Harbin Russia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.21 Gong Bu Street, Daoli District, Harbin, China

Very nice english speaking Staff. Gave us a lot of tips, how to visit the ice world on the best way. I would sleep again here.

• 24th Jan 2015

There is NOT a free shuttle like they advertise. The staff didn't even know how to tell us to get to the festival! They told us the wrong entry fees for parks and were generally confused about simple questions I would expect a hostel worker to know (such as where we could find food - they had no idea).

The hostel was nice and relaxing. We stayed one night in a private to check out the ice festival. This is a quiet hostel not really the party type. The staff was friendly and helpful and one speaks good English!

The staff was very unfriendly. One girl was just plane rude whithout any reason. The kitchen was closed for winter, even though winter is high season for Harbin, there was a coffee machine but no coffee, no breakfast, no way of making breakfast, hot water but no tea, ... you get the picture. Our room was a sauna and no way to adjust the temperature, the windows were taped shut. The smoke alarm's batteries were dead and it kept beeping for my whole stay, every minute a beep even during the night.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

The hostel was clean and in a good location. Although staff were by no means rude they were not overtly friendly and when I asked if they would order us a taxi they did not help us.

Excellent location and excellent staff. Only trouble was the lack of storage facilities. It is a great place though, excellent location and it honestly feels like you're in a European hotel. Excellent hostel.

There wasn't a room for us to lock our luggage in (we showed up early in the morning and couldn't check in until 2 p.m.). I was fine with leaving my bag in the entryway where the staff has their check-in desk, but I didn't feel like there was any special surveillance to protect my baggage -- I just took everything valuable with me. We had a private room with bathroom, and it was comfortable and clean! Staff was also very nice and helpful with restaurant recommendations.

The sheets on the beds weren't changed between guests. There were hairs all over my bed from the previous tenant. They also have a cat and I saw a dog inside the hostel hat are free to roam. Thank goodness I like pets, however I wasn't preparing for the cat and my allergies were terrible.

Our clean lady will change the sheets when the guys check-out to make sure when someone else check-in the sheets is clean If you have problem you should to tell to the receptionist ,they will help you . For the dog ,she is live in our staff room in order to influence the customer who live in our hostel .

Well-located, friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean, and there's a cute cat:) Only downside: No lockers in the rooms.

Lovely staff, who helped us learn some chinese. Thanks!