Harbin Russia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.21 Gong Bu Street, Daoli District, Harbin, China

I really enjoyed my stay there.The staff are very nice and helpful, they tried to make everyone feel at home. I met many people there and made new friends! I love cats and they have 2 adorable ones, i miss mine a lot and the lovely kitten just made my day,playing with me when i was alone, killing the hours before heading to the airport! I just think that the big one needs to take a bath,LOL. Anyway,the room was warm, water always hot, but the toilet needs to be checked very often. Thank you all!

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Madagascar

We chose to stay at this hostel as it stated on Hostelworld that it offered 'free transfers to the Harbin Ice Festival'. No other hostels really offered this and we thought it was a great idea. When we asked at the hostel, they did not actually offer this at all and had lied. Not only this, when we asked therefore how to get to the ice festival, they were incredibly unhelpful. I found the staff rude and they didn't want to help us at all, the hostel was bad (no toilet roll, beds were awful).

The location is really good, close to most of the major attractions, but there are only a few restaurants nearby and I found a bbq restaurant quite good. The room is hot all day long and sometimes I even feel too hot. Note that this is not a YHA member as the name indicates, thus the qualities are not that high. For example, the room is sper small without any lockers inside, the furniture is as simple as it can be, and the bed is not comfy as well. Generally, this is a good place to live.

The female on the desk was stuck up. She clearly hated offer ideas to us and possibly others. The room and bathroom was clean. The location was a taxi ride to locations. Across the main road is a great local restaurant who were very pleased to show us how to prepare a quasi bbq meal. The ice festival and Siberian Tiger park is the reason to travel to Harbin. Do those and leave.

The hostel were very helpful as our flight was delayed, but they kept our room open so we could access it straight away. There isn't a free bus but the directions to the public bus are very helpful, also a taxi is only around 15RMB. There isn't any secure luggage storage and I lost a glove and when I went to reception the member of staff working at the time was very dismissive and didn't seem to care giving me no help whatsoever. They also have a couple of cats.

• 25th Jan 2016

Dope location and wonderful atmosphere. Met many beautiful people during my stay. Great and helpful staff

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Super friendly and helpful staff. Only downsides were poor internet connections and showers only on the first floor. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

Staff were helpful and the location is very central so it was really easy to get to places. The 4 person dorm was really small and the beds didn't have proper mattresses so were very uncomfortable.

If you need a place to stay that is central this place will do. Note that there is a cat living on the first floor and they don't sweep under the beds between guests. There are some resources such as maps and lonely planet books available for viewing in the lobby only (with the cat). Most maps are attached to the desks by a string so you don't take them away. The walls have drawings of roads and info in English and Chinese, which I think the receptionist would rather you look at than ask her.

Our stay at the hotel was pleasant. We stayed in a twin bed room. We had a bathroom in our room. The room was warm and we had hot water. The beds were a bit stiff and the showers had no curtain so it could get reallt wet. Overall, the staff was nice and helpful. I would stay there again.

• 19th Jan 2016

Nice hotel in an ok location. Rooms were boiling hot as the hostel has underground heating but I think I would prefer that to a room similar to the freezing cold temperatures outside.

• 18th Jan 2016

A nice way to view Harbin. Bus route leaves from right across the road and hostel is surrounded by shops and restaurants. A 15min walk to central street and it's easy to catch a taxi to g and visit other attractions

The hostel was definitely one of the hostel i have ever stayed. The environment was pretty lovely. Hot water 24 hours and the wifi was very strong that i could even connect to the vpn. The room was comfortable except that the beds were quite old. But so far everything went well. Btw the location was very strategic. I would say i really did enjoy my stay here. Thank you.

A great little hostel located about 10 mins walk from the main shopping street. The staff are knowledgable about transportation to and from tourist spots and were very polite. Communal are was good and the two resident cats made it feel even more homely. Twin room was excellent, spacious, warm and good bathroom. Highly recommended.

It is an ok hostel. Nothing to be wow or beurk about either. Sayed in the 6 bed dorms, except from the beds made in a metal frame which made a lot of noise whenever someone moved my only complaint would be about the cleaning ladies that came to the room and started cleaning at 8 something in the morning while 2 people were sleeping. Oh and be mindeful that when you're buying beer at the hostel, the price double depending on who is selling it...! Free shuttle to the ice &snow festival is not true

The rooms are low quality the beds are rocks and hard to sleep on & the bathrooms are bad. The staff don't clean them each room gets cleaned every 3 days. This means you get no toilet paper and no one empties your toilet bin. Considering you can't flush toilet paper in china this is unhygienic and disgusting. The location was good very close to central street. The heating was good too, however sometimes it was far too warm and you cannot control it as it comes through the floor.

great location, very warm inside, cute cats, some of the staff was friendlier than others but ok all in all, had to buy the toilet paper but big and clean rooms, no shutlle to the ice festival as indicated on the website

All was good. The rooms were over heated. The check-in was slow, The staff took 30 minutes only to give us keys :(

We were here to go to the Ice Festival. The room was very hot and stuffy at times and we had no way of controlling the temperature. While this was good after being in the cold all day, the room was almost unbearable at night while we slept. The hostel staff were not very helpful. We asked about activities and places to go and they were unable (or unwilling) to help. When asked for a map they handed us a tiny map on the back of a business card that obviously didn't give us a lot of information.

The hostel was great! Plenty of advice from the staff and help when ordering taxis. The hostel was warm which was good since it was so cold outside. We came in late at night which wasn't a problem for the staff. The rooms are a little cramped. Showers are warm and hot!