Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Great value.

• 22nd Jan 2016

The hostel is in a very convenient location (close to many LA attractions on the Hollywood Blvd) and it is quite cheap, however, you get what you pay for. I booked a 6-bed dorm, but was placed into an 8-bed one that smelled horribly - even the staff member himself told me that (and that I can ask to be moved to another room if it is too bad). The hostel does not have any kind of heating, so if you travel during winter, you will be very cold. The main door is always open all day (till late hours)

Not a good place at all.

• 11th Dec 2015

i was very comfortable. great shower close to everything perfect. nice people :)

• 5th Dec 2015

Two-Words: LOCATION & AFFORDABILITY PROS: Rich, the senior manager at the property was a pleasure to work and conversate with. Junior managers, were a hit or miss to talk to in terms of personality. The building is old, smells, but they do clean the entire property daily which was a suitable trade-off. CONS: It's an old building and the rooms do have a musty smell to them. The only other con IMO was the janitor has a noticeable chip on his shoulder towards life.

the staff were very creepy, rude and annoying - the manager stares at you and peaks into your room when the doors open as well as talks a load of rubbish to you. Sense the tone, if I'm not replying I don't want to talk now stop cornering me. It was intimidating & they do not know how to treat customers / eachother. dirty, musty, broken down, horrible atmosphere like a murderer had been there, bathrooms = pure filth and would've been cleaner not using them ( COULD WRITE MORE DONT HAVE SPACE)

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Wales

Probably my best stay in LA. It is in Hollywood which is great for sightseeing and such. Staff was really helpful in setting up the amenities.

I really enjoyed staying there.

• 19th Oct 2015

Most people stay one night that's what I recommend...the hostel is actually fine on the whole, but just seems a bit dodgy on entry. More than one staff member is hard to talk to and is awkward when asking any questions. Location is brilliant but the hostel needs a lick of paint inside, the beds are pretty bad and the carpet is old and worn. No air conditioning is a bit annoying, they do have fans which help but isn't convenient.

Horrible hostel .

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

The reason we are a horrible hostel is? these ladies were at disneyland and not checked in here at the hostel. at 11pm they called and said they were not going to arrive here until 2am because they were having dinner. we told them that we close at midnight and it would be unacceptable. they arrived on time. my staff apologized to them. they did not care and gave us this crappy description.

Nice and helpful staff and excellent location but... the rooms are really really small, no space for luggages and almost everything in the kitchen is disposable. That's the only think I really didn't like at all, no respect for the enviroment. It's not difficult or expensive to buy cuttlery and plates and to make guests washing them instead of producing everydays mountains of plastic. Please think about it! LOve our planet!!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • San Marino

Pros: location Cons: although the room have been cleaned every day, the room had a bed smell. There's no air conditioning so impossible to stay if the weather is hot.

The breakfast was good. Most of the staff was very very nice and absolutely comfortable to stay with. Everything was easy and fast to deal with. The location is very central but thats also why it can get loud at night. All in all good job and a nice stay!

• 13th Sep 2015

Staff is really nice and kind . but room is bad. Too hot and bed makes noisy

• 1st Sep 2015
  • South Korea

The hostel was in a good location and that's about it. Directly on the walk of fame however the door to the hostel was always left open allowing lots of people to just wander in, the handle to our door nearly off showing someone had tried to break it, very dirty facilities, breakfast stale however the staff were polite

This hostel sits in the heart of Hollywood and is well placed for exploring LA. The staff were very courteous and waited up late to check us in when our bus was delayed passed midnight for which we were very grateful. The hostel was clean and had a basic kitchen with a small but cosy balcony for chilling out at night. Students of music will love the beds as they share your love of making sound and will harmonize to any movement you make. The open staircase entrance is a bit of a security concern

The location of this hostel was unreal, couldn't knock it at all. We were upgraded to an 8 person room with only my group of 5 boys in there with an air conditioner which was great. Downside was that the wifi was basically non-existent the whole time we were there and the towels/facilities needed an upgrade as they were well aged and shocking. Not bad overall but could be better

The location is amazing however our sheets and other linens were dirty. If you get your own room then it's fine but I don't how safe i would feel in a shared room. The staff are helpful.

• 20th Aug 2015

Wi-fi doesn't work at all. My bed didn't have access to a plug.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Japan

I only spent one night there, but it was a nice, clean place and in a perfect location. Staff was very nice and helpful. I definitely recommend this place.