Himeji 588 Guesthouse Reviews

68 Honmachi, Himejishi, Himeji, Japan

Kyoko is a really nice person who will do anything to help you. Ths hostel has the best atmosphere and is really cosy. The wifi is everywhere and there are plugs for everyone. However, this hostel has too many rules such has no eating in the room, no shower after 10am, nobody in the hostel between 10am and 4pm, light out at 12am. There is maybe a small lack of privacy in the dorm, but it is comfortable. Except for the thousand of rules, this hostel is one of the best I ever had.

Himeji 588 is located very Close to the Himeji JR Train Station. It is small, but we enjoyed not only the contact with the other hostellers, but also with the Young woman from Taiwan who worked there. After sight-seeing at the Himeji Castle and buying Food for dinner in the town, we ate with her and spent the whole evening talking and laughing. Great Company!

Thank you for the wonderful time. Although I stayed for a really short time, I made friends, I had fun, and took experience.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

We stayed there for one night and everything was perfect. The host is nice and with great knowledge. My brother and I really enjoyed chatting with her.

A nice place, lovely staff, great location for a stay in himeji. Alhough not hugely traditional and I'd recommend taking your own pillow:)

Excellent location- easy walk from the station and five minutes from the castle and museums. The staff were so friendly, always offering food they had made for themselves. Their English wasn't perfect but they tried so hard to be helpful. Value was also great- I paid for a dorm but as they had a private room available, they gave me that. It was the best night's sleep in a while! Definitely consider this place.

Our stay was great, the owner was very nice and gave us a lot of information. Location is very good as well, surrounded with restaurants, shops and grocery store is right there. I highly recommend it.