Himeji Guest House Engakudou Reviews

8-2yanagi machi, Himeji, Japan

This is the worst hostel I have stayed at in Japan. I have no idea how it has such a good rating. The hostel is not really that clean, it is not well set up and it is not even cheap. I was in the 2nd building across the street that did not have a shower or sink, well, it actually did have a sink but I was not told about it and it is not obvious to find since it is out the back door. Positives, there is a bed to sleep in, the location is only minutes from the castle and the staff are pretty nice.

Great hostel and very friendly and helpful staff.

Unfortunately we were staying in the second building across the road from the main reception, common areas and showers. If you are staying in the main building I'm sure it will be a fine stay however we found having to cross the street in order to shower pretty annoying. Also the only toilet in our building was through 2 other dormitaries. There was also no sink available to brush your teeth which was bizarre. The location is convenient for the castle and gardens and the owner was friendly.

Only one shower for about 20 guests.

I think this is cool traditional-style Japanese house which has been infused with a youthful vibe.

Himeji Guest House Engakudou is a great option to stay in Himeji, definitively you can find a great atmosphere at the guest house and meet friendly people.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Great location, wonderful staff. The staff really takes their time to get to know you and will even take evening strolls with you at night.