Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Heart of Gold was a great hostel. I had such a blast in Berlin mainly because of the booming social environment that Heart of Gold provided. It was perfectly located in the center of the city. The breakfast was average, but nice if you're in a rush. Free coffee all day, definitely a plus! Very clean and very secure. The staff was very helpful. My only complaint was the slow wifi during times of high usage, but otherwise, it was a great hostel. Definitely recommend!

Great staff and clear to get you what you need even dealiing witih hundreds and hundreds of people at all hours, so be kind to them! Great facilities, clean modern in the heart of Berlin innercity. Walk to the river or to a music event or a great falafel around the corner. Meet fun peeps looking to have a good time and relax in a safe comfy bed in a high end modern facility with proper kitchen and fridge and even a fridge outside the kitchen after it looks down to protect your food from party pe

I ended up having a good time at heart of gold- the staff were helpful when I needed them, if not particularly warm, and although it was on the hotel side of the hostel scale, it was still a good place to stay. A kitchen would have been a big benefit!

Rooms were rather larges and clears, not much good to sleep.

Everything was perfect except for the large corridors which function as a noise amplifier. Other than that, very nice hostel!

• 28th Mar 2014

They tried to charge more money than what was agreed on reservation. Never apologized for the mistake. The room was dirty, full of garbage (papers, hairs, gum, etc.) and dust from previous guests. If you have asthma or dust allergies like me, you will have a hard time there. By the second day, they blocked our access to our PRIVATE room and rented it to another guest (yes, with all of our things inside). Never apologized or gave us a decent explanation for that. The worst hostel I've seen.

The internet was pretty shocking, but otherwise it was a really awesome place to stay, and i really enjoyed it.

Such a cool vibe at this hostel. Friendly staff, chill travelers and a great hang out space. Rooms are clean and the hostel was pretty quiet the few days we stayed, maybe because it was during the week, or maybe just the overall relaxed atmosphere. Centrally located and close to some cool bars and restaurants.

Excellent location and staff were friendly. Very clean hostel however I wasn't used to sleeping in a dorm with so many people, as people were going in and out all through the night. Only bad point was that 2 days before we arrived our room mate told us someone's laptop and phone got stolen from the locker but there is an option to leave your valuable at the reception.

There were no lokers available when i stayed there. I had to leave all my valuables in the dorm.

It was amazing! Everybody was extremely helpful and lovely. The neighborhood was very full of places to eat and have a drink and it was very near to the historical center of Berlin. I would totally recommend this place and certainly go back!

Hi guys ! You are just great ! The only thing which bothered us was not your fault, but your guest's fault who were extremely noisy late at night around 2 am while coming back passing our room on the first floor. They were not considerate to anyone at all on that floor. It was nearly the same like making a horrible noise inside our room for an hour. But maybe they were really very drunk. amies

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice free coffee and tea all day. Pity that the WiFi was lousy. The net gets overloaded all the time, Too many people for a not strong enough connection. Location is ideal, route-description also. You find the hostel easily.

Good stay overall. One of the members of staff (long hair) was a bit 'off' and didn't seem keen to help, but more interested in chilling out with his mates at the bar and drinking... The toilets could be kept a slight more eye on too, as at one point the loos ran out of loo paper, so I had to use the mens! But other than that, a good stay. Good value for money, secure and the breakfast was free on weekdays!!! The female staff and the blond guy and dark haired guy was really really helpful! x

So great!! The Location is unbeatable. The staff were also very helpful. we had a private room so security and cleanliness were good. our neighbors were very loud at night but otherwise a great hostel! we even got free breakfast even though they told us it would be 4 euro.

I stayed here for the weekend and loved it! The room was really cheap (half the price of most of the other hostels I looked at). The location is great and easy to find. I found the staff very helpful, the room clean, the atmosphere of the common room good, and the alcohol fairly priced in the bar. The only downside I would have about this place is the lack of towels, I asked multiple times and they just kept telling me to come back later. Apart from that I would happily recommend.

• 14th Feb 2014

Its a very good deal

Honestly have no complaints whatsoever! Seven of us stayed at the hostel for five nights and had the most amazing time - the hostel definitely enhanced our stay in this fantastic city. Would definitely recommend and go back if I returned to Berlin.

• 30th Jan 2014

Great Hostels Worth staying for 3 nights to get the free breakfast. Breakfast pretty good compared to most hostels. **Wifi was terrible though, barely ever worked. I like that they keep the hostel quiet at night, so we can sleep.

The staff were very helpful and very engaging. Some of the nicest staff i have experienced in a hostel. The beds/bedrooms were very comfortable we had a room to ourselves (8 of us) and the room was perfect. The location is also excellent, it was within walking distance for most of the main attractions.

• 24th Jan 2014