Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Great location. Well priced for Berlin. Has a bar which is relatively cheap. Good for meeting people here. Helpful staff. They have tours and lockers and free tea and coffee. Would stay again!

Good hostel - nice bar that stays open late with pretty cheap drinks! Just a couple of minutes from Friedrichstrasse station - all round a pretty great place to stay!!

good place to stay

It was amazing here. Their directions to the hostel were spot on and the staff was very friendly. I don't think the breakfast is worth the 4€ but if you're in a bind it's great. The staff was so friendly and always willing to fill a water bottle and the people staying there were great. I stayed in the mega dorm and it was really nice. Only bummer was there were not a lot of outlets in mine and they are on strip by the desks so I wasn't comfortable leaving it there over night. Highly recommend!

• 26th Aug 2015

Wifi only works in lounge area not In bedrooms. Also, we were only told about the kitchen on our second last night. Otherwise it was good place to stay.

• 25th Aug 2015

Very central location. Easy to meet other travelers, even if you are solo. Friendly staff. Clean rooms.

Really nice hostel, staff were very helpful. Atmosphere was great as bar downstairs gave opportunity to meet everyone. Bathrooms were excellent, great showers. Spacious room with comfy beds. Lockers were only big enough for valuables and require a large padlock to work. Baggage storage was not large enough for our bags so we had to keep them behind the bar but had no troubles with this. Would really recommend this hostel!

Fantastic location. Good location, not recommended if you're a backpacker Travelling alone looking for somewhere with a bit of atmosphere. Staff are friendly and rooms are good.

Really lovely hostel, very friendly staff. Breakfast fantastic, rooms comfy, good vibe, good location. Didn't realize there was a kitchen until last night and then only realized later that needed another keycard to access but didn't bother us Brilliant theme, maybe couple more wee nods to Arthur Dent and co? 😊

Staff were friendly & accomodating. Bathrooms were not always pleasant but that was moreso because of messy rude guests than lack of regular cleaning. Too bad it is residential building because they have an amazing outside patio that cannot be used after 10pm, instead everyone crowds inside which can result in some pretty sauna-like conditions on a hot night. Overall an enjoyable stay in a cute hostel with friendly staff, convenient access to transit and walking distance from main attractions.

• 21st Aug 2015

great location and rooms :)

I've stayed here twice and will likely stay here again, good location and friendly staff.

An awesome hostel with great facilities and a cool atmosphere. Great for solo travellers and really helpful staff! Only annoying thing is that the wifi only works downstairs but other than that I had an awesome stay. Will definitely be back next time I go to Berlin :)

Overall good experience, good value breakfast available, staff happy to fill water bottles

our stay here was wonderful, large facility and good vibes all around. Would definitely recommend to a friend

Nice hostel, good bar. Rooms are spacious but hot (this is normal though). Good location. There did seem to be plumbing issues but they were resolved quickly. Good for solo travellers, I met lovely people in my dorm and had good nights out. Breakfast isn't much for 4€, I've had better for free but there's tea and coffee all the time which is nice :)

The place is huge, with great facilities and feels like new. Staff was friendly and helpful, was only there for 1 night but facilities seemed ok, lockers inside the room, nice terrace and bar downstairs, clean room, sheets and comfortable bed. The bathrooms and showers when I arrived were not super clean, around check-in time, but at night when I came back they were almost spotless, which means people is aware and caring for the place throughout the day. Would definitely stay here again.

This hostel is totally amazing! It's clean, easy to find and the bar is awesome. The wifi is fantastic throughout so there is no problem booking trips and researching. We met such great people and made some lovely friends there. It was the only hostel which we have stayed at throughout our Europe trip where we felt an incredible atmosphere. Thank you. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone! Xx

Really nice staff. Goog breakfest, cost only 4e extra. a lot of safetybox. Only bed was little bit bad.

Great hostel for meeting other young travellers, in fact I travelled alone and found many cool people to go out with and drink on the street. The location is really good, 2 minutes walk from Metro and 10 mins from Franchenstein main station. Rooms are spacious but need more power outlets, and bathrooms do not allow enough space to get changed and require ventilation, as you cannot dry properly. Some of the staff seemed bored and disinterested to work there too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7