Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel

7.1
Very Good 627 Total Reviews

• Egypt, Female, 31-40
18th Mar 2017

The place is so convenient and just in the middle of the walk of fame. It is a walk distance from bus stops and metro station so you can visit downtown LA and beaches so easily. It is not a fancy place but suitable and safe for just sleep since we spent most of the day hanging out. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Moreover, the price is so reasonable which is important for international students like me whose budget is limited. I enjoyed it and I would recommend it

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017
7.7

The hostel is in a good location. We stayed one night at the Banana and Bungalo hostel and this one was better(Hollywood and highlands) But we had an issue with one of the managers because he was really rude to us when we checked out. Started yelling and being dissrispectfull because we couldn't understand what he was saying since he had rap music on So loud we couldn't hear him . We just wanted our key deposit back and he even asked my friend to leave for no reason at all.

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Mar 2017
6.6

The girl with the greeny blue hair was very mysterious, what is she hiding behind those sunglasses? Wish I asked for her name and number.

25th Feb 2017
6.3

Honestly this hostel felt a bit uncomfortable. Not the worst hostel I have stayed but certainly not the best. Walk of fame on the same street was a better experience. My friend and I both felt a little uneasy when we were reminded a half hour before to turn in our keys and check out. To be fair we did get good advise by the staff when we arrived at the hostel. I recommend this hostel mostly if you plan on just going in and out since the location is great.

• chlloemorris
  • England, Female, 18-24
24th Feb 2017
3.1

We wish we had stayed in the walk of fame hostel down the road! This was so unclean, you get old blankets instead of actual bedsheets, the bunkbeds are woeful they are just tiny and dainty, designed for young kids not 20+ year olds, some members of staff are nice but some are really unnecessarily rude & unhelpful, just really weird vibes there, no security and really dodgy lock on front door which means people struggle to get in & have to ring the doorbell waking everyone up in the meantime.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
10th Feb 2017
5.7

Excellent location right on Hollywood Boulevard. Some of the staff were lovely, most evidently pretty unhappy to be there. Which makes sense because I've never known a manager to be so verbally abusive to staff in my life. Swearing and yelling over tiny little things, right in earshot of the guests. The beds were really squeaky and shaky and the breakfast wasn't great. Some of the sheets seemed newer, the ones I got were pretty gross. Rooms were spacious enough. Lockers outside the rooms.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

Amazing time and fantastic staff

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
4th Feb 2017
8.0

Good hostel in a great location. I've been in many hostels and I understand living conditions tend to be less than any hotel but i found the room had a musky smell that me and my friends found quite strong. Staff were nice enough however. It was very quiet whilst we were there and we only stayed a night but if you are looking for a place to stay on Hollywood blvd for a short trip then this place is fine.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Jan 2017
6.6

Awful tacky decor. Wonderful hollywood location, good for getting around. The owner I often heard being quite abusive of staff. Serious like shouting matches. An employee was on the phone to what was clearly a customer who was disputing a fee however I walk in to ask a question and just after I walk in I hear through and intercom, in a full shot, "GET OFF THE PHONE IT'S NOT FOR PERSONAL USE YOU HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 15 MINUTES". the man tried to explain, but the boss would have none of it. Poor

• Norway, Female, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
4.9

the beds were making awful sounds. (prison-like, of steel) The rooms were really tiny.