HI Siem Reap Reviews

No. 209 Wat Domnak Village, Salacomreuk Commune, Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Staff was very unfriendly and I had a feeling that I am bothering them because I arrived at night to do check in. The dust is everywhere. There is no windowing lades dorm and the bathroom is dirty and inconvenient to use, no separate place for shower it is combined with the bathroom and always wet. Couldn't stay there for 4 nights which I have booked and checked out after one night.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Russia

Dear Guests, Thank you for your feedback, We are sorry if you feel that our staff is unfriendly during your stay. but regarding the room as all of our room All are have window and none of them not have so your comment with no window is a bit ware. Dorm room we do clean 2times daily. Thank you

The hostel is perfectly located just behind the Arts Centre Night Market, just walk through the market and you are already there. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered good prices for tuk tuk tours and booked my bus ticket for me. Bathroom facilities were a little bit old but with the included breakfast a good value for money.

No pick up from airport though already informed via email. Do not agree if no pick up service.

The staff were very accommodating, answering any and all of our questions and assisting us without complaint when we wanted to use to cold "hot tube" (which was awesome, by the way!). There's a market right across the street, and on the other side of the market are lots of restaurants, bars, etc. Very convenient.

I enjoyed my stay here. The location is awesome being right across from one of the night markets and just a short walk to Pub Street and the tourist area. They picked us up from the bus station for free and arranged a Tuk tuk to take is on a temple tour at sunrise which was very convenient. The access to the pool at their other location was great as it was nice to relax after spending all day touring around the city. Only downside was the ensuite bathroom was so tiny it was hard to shower.

Diane at the front desk is amazing she took me to her village outside Siem Reap and we became great friends. I will stay here in a heartbeat next time.

A very good hostel, we all really enjoyed our stay here. You get use of the pool, which is cool, at the sister hostel. Decent location which is fairly closer to Pub Street etc, but far enough away to allow a good nights sleep. Really comfy beds and decent air con. If you don't get up early for breakfast, there isn't much there by the end of service (but we only made breakfast once so this didn't matter). Would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Amazing location, most of the staff was really polite and helpful (special mention to the driver who took us to the swimming pool with his tuktuk when we said that we were looking for it without being able to find it). We took a twin beds room. It was clean and nice. Quiet environment.

• 28th Nov 2015

The airport pick up service is excellent. The hostel has hired its own drivers and offer reasonable price for tuk tuk tours (such as angkor wat). It is very convenient for us who did not do much planning before we come and did not have a tuk tuk driver in mind. Excellent Wi-fi connection, very friendly staff, excellent location The hostel has large common area, snooker and relaxing balcony, which is very nice. However, the spa they mentioned exists...but you would not want to use it.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

Amazing staff who helped us with everything we could ever want. Good beds, clean bathrooms and amazing pool. Location isn't in the center of town, but for us was perfect as it was a short walk and much quieter and calmer that the main area.

I had an absolutely fantastic three weeks at HI Siem Reap Deluxe while volunteering in Cambodia. I made fantastic friends. Me and a fellow traveller went fishing with some of the local staff and had a perfect day. All the staff are helpful and kind! Facilities are kept very clean, beds are made everyday, and the included towels are changed regularly too. Breakfast is a delicious and simple meal of eggs, toast, jam, and fruit. I slept well every night. Great location. Will absolutely stay again.

A really nice and cheap hostel to spend a couple of days. With it being stationed in a more quite area, but at the same time a 5 minutes walk to pub street, it was the perfect location. Chill music all day long and the swimming pool at the second floor (with a view) is nice after a long day of temple sightseeing.

• 17th Nov 2015

Great hostel. Located right across from the night market. 5 min walk to pub street. Hostel staff were friendly: only annoying thing is that they refuse to accept any USD with even a slight tear in it. They provide small lockers for you. The hostel quiet...definitely not a party hostel by any means. Very clean, but the water coming from the shower and faucets have a metallic smell/taste. The pool in the deluxe HI hostel down the street was def a plus. Would stay here again .

Good location, elizabeth is very accomodating, I arrive late and I called them and pick me up at bus station, I will recommend to my friends.

Well-located hostel with friendly staff.

Facilities are great and you get a lot for what you pay. Staff was helpful in general but not always very cheerful. The beds are great and the bathrooms okay

Perfect location for the nightlife and just far enough to not hear it all night long. We were right opposite the markets which was great if your looking for gifts or a bargain, practically on your door step. They didn't have a pool but there deluxe hotel did 3 minutes up the street that you can use for free which was fab. The room was a decent size and I would definitely stay here again for the price. Staff were very helpful & even sent my postcards home for me after I had left.

Great hostel in a good location with nice breakfast. The food service is slow so you are better off having lunch and dinner elsewhere.

I'm not used to stay in hostel anymore, probably that's the reason for my poor review. The location is excellent super close to the city center ( Bars, Restaurants and Markets), the staff was also very friendly.

• 4th Nov 2015

Free pickup from the bus station a god send! Breakfast good. Location perfect, just outside of all the noise of main "pub street". Staff lovely and really helpful.