Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Wi-fi doesn't work at all. My bed didn't have access to a plug.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Japan

I only spent one night there, but it was a nice, clean place and in a perfect location. Staff was very nice and helpful. I definitely recommend this place.

There were no AC. It was hot as hell

The location of the hostel is excellent! It's located directly at the Hollywood Blvd. so you are in the centre of one of the tourist spots of LA. It's not very clean, but unless you're very fussy it should be ok for a few days. All in all the price is ok concerning the very good location.

This place was ok if you are just looking for a bed. It was clean and in a perfect location to get around with buses and the metro. The staff weren't very helpful with suggestions or directions, no info flyers in reception for trips or tours, and there is absolutely no air con in the rooms and it was unbearably hot that you couldn't sleep properly!!

The hostel had best location. But facility was terrible and old. Stuff are good and kind. That's it.

The place was extremely dirty and the bathroom was something out of a saw movie. The beds moves uncontrollably whenever you moved, I was terrified it was going to break!!

Do not recommend! Many of my stuff including food ans clothes were stolen from the room and no one from the staff cared about it

Very small room, no electricity in the room, only one extension for the whole room. Very hot, only one fan for the whole room. No security at all, they have only tiny locker, no bag can fit there, everyone can go into the hostel and into the rooms. Old mattresses, dirty bathrooms, dirty reception. Sum up, worse place that I have stayed. Not recommended. Don't stay there

Hostel had a weird vibe as soon as I arrived. It was more like a halfway house then a hostel really as seemed like a group of people lived there permanently. 'Breakfast' was bread and jam.. Not even margarine to go on the toast. Staff were kind of rude and would come into rooms and Ask for your name etc, without even introducing them self . Also I think there was a child living there which was kind of weird. Rooms were unbearably hot. Good location though, right in the heart of things.

We enjoyed our stay at Hollywood Highland Hostel, mostly because it's located directly at the Walk of Fame and the accessibility by Metro and Bus. The one thing that was really disappointing though was the breakfast. If it says including breakfast on the website, we would expect a little more than just peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The kitchen was too small for all the guests, too, so a lot of guests had to eat their breakfast standing. Overall good for the money, but room for improvement.

• 9th Jul 2015

Gross facilities! Vulgar manager! He needs to be fired! Kitchen and refrigerator, horribly GROSS! Bad mistake to stay there! Never ever again!

• 9th Jul 2015

If you're scroogy, go for it. You don't have to get up from your bed to see Elvis rocking on the street. But you get what you pay for: 6 bed dorm was tight, airless (despite the fan) and loud (because of the fan). It was relatively clean, the staff was nice (even the infamous manager). Don't forget to bring your own padlock (although you can buy one in liquor store downstairs).

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Poland

The hostel was nice for a few days and well located, just the breakfast could be a bit more variant with more options and better quality...

In general all was fine.Some persons from the staff were really nice but 2 persons (out of 5 I met) behaved as if somebody forced them to work there. Manager - a really nice person in contrary to what I read before going there.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Poland

Very very good location and kind staff even there was no elevator, staff helped me. And room had has a bath room price was also good

I really enjoy staying at the Hollywood and Highland Hostel. Richard and his staff always make me feel like I am at home and welcome. The atmosphere is friendly and the rooms clean. I would highly recommend this hostel for any travelers in the Los Angeles area.

Right on the Hollywood Stars walk, prime location. Old building, quite a steep stairs, would not recommend with heavy luggage. Door creaked very bad, but was oiled when I asked, great service. Free breakfast is milk, bread and peanutbutter.

This hostel is great, right in the heart of Hollywood Boulevard! The room was clean and a good size. There are lockers available for valuables (you'll need your own padlock). The staff were really friendly and helpful and kindly let us store our bags the day we checked out (and use the locker too!). We only had one night so didn't really use the kitchen but it looked good and clean. The manager was a nice guy too. Worth the slightly higher cost, would recommend.

Great location if you're looking to explore Hollywood. I also walked to West Hollywood in about 35 minutes (which in my opinion is a much better area to visit!) The hostel is quite small and quiet, but for what I needed it for it was fine.There's a free breakfast (toast and peanut butter, but who's complaining) and the staff are pretty friendly. Only complaint is there isn't a room for bag holding, so I had to leave my bags in the office and at one point I saw the office unattended.

• 15th Apr 2015