H.I. Los Angeles / Santa Monica Reviews

1436 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

Toilets don't flush correctly. The room was smelly.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

without a doubt I think it's a bit expensive and very poor breakfast

Thank you for an nice stay.

• 16th Apr 2014

Nice hostel very close to many restaurants, stores and beach. Staff is convenient and safety place. However, first time I must pay for computer use in a hostel.

• 13th Apr 2014

Typical HI hostel. Might need a little paint here and there but generally very clean. Nice size rooms, comfy beds and lockers for everyone. Excellent location between beach and shopping area in Santa Monica.

Clean, nice place. Bit expensive, you could probably also book a motel for that amount of money if you're traveling with someone else. Excellent kitchen and very good location. Quiet hostel at night

Not a place to party..no alcohol allowed in the hostel and people all on their phones ..no hostel interaction

Clean, does the job and centraly located. Couldn't ask for better than that.

• 4th Apr 2014

No one tells you that you have to pay extra fees. That is not fair.

Everything was great!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great location, helpful staff, good they have tours and stuff organised, nice breakfast too.

• 2nd Apr 2014

if you are going to Santa Monica, this is the place to stay! The hostel is close to the Beach as well as the city. Planned to stay here for 2 nights, but ended up with staying for 8 nights. Already miss Santa Monica and the hostel! Met so many cool people at HI. If I should say something negative, it has to be the breakfast, wish it was more variety!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Norway

A good hostel, breakfast included which is nice. Great location really close to the beach and the walking street in Santa Monica. Had a great walking tour in Venice beach, thanks Ekin for that. Lots of things happening, and if you participate to the organized tours it's easy to get to know people. Otherwise I only got to know people in my own dorm.

Awesome staff. Did the best they could to give us suggestions on where to go for a night out. Could we get the people in the courtyard to respect those who are sleeping in the am to keep the noise down? In the courtyard the noise bounces off the walls.

• 21st Mar 2014

Really difficult to meet new people at this hostel! It The guests are not social at all. Seems that there a lot of group tours and people using it as a home, because they can't find anywhere else to live.. Don't choose the 10 beds room. lived with a group of Highschool girls and it was a mess.

Great hostel at a great place

バス停や海から近いし、治安も良いところなので、すごく気持ちよく過ごせました。10人部屋でしたが部屋も清潔で、鍵のつけられるロッカーもあり、Wi-Fiもきちんと繋がります。朝ごはんもキッチンがあるので、自分で買ったものと合わせれば、美味しく食べられると思います。またサンタモニカに行く機会があれば利用させて貰いたいです!

My bed was dirty and even the room. But very nice in the common rooms

I'm sorry that your room was dirty...it's difficult when several people are sharing a room to keep everything super clean.

The staff was very accomodating and friendly, even with my late 11pm arrival! Location was great, and facilities were very good.

this poor hostel is worst one ever in my entire life. what i hate the most about here is that price and fraud. they required extra fee when we arrived because we don't have the freaking membership. they should've discounted for the members rather than added extra fees for non members. we stayed 1 night. and it was 42$ per one person even our room was 10people dorm. are you kidding? 42bucks for 10 person dorm? also they provided a free pub crawl. it was fraud. nothing was for free.

I'm sorry that you felt we are too expensive. It's true - we are a membership organization and non members pay a daily non member fee. I think if you research the rates in Santa Monica for accomodations that are one block from the beach, you will find that $42 a night is reasonable even for a dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4