Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Good atmosphere and breakfast is really worth it. Wasn't really able to sleep due to people in my room, a drunk guy came in by 4am and was really noisy, though I wouldn't blame the hostel for it. Other than that all was good: breakfast, clean bathrooms, good atmosphere.

• 10th Feb 2016

Very nice hostel. The reception coupled with bar and chilling space was awesome. Great staff, very helpful and friendly. Nice facilities, nice bed and bathrooms. Would definitely stay there again!

We only made the booking that morning of arriving at the hostel and everything was prepared for us. A very clean hostel with everything that you need and is in perfect location in relation to exploring the city!

Great hostel, only complaint is that it was very noisy during the middle of the night. Made sleeping difficult.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Nice hostel

Everything perfect besides the broken elevator!

Me and my friend stayed for 3 nights at the hostel. We were both very happy about it. The rooms and bathrooms are big and clean and the staff was really friendly. Also there is a nice bar where you can drink free coffee and thee. Also the location was really good! I really recommend this hostel if you're with a small group or just with a friend. But I don't think it's the best hostel for a solo traveler because meeting people wasn't so easy..

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

My dorm smelt like the feet of a true backpacker. Sweaty with a mix of a salty excrement. It lasted the duration of my stay, sticking to the air. My futile attempts to alleviate the stagnant odour possessing the room like a glorified fart, proved to no avail. Deodorant didn't work. Air freshener failed. Eventually I was forced to leave, fearing for the wellbeing of my naval cavity. I booked a flight away, praying that the smell wasn't of my own creation. It wasn't. Fin.

Breakfast is overpriced. Room was 41 beds with no bag lockers which would have helped. Hard to get a good nights sleep in mega dorm but the atmosphere is also quite anti social. But great location

Satisfied with my stay at the hostel. I stay 3 nights in a 4 persone room and one at the mega dorm which was better than i expected. Really good breakfast, and nice price. Kinda annoying the thing with the deposit to get a card for the kitchen

The hostel's bar has an awesome alternative mood, the kind of place I like to go to whenever I go out with my friends. It also promotes people to talk to each other and the staff is very friendly and welcoming. Loved the rooms with big lockers and the shower is really good (temperature/pressure are nice and you don't have the economic yet annoying push for water system -yay!). It also has a good breakfast for 4 euros and is close to several eating/drinking spots (to the right for everything, to

the small shower in the mega dorm gets water near the door and than gets dirty from shoe prints during the day but, apart from that, this is THE BEST HOSTEL EVER!

Would highly recommend this hostel! Very close (10 min walk) to a main station that will get you anywhere, next to several bars and restaurants, in a safe part of town. Fantastic atmosphere and bar, we got free breakfast every morning we were there. Very helpful and friendly staff. Will certainly be returning!

• 20th Jan 2016

Great Hostel, Fun and social. Good size rooms. Great Breakfast.

The hostel in general was good, they provide the guest towel, the breakfast is really good, in general staff are polite and helpful, but they need to serve as well so sometimes they quite rush to explain the general doubts, but it's ok, rooms and bathrooms are average clean, good atmosphere there! One thing that the hostel should improve is the illumination in the stairs which goes to second floor(there's no illumination), however in general I would recommend this hostel.

Lift not working. Kitchen really dirty(place and stuff), poor of equipment and on the 5th floor. Staff really unprepared, we had several problems that they did not explained us properly. We had several problems with our cards(the one from the kitchen and those from the room). Imagine how good it is to go up to the 5th floor by stairs and when you get there realize that the card is not working and you have to go down and them up again by stairs(and we had just re-validated the card)

I really like this hostel, it has nice atmosphere, cheap drinks and it's super close to Friedrichstrasse. The only critisism would be squeeky beds and the heating was making weird noise.

A really nice hostel to explore berlin?

Cheap and easy to reach from Airport, also walking distance away from main sites in Berlin. Lots of good, cheap restaurants nearby. Really friendly and helpful staff, laid back atmosphere and good social area.

• 11th Jan 2016

it is a comparably large-scale hostel. the atmosphere is good. they open a bar for communication downstairs. and the bathroom and toilet is clean. they offer free coffee and hot water.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7