Han Jin Hostel Reviews

173-1 GyeongBook-Do GyeongJu City NoSeo Dong, Gyeong-ju, South Korea

The owner was extremely friendly but I found the location hard to navigate. The building is a lovely old one but not for people who prefer something cleaner and more modern.

Nice hotel. Good location. Staff really nice and giving good advises on locations to visit. If i come back i will go there again !

• 20th Jul 2015

This is one of those hostels that grows old with age but retains all of its character throughout. Mr. Kwon (my first name!) was extremely helpful in planning all of our adventures while we stayed. Thank you again, Mr. Kwon!

• 6th Jul 2015

Incredibly helpful and friendly staff, as you can expect from a family-run hostel. Considering overall "motel-based" Gyeongju environment, this is one of the few safety islands for average backpackers. Don't expect anything fancy, facilities are basic (as you should expect in a hostel), but you'll find all the necessary for your days in the city, as well as a clean environment and a welcoming atmosphere.

• 24th May 2015

Older lady tried to give us a room which looked like it had already been slept in. Second room had a filthy floor, no towels or toilet paper, couldn't ask for anything as lady didn't speak enough English, had to find from other empty rooms. Bathroom had cup with toothpaste on rim, huge cracks in the corners , screws in wall and door to hang things on. Common kitchen disgusting. Old furniture in hallways. 81% rating was exageratedly overrated. Needs MAJOR overhaul, update and cleaning!

Mr Kwon is a fantastic host. He is friendly and goes out of his way to provide you with all the information required in order to have a great stay. This hostel itself is a relic of Gyeongju and famous among travellers of South Korea. Everything you need is provided here. The bus stop is a stones throw away, you are surrounded by a large supermarket and many restaurants and cafes. The downtown area as well as many famous historic sites is a very short walk away, as is a local market. Great stay!

Mr Kwon was a great host, he offered us loads of advice on where to go and what to see. Beds were comfortable and warm.

Convenient location and great price. The staff was extremely accommodating. I enjoyed my stay very much and will stay here again on my next visit.

• 30th Apr 2015

The manager speak english, very helpfull. No curtains at the window but bed very nice. Room and shower was clean. Lonely bad point, there is no kitchen just a small thing to "cook". But many restaurants and convenient stores around. 5min walk from the bus terminal, easy to find.

We stayed here in April. The hostel was freezing and after asking twice we were given heating pads, but mine didn't work so I had two very cold nights! Also one of our beds broke while we were there! The owner is lovely and speaks very good English- this and the location are the saving graces of this hotel. I thought it was quite expensive given that breakfast was not included and would advise people to look for somewhere else as our stay was not very pleasant at all.

• 10th Apr 2015

Old building with poor facilities. No lockers, no keys to doors provided. One of the guests helped me check-in. I guess the actual owner wasn't present during my one night stay. There were some old ladies at the reception, who didn't speak English. Poor common area. I have stayed in more than 20 hostels. This one may be the worst of all.

Great location. Mr Kwon was very pleasant and knowledgable. Will tell you all about what to see in the city and around it. Highly recommend.

The location was great, just near to the bus terminals and you can easily catch a bus to see the main sights outside of the city center. The single room I had was quite basic but the bed was super comfortable. The owner was really nice and gave a lot of useful tips about sightseeing.