Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

The hostel was nice for a few days and well located, just the breakfast could be a bit more variant with more options and better quality...

In general all was fine.Some persons from the staff were really nice but 2 persons (out of 5 I met) behaved as if somebody forced them to work there. Manager - a really nice person in contrary to what I read before going there.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Poland

Very very good location and kind staff even there was no elevator, staff helped me. And room had has a bath room price was also good

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • South Korea

I really enjoy staying at the Hollywood and Highland Hostel. Richard and his staff always make me feel like I am at home and welcome. The atmosphere is friendly and the rooms clean. I would highly recommend this hostel for any travelers in the Los Angeles area.

Right on the Hollywood Stars walk, prime location. Old building, quite a steep stairs, would not recommend with heavy luggage. Door creaked very bad, but was oiled when I asked, great service. Free breakfast is milk, bread and peanutbutter.

This hostel is great, right in the heart of Hollywood Boulevard! The room was clean and a good size. There are lockers available for valuables (you'll need your own padlock). The staff were really friendly and helpful and kindly let us store our bags the day we checked out (and use the locker too!). We only had one night so didn't really use the kitchen but it looked good and clean. The manager was a nice guy too. Worth the slightly higher cost, would recommend.

Great location if you're looking to explore Hollywood. I also walked to West Hollywood in about 35 minutes (which in my opinion is a much better area to visit!) The hostel is quite small and quiet, but for what I needed it for it was fine.There's a free breakfast (toast and peanut butter, but who's complaining) and the staff are pretty friendly. Only complaint is there isn't a room for bag holding, so I had to leave my bags in the office and at one point I saw the office unattended.

• 15th Apr 2015

I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks. i would recommend it! Ok its not a 5* hotel. its a hostel, which is WAY better value than a single room in a hotel. Its very clean there are 2-3 staff cleaning for ages every morning. I did have some milk & cereals go AWOL but this was not the establishments fault & they were very apologetic about it. I would advise any guests to keep food that doesnt need refrigeration in their room! Lovely staff. all so helpful & sweet. excellent location with grocery nearby

• 5th Apr 2015

Been visiting and staying at this location for several years and it has actually improved. The Hostel is cleaner, staff friendlier and the value is about the best one could get in Hollywood.

• 21st Jan 2015

Looks like you are in a ghetto. The staff will remind you that you made a big mistake, and now you pay for it.

The manager a black guy who is drunk every evening. Keeps increasing rate and derogates/blames Hostels World to be responsible of rates misquotes and mismanagment. The truth is they have no idea of what they are doing. Anyone with a room and six bunkers doesnt become a dorm provider. Do yourselves a favor, dont book here. Stay sonewhere else as Hollywood Boulevard can be seen within few hours. Not much to explore.

The African-American manager opresses his staff and in turn the staff mistreats. Who gave them the license to be in hospitality business.

Hostels like these make the concept of hostels a failure.