H.I. Los Angeles / Santa Monica Reviews

1436 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, Los Angeles, California, USA

I absolutely loved this hostel it was by far the best i have stayed in. The location couldnt have been better. It also had lots of free activities which was great for when i ran out of cash. The only bit i would say needs improving is the showers.

OH! We are so pleased that you loved our hostel and appreciate your recommendation for improvement.

Highly recommended

• 13th Feb 2014

Excellent facilities, especially water filters and chilled reading room, huge kitchen. And great location for the beach and shopping. Staff very happy to help when you need. Comfortable beds with personal lamplight. But as with many US hostels, rather a strange mix of people staying there across the age spectrum and including the homeless and incapacitated for example. So not too much atmosphere.

Not the hostels fault but... I shared a room for 2 days with someone that had a severe bout of the flu - so she told me as I was leaving! Is there a policy about sharing a room when you are unwell? Staff were fantastic. I recommend the guided walks.

We really appreciate the high praise for our staff and your recommendation for our activities. Sorry that you shared a room with someone that wasn't feeling well though.

Pity about the shower was our of order and had to used another floor otherwise great stay

A great location, well set up hostel with lots of different spaces & plenty of room. Staff were very helpful & information provided for activities was excellent with directions & maps. Breakfast was good with tea & coffee provided all day. Big kitchen & eating areas. An elevator was an added plus especially with luggage.

Thank you for such a detailed review. We appreciate the high marks and comments like this make us want to improve!

I had to use restrooms from other floors and there were a lot of locks missing for the locker. Other than that the facilities and services were clean and good.

I'm sorry you were inconvenienced during your stay with us. We had a plumbing problem during that time which needed to be addressed and it caused our guest to use a restroom on another floor. I'm glad everything else was fine and appreciate your comment.

This is the best hostel I ever stayed. I've already stayed there for 3 times. There are just two things I would like to comment that I didn't like much: once there were 5 guys in my room and one was really noisy and I couldn't sleep all night. Another thing is that I was driving a car and had to pay for parking overnight. If I stayed in a hotel with parking lot, I would probally pay the same amount, and stay in a private room.

No fan or A/c in the rooms. Automatic vending m/c's we're not working. Doors should be provided for bathrooms instead of cloth screens.

great location, facility so great. nice breakfast

If you wanna stay at quiet and clean place, I really recommend this hostel. Location is perfect close to the beach and shopping area.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Only stayed for 1 night so didn't get to really experience the hostel. Was a great location in Santa Monica, rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Showers were 'too hot' on our floor so had to shower on the floor below. Slight inconvenience but not the end of the world. Would stay again if I was in LA

Great location if you like shopping and the beach. Very expensive, but very safe area. Staff were good but not very helpful.

• 18th Jan 2014

I really liked this hostel, although I stayed there only one night. If only I had more time! It's in great location. Close to the beach and shopping area and so on. The staff was really nice and helpful. They tried to help me with problems, even though it's not related to the hostel. It was really helpful! There are a lot of activities going on all the time. So you can join them and enjoy!

Location was AWESOME! Hostel was clean and staff was always available to help. Had a blast on the Pub Crawl and you just can't beat the location. I highly recommend.

I love this place, i would recommend it to anyone. Except, breakfast are not included much of the varieties beside bread.

Great hostel with awesome people. The location is perfect and you can reach everything within 10minutes walking distance. The hostel just had some serious water problems during my stay, water did not work showers too hot or too cold… but i think thats fixed now =) All in all my stay was great and I really enjoyed my time

• 2nd Jan 2014

You will love it if you like stay near beach.. Had great time staying there..

• 29th Dec 2013