Hollywood Youth Hostel Reviews

6820 Hollywood Blvd, Los angeles, Los Angeles, USA

Very good location, easy to catch the metro and walk to many attractions in hollywood. the staffs are helpful too. But the only weak point is the front desk is on the second floor and there's no elevator,so it's quite difficult if you have a big and heavy luggage like me.

A Good hostel but too many curfews for a Central Hollywood Location. Internet connection was a joke for the best reception you had to sit on the stairs to the entrance or in the common room. A few of the staff had attitude, not with me personally but with other guests, particularly with people who english wasn't there first language. You would think working in a hostel staff would be more patient with this???

The good things are the location and price.

No internet connection in the rooms !!!

• 18th Jun 2014

it is close toeveryhing and good for sightseeing in hollywood; It is cse to the undergrud train as well. The hostel can do better for securty as some can ge hrough the door that is on the main road

Location is golden. Services are not. And don't be a minute late while checkout, or they'll add all sorts of charges.

it was a little bit hard to find your hostel. you'd better make a bigger sign for guests.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The room's floor a little bit not clean. It's very good location, but it's very very noise in the night!!

It took 45 minutes for them to check me in. because they were switching shifts. i gave them a $10 dollar key deposit that i thought i would get back . i only got $5 back because the receipt said $5. If you are staying here Make sure its says you gave a 10 dollar deposit ON THE RECEIPT. breakfast was leftover bread from yesterday served with peanut butter and jelly. i stayed in a 4 mix dorm. the roommates where nice. the mattress not so much its had black stains. i will never return

Be nice if the wifi was used in the bedrooms as its a bit limiting to just a couple of rooms so pees people off more than get them talking.

Staff were great!! really friendly atmosphere and everyone was super helpful. There are no individual lockers that you can use for free though with your own lock which was a bummer. Great location if you want to party!! Would recommend that people stay here!!!!

The Hotel is badly managed. The WIFI provided was very poor. The cleanliness of bathrooms and rooms was far from good. At the beginning the room that was assigned to us was occupied by other hosts. The dorms didn't have working lockers. The hostel security is very weak, anybody can enter the place easily. Our key deposit was retained for checking out only 15 minutes late. I could tolerate that in a place were everything works perfect, but this places is not such case.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed staying at Hollywood Youth Hostel and would highly recommend it. Great location, nice people and acceptable facilities. I would go back if ever in the Los Angeles area again.

• 10th Jun 2014

Lockers in rooms hard to use and door kept getting stuck open. Location was unbeatable - Opposite the station, shops, theatre, etc and in walk of fame. Staff friendly and helpful if a little distracted at times. Little interaction but was loads of info and staff very friendly. No toaster for the free breakfast or butter!! Showers hot and wifi fairly good considering it's free. Plus free use of computers. Would happily stay again!!

I really enjoyed my time at Hollywood youth hostel. The location is perfect, the staff really helpful and the youth hostel has everything you need. Otherwise, I wanted to rest a bit after a long day visiting and it was a bit difficult due to the noise of the street and roomates. I solved it with earplugs, though :-)

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Spain

It was my first time in LA! I would like to thank you the front desk man who was a gentleman helping me to find a van to the airport! Great experience in this hostel and in LA!!

I loved my stay at this hostel! The ambiance was very nice, most of the staff was really great! For the cleanliness, it really depends of which room you are put in. I think the biggest negative thing I would have to say would be about the manager. He could be a very cool guy but sometimes he really wanted you to know that he was the boss and he could kick you out for any reason, we felt kind of at his mercy. And I didn't like that he gave hell to his staff in front of everybody.

• 4th Jun 2014

It was a good stay! We were jet lagged for the 2 days we were there. The our room was at the front of the building which looked out over Hollywood boulevard and it was quite loud but that's the price you pay for the location. The only other negative is that the internet is quite slow but it does reach the bedrooms so that's a positive!

I stayed for 20 days at the Hollywood Youth International hostel, on my very first time in America. I got to meet a lot of people from all around the world, some pretty girls from Korea. The staff is just a bung of really cool people that do nothing but making your stay the way you expect it to be. Ibrahim, the night shift receptionist is a legitimate employee and a good person as well ! I really suggest this hostel

• 3rd Jun 2014

A good place to see hollywood, kitchen could do with updating, friendly and useful staff.