Gyeongju Guesthouse Reviews

138-2 Hwango-Dong, Gyeong-ju, South Korea

I highly recommend this hostel. I visited Gyeongju several times and this guesthouse is one of the best one in the world. Everything -price, location, kindness, food- is perfect. In addition, they rent a bicycle (5,000 won) and bus stop is just in front of the guesthouse. The owner is very generous and kind so that he allow us to make a toast and eat eggs for free in the afternoon and evening. Therefore, I was able to save my budget. It is hard to experience this kind of guesthouse for a while.

Staff is not the fastest, but very nice and helpful!

Directions to the hostel can be improved, we had difficulty finding our way to the hostel

Nice hostel located near the train station. The owner helped me figure out the Gyeongju buses to and from the sites. He also recommended an excellent beef soup restaurant just the street. Breakfast is self serve. Includes eggs, toast, coffee, tea. Would stay at again.

This hostel is very close to Gyeongju Train Station. Overall services were good. I highly recommend this hostel to travelers who want to check-in directly after arriving at Gyeongju.

• 15th May 2014
  • South Korea

The suggestions on what and who visit gyeongju done by the hostel manager are great! Thanks. Highly recommended.

They don't speak a lot english but were helpful. Free Food, lockere, good location.

A very good place to stay for sightseeing Gyeongju. Best Location & Price.

Very close with gyeongju train station. All staff have excellent manner and help everything. All facilities are perfect.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

I had a fantastic stay at Gyeongju Guesthouse. The owner speaks very good English and was very friendly and helpful, including giving me recommendations of what to see and detailed instructions on how to get to each place. The hostel's atmosphere is very warm, and the owner actively encourages guests to get to know each other. If I ever go back to Gyeongju, I would definitely stay there again.

• 26th Mar 2014

The real value of the place is the way the manager will tell you everything you need to know about how to visit Gyeongju. The other staff is not even polite. Location is good. Breakfast is great (with eggs and even rice). Washing machine free. My 4bed dorm had its private bathroom. The hostel is big, lots of people around but no keys to the dorms (although there are lockers). Take your own sheets, that’s my recommendation for this hostel and in general for Korea. The linen wasn’t really dir

Some challenges speaking english to the staff.

Hey there, i´m a guy from Germany, who stayed at the Gyeongju Guesthouse for one night in March. I didn´t like the atmosphere, because it wasn´t pretty familiar, although the owner is a great guy, helping wherever he could. Greetings.

Convinent location to the train station and about a 10min walk from the bus station, 15min walk from the museum. The nice old man at the front desk when I checked in didn't speak any English, but there was a list of info in the room on the back of the door re breakfast, check-out times etc.

The place is nice, and location is amazing!!! but the stuff is not able to speak a decent level of english! What made my stay uncomfortable. The man in the front desk didn't even try to understand what i was saying and kept talking to me in korean. At night there was another man in the front desk with a bit better English that explained things .