Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

It was a nice stay! I really enoyed the time there and it was very good that they provide you towels for free. I would visit that hostel again for sure!

I recommend for short stays in Berlin. Really great location and helpful international stuff.

perhaps the best hostel i´ve ever been!

Awesome staff. Could be cleaner, decent place to stay. But wifi is really bad. Perhaps one of the worse.

Loved that locks and hairdryers can be rented for free. Room was clean, and I got a free upgrade to an ensuite 8-bed dorm, which was definitely a plus. Coffee and tea were provided free all day! My only grouse was the really bad wifi, which caused me to waste quite a lot of time waiting for the pages to load. Tip: Use the alternative wifi network close to the toilet.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

The wifi was slow and only available in limited places. Security is good, but of you're staying in the mega dorm you definitely need to lock up your stuff (they provide free lockers and locks)

• 7th Nov 2014

Our room was right next to the entrance to the floor so every time the outside door opened it would open ours as well even if it was locked. Have to recharge the kitchen card each morning, which the staff forgot to tell us, when I went to recharge it I had to wait 10 minutes while one person was checked in despite there being other staff around. Most staff were incompetent but there was a few who went above and beyond. The wifi is super unreliable and cuts out/doesn't reach the rooms

We got a twin room with a shower and were surprised to find the shower in the middle of the room without any privacy. It worked out because we had a communal shower across the hall which we used, but I wouldn't recommend getting a twin room with a shower.

The neighborhood is not very interesting at night, but it is super easy to get anywhere with both S and U-bahn five minutes away. Close by museuminsel which has some amazing museums worth a look! Clean bathrooms and bedrooms. Not much character, but good value for your money :)

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Norway

Wifi in lobby is very weak.

It's a perfect way to know Berlin. Very near to the Tram station.

a wonderful hostel, very friendly staff who are very accomodating and helpful. it was such a bonus for there to be unlimited tea and coffee all day. big dorms, highly recommend!

The big kitchen should be easily accessible, without having to ask for another key!

• 24th Oct 2014

Excelent place, the room was very big and comfortable bed, very clean, there is a big bar in reception with pool table, beer garden etc, very good place if you want to know new people. The only problem was the Wifi.

Free coffee all day!a bonus!

Ok place to stay, chilled place to stay as wi-fi only works in the common room and is very weak at peak times. meaning everyone is down. Bars are a taxi ride away. great free walking tour - highly recommend. museums were good to visit aswell. free tea n coffee all day which was handy. breakfast was just cold cuts.

Can't beat this place for value for money - better than hostels twice the price.

It's a hostel

everything really good except WiFi could be a lot better

• 14th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

If you plan on using wifi while here, then good luck as it really doesn't work well at all. As a solo traveler I found it hard to meet people in the lounge. This is probably because the bar/lounge area is the only place you can maybe get wifi so everyone is looking at their devices. Other than that this was a fine hostel and I enjoyed my stay. I liked how close it was to the main rail station. Word to the wise though, beware of the German rail strikes hat have been going on.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6