Himeji 588 Guesthouse

Fabulous 304 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Jan 2017
7.7

It was fine for us staying one night -our main issue was that it was closer during the day when we wanted to drop off our bags. This was a big inconvenience and wasn't written on their page that we could see. They should have alternatives where we can keep big bags- the ones they suggested only held small bags. But apart from that was comfy and fine.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
25th Dec 2016
6.0

I was really looking forward to this hostel, but was kind of let down. The overall facilities were normal for a hostel, but the staff wasn't friendly or helpful at all. The first floor is very cold in the morning, so we tried to turn on the kotatsu, only to find that there was no plug. An hour later, the staff comes in to start work and brings the plug from behind the counter and hops in it. It felt like she was ready to get rid of us the moment we arrived. Not sure if I'd stay here again.

16th Sep 2016

A nice little place. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Also in a great location!

• Hughsie100
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
4th Sep 2016
6.9

I stayed here for one night, the staff were really nice. I booked a bed in the female dorm, but it is directly attached to the male dorm and to even get into the female area you have to walk through the male room. Layout is a bit strange, and it's very BARE inside. There is no atmosphere, and when I checked out I could leave my things while I went to visit the castle but they are simply left in the lobby and not anywhere secure. Good for short stays.