Hidatakayama Guesthouse Tomaru Reviews

6-5,hanasato-machi, Takayamashi, Hida Takayama, Japan

Wonderful nights stay here in Takayama. Great hosts and wonderfully kept rooms.

Good location and bed, but one of the staff was kind of annying with the time, controling when we went in/out, what we did/didn´t...

I stayed there 2 nights and everything was just great. Hostel is clean and cozy, location is perfect - close to JR station and old part of town. Staff are very kind, nice and helpful - ready to help with plans in town or answer any questions. There was such a fantastic atmosphere during evenings thanks to staff. I 100% recommend - I would stay there again.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

Friendliest staff ever.

The hostel was nice, but the staff was awesome. Really very nice people. If you have a chance to stay, I recommend it without doubt.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Great Hostel, perfect location and amazing staff! Japanese style dormitories are very confortable and clean. We loved our stay at Tomaru!

The hostel was a deal to stay in Takayama. The dormitory was clean, tidy, had good aircon and beds were extremely comfortable. Kumi, at reception was so welcoming and helped with all the info we requested. She even helped us with requests that had nothing to see with Takayama. We definetly recommend this house.

one of the best hostels i've stayed in and definitely the best i stayed at in japan! both the owners and the staff were amazing. location is very good, 2 mins walk from train/bus station and about another 5 mins to the river/old town. the house itself has lots of character (tatami, original wooden structure, screen doors...etc), rooms are bright, clean and a good size (lots of windows! i just cant stand windowless dorm rooms..) but the staff were still the best thing about this hostel.

Thank you so much for two happy days in Takayama :) Wish you all best of luck!

Nice guest house, no special perks but no special downsides either. If you've been to one or two guest houses in Japan you know exactly what to expect from Tomaru

Very well located, 5 minutes from train station. The hostel is clean and spacious, and has everything you need. The owner was very nice and helpful, and loved to meet the wonderful family, although i just stayed for one night. Thank you for everything.

Great location, right next to the station and very close to all the main attractions. Staff were lovely and helpful and looked after my luggage before check in and pointed me in the right direction for something to eat and a drink. Takayama is gorgeous as well. Even though check out is 11am I had a bit of a heavy one the night before and slept through my alarm and they didn't wake me up until 1pm. Would definitely recommend!

A lovely friendly hostel, it is family run, the owner is not fluent in English but very helpful. It's small, clean and very conveniently placed near the train station.

View all Hida Takayama Hostels