Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Looks shabby--chipping paint, rusty/creaky beds/floors, few outlets & only half of them work, flat pillows, no AC only fan that is still stuffy and they make you keep the windows open to the outside. Security is iffy--they offer lockers in a common area, but you must provide a lock. The opening of the hostel onto the street immediately leads up to a long flight of stairs, (not secure if traveling alone with multiple bags as you have to leave one bag in the street while you haul the other up)

So this review may seem a little unfair, however, this is due to receiving an email the day i was due to stay (in fairness it had been sent the night before but I'd had no internet) informing me they had overbooked and could no longer accommodate me and my friend. They did offer to refund my deposit, and suggested two other hostels that might have space, while this effort was appreciated, but to be honest, that just isn't good enough. Looks to be a great location though as we drove past.

Unser Aufenthalt war sehr gut man hat sich wohl gefühlt. Die leute die dort gearbeitet haben waren sehr zuvorkommend und hilfsbereit! Da man vom hostel direkt aif den hollywood blvd fallen kann war es aber auch sehr laut da man die fenster nicht schließen konnte, weil es so warm war. Es waren aber in unserem 4 bett zimmer zwei Ventilatoren vorhanden. Die betten haben bisschen instabil gewirkt aber sie waren bequem! Alles in allem n guter ort fur 1 - 2 Nächte im Verhältnis zum preis!

Honestly as 2 chicks traveling together we were little creeped out by the staff. There were a lot of inappropriate comments to the both of us which made us feel uncomfortable. On a positive note it is in a fantastic location, rooms need aircon!

Rooms are really small, bathroom dirty, but the location is excellent.

IT was THERE, right on the Hollywood Bvd.When I first saw the entrance, I felt something was really wrong.I left my wife in the car and took my friend who drowe us to LA, inside to check. The steps up to 2'nd floor looked like something from the red lite distrikt with it's red old carpet. When manager would have cash right away, I asked him to show us the room. The room was hot as hell, dirty underwear everywhere on the floor, messy bed and a dirty towel over a clean bed. NEvER AGAIN.

The location is excellent although far from the airport. The facilities were limited and the lockers small. Bathroom was nice though. To be honest you stay here for the location and its not a terrible hostel. No air conditioning.

Great location and staff were friendly but the rooms were very small with one small fan as air conditioning which was not very useful. Breakfast was terrible and kitchen felt dirty. The bathroom was a state!!! I felt dirtier after I had showered. Towels were also at an extra cost. The atmosphere was strange. Another couple staying in the same room actaully I quote said 'Can you lock the door on your way out as theres a lot of weirdos around here' - Sums it up! Would not stay here again.

Staff is nice, dorms are good with a bathroom per dorm. Great location. the night I spent there was very hot though and there was no air con.

The hostel was OK. Linens/pillows are old and should be replaced, and the best rocked and squeaked with even the slightest movement; that should be fixed. We were happy with the washroom facilities! They were nice and clean/roomy.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great place to begin an adventure. Ours started here and we enjoyed every moment. The location is great and really accessible, especially if you want to venture out of hollywood and into LA outskirts. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting, as well as the staff, with a huge shout out to the manager, Richard, who was always willing to hang out and have a chat! All in all, our experience was great and had us referring to it as 'home'.

• 30th Jun 2014

The facilities was really bad. They said they offer breakfast but it's hardly to say breakfast. Just bread and peanut butter.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Very basic hostel but you get what you pay for, no aircon in the rooms and no lockers in rooms (small valuables lockers in the hall though), they also don't have laundry facilities but there is a launderette nearby.Really good location and the staff were friendly, I left too early to take advantage of the free breakfast. If your main concern is location then this hostel is great, close to the subway (connects to the flyaway bus which takes you straight to LAX) and its on the walk of fame.

I was there for 3 nights. Horrible hostel stay and worst time. Very shaky, dangerous and very noisy bunker beds. Room was so damn hot. Dirty walls. Staffs werent a bit helpful for anything, and had a bad attitude as if they are paying us to stay there. In short, I recommend to stay here only for its Location, which is right on Hollywood Blvd and hollywood's attraction. But for everything else, I donot recommend this hostel to anyone, and definitely not value for money.

The hostel was very clean and tidy which is great. The other great thing was the en suite bathroom. The downsides are that unfortunately a lot of sketchy people hang out around the front of the hostel and the front door only gets locked late at night so they could easily just walk in. Make sure you bring a padlock to lock your valuables away. Other downside is that there is zero atmosphere, there are tiny communal areas which nobody seems to use. Overall though it's pretty good value for money

Beds are not the best, specially if you have the upper ones.

Located on Hollywood Blvd. Very noisy all nights, small rooms and a lot of weired people here. Staff were ok but apart from that couldnt say too many good things. If you want to stay in Hollywood and need a place to sleep its ok I guess, but not more.

Great location on Hollywood blvd. Staff were fantastic and really helpful. Highly recommend!

The staff were really great and helpful, Alex and Richard in particular. They had a free BBQ one day which was amazing - even had homemade burgers and salad! The only thing I would say is the rooms are so tiny we couldn't really fit our stuff in but it didn't bother us too much. The location is ideal right on Hollywood boulevard and opposite fresh and easy.

I found the hostel good value for money, the rooms were a little small for my liking it was a little squashy in there at times. A part from that the staff were great and very helpful.