Guesthouse PoortAckere Reviews

Oude Houtlei 56, 9000, Gent, Belgium

I liked my stay at Guesthouse PoortAckere very much, enjoyed the atmosphere and liked the unique character of the place. Great alternative to the budget hotels.

• 31st May 2014
  • Poland

About a 30 minute walk from the train station, but the hotel is quite close to the historical centrum of the city, which is nice. It was a really neat old building, but the creaky floor in my room was somewhat annoying! I stayed in a single twin room, which had a desk, chair, sink, soap, towel, and bath robe with slippers along with the bed. My small room had two large windows overlooking a small courtyard. I enjoyed the view. Bathrooms are in between floors, so you have to walk a bit.

• 22nd May 2014

Very clean, really cool atmosphere, close enough to city centre.

• 10th May 2014

This would be a great option if the price would be some 20% lower, or would, for instance, include breakfast. The facilities (rooms too small, no noise isolation, one common toilet for many rooms) are too basic for the price. Since the place has in its great value that it is an old, and beautiful, monastery, which should not suffer building interventions, I see price reduction as a potential way to improve the situation.

• 23rd Mar 2014