Gyeongju Guesthouse Reviews

138-2 Hwango-Dong, Gyeong-ju, South Korea

Really 2 minutes from the train station. Manager very nice and explain everything to you. 24 hours breakfast. Ypu can hire a bicicle and make a very interesting route that the manager makes for you. totally recomended.

Great location to get too many places in the city and it's surrounds. Excellent value for money. Breakfast provided. The owner and the staff were very friendly and made us feel so welcome. It's possible to rent bicycles from there too. Great place to stay.

• 6th Sep 2014

This is a great hostel. It was the best service I've experienced from any hostel I've ever stayed in; my friends and I were treated extremely well.

Picked this GH for a 4 night stay because of location (near tourist office and food market) and reviews. Owner and night manager were friendly, however overall place lacked atmosphere. It had a large kitchen and common area, but the one cleaning lady for the GH always struggled to keep it clean (dirty floor, overflowing bins), as so many people didn't clean up after themselves. Bathroom were cleaned daily, but walls mouldy & sink leaked. Very small rooms, no door key, just a locker.

• 17th Aug 2014

Advices and help were great, the room was convenient, the comment on cleanliness is due to the sink leak, and a few odd leftover items in the room. In the end we spent a good time in your place!

• 12th Aug 2014

Dirty laundry. A very small number. Was declared an extra bed. Upon arrival we were told that extra mattress - it's just a blanket on the floor. O_O After a request to change the dirty linen, we were told that, yes, well, the laundry will be new. It never happened. Pay towels. More in this hostel to stay I will not.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Russia

The location is excellent and it takes only a few minutes to walk from the railway station. The owner is very generous that he offers bread, egg, jam, butter, tea and coffee all day. The people stay there were mostly Koreans who are very well-behaved and considerate. Really enjoy the stay there. But I suggest the owner to fix the pipe and fan in the bathroom. The pipe leaked water from the sink and the fan was very noisy.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

While we were there, the other guests were all Korean natives on vacation. Speaking only English, it was hard to communicate. The guesthouse owner speaks decent English, but with a heavy accent so it may take awhile to learn to understand him. Nevertheless, he was very helpful, showed us how to get to some of the better tourist sites, and hooked us up with bikes to get there (5,000 won a day). Overall a great place.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in Korea. The place looked very sketchy when we first arrived, and we weren't sure we had made a good choice. We proved to be wrong. These were the most comfortable beds I've had in Korea in 5 months. Private bathrooms for every room, breakfast (toasts, jam, coffee, eggs) available 24h/7. The owner is an experienced traveller and knows a lot. Best location, we could walk to pretty much every place (except Bulguksa and Seokguram). I would go back anytime.

I highly recommend this hostel. I visited Gyeongju several times and this guesthouse is one of the best one in the world. Everything -price, location, kindness, food- is perfect. In addition, they rent a bicycle (5,000 won) and bus stop is just in front of the guesthouse. The owner is very generous and kind so that he allow us to make a toast and eat eggs for free in the afternoon and evening. Therefore, I was able to save my budget. It is hard to experience this kind of guesthouse for a while.

Staff is not the fastest, but very nice and helpful!

Directions to the hostel can be improved, we had difficulty finding our way to the hostel

Nice hostel located near the train station. The owner helped me figure out the Gyeongju buses to and from the sites. He also recommended an excellent beef soup restaurant just the street. Breakfast is self serve. Includes eggs, toast, coffee, tea. Would stay at again.

This hostel is very close to Gyeongju Train Station. Overall services were good. I highly recommend this hostel to travelers who want to check-in directly after arriving at Gyeongju.

• 15th May 2014
  • South Korea

The suggestions on what and who visit gyeongju done by the hostel manager are great! Thanks. Highly recommended.

They don't speak a lot english but were helpful. Free Food, lockere, good location.

A very good place to stay for sightseeing Gyeongju. Best Location & Price.

Very close with gyeongju train station. All staff have excellent manner and help everything. All facilities are perfect.

• 4th Apr 2014