HI Manaira Reviews

R. Major Ciraulo,380, Joao Pessoa, Brazil

I liked this hostel and the staff was very helpful too. However, I consider absolutely unacceptable the fact that they charge way more for the same dormitory room, when you get there without a prior booking. on their profile indicated a rate of 45 reis, their door rate is 60 reis and they asked me to book on-line while I was in reception. After finding out that hostel appeared full on-line, they allowed me to pay 50 reis. Pretty amateur rating policy and could never have expected from a hi-hostel!!

Do not stay here. I booked in advance and followed up with an email about my arrival (unanswered). Most flights into João Pessoa arrive in the morning around 02:00. When I arrived at the hostel the staff did not speak English (luckily my Brazilian friend was with me), would not let me into the hostel (I showed them my confirmation #), didn't know how to use the computer to check the confirmation #, and was generally rude. Also, this neighborhood is unsafe. This was a nightmare. Don't stay here!

• 5th Jan 2015