Guilin Riverside Hostel Reviews

NO.6 Zhu Mu Xiang,Nan Men Bridge, Guilin, China

Overall the hostel was great. It was in a good location and right by the river. It's only a few blocks to Elephant Trunk Hill and not much further to the main market/downtown area of Guilin. The staff were helpful. We took the Li River tour and the Longji Rice Terrace tour. The tour company for the Li River was not very good and kept pushing us to add more onto the tour. Also, they combined a Chinese tour with ours so much of our time was spent listening to a guide speak Chinese.

Overall, not bad at all. However, it was REALLY hard to find and the directions on the website were confusing and overall, incorrect I think. It also might help to have a Chinese address in a more prominent position on the website. Also, there was mold in our room.

• 19th Jul 2013

Slow computers.

This was my second stay at the riverside, and it was mike that made it easy to return because of his friendly and fun personality. This time though he really distinguished himself as one of the finest characters i have met in my year in China. I took a sleeper bus and lost my computer enroute. Mike went to the bus station for me and tracked down the drive, bless his heart too, and through their kind and miraculous efforts I got my computer back, and I cant tell you how precious its contents

While the rooms are quite nice as is the veranda. what I can't not abide is a hostel deliberately trying to fleece you. I asked about the bamboo boat, didn't like their price so asked for information about the bus to the pier, suddenly the bamboo boats were cancelled by the government that day 15/7/13 and only the big ferries were running. This was a lie, barefaced. Two busses and the boat were only 175¥ 25¥ less than they charged. There were also at least two rats in reception at night.

keep up the good work and never loose the friendliness and hospitality of the staff!

Some of the staff, Mike, is great! Some of the staff, girls at the desk, not so hot.

Ticketing and tour organization at the front desk were very good. Excellent service able to book from bus tour and cruise to personal driver and entrance fee arrangement.

We arrived one day later than we booked the room, which was no problem. The staff was very nice about it. Airport transfer worked out perfectly. Location is nice.

Nice location. From what the next hostel told us, this one put a commission onto tickets but didnt tell us. I am not sure if that is the case. But overall, a helpful and nice place to stay.

the hostel is a great choice but have in mind that if you arrive at night, the taxidrivers will refuse to use the meter and will charge you more than 8 yuan from the caac station.

Staff is really nice and helpful. continental breakfast different options peace and relax

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Spain

Although the hostel location is not easy to find but once you get there, you'll find out the staffs is really nice, friendly and helpful.Wifi is good. And they also offer you a good price to go yangshuo etc. Wanna stay here again :)

They also have some bicycles for rent. Nice location and even the staff is very service-orientated. Cheers

Staff were very helpful, but lacked atmosphere and the room smelt of mould. Location is really good.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Room size is good. Nice location with a terrace at the riverside. Had a great time there.

On the first day, when I landed - there was a cooler in the room. At night, the same disappeared. When I went to the reception to enquire about the cooler, they said - the room comes like that only. However, one gentleman was good enough to bring a fan. Toilet were lousy..complete water block with no repairs.. Would recommend that 1 should stay as the "Garden Forest" Guest house which is diagonally opposite this guest house. Its 100 times better, the staff there is very friendly as well.

• 8th Jun 2013
  • India

Our only comment would be that the western food we ordered in th hostel wasn't that good a quality ( coffee latte was luke warm, pizza wasnt cooked properly). But that is a small concern compared to how good the rest of the hostel is.

Absolutely fantastic hostel/hotel

• 5th Jun 2013

The staff was super friendly and helpful- they helped us book several tours and seemed happy to answer all our questions. I'd return because of the staff's professionalism and friendliness alone. One thing we didn't like was 1 room we stayed in had a weird smell that drove my allergies crazy so try to get a room upstairs instead of down. Other than the smell we enjoyed the place and found its location user friendly for getting to and from the bus station and several local attractions.