Harbin Russia International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.21 Gong Bu Street, Daoli District, Harbin, China

I stayed at the hostel during the ice sculpture festival and followed the good describtion from the train station by bus 21 to the hostel. When I arrived my twin room was ready so that I could check in. The english speaking staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was good. Even if the bathroom smells from time to time I would stay there again! Great plus: the location in walking distance to the river and the downtown sights!

I had a great stay! The hostel is really close to the center and there's a big sign outside with the name in Chinese, you can't miss it. It was very warm inside, both in the dorm and in the common room, despite the freezing cold weather of Harbin. The staff were really sweet and the atmosphere was very nice. I will miss the adorable pug and the extremely fat cat :))

The hostel is in a great location in easy walking distance to Harbin's main pedestrian street . The common spaces are well furnished and quite comfortable. The 6-person dorm rooms are clean but rather cramped.

Good atmosphere. Just toilet need to be changed to reduce the foul smell.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Mauritius

A very, very basic hostel. No breakfast or food provided like most hostels have, not even drinks! Just hot or cold drinking water. Only really offers information for public bus travelling or walking. Taxis can be hard to find and perhaps a taxi/private car hire would be useful for some tourists who want to travel with little stress.

Very Nice Hostel, and the owners are really helpfull. I needed to go to hospital and they helped me to find an international doctor and called a taxi for me. I recomend Russia Hostel ! We are french and speak in english with them, no problem for communication.

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Unfortunately the beds in our private room were very uncomfortable, with springs poking into our backs, and the water pressure in the shower was extremely low.

They did not give us a warm welcome, but were nice to us. Rooms were very good, warm, big and comfortable. The staff seemed to not speak a good english but helped us as they could. The location is fine, close to both park and railway.

Very nice english speaking Staff. Gave us a lot of tips, how to visit the ice world on the best way. I would sleep again here.

• 24th Jan 2015

There is NOT a free shuttle like they advertise. The staff didn't even know how to tell us to get to the festival! They told us the wrong entry fees for parks and were generally confused about simple questions I would expect a hostel worker to know (such as where we could find food - they had no idea).

The hostel was nice and relaxing. We stayed one night in a private to check out the ice festival. This is a quiet hostel not really the party type. The staff was friendly and helpful and one speaks good English!

I stayed here for the International Ice Festival and had a wonderful experience. The facilities and rooms were all clean and well-maintained, the location was right next to the main tourist streets, but most importantly, the staff was incredible friendly and helpful regarding any aspect of travel. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Harbin!

• 20th Jan 2015

The best parts of the hostel were the friendly staff, and the heated floor. Our warm room was a godsend after being out in -20 degrees all day!! Bed was quite comfortable, but our ' ensuite' was only separated from the rest of the room by a plastic screen and so the whole room smelt very damp. Toilet got dirty easily and did not provide toilet brush. Staff seem lively and spoke English but common room was gloomy. Hard to find as you must walk from bus stop and no lights at night, often lost way

• 20th Jan 2015

The staff was very unfriendly. One girl was just plane rude whithout any reason. The kitchen was closed for winter, even though winter is high season for Harbin, there was a coffee machine but no coffee, no breakfast, no way of making breakfast, hot water but no tea, ... you get the picture. Our room was a sauna and no way to adjust the temperature, the windows were taped shut. The smoke alarm's batteries were dead and it kept beeping for my whole stay, every minute a beep even during the night.

We don’t choose the self-catering kitchen and breakfast service on the HostolWorld and it is easy to get breakfast just walking two minute around our hostel. Coffee is served but not free, if you take the coffee bane with you can use the machine free. The heating system is central-heating, control by government, the office think the temperature is reasonable for the cold winter in Harbin. After we get the review we have already check the smoke alarm, and make sure it works on the rails .

The hostel was clean and in a good location. Although staff were by no means rude they were not overtly friendly and when I asked if they would order us a taxi they did not help us.

Excellent location and excellent staff. Only trouble was the lack of storage facilities. It is a great place though, excellent location and it honestly feels like you're in a European hotel. Excellent hostel.

There wasn't a room for us to lock our luggage in (we showed up early in the morning and couldn't check in until 2 p.m.). I was fine with leaving my bag in the entryway where the staff has their check-in desk, but I didn't feel like there was any special surveillance to protect my baggage -- I just took everything valuable with me. We had a private room with bathroom, and it was comfortable and clean! Staff was also very nice and helpful with restaurant recommendations.

The sheets on the beds weren't changed between guests. There were hairs all over my bed from the previous tenant. They also have a cat and I saw a dog inside the hostel hat are free to roam. Thank goodness I like pets, however I wasn't preparing for the cat and my allergies were terrible.

Our clean lady will change the sheets when the guys check-out to make sure when someone else check-in the sheets is clean If you have problem you should to tell to the receptionist ,they will help you . For the dog ,she is live in our staff room in order to influence the customer who live in our hostel .

Well-located, friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean, and there's a cute cat:) Only downside: No lockers in the rooms.

Lovely staff, who helped us learn some chinese. Thanks!