HI-Martha's Vineyard Reviews

Edgartown-West Tisbury Road 525, West Tisbury, MA, Mail Address: P.O.Box 3158, West Tisbury, MA 02575, Martha's Vineyard, USA

Pancake girl, Danielle, did a great job.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Beautiful setting, clean, efficiently run, knowledgeable, friendly staff - couldn't ask for anything more.

Chris and Michelle were great. Both very helpful and answered all my questions. When I was slightly lost on my waty yhere Chris gave me accurate directions over the phone. The morning pancakes were a great inexpected pleasure.

very friendly people, a beautiful place in the middle of the trees. A very goog price/quality combination. Just to know : it is in the middle of marth'as vineyard and not near a town, you have to take the bus to go out.

• 7th Sep 2013

The people running this place are amazing... Great atmosphere.

• 30th Aug 2013

I especially liked the availability of staff, the large outdoor lawn area with plenty of room to spread out, the general cleanliness, the simplicity of just having the basics with no frills and therefore relatively low cost. Please keep the no frills approach and the prices low.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I've stayed at the Vineyard youth hostel 6 times since 1996 and have always had a great experience. It is easier now that the hostel provides sheets/blankets since I have to carry everything I need on my bike. I also like that it is now open all day in case the weather is bad or you just need to drop off your things. I especially like the swing outside to relax and read after supper, and also love the outdoor shower. Lastly, the fully equipped kitchen makes food prep convenient and easy.

• 15th Aug 2013

The staff was wonderful and everything was very clean!! Would definitely stay there again and/or recommend to friends.

• 15th Aug 2013

I have stayed twice, for 1 night each time, at the MV Hostel. It is a great buy for the money especially in-season when hotels require a 2-night minimum and rooms book for $200+ per night. The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming, the facilities are clean, and the fresh pancakes are delicious. The other guests were interesting, engaging, and respectful. The hostel is not close to anything but the bike trail and bus line go right past it so all island attractions are easy to get to.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Danielle was a peach!. She was funny, helpful, and such a hard worker. We stayed in a private room. I would have liked the option of locking the room when we were away for the day.

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I stayed here last weekend for the shark tournament. The staff was extremely helpful, the guy at the front desk stayed on the phone with us the entire way to help us find the place. It is a little out of the way of everything, but what can you expect for a hostel on MV? Security is so great that I got locked out in the middle of the night, and couldn't get back in til the morning ;) Only complaint I had is they don't advertise that they are an alcohol free property.

• 19th Jul 2013

The staff is amazing! So friendly, they make you feel right at home.

• 14th Jul 2013

I loved this hostel. It was very relaxed. It was a beautiful facility right on the bus route and a bike ride away from Edgartown. I found it a great location for my weekend at Martha's Vineyard and would absolutely stay again!

Martha's Vineyard hostel is my new favorite! The staff made us immediately feel at home and welcomed. Every question we asked, every detail needed, was provided. Delicious breakfast each morning, clean linens, towel, wi-fi and amazing door-to-door shuttle service to island locations made our stay a great one! Will be back again!

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

We had a wonderful time! The staff was beyond lovely and helpful. Please come here for your stay in MV!

• 3rd Jun 2013