7.6
Very Good 275 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 275 Total Reviews
Harbin Russia International Youth Hostel Located at No.21 Gong Bu Street, Daoli District, Harbin.
China
Harbin 150018 No.21 Gong Bu Street, Daoli District
76% 275
45.7694688 126.6098141
    Rooms available

19th Feb 2016
7.7

The rooms were warm and the showers were hot-- great for the cold winter! The staff were helpful in answering all my questions and helping me to arrange things. Location is good--within a short walking distance to a main street for food and shopping. Only negative: no toilet paper in the shared bathrooms.

15th Feb 2016

The best deal is the dorm room. It was cheap, clean, and convenient. I think installing curtains for each bed would go a long way though. On my final night I upgraded to the single room which was spacious and nice but had the worst wifi......if that was fixed it would be a perfect stay. Overall the best aspects of this hostel are the amazingly nice and helpful staff and the price.

• Mauritius, Male, 31-40
12th Feb 2016
4.3

Hotel staff was very rude and even started fighting and pointing fingers at me when i requested for a change in room for which i have paid but NOT provided on arrival. The mattress was very bad and bed sheets were not changed for 5 days. We were sleeping as if over springs. Staff not helpful when asking for advises for visiting attractions. Their English was very poor. NOT RECOMMENDED TO GO THERE! a budget hotel is more likely advisable.

• Madagascar, Female, 31-40
6th Feb 2016
7.7

I really enjoyed my stay there.The staff are very nice and helpful, they tried to make everyone feel at home. I met many people there and made new friends! I love cats and they have 2 adorable ones, i miss mine a lot and the lovely kitten just made my day,playing with me when i was alone, killing the hours before heading to the airport! I just think that the big one needs to take a bath,LOL. Anyway,the room was warm, water always hot, but the toilet needs to be checked very often. Thank you all!

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Feb 2016
4.3

We chose to stay at this hostel as it stated on Hostelworld that it offered 'free transfers to the Harbin Ice Festival'. No other hostels really offered this and we thought it was a great idea. When we asked at the hostel, they did not actually offer this at all and had lied. Not only this, when we asked therefore how to get to the ice festival, they were incredibly unhelpful. I found the staff rude and they didn't want to help us at all, the hostel was bad (no toilet roll, beds were awful).

• yunliu
  • China, Male, 25-30
2nd Feb 2016
7.1

The location is really good, close to most of the major attractions, but there are only a few restaurants nearby and I found a bbq restaurant quite good. The room is hot all day long and sometimes I even feel too hot. Note that this is not a YHA member as the name indicates, thus the qualities are not that high. For example, the room is sper small without any lockers inside, the furniture is as simple as it can be, and the bed is not comfy as well. Generally, this is a good place to live.

• Australia, Male, 41+
1st Feb 2016
5.4

The female on the desk was stuck up. She clearly hated offer ideas to us and possibly others. The room and bathroom was clean. The location was a taxi ride to locations. Across the main road is a great local restaurant who were very pleased to show us how to prepare a quasi bbq meal. The ice festival and Siberian Tiger park is the reason to travel to Harbin. Do those and leave.

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jan 2016
7.1

The hostel were very helpful as our flight was delayed, but they kept our room open so we could access it straight away. There isn't a free bus but the directions to the public bus are very helpful, also a taxi is only around 15RMB. There isn't any secure luggage storage and I lost a glove and when I went to reception the member of staff working at the time was very dismissive and didn't seem to care giving me no help whatsoever. They also have a couple of cats.

• Denmark, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2016

Dope location and wonderful atmosphere. Met many beautiful people during my stay. Great and helpful staff

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Jan 2016
8.0

Super friendly and helpful staff. Only downsides were poor internet connections and showers only on the first floor. Would definitely recommend and stay again!