HI San Francisco - Fisherman's Wharf Reviews

Building #240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, USA

Such a great little gem. Wonderful staff and clean facilities. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for a relaxed stay by the bay.

• 9th Dec 2015

The room I stayed in didn't smell very pleasant, but that was probably due to another guest that was in it and not your ability to manage the hostel.

Squeakiest bunk beds I have ever slept on. Every single minimal movement made a loud noise, and they were very uncomfortable. The cleaning staff need to be more thorough in their efforts, shower shoes were nearly needed the floors were getting that bad. Would be good if they had bath mats in the showers also. Good location, nice staff and free breakfast with nice bagels.

Thank for you for sharing you constructive comments. I am sorry to hear our facilities did not meet your expectations. Our historic location in one of San Francisco oldest buildings does come with its quirks, however we do our best to maintain a high level of comfort for our guests. I will be sharing your comments regarding the showers and beds with our maintenance staff to brainstorm a solution. I am glad you enjoyed other aspects of our hostel and hope you'd return! Mira, Front Desk Manager

The staff is extremely friendly. I was pleased with how clean and homey the room was. We ended up extending our stay an extra night. That's how much we enjoyed it. The location was safe and easy to get around the city. Most lyft rides to other parts of town are fairly inexpensive. Thank you HI Fisherman's Wharf for an amazing stay!

Amazing location, helpful staff, amazing facilities. It worths every penny!

The location is excellent, adjacent to the Marina Green and not too far from Fisherman's Wharf. The best part is that it includes free parking; however, the instructions on where to park and where not to are a bit confusing.

• 27th Nov 2015

Excellent location, beautiful views, friendly people and staff. I had someone harassing me in one of my rooms and I was immediately moved to a much quieter, all female dorm. Forgot laptop there overnight and it was not touched.

• 26th Nov 2015

location is good , close to the fisherman's wharf. Some of the staff are nice but some is not very. One bad experience of mine was that my food in fridge was stolen even l put the label on it.

I stayed here in the largest dorm whilst visiting San Francisco with my brother and absolutely loved it here. Location was great, very unique. It was probably the cleanest hostel I have been in and there facilities were great. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hostel to anyone considering it. Although if you're up for a party this probably isn't going to be what you're looking for. I met some great people that I went out drinking with but nothing crazy happening in the common area here.

Wonderful, near many visitor locations/within walking distance. Friend wanted to see ocean, Golden Gate Bridge & Alcatraz - our window gave us all! We could park there, deciding factor for me. Rated good on dorm as it was very cold. The extra wool blankets definitely helped. Liked fireplace in great room. Rated average on security b/c there was no lock on entrance, just dorm. Breakfast was plentiful and nutritious, with a great view. Loved the historical facts. Helpful,friendly staff.

Wonderful people. Had a great time!! Many thanks. Good breakfast too to start the day!!

Enjoyed my stay and was good value.

• 20th Nov 2015

I can't charge my phone inside the room,expect that everything is okay.The map at the front desk is extremely useful.And the free sticker of the city is also very cute!

• 12th Nov 2015

Great place, great location, great city. Thank you.

• 9th Nov 2015

It is not in the centre, but because of this it was a nice and peacefull hostel.

• 6th Nov 2015

Pretty good hostel, but if your looking to party go somewhere else

I've felt much better in European hostels, there was a strange vibe in this one.

By no means a party hostel but it was a cool place with a fantastic view of the bay and golden gate bridge, only negative thing was the bathrooms reminder me of something you'd see in a secondary school.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad you enjoyed our tranquil little hostel by the bay. Our location in a national park definitely sets us apart a bit from other lodging in the middle of town. Regarding the bathrooms, we are lucky enough to be located in a refurbished military hospital which is historically protected by the National Park Service. This preventd us from changing too much structurally in the building. We do our best to keep the restrooms clean and tidy! Safe Travels! Mira

Bathrooms were always disgusting, only saw them being cleaned once per day. Staff didn't seem to care, I once told them about a toilet out of order and no one even bothered to put a sign on the door. Staff were also not the most knowledgeable or helpful. We asked a staff member about getting to the airport and they didn't know which manner of public transit was best. Typically when I go to a hostel staff are super enthusiastic and will go out of their way to show you city highlights.

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at our hostel. Our cleaning staff works tirelessley to keep the building tidy but it sounds as though we were not hitting the mark during your visit. Regarding your experience with our reception staff, I apologize that you did not feel an effort was made to help you. We are reaching the tail end of our busy high season and it sounds like you experienced "burn out" that you didn't deserve. Thanks for your feedback! Mira Front Desk Manager

Great location, friendly staff and good facilities. Loved hanging out in the cafe in the evening.

• 15th Oct 2015