Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

I really enjoyed staying at Hollywood Youth Hostel and would highly recommend it. Great location, nice people and acceptable facilities. I would go back if ever in the Los Angeles area again.

• 10th Jun 2014

Lockers in rooms hard to use and door kept getting stuck open. Location was unbeatable - Opposite the station, shops, theatre, etc and in walk of fame. Staff friendly and helpful if a little distracted at times. Little interaction but was loads of info and staff very friendly. No toaster for the free breakfast or butter!! Showers hot and wifi fairly good considering it's free. Plus free use of computers. Would happily stay again!!

I really enjoyed my time at Hollywood youth hostel. The location is perfect, the staff really helpful and the youth hostel has everything you need. Otherwise, I wanted to rest a bit after a long day visiting and it was a bit difficult due to the noise of the street and roomates. I solved it with earplugs, though :-)

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Spain

It was my first time in LA! I would like to thank you the front desk man who was a gentleman helping me to find a van to the airport! Great experience in this hostel and in LA!!

I loved my stay at this hostel! The ambiance was very nice, most of the staff was really great! For the cleanliness, it really depends of which room you are put in. I think the biggest negative thing I would have to say would be about the manager. He could be a very cool guy but sometimes he really wanted you to know that he was the boss and he could kick you out for any reason, we felt kind of at his mercy. And I didn't like that he gave hell to his staff in front of everybody.

• 4th Jun 2014

It was a good stay! We were jet lagged for the 2 days we were there. The our room was at the front of the building which looked out over Hollywood boulevard and it was quite loud but that's the price you pay for the location. The only other negative is that the internet is quite slow but it does reach the bedrooms so that's a positive!

I stayed for 20 days at the Hollywood Youth International hostel, on my very first time in America. I got to meet a lot of people from all around the world, some pretty girls from Korea. The staff is just a bung of really cool people that do nothing but making your stay the way you expect it to be. Ibrahim, the night shift receptionist is a legitimate employee and a good person as well ! I really suggest this hostel

• 3rd Jun 2014

A good place to see hollywood, kitchen could do with updating, friendly and useful staff.

Location can't be beat-right off the boulevard&across the subway-makes traveling around LA easy. Events are planned regularly for guests to party & participate in. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bed/Bath clean, but average. No AC. WiFi is only is accessible downstairs. Community kitchen makes meal planning fairly easy. Building is very old-interior needs revamp-if the floors and paint were redone I think the place would have less of a "grungy" feel. You get your bang for your buck. :)

• 1st Jun 2014

So much fun!!!

Excellent location right on the walk of fame, clean, relaxed and comfortable.

• 27th May 2014

Dear future travelers looking for a place in LA, I strongly recommend this hostel. The atmosphere and staff is just AWESOME!!! I traveled to LA alone and at the end of the they I happened to hang out with 10 travelers from the hostel. The place is just in the heart of Hollywood boulevard and accessible to every place you want to. Devon, I would like to thank you one more time for your kind assistance during my stay!

• 23rd May 2014
  • Azerbaijan

You just have to know that the hollywood youth hostel is very well located close to the walk of fame, Rooms are ok and clean. no A/C so rooms are very hot at night. The satff were cool particulary Devon who was very kindly and friendly with all guest.. if you want to sleep forget it, music and party until 2 a.m

I really only stayed here as it was the cheapest. There seems to be lots of events taking place, though not sure if some of the walking tours if Hollywood actually happen, as the staff seem to be playing Fifa on the computer all day. They were mostly male staff and when they did put down their joysticks, they only seemed to speak to the prettier female guests, so I did feel a bit ignored. No one told me about the free breakfast when I checked in and as I result I missed it throughout my stay.

At first I was checked in by grumpy guy and his nice off sider, and thought, this will be a few days a boring place to be at, but then came Devan who was so sweet and totally helpful with all the guests, I was there for a good hour waiting for my phone to charge and saw him work all his charm with every type of guest. Well done. Lived ya work. Paint job to the place not really nice carpet probably needs ripping up, beds squeaky as hell but value for money, however would pay more if better.

This is a perfectly adequate hostel, you're not going to have some terrible experience here, but it's not excellent either. I wouldn't recommend staying during hot months as it is a concrete building with no air conditioning so it retains every bit of heat and some rooms don't have external windows. Staff are fine, but don't make a big effort to help you. It's clean. There is barely a kitchen, but laundry is fine.

If it's really hot in LA you better choose a hostel with AC because you will barely sleep in the night here

• 13th May 2014
  • Vietnam

I enjoyed my stay there! The staff are really helpfull and takes care of you.

• 12th May 2014
  • Sweden

Disliked: - Only 1 powerpoint + board in room - Have to pay to use lockers - Pillows some really thin - Adjustable shower rail not fixed, fell down on me mid shower - Shower was spraying from top and wet all our clothes in middle of bathroom - No free map of the area Loved: - Location! - Activities for guests

• 6th May 2014

some rooms are very hot, even at night