Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

It is really a amazing Hostel, with a really great location and a organized - but not boring, instead cool - hostel :) It is also not like cheap hostel with thin paper walls and so... good shower, fair enough they leave cafe and water for guests, fair price for breakfast. So it is a good choice :)

The Hostel itself is too big, too many rooms and guests and not enough toilets and bathrooms to accommodate everyone! Staff was not very friendly, but maybe the reason is too many guests and rooms that they need to take care of! Beds are squeaky and tiniest movement (your and/or roommates) will wake you up! Location is perfect and price is ok, but next time I'll look for another hostel in Berlin

Need more coffee. Still the best hostel I've stayed at in my 3 months of travel in Europe.

• 22nd Mar 2015

the staff wasnt good at fostering a nice atmosphere but it was nice and a good deal for the money

My friend and I had a very nice stay here. It was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go, the bathrooms had a really nice set up, and I actually liked making my own bed with the provided sheets. Free locks for the lockers and free towel rentals.Not to mention free coffee/tea all day. Can't really go wrong with that. All in all, I would certainly recommend it!

It's worth of the value, and friendly staff, good location, esp the Terrace is just awesome!

I stayed in 42 bed mixed dome. And it's absolutely worth your money.

Didn't stay long, very clean, bright nice place, friendly and helpful staff. Didn't see too many people hanging out in the lobby, probably since I was there at the wrong times of the day. Metal lockers in the dorms.

Nice stay but a little weird. Not weird in a creepy way just a strange place. It's alien theme and strange music really tampers with the atmosphere. We stayed in the mega dorm which wasn't bad and it was pretty clean. The lockers were bad which made us nervous about leaving our valuables but they have more hi-tech lockers for rent in the lobby. They have a lot of strange rules but they don't enforce them. Decent stay for the price.

Staff was nice and helpful. We were sleeping in a room on first floor and our problem was showering, event though it was nice and clean, there was 1 toilet, shower and sink per several rooms (6/5 bed rooms). There were 2 additional toilet/shower rooms, but also 8 more rooms. Also a lot of young people were there, very drunk and very loud on several nights and early mornings.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

I really liked my time in this hostel. The location is great. facilities also very good. friendly staff and great atmosfere. would come back for sure.

Good location. The old man behind the desk (I don't remember his name) should learn how to smile and be friendly and helpful. He was totally the opposite.

The roommates were super nice! We talked over breakfast, which is €4. This experience was unforgettable :)

Atmosphere really makes the entire experience of a hostel that much better. There is nothing to really complain about, but there wasn't anything to rave about either. The beds are clean and it's a decent location to get where you want to go.

Very awesome hostel. Clean bathroom and good position. Everything is perfect to us. I would recommend to all friends!

Ervery thing is good

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • China

It was okay, the staffs were really nice, but otherwise don't expect to stay in the best hostel in Berlin.

Great. Free coffee +++

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Finland

Awesome hostel! Would recommend to all friends!

They were very accomadating when I booked the room for the wrong dates, they switched my reservation without a problem! the bathrooms also looked recently renovated and were very clean

• 26th Feb 2015