Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

All the guys working at the hostel are amazing and very helpful. The location is most probably the best ever. If you are a clean freak you might Want to bring your own sheets or sleeping bag though. I really enjoyed my stay and would definetely go back.

hostel in general is fine location is great right on the boulevard and across from the metro station.However,the rooms are like sweat boxes and all the fan seems to do is blow hot air,we left some food on the shelf in a bag with our name on it and came back the next day to find someone had eaten our full loaf of bread

I would never stay in the hostel ever again! While the location was good, right on the Boulevard, the staff were extremely rude, didn't know what was going on, boys arrived in a female dorm. No maps were given. Staff were extremely unhelpful when asking about direction to train/bus station and nightly activities. Kitchen, especially the fridge was dirty and packed with out of date food. Alcohol I bought was taken both nights from the kitchen area.

Nice and helpful staff, perfect location, clean bathrooms and room. Really good choice for few nights.

The washing machines and dryers are sucks. It took me four hours to dry my clothes. The staff was unhelpful and rude.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

The best hostel ever!!!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Poland

Location was awesome - quite hot and loud when trying to sleep and bathrooms could get a bit messy but would stay there again, much cheaper than other hostels in the area!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Definitely the best of this hostel is the location.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Great location! But really hot in the room and beds are really not confortable.

No air con in room just one tiny fan. Meant we needed to leave the window open as it was like a sauna and this meant all the noise from outside made sleep tricky. Excellent location though

Great hostel! Staff were friendly & helpful, comedy night was really fun & location is amazing. Negative points:- shower curtains were often on the floor - wifi is not great & when I tried to use the computers the internet wasn't working - room was a bit hot with just 1 fan & no AC - my pasta was stolen from the fridge! Understand this can't really be helped but maybe should have a better system like at other hostels where you label food with name, room number & check out date

It's very good. staffs are nice and kind. But so loudly at night.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

It's an ok hostel. I tried to tell two members of the staff if they could turn the music down from the recreation room and promised to do so but they NEVER did. It was 11:00 PM already and they had that music blasting that reached my room. I had an early flight the next day. Bed creaks. They have lockers in the room but you have to pay 25 cents Everytime you lock/open it. Kitchen and the dish washing rooms are separate and are so tiny for a hostel that's big. Location is excellent!

dorm is small and hot,the bar of the hostel is very noise. and you can hear it in the dorm

• 29th Aug 2014
  • China

Not very comfortable or clean

The rooms are very dirty and everything smells like urine. They have carpet floors, which makes the smell hard to defeat. The „beds“ are nothing but a little bit of foam and a cardboard. I really had fear that the person above me would come down any minute. The bathroom (one for the whole hostel) was pretty crowded all the time and it was impossible to get a bit of privacy. You have to pay 25c for a locker EVERY TIME you lock it. The Wi-Fi, works only in a few rooms. Would NOT recommend.

The hostel is located in amongst the stars on Hollywood Boulevard. Brilliant. The only negatives: The rooms are spacious, but ventilation is a problem and the rooms do get warm. There was only one fan in my room for four beds. Also, the hostel doesn't provide towels.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • India

THis hostel is AWESOME. It's in a great location right on the Hollywood walk of fame. There's a cvs right down the road so you can get food supplies and the hostel has a great kitchen which is cleaned every day. The rooms are very nice and clean. There is great wifi and we loved the common room with a pool table and music. The staff are lovely, I stayed in this hostel on my own for a few days after my friends left and the staff looked after me and took me under their wing.

right on hollywood blvd and across a metro station! so very good to reach

Had an amazing stay and met some really cool people, decent location a tad nosy but that was expected.

• 20th Aug 2014