Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
10th Feb 2017
5.7

Excellent location right on Hollywood Boulevard. Some of the staff were lovely, most evidently pretty unhappy to be there. Which makes sense because I've never known a manager to be so verbally abusive to staff in my life. Swearing and yelling over tiny little things, right in earshot of the guests. The beds were really squeaky and shaky and the breakfast wasn't great. Some of the sheets seemed newer, the ones I got were pretty gross. Rooms were spacious enough. Lockers outside the rooms.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

Amazing time and fantastic staff

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
4th Feb 2017
8.0

Good hostel in a great location. I've been in many hostels and I understand living conditions tend to be less than any hotel but i found the room had a musky smell that me and my friends found quite strong. Staff were nice enough however. It was very quiet whilst we were there and we only stayed a night but if you are looking for a place to stay on Hollywood blvd for a short trip then this place is fine.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Jan 2017
6.6

Awful tacky decor. Wonderful hollywood location, good for getting around. The owner I often heard being quite abusive of staff. Serious like shouting matches. An employee was on the phone to what was clearly a customer who was disputing a fee however I walk in to ask a question and just after I walk in I hear through and intercom, in a full shot, "GET OFF THE PHONE IT'S NOT FOR PERSONAL USE YOU HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 15 MINUTES". the man tried to explain, but the boss would have none of it. Poor

• Norway, Female, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
4.9

the beds were making awful sounds. (prison-like, of steel) The rooms were really tiny.

• South Korea, Male, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

It was great and comfortable for me. If you choose this hostel, you will be disappointed about facilities of this hotel. But, I can ensure that the location give you super satisfaction.

• China, Male, 25-30
1st Jan 2017

Heart location and staff r good. Especially the lady from Taiwan. She is extremely passion always. Breakfast is simply but enough. Everything is awesome!

1st Jan 2017
7.7

Perfect location. Rooms a bit small but no problem. Other people was having trouble with the staff but that didn't concern me.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Dec 2016

Australian female traveller staying alone, this hostel was exactly what I needed for a cheap night close to all the sites of Hollywood Boulevard. Male manager and lady employee were lovely and always happy to help, I arrived home late one night and there was still someone to ask questions which was helpful. Male cleaning staff member was very rude, needs to work on social skills as he brings down the rapor built up by other staff members. Breakfast was great, thank you very much :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Dec 2016
4.9

Once we were finally showed into our rooms, I was shocked! The yellow walls were not only hideous, there was a plethora of unknown stains everywhere. Right, next to my bed I had a hole/stain and other brown spots throughout the wall next to me. The beds were not even made and I was handed sheets and ONE blanket for the remainder of my stay. They left the front door open to the hostel until midnight which did not make me feel safe at all and I felt like anyone could get in. The kitchen was dirty.