Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

huge cockroach in a washroom.. bed is uncomfortable. Not clean at all.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Awesomely located right in the center of Hollywood. Great value for the location. Great hostel overall; I would go back.

I stayed in this hostel many times before, but this time the staff was horrible. Especially Mariena (Honduran girl at the front desk). Hostel was almost empty. 1-2 people in each room. They gave me upper bank, and since there rest of 6 beds were empty, I asked to be switched to the bottom bed, to be close to the outlet to charge my phone. But the girl at front desk was very mean. She told me to check out of my room, and wait til 3 pm to recheck in again (!!! just to switch from one bed to anothe

Great hostel and great amenities. The staff were absolutely friendly and very helpful. I will definitely come back here the next time im in LA. Thanks for the great stay!

• 12th Jan 2015

Right on Hollywood Blv, could not ask for a better location and at a good price. Nothing flash but a good hostel. I stayed in a 4bed dorm. It was pretty clean and new sheets were given at check-in. Free coffee and pancakes for breakfast was great and luggage storage was useful. Great value in Hollywood.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great situation, even if not the place if you want to sleep well.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Finland

The hostel had a weird atmosphere. The bathrooms ALWAYS had paper on the floor. You had to pay 25cents everytime you opened the locker. The staff was rude and not well prepared. I would only consider to stay there again because of the location, is excellent. The hostel is right on the Walk of Fame. If not the location, I would pay a little more to stay in a hotel.

Stayed here for four nights with a group of friends. Overall negative experience. Staff unwilling to help most of the time (got advised more than once to solve our problems by ourselves). Showers that only have "hot" water on certain times of the day. No drinking fountains for water. Insufficient amount of power outlets in the rooms. Overall cheap and shabby facilities. Location was pretty much the only positive aspect (that is, if you like being in the mess that is Hollywood). Would not return.

The location of this hostel is the best part; however, I couldn't use the internet in my bedroom and I definetly hate the bed. In addition, one of the shower areas was flooding

I hated my stay at Hollywood Youth Hostel. First the manager made inappropriate jokes. Second, he made us pay more than the amount written on the reservation paper of Hostelworld. Third, the room smells bad. There is no sound isolation in the room so you can hear everything in the corridor. Also, they don't have heatings and the blankets are thin. The temperature in LA in reveillon was 3˚ C, so we froze. Finally the breakfast is terrible: they offer only a pancake dough and syrup, that's all

• 2nd Jan 2015

Location was great but had the worst beds I have ever slept in. It was a thin piece of foam. No towel service. Wifi was really slow.

• 30th Dec 2014

The showers don't work so well on cold days! Taking a shower was very uncomfortable on such days!! 6-bed rooms are a little bit smelly when the window is not open! The staff should emphasize that the people in the room keep the window open always! The environment is good in general! The staff should update their website to include breakfast!

• 27th Dec 2014

The hostel is in a great location, right on the Walk of Fame and across the road from the metro. The rooms are ok, the bathrooms fine, although a shortage of showers in the morning. Staff didn't mention breakfast or even where the kitchen was. I didn't manage to have breakfast on my three days there, the batter was empty and was never filled up in the half hour I waited.

Most of the time there was no hot water in the showers. There are also only 4 showers in the women bathroom and one was clogged most of our stay. Breakfast was really poor, just "make it yourself" pancakes. Staff was not very helpfull.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Uruguay

most things are very disappointing... i couldnt use wifi in my room, never! and even PC equipped in the pc room. i had to go out and sit down on the corridor to connect to the internet. everynight they have a party so loud. if you like party, its ganna be fine. rooms are not clean but it was acceptable level for me.

I really enjoyed my stay, had fun with a lot of great people, and drank alot. Turn up LA feel free to ask me about my stay tyraningram@hotmail.com

Every time you need to lock your locker you have to insert 25 cents in it!! They should describe it better in the amenities section!! The hostel was good in general. Good and worth laundry. I would advise that you take the 4-bed room, the 6-bed room are kinda packed and smelly when the window is not open! The showers are any good on cold days....taking a shower is almost impossible! Plan your trip well, if you are going on cold days! The location is awesome.

The hostel is located in the very downtown of Hollywood and just across the street you can take the subway to downtown Los Angeles. You can also take the bus in the sunset Blv. to Getty Center which I truly recommended. The staff is nice and answered my question patiently. There is no independent bathroom in the dorm and there are public bathroom and restroom in every floor. The facilities here especially the bathroom is so-so. In terms of the price, the hostel worth it regarding the location.

Dirty Linen. Some staff were really helpful, but some of them were not. Door rocker is poor.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The locker were to be paid which I didn't appreciate. The access to wifi is not available in the rooms. However, the location is more than excellent.

• 19th Dec 2014