Guilin Dozycat Hostel Reviews

North Liumashan Lanw, Guilin, China

No English speaking staff, but very happy to helpwhen we sspoke Chinese to them. Loved the dog and the cats

Well, the first day come, they tryed to rise the price. I rejected very calm their request by saying that I prefere to go and pay another hotel more expensive that give them the money. After that, we have seen two anoying cats, one of them pee and poo on our beds, so we waited them to change the bed sheets. Beside helpful staff and peaceful place, nothing good.

They tried to raise the price of the room after we had booked it and before we arrived which we fought. The staff, whilst trying to be helpful, spoke very little English so it was difficult to communicate with them. The location was not as central as we had first thought it was and they didn't provide food. It does offer a laundry facility, but someone moved my clothes so they didn't dry, then the hostel tried to charge me 25 RMB to rent a towel. Perhaps this place would be better for families.

Really nice hostel. The staff where nice and helpful. Good place to Stay. :-)

A nice peaceful place with friendly staff. In a quiet location but no trouble getting into city centre.

lovely cats, good staff ,i love her .

The staff here is really friendly and helpful. They gave me a walking tour of the city during the day and then again at night and explained things as we went along. They would invite me to join the meals they cooked in their kitchen as well. the rooms were nice and while it is not in the center of the city it is within every close walking distance to anything you would want to see.

I enjoyed the hostel but it is quite a walk to the center of town. As far as fun is concerned, I wasn\'t there for that so there should be a Non-applicable category. The female staff are great! The room was excellent!

Had a great time. Really lovely staff, nice city, beautiful cats. Will certainly stay here again.

Excellent hostel, very clean with easy access to all the sights in Guilin. Staff were excellent, we really enjoyed our stay. Emma on reception was very helpful and an excellent cook. Would recommend it t9o anyone.

Its nicely decorated and theres lots of big cats about. The kitchen wasn't very clean, its a bit far out from the centre but the bus is only 1 yuan. the rooms are nice and amazing for the price. shared bathrooms were alright.

Great Hostel for the price! Thanks to all the staff, especially for letting us have a great dinner with you. Solid beds as is the norm in China. Comfy lounge area with plenty of dozy cats! Good internet connection. The walk or ride to the town centre isn't too far.

I had a great time here, the staff were AMAZING. Especially when my camera got stolen and the lovely Angela had to go from police station to police station with me to report it. Highly recommend this place!

Hey dear Kate, thank you for your compliment! Speaking of the camera thing,did you get compensation from the insurance company? Angela

very good!

The hostel was very bland and OK, and Shane (the guy who works there) is very annoying! He kept delaying us on our trips (does not understand the meaning of 'in a rush'). And in his efforts in being helpful, he tried to make the decisions for us (rejecting our desicions of course). We got a double room instead of the twin room we asked for, and the room was quite cold which didn't help at all in our February visit.

Hi .thank you for your comment.We will do our best to make our hostel more better .And if you have some advise just tell us. the annoying guy Shane

Nestled right up against a limestone mountain it promises a quiet night sleep in what could be a noisy city. There are plenty of places to explore and hike up if you're adventurous and the staff is very friendly and nice. The place quickly has a homey feeling the longer you stay. I would come again if I found my way to Guilin again.

hi ,thank you for your comment ! We are all very happy when you were in guilin ,And welcome to guilin again!

Only in Guilin for a night but staff were incredibly helpful - got taken out to eat local bbq and they arranged a great bamboo raft/bus trip to Yanshou. They'd lost our hostelworld booking, which was a bit rubbish but sorted us out with a room anyway.

I thought one staff in particular was very helpful in arranging a day tour and other information.

top hostel, was clean and good place to meet other back-packers, the beds are a little on the hard side though, that said i will stay again on my way home, thanks dozy cat!

Thanks dear Mick.We will work harder to improve the service and the living condition to make your stay here more comfortable.We are looking forword to your visit next time.

One of our favourite hotels. One member of staff, Isly, was a great help, spoke great English and willing to go out of her way to assist. Internet also free!