HI Hostel Chapada - Lencois Reviews

Rua Urbano Duarte 121, Chapada Diamantina, Chapada Diamantina, Brazil

Stay here! Great staff who went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed to get there and to my next destination. I'd definitely recommend this hostel. Clean, good breakfast, with a nice relaxing atmosphere. I stayed as a solo traveler, and both travelers and staff were really friendly. You can organize day trips or longer hikes right from the front desk, the night before. If you're worried about finding the place, email them to see if someone can meet you at the bus station.

Had a great time while my stay.

• 28th May 2015

Nice Place, the lady who cooks the breakfast is lovely, the breakfast is also very nice, I had no problem with the hostel, and i Would stay there again

Nice hostel in a quiet street not far from the bars and restaurants. Nice staff and great breakfast. Can book all the various tours from here. Would stay again.

It's really hard to find a bad thing about this hostel! I just can't! Amazing staff, clean beds and bathrooms, peaceful atmosphere & delicious breakfasts (just loved those jellies)! I surely recommend it to you all, guys. Nice job, Juan!

Thank you Rhaissa for your rating. It is our pleasure to take good care of our clientes. We appreciate your kind words and take them as fuel to our daily taks and dedication to satisfy our guests. We hope you come back soon. Obrigado, Juan

Very well located, very good breakfast. The personal its very attentive and they help on organizing the excurtions. I would definitely reccomend this place.

Dear Catalina, many thanks for your rating. We are happy you enjoyed our services. The entire Hostel Staff takes pride on their dedication to our guests, thus cleaning, securing and breakfast are definitely well done . Tending to our clients need as far as organizing excursions and trekking is another daily routine that we enjoy very much. Obrigado and volte sempre!

Would definitely recommend people stay here! The facilities were great, the staff were so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to help is and make us feel at home. The trips into the chapada were good value for money and a great experience! When staying there we felt like we were visiting friends or family, I would highly reccomend staying here. Thank you got a great time in lencois & the chapada!! Gina and Savina

• 15th Apr 2015

Dear Gina, we appreciate your kind words. Know that your presence here with us made a difference in our experience. YOur positive energy was felt and enriches all of our staff members. Your testimonial shall serve to enlight other travelers when choosing where to saty in Lencois and we hope to host most of them! We trully expect to see you again. Many thanks, Claudia

Excellent hostel, good helfpul staff, booked tours with in house tour company which were also very good. Great breakfast

Dear Brian, we feel fortunate that you have chosen HI Hostel Chapada to stay in Lencois. Your presence fills us with pride. We know there are quite a few other means of accommodation in Lencois and it is our understanding that clients become more demanding each day. Thus, we perform daily tasks with a lot of care and love, for this makes the difference and set us as the best hostel in town. Many thanks,

My stay at this hostel was great. I'm not really a hostel person, but this time decided to save some money and give it a go. Hi hostel Chapada felt more like pousada. It had a beautiful garden with hammocks. It just felt truly Brazilian experience. The place was very clean and well looked after. But the best thing about tis hostel is breakfast: great variety of food and absolutely delicious.

Dear guest, we are happy you enjoyed your experience here at HI HosteL Chapada. You are right, this is our home and we love taking good care of our clients, as family members. Preparing breakfast is one of our favorite tasks in the morning. In fact entire Hostel staff enjoys it too. Because satisfying our clients is a goal, cleaning with zeal is mandatory everyday 365/days a year. We appreciate your kind words and hope you come back. Best vibes from Chapada, Juan

Nice surprise, spotless bathrooms, delicious breakfast, attentive staff. Feels like home.

• 12th Mar 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your reviews. We appreciate your taking the time to rate our services and hope you come back soon. Best vibes from Chapada Diamantina, Juan

The breakfast at the hostel is very very good! The rooms are nice, also the rest of the hostel. The only thing I didn't like, was that there was no one at the reception one night, so I couldn't enter and had to sleep at another place.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us at HI Hostel Chapada. We are happy you enjoyed our clean spotless rooms and bathrooms, had a plentiful breakfast and a lot of caring from our staff. Our security cameras recorded your tentative to enter the Hostel accompanied with a NON Guest at 1 am, event that was declined by night shift receptionist. Our cameras also show you returned at 2 am by yourself and receptionist was in guest kitchen cleaning, returning to answer the door when you had left.

The staff was not helpfull at all neither nice. Their tours were quite bad.

Dear guest, it was your choice to hire a guide from the street, despite our recommendation otherwise. We knew you would not be pleased with that suspicious service. Regarding your one-night stay here at HI Hostel Chapada, we were aware that you were the only unhappy guest among 27 other pleased guests. We know it is impossible to please everyone, specially certain people. Fortunately, everybody else left satisfied with our friendliness, except you.

Hot food for breakfast! Great juices! Very nice, warm, helpful and welcoming staff! They even made the bed for me. Free condoms! What's not to like? Best hostel ever. They advocate a quiet atmosphere after 10PM, and they don't have a bar/restaurant in the hostel. This makes it slightly harder to meet new people, but its not too big of a deal because I met people anyway.

Thank you for choosing to stay at HI Hostel Chapada in Lencois. Yes, we are happy to take good care of our guests and make sure they get the best out of their stay. Making our guests beds, preparing breakfast in abundance and cleaning all property impecably everyday is part of daily activities, and we do it with love. We hope you come back for more fun. Obrigado! Juan Mendez.

View all Chapada Diamantina Hostels