Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Not as good as we had expected.

It's a good hostel, great location. Unfortunately wi-fi didn't work at my floor (4th). That would be my only complain.

The hostel was equipped with all that you might need. Pretty open and clean rooms and the main area was a good hangout space. goid hostel for the price. They even had breakfast of yogurt, granola, meats, cheeses, and breads for €4.00. More of a hotel feel at times but the location was good and the staff were helpful.

Stayed only one night, no problem at all, staff very friendly, vert nice reception area, room and bathroom clean

• 27th May 2015
  • Algeria

My bed was super nasty. The sheets looked like they weren't washed or cleaned before. And I found our that I was bitten by some insects after a night. This is a good hostel in terms of its price and other aspects, but it should really improve its cleanliness

Nice staff

I really liked my time here! The location is really good and within the city centre, it's really easy to walk everywhere. The staff are nice and helpful, the bar is a good place to meet people, it's a large hostel so at sometimes the atmosphere is a little lacking, but it's still nice! The breakfast is a little pricey and there's no kitchen, which is a small downside, but I'd still recommend staying here!

Lounge area was awesome. Breakfast was good. Loved the free coffee and tea. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bathrooms sucked. Overall, pretty good stay.

I had good times in Heart of Gold Hostel. It is a nice place and clean, and the room is very big and confortable. It has a good localization, You nerd to walk for a few minutes to reach the museum Island and TV tower.

• 24th May 2015

Great hostel, I would recommend to anyone. We even had live music in the common area one night.

Super fun hostel, excellent for meeting people. Good location as well.

Cheap beers, nice rooms. Would recommend

I stayed in the 42 bed mixed dorm, which is really seperated into two rooms, so it did not seem like too many people. The all you can eat breakfast is not worth it in my opinion. I reccommend skipping the breakfast and assembling your own eats in the morning. The coffee and tea is complementary, which is verz nice. Location was decent, a few minute walk from the U Bahn. RENT A BIKE. The bikes there are well maintained and Berlin is a fun city to explore on a Bike. Great bar atmosphere too

I stayed in the 42 bed dorm, it was much better than expected. The room was separated into two with showers and bathrooms in the middle. The lobby was nice, there was free tea and coffee 24/7 and it was a great place to meet new people. Location was great so it was easy to go out. My only complaint was that the kitchen was almost nonexistent, it was not really possible to cook, luckily there were lots of places to eat nearby.

Great location and nice facilities; the free coffee and tea were a huge plus and I greatly enjoyed it. The 42 bed dorm wasn't too bad and the bathroom was pretty spacious; only downside was the tiny kitchen which wasn't very well equipped. Had a great stay overall.

Absolutely amazing hostel. The staff were all so friendly and helpful, even when I lost my wallet they did everything they could to help. Really good location close to all the sites and the bar is cheap and fun. If ever I am back in Berlin, I will be staying here.

I got the biggest room, and that makes it kind of hard to meet people. I recommend getting a smaller one. Other than that, the place is great. No complains...

Everything is great! Love this place!

Very spacious and clean rooms. Staff were friendly as well, and it was possible to walk to the main sights. There seemed to constantly be a lot of school groups staying here, so the atmosphere wasn't as backpacker friendly as could be desired, but it was still easy to meet some other travellers.

One of most comfortable hostel I have stayed, staff extremely helpful, good wifi connection in rooms, lovely breakfast...