Himeji 588 Guesthouse Reviews

68 Honmachi, Himejishi, Himeji, Japan

Nice people, staff and good locationear Himeiji station.

Nice & cosy place, location is great & staff was amazing !

I'd like to say Thank you to their staffs for the travaling information at Himeji. And special thanks to Miki and her boss that they keep my lost camera bag with lens for me. I hope that I'll visit them again next trip. Thanks, Nutthapong

We got there early afternoon and let us leave our bags while we went to see himeiji. It is literally around the corner from the castle. The actual guesthouse was all full so we stayed at a separate house around the corner. Which was even better than expected as we were two people and got a semi private room. The bathroom setup was kinda strange. Beds were really comfortable. But it was okay for one night. Himeiji is really small and cute we went bar hopping it was really nice.

Very cramped sleeping area: I could barely go through with my luggage. No kitchen, even though it was indicated that they had one. And once you have the code to the main door to get your luggage back after check out, you have absolutely free access to the whole hostel while there are many luggages left unattended. Not very safe. Maybe another system would have to be thought. Also, the hostel does not open before 16:00 and there is no place to leave your luggage before check-in...

Must pay extra to use shower. Room was so small, couldn't stand up. Dust bunnies, dirty sheets, name it. Himeji is beautiful, but this place is not!

The hostel was very nice, although two showers for a full hostel are not enough. The one disappointment is that under facilities, it states "kitchen", which is incorrect. Guest are not permitted to use the kitchen, not even a microwave or plates/cutlery. Very misleading, please make the correction on your website.

The hostel has a great location 1 minute away from the castle, close to the train station in a shopping street. Nevertheless it is quiet noisy and one bathroom is across the porch outside, which is chilly in your PJs... also hostel is closed for check-in from 10am to 16pm which is good to know in advance. As you would end up in front of closed doors.

Thanks for being wonderfully accommodating and providing an excellent start to our holiday in Japan.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Small hostel with friendly staff. Between castle and station and nere shops and restaurants. You cannot be inside between 10h and 16h.

Nice hostel in a good location, but I had a bad experience.I was woken at 10am and told that I need to leave the hostel till 4pm. I have never heard of such a thing, I'm paying 2700 a night to stay and I'm being forced to leave between 10am-4pm. It was raining one of the days, so I had to go sit in a coffee shop all day. I wasn't told that I had to leave between 10am-4pm when checking in or on the web, I wouldn't have stayed two nights if I knew this. Also the kitchen is staff only! Very poor

I liked the cozy rooms with the tatami, but the building itself was poorly isolated so the A/C did nothing to warm the room up, it was even colder inside than outside! How is that possible?!

Really liked this one, 5 minute walk to the castle (if you walk very slowly), Lady who runs this one was quite welcoming!

Nice location close to the castle, owner was v.friendly and I was lucky enough to join in on a meal they were hosting which was a plus. Dorm beds were nice as well with enough space for bags etc.

It was a nice stay, the bunk beds are tough and provide correct room but i've to admit i felt quite cold during the night, i guess it's because there was few people the only night i stayed but if you stack 17 people under the roof it might heat up quickly. anyway, bathroom and toilets are immaculate clean, staff is friendly and trustworthy. location is excellent.