Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Very nice place for the night

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Ecuador

You get what you pay for. Location is great, staffs are okay but not pro-active. And no elevator. I was lucky someone else help me carry my luggage up the long staircase.

Thank you guys, was a great everything.

Very dirty hostel. The bathrooms have no door and no proper exhaust, the whole hostel literally smells. It was so hot in my room, that I basically had fever all night and had to take a cold shower to get my body temperature down. When I arrived, the first thing I saw was the cops. If you read through the other comments and think 'how bad can it be?', let me tell you: really bad! It was a horrible experience and I would never go there again.

This hostel is really good, all staff members are nice and is really well located (in the middle of the walk of fame and in front of the red line and Hard Rock Cafe, wax museum and many other atractions). The only thing to improve maybe if to put air conditioners in the room because it gets really hot at night. Everything else is perfect. Thanks for giving me and my friend such great nights there!!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

the location is good, but adding up all the rest gives you a true dissapointment. the rooms have no ventilation what so ever and only one fan for six people that is in place that not all can feel it. all the hostel is dark and with carpet giving it a dirty and hot look, the art on the walls is terrible and the lockers for the backpacks have an extra charge! the bathrooms feel like they are going to rape you and in the showers doesn t have a shelf for your stuff so you have to get out naked.

Absolutely fantastic location. Security was a little relaxed, the main front door was open during the day straight onto Hollywood Blvd and room doors didn't automatically lock. Staff could be helpful or the complete opposite depending who you got. The hostel was clean, had character and good wifi but no AirCon, try to avoid a heatwave!

I especially liked the staff there, they were always so helpful! Whatever we needed, was it a description to a destination or about which tours we should do, they always helped us and were superfriendly!

good location, but crazy noisy lol

This place is great.. Travelling alone meant I wanted somewhere where I could meet people which this place was great for. The staff were amazing and hanging out with them was awesome. Especially Elias!!! He was brilliant and hilarious. Loved it.

• 10th Sep 2014

All the guys working at the hostel are amazing and very helpful. The location is most probably the best ever. If you are a clean freak you might Want to bring your own sheets or sleeping bag though. I really enjoyed my stay and would definetely go back.

If you really want a true hostel experience, right in the heart of Hollywood, this is the place to stay! It might not have all the top end luxuries of other hostels but this is easily looked passed. With the staff being some the coolest people you'll ever meet, they soon become family. Plus you only have to look outside your window to start your Hollywood adventure. They organise loads of great entertainment as well, with free entry to LA clubs. Miss it already! Xx

• 9th Sep 2014

It's located in the heart of Hollywood, so location is great! Staff is really friendly and helpful; crazy fun and respectful people who like to have a good time inside (events in the common area like beer pong, pizza night, pool tournaments) and outside of the hostel (Caesar knows all the good clubs in Hollywood Blvd and can get free or discounts in entrance). Common area is carpeted which I personally don't like, but staff vacuum and clean daily !

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

hostel in general is fine location is great right on the boulevard and across from the metro station.However,the rooms are like sweat boxes and all the fan seems to do is blow hot air,we left some food on the shelf in a bag with our name on it and came back the next day to find someone had eaten our full loaf of bread

I would never stay in the hostel ever again! While the location was good, right on the Boulevard, the staff were extremely rude, didn't know what was going on, boys arrived in a female dorm. No maps were given. Staff were extremely unhelpful when asking about direction to train/bus station and nightly activities. Kitchen, especially the fridge was dirty and packed with out of date food. Alcohol I bought was taken both nights from the kitchen area.

Nice and helpful staff, perfect location, clean bathrooms and room. Really good choice for few nights.

The washing machines and dryers are sucks. It took me four hours to dry my clothes. The staff was unhelpful and rude.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

The best hostel ever!!!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Poland

Location was awesome - quite hot and loud when trying to sleep and bathrooms could get a bit messy but would stay there again, much cheaper than other hostels in the area!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Definitely the best of this hostel is the location.

• 1st Sep 2014