Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

I didn't feel safe or comfortable here. Someone checked in to my room around 2 in the morning, made the bed and everything, and then unmade it and packed out at 7:15. An unexpected roommate was a little unnerving, not to say annoying. Had one friendly staff member, and one shouter. The shower was quite disgusting-- water turns on for 5 seconds at a time but still managed to pool in the bottom of the dirty shower. Bathrooms confusing, inefficiently locked, and poorly marked. Not worth the money.

This was our first hostel experience. The facilities were very clean. Beds were comfy. Staff could have been more helpful. Location was good. Nearby to train and tourist sites. Beer was £1.80 a glass. Atmosphere is what you make it!!! Facility was safe. Lockers available. £4 breakfast- better to buy else where- cheaper and more variety!! Overall great experience- highly recommend and we would stay again!!

Great hostel, cool location, awesome people. I really enjoyed my stay there, my 5 bed dorm was nice and clean, comfy beds. Clean bathrooms but only 4/floor? Downstairs there is a bar and a smoking room, which is super if you are a smoker and you don't want to stand outside in the cold. special thanks to the staff

Great stop, so easy to get around. Beds are super comfy and the bathrooms are great, super short timer thought which makes showering a mission. 4 euro breakfast has a great selection, bar was great and the staff were super helpful and friendly.

I loved this hostel. It was a really quick walk to everything. Staff were helpful and friendly. It was very clean. I liked that coffee and tea was free. Alcohol was fair priced. They have lockers in the dorms. Really good atmosphere in the lobby/bar. Everyone there is outgoing and friendly. But it's not a loud party hostel either. But you will still have a great time regardless. They even have a guitar they let you play and they let you make music requests. I would happily go here again

The hostel is close to public transport and you can walk to many of the sites in town. It's next to several other hostels and there are plenty of dining options nearby. The staff at this hostel were extremely friendly and helpful. The lockers are large, but you'll need to bring your own lock (or rent one at the front desk). The hostel bar is great and is where everyone gathers each evening. The drinks are cheap, which is a plus. Only one bathroom near me, but otherwise a great experience!

good stay. large hostel, they know what they're doing, and do it well. free tea all day is appreciated. Secure your stuff. They do attract large group of young ones who kicks the volume up to 'extreme', can feel a high-school. lots of planned activities, good for a short stay. no cooking. wifi is good. Recommend

All okay, bit expensive for what you got, WLAN wasn't working in rooms, and not always in Lobby either. Outside in the courtyard it was excellent though.

Has a bar, so don't bring your own alcohol. The whole place was under construction while I was there which was a little off putting. My room had windows floor to ceiling and no a/c, so the room was a sauna during the day. Decent location, I was able to walk to everywhere I needed to go. No wifi in the rooms at all, I had to sit in the lobby/bar to get any internet connection.

A great hostel, very clean room and wash room, a nice and cheap breakfast in the morning. Certainly recommend it

I had a problem with my reservation but Peter from staff did everything possible to make me feel satisfied and compensated. Highly recommend this hostel. Superdorm with 12 beds is very big, clean and a lot of space that makes you feel very comfortable. Also very good shower inside this room. The location is very central Berlin, walking distance from almost everywhere. Thanks all staff!

We stayed in the mega dorm and it was always really clean and not as noisey as you expect. It would be nice if they fixed the broken lockers though.

Really nice hostel in a great location. Big lockers, a great bar and outdoor area, free towels. We stayed in the mega dorm which is actually split into two rooms, so there's around 20 beds in each. It IS a lot of people but generally people were considerate and the only problem I had, as always, was people snoring #dormproblems The bathroom was always clean, there weren't many toilets and showers for the amount of people but we didn't ever have to queue...

Good hostel. Everything i needed and right close To the metro and the Main station

Great location! Easy to walk anywhere. Big hostel, lots of people, so fun atmosphere that way, with a nice bar and garden common areas downstairs. The kitchen is small and tucked way up on the top floor, like they don't actually expect people to use it, but overall, good hostel.

This is a good place to go if you are looking for a cheap stay in a location close to the main town. I found the hostel was secure and welcoming due to its safety compartments and its friendly staff. I was mostly annoyed by the cleaning staff who stripped my bed on three different ocassions, giving newcomers the idea that I was no longer staying at the youth hostel. I was also annoyed by the noise because I heard loud music, a lot of shouting and multiple orgasms at 3.00am each morning.

• 15th Sep 2015

Great location. Awful security. I met someone whose passport and handbag had been stolen in the reception

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. Great atmosphere and facilities, and the mega dorm wa actually one of the quietest dorms I've ever slept in. The bar and courtyard had a nice social atmosphere. There is actually a kitchen, though it's not listed on this profile. We almost didn't book here as we weren't sure. The only negative was the wifi was a bit slow and didn't reach our room in the mega dorm.

Perfect location, not very quiet at night, staff are very helpful, room is small

The location of the hostel is extremely convenient, within walking distance to the Museum Island attractions and the Hackescher Market, as well as one block from both the S and U Hahn stations for further journeys. The staff were very helpful and attentive and friendly, I would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7