Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Looks like you are in a ghetto. The staff will remind you that you made a big mistake, and now you pay for it.

The manager a black guy who is drunk every evening. Keeps increasing rate and derogates/blames Hostels World to be responsible of rates misquotes and mismanagment. The truth is they have no idea of what they are doing. Anyone with a room and six bunkers doesnt become a dorm provider. Do yourselves a favor, dont book here. Stay sonewhere else as Hollywood Boulevard can be seen within few hours. Not much to explore.

The African-American manager opresses his staff and in turn the staff mistreats. Who gave them the license to be in hospitality business.

Hostels like these make the concept of hostels a failure.

Where do I start?! I wouldn't go there again! I wanted to stay in a hostel to meet travelers from around the world and...however it felt like a place for local low income people and...

We enjoyed our stay here. Made the most of the fantastic location and nearby amenities. Would recommend groups of 5/6 to this hostel to book out entire rooms for security purposes. Otherwise great value for money!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Too cold inside the Room, bad Windows!! Room and bathroom Very clean. Bed not comfortable Very good location Nice and helpful workers

• 27th Dec 2014

It`'s a very good location and the money you pay to stay there is definitely low when compared to other hostels. But the facilities are very very poor and it's not clean at all.

I didn't like that I had to make my own bed. Also, I could never check out because there was nobody at the reception when I left.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

This place was great! It was the BEST location for people travelling. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• 21st Dec 2014

Super nice people, really helpful! Location is perfect.

• 21st Dec 2014

Great location, friendly staff. Rooms should have heating for days as hot as the last weekend , we were sweating all night long.

When we checked out of the hostel on 14th September, the member of staff was quite rude and direct wth us. There are better ways to wak with your guests. Otherwise the stadd were fine and pretty friendly. The security isn't so good, the front door opens onto hollywood boulevard and is always open drng the day and we had a key for our room but could access it without the key. There are some small lockers available to use t store valuables. Average breakfast provided of bread with pb&j.

Not that bad as in another reviews. And across the street is shopping mall where you can park for 8$ per day but If you stay there for 4 days and than you "lose" the parking ticket you will pay only for a lost ticket 8$. Just my experince may be different at your time.

Weid staff, dirty and very old kitchen and bathrooms. The worst hostel I ever been. Only the owner is a funny and polite guy

• 31st Aug 2014

Great location but the room was tiny for six people, not to mention very very warm with only a pathetic fan and tiny window for any kind of air. Beds felt like you were sleeping at sea - very rocky and some were very squeaky. The staff were unhelpful and not particularly welcoming, although did allow a refund for a member of our party who was unable to make it until the following evening. Everything was a bit run down and grubby, and there was a stale smell throughout the hostel.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel in a great location, staff very helpful. Groceries store below and opposite, everything located conviently

• 24th Aug 2014

Looks shabby--chipping paint, rusty/creaky beds/floors, few outlets & only half of them work, flat pillows, no AC only fan that is still stuffy and they make you keep the windows open to the outside. Security is iffy--they offer lockers in a common area, but you must provide a lock. The opening of the hostel onto the street immediately leads up to a long flight of stairs, (not secure if traveling alone with multiple bags as you have to leave one bag in the street while you haul the other up)

So this review may seem a little unfair, however, this is due to receiving an email the day i was due to stay (in fairness it had been sent the night before but I'd had no internet) informing me they had overbooked and could no longer accommodate me and my friend. They did offer to refund my deposit, and suggested two other hostels that might have space, while this effort was appreciated, but to be honest, that just isn't good enough. Looks to be a great location though as we drove past.

Unser Aufenthalt war sehr gut man hat sich wohl gefühlt. Die leute die dort gearbeitet haben waren sehr zuvorkommend und hilfsbereit! Da man vom hostel direkt aif den hollywood blvd fallen kann war es aber auch sehr laut da man die fenster nicht schließen konnte, weil es so warm war. Es waren aber in unserem 4 bett zimmer zwei Ventilatoren vorhanden. Die betten haben bisschen instabil gewirkt aber sie waren bequem! Alles in allem n guter ort fur 1 - 2 Nächte im Verhältnis zum preis!