Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Most of the time there was no hot water in the showers. There are also only 4 showers in the women bathroom and one was clogged most of our stay. Breakfast was really poor, just "make it yourself" pancakes. Staff was not very helpfull.

most things are very disappointing... i couldnt use wifi in my room, never! and even PC equipped in the pc room. i had to go out and sit down on the corridor to connect to the internet. everynight they have a party so loud. if you like party, its ganna be fine. rooms are not clean but it was acceptable level for me.

I really enjoyed my stay, had fun with a lot of great people, and drank alot. Turn up LA feel free to ask me about my stay tyraningram@hotmail.com

Every time you need to lock your locker you have to insert 25 cents in it!! They should describe it better in the amenities section!! The hostel was good in general. Good and worth laundry. I would advise that you take the 4-bed room, the 6-bed room are kinda packed and smelly when the window is not open! The showers are any good on cold days....taking a shower is almost impossible! Plan your trip well, if you are going on cold days! The location is awesome.

The hostel is located in the very downtown of Hollywood and just across the street you can take the subway to downtown Los Angeles. You can also take the bus in the sunset Blv. to Getty Center which I truly recommended. The staff is nice and answered my question patiently. There is no independent bathroom in the dorm and there are public bathroom and restroom in every floor. The facilities here especially the bathroom is so-so. In terms of the price, the hostel worth it regarding the location.

Dirty Linen. Some staff were really helpful, but some of them were not. Door rocker is poor.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The locker were to be paid which I didn't appreciate. The access to wifi is not available in the rooms. However, the location is more than excellent.

• 19th Dec 2014

Hot water in the showers is very limited. Female showers/restroom at the top floor and male showers/restroom at the lower floor which makes it a bit inconvenient if you're staying on a floor that's not your gender-designated showers/restrooms.

It is really a good location and very close with most of the famous place and very close to the metro station.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • China

When 5 friends and I visited this hostel on the first date, we were already so tired and wanted to check in as soon as possible. One of the male staff kept talking to us about how well he knew our cultural backgrounds while delaying our check-in process. We were waiting for him for a long time. He just did things slowly and had no idea where our reservation was recorded in the computer system. Whenever we had questions he just could not stop his job at hand and handled our problems first.

The hostel is located right across Dolby Theater and in the middle of Walk of Fame, which brings me to the conclusion that it was definetly value for money. Right across the road was the Metro Station Hollywood/ Highland, which made it really easy to get around LA, if you're not renting a car. The facilities was average, though the Wifi connection was a little poor (didn't reach to all the rooms) and there was way too little restrooms. Staff was okay, but lacked understanding the guest's mood.

Have a free water dispenser - they are so useful!! And more fans in the rooms because they get hot!! And we were there in Winter!!

Beds were very uncomfortable and there were no lockers to accommodate suitcases only small belongings and they charged every time you used them.

• 7th Dec 2014

Value for money for sure.

The outside of the hostel is terrible, but when you get in you feel more comfortable with your choice. Location couldn't be better. I stayed here during fall, but in summer I think would be extremely hot inside the rooms.

• 24th Nov 2014

the best hostel I've visited in United States. The location is unbeatable, and the service is better price relationship to others.

Great staff and great location. My stay in Hollywood couldn't have been better :-)

Location is great as it's right on hollywood's walk of fame. Rooms were decent and we were lucky we were on the other side of the main street so wasn't as noisy. There is a huge stair case when you enter which I struggled with my suitcase but other then that the place was fine. You also get free pancakes for breakfast, you just have to cook it yourself.

We had a blast! It is perfect located and the staff was very nice and friendly! It is clean and organized. However, the wifi didn't work very well. In spite of that, we had a wonderful time.

If you want to be right in Hollywood this is good but...stay upstairs or on in the rooms that aren't on the side of the road, trying to sleep next to Hollywood's busiest intersection isn't going to happen, the manager is a inappropriate just so you know but the other staff are nice tho, the WiFi was always cutting out , especially upstairs. the beds are fine and the showers/toilets were always clean