Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Very central location. Easy to meet other travelers, even if you are solo. Friendly staff. Clean rooms.

Fantastic location. Good location, not recommended if you're a backpacker Travelling alone looking for somewhere with a bit of atmosphere. Staff are friendly and rooms are good.

Really lovely hostel, very friendly staff. Breakfast fantastic, rooms comfy, good vibe, good location. Didn't realize there was a kitchen until last night and then only realized later that needed another keycard to access but didn't bother us Brilliant theme, maybe couple more wee nods to Arthur Dent and co? 😊

Staff were friendly & accomodating. Bathrooms were not always pleasant but that was moreso because of messy rude guests than lack of regular cleaning. Too bad it is residential building because they have an amazing outside patio that cannot be used after 10pm, instead everyone crowds inside which can result in some pretty sauna-like conditions on a hot night. Overall an enjoyable stay in a cute hostel with friendly staff, convenient access to transit and walking distance from main attractions.

• 21st Aug 2015

great location and rooms :)

I've stayed here twice and will likely stay here again, good location and friendly staff.

An awesome hostel with great facilities and a cool atmosphere. Great for solo travellers and really helpful staff! Only annoying thing is that the wifi only works downstairs but other than that I had an awesome stay. Will definitely be back next time I go to Berlin :)

Overall good experience, good value breakfast available, staff happy to fill water bottles

our stay here was wonderful, large facility and good vibes all around. Would definitely recommend to a friend

Nice hostel, good bar. Rooms are spacious but hot (this is normal though). Good location. There did seem to be plumbing issues but they were resolved quickly. Good for solo travellers, I met lovely people in my dorm and had good nights out. Breakfast isn't much for 4€, I've had better for free but there's tea and coffee all the time which is nice :)

The place is huge, with great facilities and feels like new. Staff was friendly and helpful, was only there for 1 night but facilities seemed ok, lockers inside the room, nice terrace and bar downstairs, clean room, sheets and comfortable bed. The bathrooms and showers when I arrived were not super clean, around check-in time, but at night when I came back they were almost spotless, which means people is aware and caring for the place throughout the day. Would definitely stay here again.

This hostel is totally amazing! It's clean, easy to find and the bar is awesome. The wifi is fantastic throughout so there is no problem booking trips and researching. We met such great people and made some lovely friends there. It was the only hostel which we have stayed at throughout our Europe trip where we felt an incredible atmosphere. Thank you. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone! Xx

Really nice staff. Goog breakfest, cost only 4e extra. a lot of safetybox. Only bed was little bit bad.

Great hostel for meeting other young travellers, in fact I travelled alone and found many cool people to go out with and drink on the street. The location is really good, 2 minutes walk from Metro and 10 mins from Franchenstein main station. Rooms are spacious but need more power outlets, and bathrooms do not allow enough space to get changed and require ventilation, as you cannot dry properly. Some of the staff seemed bored and disinterested to work there too.

I had allot of fun :)

Nice, clean, rooms which is not that easy to find when Hosteling, the fact that the bathrooms were private was good when looking for a bit of privacy which can be needed after staying some time with lots of people. All in all a good stay, would recommend.

I had the best time at this hostel of those I stayed in whilst interrailing alone through Europe. The atmosphere is great and it's really easy to meet people to go out with. My only regret is that I wish I'd stayed longer! If you're looking for somewhere fun with decent showers, look no further! It's quite expensive for what you get, but I'd say the atmosphere probably makes it worthwhile if that's what you're looking for!

Such a cute and friendly hostel. Staff were so helpful and answered all our queries and places to go/how to get there etc. Bar is cheap and cheerful also! Enjoyed my stay.

I'm an American backpacker who's been all over Europe, the USA, and southern Africa, usually on a shoestring budget. Heart of Gold is really centrally located and the staff are great. It's a giant hostel that caters to tourists. Everything was basically great, their Wifi was swell, staff were friendly, atmosphere is nifty, and the drinks were cheap. However, 1 major complaint: no A.C., in summer, 90F / 30C outside, with 40 people in one dormitory - hell no.

Great hostel to party in- cheap pub!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7