Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Great location if you're looking to explore Hollywood. I also walked to West Hollywood in about 35 minutes (which in my opinion is a much better area to visit!) The hostel is quite small and quiet, but for what I needed it for it was fine.There's a free breakfast (toast and peanut butter, but who's complaining) and the staff are pretty friendly. Only complaint is there isn't a room for bag holding, so I had to leave my bags in the office and at one point I saw the office unattended.

• 15th Apr 2015

I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks. i would recommend it! Ok its not a 5* hotel. its a hostel, which is WAY better value than a single room in a hotel. Its very clean there are 2-3 staff cleaning for ages every morning. I did have some milk & cereals go AWOL but this was not the establishments fault & they were very apologetic about it. I would advise any guests to keep food that doesnt need refrigeration in their room! Lovely staff. all so helpful & sweet. excellent location with grocery nearby

• 5th Apr 2015

Been visiting and staying at this location for several years and it has actually improved. The Hostel is cleaner, staff friendlier and the value is about the best one could get in Hollywood.

• 21st Jan 2015

Looks like you are in a ghetto. The staff will remind you that you made a big mistake, and now you pay for it.

The manager a black guy who is drunk every evening. Keeps increasing rate and derogates/blames Hostels World to be responsible of rates misquotes and mismanagment. The truth is they have no idea of what they are doing. Anyone with a room and six bunkers doesnt become a dorm provider. Do yourselves a favor, dont book here. Stay sonewhere else as Hollywood Boulevard can be seen within few hours. Not much to explore.

The African-American manager opresses his staff and in turn the staff mistreats. Who gave them the license to be in hospitality business.

Hostels like these make the concept of hostels a failure.

Where do I start?! I wouldn't go there again! I wanted to stay in a hostel to meet travelers from around the world and...however it felt like a place for local low income people and...

We enjoyed our stay here. Made the most of the fantastic location and nearby amenities. Would recommend groups of 5/6 to this hostel to book out entire rooms for security purposes. Otherwise great value for money!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Too cold inside the Room, bad Windows!! Room and bathroom Very clean. Bed not comfortable Very good location Nice and helpful workers

• 27th Dec 2014

It`'s a very good location and the money you pay to stay there is definitely low when compared to other hostels. But the facilities are very very poor and it's not clean at all.

I didn't like that I had to make my own bed. Also, I could never check out because there was nobody at the reception when I left.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

This place was great! It was the BEST location for people travelling. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• 21st Dec 2014

Super nice people, really helpful! Location is perfect.

• 21st Dec 2014