Gyeongju Guesthouse Reviews

138-2 Hwango-Dong, Gyeong-ju, South Korea

The location is excellent and it takes only a few minutes to walk from the railway station. The owner is very generous that he offers bread, egg, jam, butter, tea and coffee all day. The people stay there were mostly Koreans who are very well-behaved and considerate. Really enjoy the stay there. But I suggest the owner to fix the pipe and fan in the bathroom. The pipe leaked water from the sink and the fan was very noisy.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

While we were there, the other guests were all Korean natives on vacation. Speaking only English, it was hard to communicate. The guesthouse owner speaks decent English, but with a heavy accent so it may take awhile to learn to understand him. Nevertheless, he was very helpful, showed us how to get to some of the better tourist sites, and hooked us up with bikes to get there (5,000 won a day). Overall a great place.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in Korea. The place looked very sketchy when we first arrived, and we weren't sure we had made a good choice. We proved to be wrong. These were the most comfortable beds I've had in Korea in 5 months. Private bathrooms for every room, breakfast (toasts, jam, coffee, eggs) available 24h/7. The owner is an experienced traveller and knows a lot. Best location, we could walk to pretty much every place (except Bulguksa and Seokguram). I would go back anytime.

I highly recommend this hostel. I visited Gyeongju several times and this guesthouse is one of the best one in the world. Everything -price, location, kindness, food- is perfect. In addition, they rent a bicycle (5,000 won) and bus stop is just in front of the guesthouse. The owner is very generous and kind so that he allow us to make a toast and eat eggs for free in the afternoon and evening. Therefore, I was able to save my budget. It is hard to experience this kind of guesthouse for a while.

Staff is not the fastest, but very nice and helpful!

Directions to the hostel can be improved, we had difficulty finding our way to the hostel

Nice hostel located near the train station. The owner helped me figure out the Gyeongju buses to and from the sites. He also recommended an excellent beef soup restaurant just the street. Breakfast is self serve. Includes eggs, toast, coffee, tea. Would stay at again.

This hostel is very close to Gyeongju Train Station. Overall services were good. I highly recommend this hostel to travelers who want to check-in directly after arriving at Gyeongju.

• 15th May 2014
  • South Korea

The suggestions on what and who visit gyeongju done by the hostel manager are great! Thanks. Highly recommended.

They don't speak a lot english but were helpful. Free Food, lockere, good location.

A very good place to stay for sightseeing Gyeongju. Best Location & Price.

Very close with gyeongju train station. All staff have excellent manner and help everything. All facilities are perfect.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

I had a fantastic stay at Gyeongju Guesthouse. The owner speaks very good English and was very friendly and helpful, including giving me recommendations of what to see and detailed instructions on how to get to each place. The hostel's atmosphere is very warm, and the owner actively encourages guests to get to know each other. If I ever go back to Gyeongju, I would definitely stay there again.

• 26th Mar 2014

The real value of the place is the way the manager will tell you everything you need to know about how to visit Gyeongju. The other staff is not even polite. Location is good. Breakfast is great (with eggs and even rice). Washing machine free. My 4bed dorm had its private bathroom. The hostel is big, lots of people around but no keys to the dorms (although there are lockers). Take your own sheets, that’s my recommendation for this hostel and in general for Korea. The linen wasn’t really dir

Some challenges speaking english to the staff.

Hey there, i´m a guy from Germany, who stayed at the Gyeongju Guesthouse for one night in March. I didn´t like the atmosphere, because it wasn´t pretty familiar, although the owner is a great guy, helping wherever he could. Greetings.