Himeji 588 Guesthouse Reviews

68 Honmachi, Himejishi, Himeji, Japan

Very welcoming place!

Nice hostel that's very close to the castle and some cracking food houses. Just a touch small for me in terms of room size as there was basically no floor space and the dorms didn't lock individually.

The staff was really nice, offered ice cream and watermelon for free. :-) The location is perfect, 10 min. from the station (don't walk on the main road, take the shopping street where it's nice and cool) Toilets were clean I didn't like the thick rugs in front of the showers and sinks.. They got really wet and gross! The hostel is closed from 10 am to 4 pm which is total nonsense!!!

It's a very nice and comfortable place to stay, just a few minutes ago from Himeji Castel by walking and 10-15 minutes walking from the train station (otherwise, you can also take a bus to arrive in it). Kindly staff.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Spain

The location is great! it's really close to Himeji Castle. I was able to walk there in 10-15 minutes. It's a very small hostel. There is a room for girls and a room for boys. The only way to access the girl's room is through the boy's room, so if that will bother you, don't stay here. The beds are a bunk bed/futon combo. My bed was very roomy. I know some people are bothered by not being allowed inside the hostel between 10am-4pm, but you should be out and about during that time anyways.

Thanks you !!! It was great!!!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is closed many hours during day time (10-16) and Wi-Fi is stopped. Blanckets were made of bath towels and to get inside the female dorm you've to cross male dorm. Once you check out you're not allowed to stay in the common hall and anywhere else (it would be useful to have a space to stay some mins more to pack stuff and check trains). Personnel speaks very little English and doesn't seem very motivated to work.

Nice place with a nice staff. They only had small personal lockers for valuables. Bunkbeds in the dorm which where seperated by cloth for privacy. All in all a nice place, if going to himeji this is a good budget option.

It's very small. If you are carrying big luggage is a little difficult. The location is amazing, just one block away from de Castle! The staff is very nice.

It's more an average hostel, if you want to visit Himeji castle. One night there is okay.

We only stayed for one night but the hostel is in a great location and they lady upgraded us from a dorm room to a private room with no extra fee, very kind! I didn't see any lockers in the hostel but apart from that this is a great place to stay for a short time in Himeji!

Nice place for a chilled overnight in Himeji.

Pretty cool place- quiet (which could be good thing or a bad thing), comfy bunks, and clean showers.

We had booked a private room. When we entered the room we were told there was no lock on the door and the futons were dirty with other peoples hair over the sheets. We ended up booking a hotel instead of staying there the one night we had planned. It is completely unacceptable to offer a 'private' room and not offer any security or locks on the doors. Especially given that the room was a metre away from the doorway to the dorm room. Very disappointed and would not recommend.

Great place would stay again.

If you don't mind zero security for your belongings, if you don't mind poor, hardly cleaned facilities and sleeping under stinky blankets, you'll probably appreciate hooking up with other backpackers from around the world, and also chatting along with the supernice runners of the hostel. But at least, they should do something radical about their cleaning routines and also invest in new matterasses, blankets, pillows etc. PS the toan Himeji sucks. May be worth visiting the astonishing castle.

• 14th May 2015
  • Sweden

this hostel is completely closed from 10am to 4pm, I arrived around mid day and I have to carry all my stuff to visit the himeji castle since there was no one answer the bell. So basically, if you plan to arrive this hostel at day time (most visitors will arrive at these hours), you will be in trouble. They should at least have some to answer the bell and keep our luggage. location is very good, no kitchen but they do have microwave and kettle.

Nice people, staff and good locationear Himeiji station.

Nice & cosy place, location is great & staff was amazing !

I'd like to say Thank you to their staffs for the travaling information at Himeji. And special thanks to Miki and her boss that they keep my lost camera bag with lens for me. I hope that I'll visit them again next trip. Thanks, Nutthapong