Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Ervery thing is good

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • China

It was okay, the staffs were really nice, but otherwise don't expect to stay in the best hostel in Berlin.

Awesome hostel! Would recommend to all friends!

I thought it was an excellent service. Great to have this facility available.

The lockers in the room did not work, maybe it is the design problem.....??? At the end of the 2nd floor, the male shower room is clean but smells really bad. I guess it is the water pipe line problem??

Easy to find. And I had a great time. Maybe the staff cleaning the rooms in the morning shouldn't blast music up loud every morning. Apart from that, I have nothing but good words to say. Thanks guys

welcoming staff,nice bar,rooms are okay...very big so miss the home atmosphere. location very good center to everything

Great location, nice bar in the lobby. Friendly staff. Good warm high pressure shower. Relatively flimsy sheets and bedding in the 6-man room.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel, nice bar, friendly staff, good location, comfiest beds ever!

• 16th Feb 2015

I had a wonderful stay in Berlin. It was great value for money considering all the facilities that were available - free coffee, free towels, excellent showers and big rooms. The staff was friendly and fun and the common area had a chill vibe. Would definitely stay there again if I go to Berlin again!

Felt very safe and clean, also a fun atmosphere at night in the lobby!

• 13th Feb 2015

The rooms are big and comfortable, and also very clean. The wifi doesn't work!!! Not even in the reception.

The hostel is quite close to Friedrickburgstraße which has a lot of activity. The bar staff where always nice and beer was pretty cheap! Rooms were relatively quiet (10-bed room), bathrooms are cleaned every day, and the showers are the best I've had in a long while! Plenty of young travelers to meet as well.

Stayed in the mega dorm with 20 or so beds in the room. The bathrooms were super clean, the bed was comfy, but wow was it LOUD at night! In my dorm there was a large male group who didn't care to be quite and were very noisy most of the night and into the morning. Other than that, the Internet connection is sketchy, the staff are super helpful and the 4€ breakfast is decent. For the rate I paid, I guess I can't complain... If you want a good sleep the mega dorm isn't recommend.

Nice hostel for Berlin! Cheap

The Hotel is very good. I recomend improve the Wifi in the social area.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Peru

When my group arrived, we were greeted cordially and given a lot of info. Brochures and newspapers are all over. Rooms were clean and the bathrooms were perfect (GREAT SHOWER!). Breakfast was fine and cheaper than usual, 4euro for us. About a 20 minute walk from the Haufbahnhof but about a 5 minute walk from Museum Island, so that was pretty incredible! Not a party hostel, we actually bought drinks at Generator, but this place feels a lot more like a safe "home base", so we were happy here.

Very good hostel. Good place to stay.

Peter is very patient and welcoming. I was first here one year ago, and remember Peter at the front desk. The breakfast is good value. The wifi in the rooms however is not so great. I am likely to come back to this hostel if i visit Berlin again

Very cheap and really really good. I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5