Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

The location in Berlin is really good and the staff is available, kind and professional. We really appreciated our trip in this amazing city !

• 16th Apr 2015

Like hostel I enjoyed the atmosphere and would recommend! Not a lot of bathrooms though in the morning for getting ready and I wish the breakfast were included.

Really nice environment with great value and international travel vibe.

Just average. A place not offering a personal feeling... they're just churning through guests. Perfect if you're in a group looking for a place to crash, less so for a solo traveler looking to meet people. I'd stay here again if I was in Berlin, but it wouldn't be my top choice.

Pretty good They should have wifi in the rooms cause they have these parties in the common area and it´s kind of dificult to use internet in the midle of a party...

This was a great place to stay. It was clean, fun, had nice bathrooms, and the location was perfect for us. Definitely felt safe and comfortable here.

I think people would make a good choice if booking in this hostel. It's very close to every point to the city. You can enjoy Berlin outside and inside. You will be always welcome to grab a beer, talk to people and enjoy Berlin as you wanted. This hostel is very close to public transport, tourist points and great places for beers or meeting people. Highly recommended.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Spain

It's a great hostel, with cool atmposphere, different common areas to stay, clean and confortable, with very good price (at least the "mega dorm" of 20 people) and just 15 minutes walking from Bradenburg Tor or Alexander Platz. I was 3 nights with a friend, and we enjoy it a lot!

Cool happening place. Great central location with tube facilities on the doorstep as well as nice eateries. Minutes walk down friedrichstrasse for shops and unter der linden towards the Brandenburg gate. Staff no problem. Wifi handy. Rooms and bathrooms clean. Beds good. Good place for a week in Berlin!

Good location, clean and tidy rooms, nice atmosphere. I recommend other travellers :)

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

This hostel was amazing. The atmosphere was awesome, different places to hang out. Rooms and bathrooms were comfortable. The staff made our stay, particularly Rob, made our stay that much better. Would definitely recommend.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Everything is perfect in that hostel! People are awesome, staff is great, the bar is amazing! There is people drinking and hanging out every day. Location, the city, the megadorm... Nothing to complain! :) (only minor thing is the wifi that is not so good and there is no plugs near the beds, but, travel is about meeting people and not keep starring your iPhone).

We really enjoyed our stay in the "Heart of Gold Hostel". But the kitchen is a bit small and has not much space for many people. I usually like cooking in Hostel-Kitchens as its a good way to socialise and meet people. That was the only thing we kind of disliked. But other then that everything was awesome. The staff was very friendly.

• 31st Mar 2015

Very nice place to live

Really impressed with the hostel. Great value for money. Very clean and excellent location. 10 min walk to all major attractions. Will stay again when in Berlin.

It is really a amazing Hostel, with a really great location and a organized - but not boring, instead cool - hostel :) It is also not like cheap hostel with thin paper walls and so... good shower, fair enough they leave cafe and water for guests, fair price for breakfast. So it is a good choice :)

The Hostel itself is too big, too many rooms and guests and not enough toilets and bathrooms to accommodate everyone! Staff was not very friendly, but maybe the reason is too many guests and rooms that they need to take care of! Beds are squeaky and tiniest movement (your and/or roommates) will wake you up! Location is perfect and price is ok, but next time I'll look for another hostel in Berlin

Decent stay. Great location! Good common area to hang out, meet people, and not disturb those in the rooms sleeping!

Need more coffee. Still the best hostel I've stayed at in my 3 months of travel in Europe.

• 22nd Mar 2015

the staff wasnt good at fostering a nice atmosphere but it was nice and a good deal for the money