Himeji 588 Guesthouse Reviews

68 Honmachi, Himejishi, Himeji, Japan

The hostel was very nice, although two showers for a full hostel are not enough. The one disappointment is that under facilities, it states "kitchen", which is incorrect. Guest are not permitted to use the kitchen, not even a microwave or plates/cutlery. Very misleading, please make the correction on your website.

The hostel has a great location 1 minute away from the castle, close to the train station in a shopping street. Nevertheless it is quiet noisy and one bathroom is across the porch outside, which is chilly in your PJs... also hostel is closed for check-in from 10am to 16pm which is good to know in advance. As you would end up in front of closed doors.

Small hostel with friendly staff. Between castle and station and nere shops and restaurants. You cannot be inside between 10h and 16h.

Nice hostel in a good location, but I had a bad experience.I was woken at 10am and told that I need to leave the hostel till 4pm. I have never heard of such a thing, I'm paying 2700 a night to stay and I'm being forced to leave between 10am-4pm. It was raining one of the days, so I had to go sit in a coffee shop all day. I wasn't told that I had to leave between 10am-4pm when checking in or on the web, I wouldn't have stayed two nights if I knew this. Also the kitchen is staff only! Very poor

I liked the cozy rooms with the tatami, but the building itself was poorly isolated so the A/C did nothing to warm the room up, it was even colder inside than outside! How is that possible?!

Nice location close to the castle, owner was v.friendly and I was lucky enough to join in on a meal they were hosting which was a plus. Dorm beds were nice as well with enough space for bags etc.

It was a nice stay, the bunk beds are tough and provide correct room but i've to admit i felt quite cold during the night, i guess it's because there was few people the only night i stayed but if you stack 17 people under the roof it might heat up quickly. anyway, bathroom and toilets are immaculate clean, staff is friendly and trustworthy. location is excellent.

It is a wonderful hostel with nice staff and cleaning environment. I will go to the same guest house if i have chance to visit Himeji city.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

I only stayed here 1 night but wish I could have stayed longer! location is perfect just 1 min from Himeji castle and less than 10 to the train station. staff were very welcoming and helpful, they even shared their sake with us!

Hostel is located in an arcade shopping street with a big supermarket (better & cheaper than the convinient stores), 1 minute to the next bus stop going to all the interesting spots in & outside the city and 2 minutes by foot to the castle. The sleeping arrangements in the dormitory are very basic but ok. In the end a place I can recommend if you want to stay in Himeji.

Bathroom smells a bit, I think sewer issue. Otherwise, pleasant stay, nice location.