Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

It's a great place. If I go to LA again I'll stay here for sure! There's nothing to complain about :)!

My stay was great, 97 only because I personally would have preferred a less busy area, but the nightlife is great. The crew always makes me laugh, Peter is a great manager and Henry and Chris work very hard around the hostel. Definitely would return.

Based on what I saw online, I wasn't expecting much, simply a cheap place to sleep while I travel LA. Inside, I was welcomed warmly by the staff. The hostel is clean, cheap, and in an amazing location with amazing staff. The manager is young and charming, and the entire crew is friendly and fun. I was able to witness how the staff kept calm during unreasonable customer complaints, and I was very impressed at their professionalism. People expect to be treated like royalty, it's so unbelievable

Woo yay great hostel woo

Great staff, great location, amazingly clean bathroom. great price.

• 5th Feb 2015

huge cockroach in a washroom.. bed is uncomfortable. Not clean at all.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

This was the worse hostel I have ever stayed in. I will never recommend it to anybody. It's dirty, the bathrooms are wide open with no door (at least the male), it's very noise because they have no rules about silence and people are having parties every day till late at night. The breakfast sucks, I left food on the fridge and somebody eat all my food even though it was labeled with my name. The mattress and pillows are so thin that it's better sleeping on the floor (and it smells). TERRIBLE!!!!

Awesomely located right in the center of Hollywood. Great value for the location. Great hostel overall; I would go back.

I stayed in this hostel many times before, but this time the staff was horrible. Especially Mariena (Honduran girl at the front desk). Hostel was almost empty. 1-2 people in each room. They gave me upper bank, and since there rest of 6 beds were empty, I asked to be switched to the bottom bed, to be close to the outlet to charge my phone. But the girl at front desk was very mean. She told me to check out of my room, and wait til 3 pm to recheck in again (!!! just to switch from one bed to anothe

Great hostel and great amenities. The staff were absolutely friendly and very helpful. I will definitely come back here the next time im in LA. Thanks for the great stay!

• 12th Jan 2015

Right on Hollywood Blv, could not ask for a better location and at a good price. Nothing flash but a good hostel. I stayed in a 4bed dorm. It was pretty clean and new sheets were given at check-in. Free coffee and pancakes for breakfast was great and luggage storage was useful. Great value in Hollywood.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great situation, even if not the place if you want to sleep well.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Finland

The hostel had a weird atmosphere. The bathrooms ALWAYS had paper on the floor. You had to pay 25cents everytime you opened the locker. The staff was rude and not well prepared. I would only consider to stay there again because of the location, is excellent. The hostel is right on the Walk of Fame. If not the location, I would pay a little more to stay in a hotel.

Stayed here for four nights with a group of friends. Overall negative experience. Staff unwilling to help most of the time (got advised more than once to solve our problems by ourselves). Showers that only have "hot" water on certain times of the day. No drinking fountains for water. Insufficient amount of power outlets in the rooms. Overall cheap and shabby facilities. Location was pretty much the only positive aspect (that is, if you like being in the mess that is Hollywood). Would not return.

The location of this hostel is the best part; however, I couldn't use the internet in my bedroom and I definetly hate the bed. In addition, one of the shower areas was flooding

I hated my stay at Hollywood Youth Hostel. First the manager made inappropriate jokes. Second, he made us pay more than the amount written on the reservation paper of Hostelworld. Third, the room smells bad. There is no sound isolation in the room so you can hear everything in the corridor. Also, they don't have heatings and the blankets are thin. The temperature in LA in reveillon was 3˚ C, so we froze. Finally the breakfast is terrible: they offer only a pancake dough and syrup, that's all

• 2nd Jan 2015

Good place! The staff kept a keen eye out for 'intruders', which was reassuring I suppose. The place itself was nice - good setup for mingling if the right crowd are in town, and really everything you could wish for from the description!

Location was great but had the worst beds I have ever slept in. It was a thin piece of foam. No towel service. Wifi was really slow.

• 30th Dec 2014

The showers don't work so well on cold days! Taking a shower was very uncomfortable on such days!! 6-bed rooms are a little bit smelly when the window is not open! The staff should emphasize that the people in the room keep the window open always! The environment is good in general! The staff should update their website to include breakfast!

• 27th Dec 2014

The hostel is in a great location, right on the Walk of Fame and across the road from the metro. The rooms are ok, the bathrooms fine, although a shortage of showers in the morning. Staff didn't mention breakfast or even where the kitchen was. I didn't manage to have breakfast on my three days there, the batter was empty and was never filled up in the half hour I waited.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5