Heart of Gold Hostel Reviews

Johannisstr. 11, Berlin, Germany

Our room had a transparent shower space (NOT shower room) ! I'm so surprised that. But you can also use a common shower room on the floor. It was clean, but I felt like in KZ a little bit.

Excellent location and staff were friendly. Very clean hostel however I wasn't used to sleeping in a dorm with so many people, as people were going in and out all through the night. Only bad point was that 2 days before we arrived our room mate told us someone's laptop and phone got stolen from the locker but there is an option to leave your valuable at the reception.

There were no lokers available when i stayed there. I had to leave all my valuables in the dorm.

It was amazing! Everybody was extremely helpful and lovely. The neighborhood was very full of places to eat and have a drink and it was very near to the historical center of Berlin. I would totally recommend this place and certainly go back!

Hi guys ! You are just great ! The only thing which bothered us was not your fault, but your guest's fault who were extremely noisy late at night around 2 am while coming back passing our room on the first floor. They were not considerate to anyone at all on that floor. It was nearly the same like making a horrible noise inside our room for an hour. But maybe they were really very drunk. amies

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice free coffee and tea all day. Pity that the WiFi was lousy. The net gets overloaded all the time, Too many people for a not strong enough connection. Location is ideal, route-description also. You find the hostel easily.

Good stay overall. One of the members of staff (long hair) was a bit 'off' and didn't seem keen to help, but more interested in chilling out with his mates at the bar and drinking... The toilets could be kept a slight more eye on too, as at one point the loos ran out of loo paper, so I had to use the mens! But other than that, a good stay. Good value for money, secure and the breakfast was free on weekdays!!! The female staff and the blond guy and dark haired guy was really really helpful! x

So great!! The Location is unbeatable. The staff were also very helpful. we had a private room so security and cleanliness were good. our neighbors were very loud at night but otherwise a great hostel! we even got free breakfast even though they told us it would be 4 euro.

I stayed here for the weekend and loved it! The room was really cheap (half the price of most of the other hostels I looked at). The location is great and easy to find. I found the staff very helpful, the room clean, the atmosphere of the common room good, and the alcohol fairly priced in the bar. The only downside I would have about this place is the lack of towels, I asked multiple times and they just kept telling me to come back later. Apart from that I would happily recommend.

• 14th Feb 2014

Its a very good deal

Honestly have no complaints whatsoever! Seven of us stayed at the hostel for five nights and had the most amazing time - the hostel definitely enhanced our stay in this fantastic city. Would definitely recommend and go back if I returned to Berlin.

• 30th Jan 2014

Great Hostels Worth staying for 3 nights to get the free breakfast. Breakfast pretty good compared to most hostels. **Wifi was terrible though, barely ever worked. I like that they keep the hostel quiet at night, so we can sleep.

The staff were very helpful and very engaging. Some of the nicest staff i have experienced in a hostel. The beds/bedrooms were very comfortable we had a room to ourselves (8 of us) and the room was perfect. The location is also excellent, it was within walking distance for most of the main attractions.

• 24th Jan 2014