8.4
Fabulous 282 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 282 Total Reviews
Himeji 588 Guesthouse Located at 68 Honmachi, Himejishi, , Himeji.
Japan
Himeji 6700012 68 Honmachi, Himejishi
84% 282
34.8331709 134.6931244
    Rooms available

8th Aug 2016
8.0

If you like camping and wooden cabins, that's what the sleeping quarters looks like

5th Aug 2016

Really friendly staff and an excellent location for exploring Himeji (especially the castle). The 'almond toast' they serve at the hostel is also excellent!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016

Himeji 588 Guesthouse was a wonderful place to stay after an unexpected development in our trip!! The staff was beyond friendly - a highlight of my trip was talking and chilling out with them. Himeji 588 is also a great location as well, steps away from the castle and local shopping arcade. Plus I would highly recommend the almond butter toast they serve here - IT WAS DELICIOUS!! I would love to come back and visit again and I would highly suggest anyone coming to Himeji stay here!!

17th Jul 2016

Clean and comfortable, but a little more bare-bones than some Japanese hostels. The location is great and the staff were very friendly.

16th Jul 2016
6.0

It was probably fine in general, but compared to a lot of Japanese hostels it wasn't so great. The bathrooms were weird, the AC didn't really work (which is awful in Japanese summers) and the beds didn't have sheets. It's fine if you just want somewhere cheap to stay, though, probably

• England, Male, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

Himeji 588 Guesthouse can be a little tricky to find, but it's definitely worth finding; the staff are incredibly friendly: one of the workers actually carried my (very heavy) luggage up the stairs all by himself after I clumsily tripped on the steps whilst attempting it myself! The rooms are comfortable; they have a lot of storage space for luggage/backpacks. The hostel is also close to a lot of great eateries and karaoke joints. I would highly recommend Himeji 588; I will definitely book again

7th Jul 2016

A very small and cosy guesthouse in an old Japanese house in walking distance to the Himeji-jo and the JR station. The staff was amazingly friendly and welcoming!

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
26th Jun 2016
4.9

No air conditioning, no dryer, two toilets (one outside). Stayed one night and planned to sightsee after checking out. Staff demanded that we pick up our bags no later than 3pm. 3 no. staff gave us the wrong information regarding bus to Mount Shosha. Wasted over an hour, then with early bag pick up restrictions we did not get to Mount Shosha which requires over 3 hours to explore. A wasted trip to Himeji thanks to an unflexible hostel!

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Jun 2016
7.7

Good hostel, but the only hostel i've known to kick you out at 10 in the morning for cleaning. Also got there at 2 in the afternoon after leaving my last place earlier than expected, and it was closed until 4pm, had to ring the staff to tell me the code to let me in and even then all i could do was drop my bags off and leave. Location was good, right next to himeji castle, and about 10 minutes away from the station. Staff were friendly.

1st Jun 2016

This hostel was absolutely amazing. It's so close to Himeji Castle, so location is perfect. The staff were so helpful in letting me know where the nearest supermarkets and restaurants were. We even had a takoyaki party on my last night, and I learned how to make takoyaki! They were delicious, in case you were wondering. It was very clean, and they actually close up the place from 10am to 4pm to clean, so that would make sense. The only thing is that they do not have a kitchen.