Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

WiFi didn't work at all, but overall, it was a good stay, good location, a bit noisy tho'

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Nice place with an excellent location in the Hollywood walk of fame. You can take the metro and visit the place that you want, just crossing the street. Good environment, very tidy! I spent an incredible time in LA. I'll recommend this hostel of course. Thank for all!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The main staff, not the hired volunteer travellers, were not very helpful, they were easily distracted after you have asked them to help you. My key was not working and i asked the guy to help me get into my room, on the way to my room he ran into his buddy and talked to him for about 10 minutes and then when i went back too see where he was he completely forgot about me and i had to re-ask him to help. The room I arrived in was trashed like a squat.

Great hostel, friendly staff and amazing location!!! It is a little loud though becuase it's right on the strip. Being ear plugs if you are a light sleeper

Fantastic service and facilities. Would definitely stay again.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Not so good, facilities are no great but the location is amazing. Plus the breakfast was never ready at 9, we always had to ask and I missed it on my last day. If you're just looking for a cheap place to stay, this is the one. If you intend to stay longer and socialize, go somewhere else.

This was my 1st experience at a hostel so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I had such a great time that I'm now hooked on staying at hostels and will definitely return to Hollywood Youth Hostel! Can't beat the location or price, but my favorite part was meeting people from all over the world and making some great new friends.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very good location, easy to catch the metro and walk to many attractions in hollywood. the staffs are helpful too. But the only weak point is the front desk is on the second floor and there's no elevator,so it's quite difficult if you have a big and heavy luggage like me.

A Good hostel but too many curfews for a Central Hollywood Location. Internet connection was a joke for the best reception you had to sit on the stairs to the entrance or in the common room. A few of the staff had attitude, not with me personally but with other guests, particularly with people who english wasn't there first language. You would think working in a hostel staff would be more patient with this???

The good things are the location and price.

No internet connection in the rooms !!!

• 18th Jun 2014

it is close toeveryhing and good for sightseeing in hollywood; It is cse to the undergrud train as well. The hostel can do better for securty as some can ge hrough the door that is on the main road

it was a little bit hard to find your hostel. you'd better make a bigger sign for guests.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The room's floor a little bit not clean. It's very good location, but it's very very noise in the night!!

It took 45 minutes for them to check me in. because they were switching shifts. i gave them a $10 dollar key deposit that i thought i would get back . i only got $5 back because the receipt said $5. If you are staying here Make sure its says you gave a 10 dollar deposit ON THE RECEIPT. breakfast was leftover bread from yesterday served with peanut butter and jelly. i stayed in a 4 mix dorm. the roommates where nice. the mattress not so much its had black stains. i will never return

Be nice if the wifi was used in the bedrooms as its a bit limiting to just a couple of rooms so pees people off more than get them talking.

Staff were great!! really friendly atmosphere and everyone was super helpful. There are no individual lockers that you can use for free though with your own lock which was a bummer. Great location if you want to party!! Would recommend that people stay here!!!!

The Hotel is badly managed. The WIFI provided was very poor. The cleanliness of bathrooms and rooms was far from good. At the beginning the room that was assigned to us was occupied by other hosts. The dorms didn't have working lockers. The hostel security is very weak, anybody can enter the place easily. Our key deposit was retained for checking out only 15 minutes late. I could tolerate that in a place were everything works perfect, but this places is not such case.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed staying at Hollywood Youth Hostel and would highly recommend it. Great location, nice people and acceptable facilities. I would go back if ever in the Los Angeles area again.

• 10th Jun 2014

Lockers in rooms hard to use and door kept getting stuck open. Location was unbeatable - Opposite the station, shops, theatre, etc and in walk of fame. Staff friendly and helpful if a little distracted at times. Little interaction but was loads of info and staff very friendly. No toaster for the free breakfast or butter!! Showers hot and wifi fairly good considering it's free. Plus free use of computers. Would happily stay again!!