Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Pretty good They should have wifi in the rooms cause they have these parties in the common area and it´s kind of dificult to use internet in the midle of a party...

This was a great place to stay. It was clean, fun, had nice bathrooms, and the location was perfect for us. Definitely felt safe and comfortable here.

I think people would make a good choice if booking in this hostel. It's very close to every point to the city. You can enjoy Berlin outside and inside. You will be always welcome to grab a beer, talk to people and enjoy Berlin as you wanted. This hostel is very close to public transport, tourist points and great places for beers or meeting people. Highly recommended.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Spain

It's a great hostel, with cool atmposphere, different common areas to stay, clean and confortable, with very good price (at least the "mega dorm" of 20 people) and just 15 minutes walking from Bradenburg Tor or Alexander Platz. I was 3 nights with a friend, and we enjoy it a lot!

Cool happening place. Great central location with tube facilities on the doorstep as well as nice eateries. Minutes walk down friedrichstrasse for shops and unter der linden towards the Brandenburg gate. Staff no problem. Wifi handy. Rooms and bathrooms clean. Beds good. Good place for a week in Berlin!

Good location, clean and tidy rooms, nice atmosphere. I recommend other travellers :)

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Everything is perfect in that hostel! People are awesome, staff is great, the bar is amazing! There is people drinking and hanging out every day. Location, the city, the megadorm... Nothing to complain! :) (only minor thing is the wifi that is not so good and there is no plugs near the beds, but, travel is about meeting people and not keep starring your iPhone).

We really enjoyed our stay in the "Heart of Gold Hostel". But the kitchen is a bit small and has not much space for many people. I usually like cooking in Hostel-Kitchens as its a good way to socialise and meet people. That was the only thing we kind of disliked. But other then that everything was awesome. The staff was very friendly.

• 31st Mar 2015

Very nice place to live

Really impressed with the hostel. Great value for money. Very clean and excellent location. 10 min walk to all major attractions. Will stay again when in Berlin.

It is really a amazing Hostel, with a really great location and a organized - but not boring, instead cool - hostel :) It is also not like cheap hostel with thin paper walls and so... good shower, fair enough they leave cafe and water for guests, fair price for breakfast. So it is a good choice :)

The Hostel itself is too big, too many rooms and guests and not enough toilets and bathrooms to accommodate everyone! Staff was not very friendly, but maybe the reason is too many guests and rooms that they need to take care of! Beds are squeaky and tiniest movement (your and/or roommates) will wake you up! Location is perfect and price is ok, but next time I'll look for another hostel in Berlin

Decent stay. Great location! Good common area to hang out, meet people, and not disturb those in the rooms sleeping!

Need more coffee. Still the best hostel I've stayed at in my 3 months of travel in Europe.

• 22nd Mar 2015

the staff wasnt good at fostering a nice atmosphere but it was nice and a good deal for the money

My friend and I had a very nice stay here. It was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go, the bathrooms had a really nice set up, and I actually liked making my own bed with the provided sheets. Free locks for the lockers and free towel rentals.Not to mention free coffee/tea all day. Can't really go wrong with that. All in all, I would certainly recommend it!

It's worth of the value, and friendly staff, good location, esp the Terrace is just awesome!

I stayed in 42 bed mixed dome. And it's absolutely worth your money.

Didn't stay long, very clean, bright nice place, friendly and helpful staff. Didn't see too many people hanging out in the lobby, probably since I was there at the wrong times of the day. Metal lockers in the dorms.

Nice stay but a little weird. Not weird in a creepy way just a strange place. It's alien theme and strange music really tampers with the atmosphere. We stayed in the mega dorm which wasn't bad and it was pretty clean. The lockers were bad which made us nervous about leaving our valuables but they have more hi-tech lockers for rent in the lobby. They have a lot of strange rules but they don't enforce them. Decent stay for the price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5