Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

I been to this place 3 times over last 2.5 years back then I wouldn't of given it a good review. Boy wow this place has now turnt around with its new renos. And freshly new paint has made a huge difference. The people were lovely. Bathrooms cleaned everyday. You couldn't get better value for money really. Which is why I always return.

great location for a hostel! Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is really cool, the rooms are nice and clean, there's a kitchen and a pool table. The atmosphere was great, both the people staying there and the staff were very friendly and easy to talk to. I'd definitely stay there again

One of the best, if not the best hostel I have ever stayed in. When I return to LA, there is no doubt in my mind that this is where I will stay!

Great location, right opposite Hollywood & Highland train station, with plenty of places to get your food shopping. The one downside is that there isn't a stove, so you're limited to microwavable food. BUT- the pool table makes up for all of it. Clean place, good atmosphere, noisy if you're in the rooms above the street, but that's what you get for staying in Hollywood.

The location is so so so good. However when I first got in the room at 10pm the room was dirty and I saw much dust under the bed. By the way, I got bite by bed bug for 1 spot. มันก็ไม่ได้แย่ขนาดนั้นหรอก คือมันถูก กับทำเลดีมาก แต่เรารู้สึกว่าโดน Bed bug ไป 1 ดอก

Great location ! Right on the boulevard if you want to be in Hollywood this is the place to be ! Good atmosphere when I was there had a lot of good people ! I've stayed in heaps of hostels and it was pretty clean and tidy overall ! :)

Very good place with a friendly staff ! We mixed up our dates before coming and they have been very helpgul. We were able to switch for no additionnal price ! An hostel lke we love them !

• 11th Jul 2014

Got to see Vin diesel from the bedroom window..enough said!

• 7th Jul 2014

The guys from the reception are not friendly.

• 7th Jul 2014

Someone stole our food one day, but I cannot complain about anything else, it was really pleasant with nice people! Every night is a good occasion to meet new people from everywhere and have fun with them.

No AC in the rooms....

• 3rd Jul 2014

Location is very good because if you turn up from subway it be in front of you but here it dirty and don't have any thing to eat

• Thailand

It's a good plcace to stay for a while

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Thailand

First thing localization perfect, second breakfast was free plus coffee free amazing ,basic things make the difference. what to say about the restroom clean and huge. People with good energy around and staff really nice and helpful. 100 percent I recommend this place to stay.

The only good thing is the position and the price. The breakfast is a joke. Tha place is dirty. The bed was the worst I have ever found in a hostel.

• 29th Jun 2014

I planned to stay in LA for four nights at Hollywood Youth Hostel. I barely had any plan how to spend my four nights and days. It turned extremely fun. Cinema, night club tours, bars, beach and meet friends were the most part of the trip. Also, the hostel proved to be the right choice and more than my expectation.

WiFi didn't work at all, but overall, it was a good stay, good location, a bit noisy tho'

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Nice place with an excellent location in the Hollywood walk of fame. You can take the metro and visit the place that you want, just crossing the street. Good environment, very tidy! I spent an incredible time in LA. I'll recommend this hostel of course. Thank for all!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The main staff, not the hired volunteer travellers, were not very helpful, they were easily distracted after you have asked them to help you. My key was not working and i asked the guy to help me get into my room, on the way to my room he ran into his buddy and talked to him for about 10 minutes and then when i went back too see where he was he completely forgot about me and i had to re-ask him to help. The room I arrived in was trashed like a squat.

Great hostel, friendly staff and amazing location!!! It is a little loud though becuase it's right on the strip. Being ear plugs if you are a light sleeper