HI Munich-Park Reviews

Miesingstr. 4, Munich, Germany

Overall it is a great hostel with clean rooms and bathrooms, lockers, free breakfast. The only thing that irked me was the lack of any kind of shower towel being provided. Especially since hostels are known for having light packers. What was I supposed to use, the toilet paper? And I didn't see any signs anywhere in the room about where to get one or rent one. I ended up using my bed sheet, which is kind of gross, but it was either that or my dirty underwear.

• 24th May 2015

It was a great place to stay although it was a little out of the way. The staff was very helpful and customer friendly.

• 22nd May 2015

Thank you very much for stay and comment!

Staff were always helpful. Wonderful large facility with free secure lockers in the luggage drop-off room, a good dining hall, and a relaxed environment. Close to U-Bahn (subway) station that brings you downtown in minutes (bonus: front desk sells transit tickets). Tucked away in a quiet area. Limited free parking spaces.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you so much for staying here and your nice review!

While outside downtown Munich, the staff was very friendly, allowed us to check in early so we could explore Munich unencummbered with our backpacks, provided us a very clean and tidy room and provided an ample breakfast for no extra cost the next morning. Would recommend this hostel to anyone, even without an International Hostelling Membership.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you very much for your stay and Review. Enjoy your travel!

The beds aren't comfortable

Thanks for stay and comment.

The other comments are absolutely right - it's mostly families and school groups. But the hostel is great - it's massive! A huge breakfast buffet, the rooms are spacious and clean... and there's lots of other places to chill (games room, lounges, etc.). Would I recommend this place to another young solo traveller? Sure, but it's not a very social place. I was lucky enough to meet other people in my room, but other than that it doesn't have that atmosphere. Great stay though :) Munich is amazing.

Thanks for stay and amazing review. Enjoy your travel!

As others have stated. No wifi in the rooms which stinks. It is a huge facility, pretty clean and quiet. There were a lot families and what I assume we're group trips. But didn't bother my stay at all. Breakfast was good. No complaints.

It is a very good hostel, with clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff. The hostel offers good breakfast in the morning, and has a nice space for playing games and socializing. It would be good if they could provide some toiletries in the hostel, everything else was perfect.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Thank you very much for staying and reviewing, thanks!

Hostel is labeled completely wrong. This should be called a family hostel rather than a youth hostel. There were little kids and families everywhere. It was EXTREMELY loud, always. The rooms don't have lockers big enough for backpackers so we had to trust that our roommates would not go through any of our stuff (which I didn't like at all). There was a small locker, but could only fit a few small things. I could list numerous other things that were bothersome. Would not recommend this hostel.

We still have hope to review some of our guests ..... What is youth for you? Only american between 21 and 22 years???? Come on there have been around 50 backpackers at this weekend, 2 football clubs with players 16-18 years, 2 student groups and about 30 families with kids, Thats YOUTH in all it facilities. After 22.00 its been completely silent. You cancelled 2nd night and got refund and all you do is complaining about everything in your wear words? We would love to rate guests just warn others

Atmosphere a bit boring, not the best for meeting people because it's full of school kids on camps and it's just so big. Too far away from the city so had to pay for train tickets to everywhere. Wifi only working in the lobby which was a pain and there were a lack of power points in the rooms. Although it is very clean and staff were friendly. Breakfast was awesome and it was nice that the shower and toilet were separated in the rooms.

Thanks for your stay. We describe our location quite truly (not downtown partyhostel) Free wifi is in all public areas as Lobby, dining hall, Lounge in ground floor. Dayticket for the metro is just 11.70 Euro for up to 5 personsn, quite a bargain and only one ticket to use ..... Thank you very much for your positive words about breakfast and staff :-) Enjoy your travel!

Good location, very clean and huge breakfast - totally recommendable!

• 19th Mar 2015

Cheers for stay and review!!

The wifi is still only available in the lobby, unfortunately, and it's more of a hotel atmosphere than a hostel atmosphere, but it's a great place to sleep and see Munich!

Thanks for stay and comment.

Its very clean hostel with comfortable beds, clean towels, exactly what i needed after long trip. Breakfast was included and it was great. I was very happy to see free parking for hostel guests as well. Only thing that bothered me is that there was no wifi connection in my room, only in hostel lobby. That can be of great disadvantage for someone who doesn't have German SIM card and must pay for expensive roaming.

Thank you very much for your stay and comment. We are improving our wifi at the moment.

Clean, super super kind people in the Reception ( specially a worker called Juan), they were always available for whatever you need.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Thank you very much!!! Muchos saludos de Juan :-)

Good hostel, looks like a real hotel, It's huge, but I think because of that it's a bit cold the atmosphere, kind of difficult to make friends or just get to know the people. I'd say it's good to go with a group of friends. Wifi works well in the common areas, but in the room, low signal. The breakfast is simply awesome and the staff is nice too. Location is quite far from center, however there's a metro station near there.

Thank you very much for stay and review, obrigado

It is a pleasant place, not far from the city center. If you go to Munich with your car, it is the ideal place to stay. For sure, next time, it will be my choice again.

Nice Hostel! Lots of families and children, but that's not really a problem. Very nice atmosphere. The rooms are clean and no noise at all. I would definitely come back!

Thank you very much for your stay and review. On your day many many families from the Netherland travelled to Skiing in Austria and stopover in Munich.

The hostel is great. I particularly appreciated the breakfast and lockers. The bad point is that the wifi only works downstairs :( It is a little far from the city center but it is very easy to find with the given instructions!

• 20th Feb 2015

Thanks for stay and comment.

Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean, sheets were clean, floors were clean. Only drawback is the location. Tierpark is nice, but if you want to stay in downtown Munich, its a bit of a hike out there. With that being said, the U and S-bahns are fairly close and easily accessible.

Thank you very much for your stay and your detailled review. Keep up travelling.

They have 24 7 pizza machine! If you can put up with a 10 min train ride to central then highly recomend