Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Great location, friendly staff. Rooms should have heating for days as hot as the last weekend , we were sweating all night long.

Weid staff, dirty and very old kitchen and bathrooms. The worst hostel I ever been. Only the owner is a funny and polite guy

• 31st Aug 2014

Great location but the room was tiny for six people, not to mention very very warm with only a pathetic fan and tiny window for any kind of air. Beds felt like you were sleeping at sea - very rocky and some were very squeaky. The staff were unhelpful and not particularly welcoming, although did allow a refund for a member of our party who was unable to make it until the following evening. Everything was a bit run down and grubby, and there was a stale smell throughout the hostel.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel in a great location, staff very helpful. Groceries store below and opposite, everything located conviently

• 24th Aug 2014

Looks shabby--chipping paint, rusty/creaky beds/floors, few outlets & only half of them work, flat pillows, no AC only fan that is still stuffy and they make you keep the windows open to the outside. Security is iffy--they offer lockers in a common area, but you must provide a lock. The opening of the hostel onto the street immediately leads up to a long flight of stairs, (not secure if traveling alone with multiple bags as you have to leave one bag in the street while you haul the other up)

So this review may seem a little unfair, however, this is due to receiving an email the day i was due to stay (in fairness it had been sent the night before but I'd had no internet) informing me they had overbooked and could no longer accommodate me and my friend. They did offer to refund my deposit, and suggested two other hostels that might have space, while this effort was appreciated, but to be honest, that just isn't good enough. Looks to be a great location though as we drove past.

Unser Aufenthalt war sehr gut man hat sich wohl gefühlt. Die leute die dort gearbeitet haben waren sehr zuvorkommend und hilfsbereit! Da man vom hostel direkt aif den hollywood blvd fallen kann war es aber auch sehr laut da man die fenster nicht schließen konnte, weil es so warm war. Es waren aber in unserem 4 bett zimmer zwei Ventilatoren vorhanden. Die betten haben bisschen instabil gewirkt aber sie waren bequem! Alles in allem n guter ort fur 1 - 2 Nächte im Verhältnis zum preis!

We have spent three weeks traveling in 4 states and staying in many different places. But this one is definitely the worst ever. I regret that we decided to take this one in order to have a good location. Much better option is to stay in some other areas in the city and then just come to this boulevard just for a short. Even though there was a breakfast included, everything in that kitchen looked disgusting, so we left to have breakfast somewhere else.

Honestly as 2 chicks traveling together we were little creeped out by the staff. There were a lot of inappropriate comments to the both of us which made us feel uncomfortable. On a positive note it is in a fantastic location, rooms need aircon!

Rooms are really small, bathroom dirty, but the location is excellent.

IT was THERE, right on the Hollywood Bvd.When I first saw the entrance, I felt something was really wrong.I left my wife in the car and took my friend who drowe us to LA, inside to check. The steps up to 2'nd floor looked like something from the red lite distrikt with it's red old carpet. When manager would have cash right away, I asked him to show us the room. The room was hot as hell, dirty underwear everywhere on the floor, messy bed and a dirty towel over a clean bed. NEvER AGAIN.

By far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Booked a 6 man dorm, we were put in a cramped 8 man dorm. The heat was horrendous. We had booked an ensuite, and while there was an ensuite attached to our rooom, it was shared with the entire hostel as we later discovered there were only two working showers in the entire place. Above and beyond a disgrace, we would not recommend this kip to our worst enemies. While the location is excellent, this place is expensive for what you get.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is excellent although far from the airport. The facilities were limited and the lockers small. Bathroom was nice though. To be honest you stay here for the location and its not a terrible hostel. No air conditioning.

Great location and staff were friendly but the rooms were very small with one small fan as air conditioning which was not very useful. Breakfast was terrible and kitchen felt dirty. The bathroom was a state!!! I felt dirtier after I had showered. Towels were also at an extra cost. The atmosphere was strange. Another couple staying in the same room actaully I quote said 'Can you lock the door on your way out as theres a lot of weirdos around here' - Sums it up! Would not stay here again.

Staff is nice, dorms are good with a bathroom per dorm. Great location. the night I spent there was very hot though and there was no air con.

The hostel was OK. Linens/pillows are old and should be replaced, and the best rocked and squeaked with even the slightest movement; that should be fixed. We were happy with the washroom facilities! They were nice and clean/roomy.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great place to begin an adventure. Ours started here and we enjoyed every moment. The location is great and really accessible, especially if you want to venture out of hollywood and into LA outskirts. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting, as well as the staff, with a huge shout out to the manager, Richard, who was always willing to hang out and have a chat! All in all, our experience was great and had us referring to it as 'home'.

• 30th Jun 2014

The facilities was really bad. They said they offer breakfast but it's hardly to say breakfast. Just bread and peanut butter.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Very basic hostel but you get what you pay for, no aircon in the rooms and no lockers in rooms (small valuables lockers in the hall though), they also don't have laundry facilities but there is a launderette nearby.Really good location and the staff were friendly, I left too early to take advantage of the free breakfast. If your main concern is location then this hostel is great, close to the subway (connects to the flyaway bus which takes you straight to LAX) and its on the walk of fame.

I was there for 3 nights. Horrible hostel stay and worst time. Very shaky, dangerous and very noisy bunker beds. Room was so damn hot. Dirty walls. Staffs werent a bit helpful for anything, and had a bad attitude as if they are paying us to stay there. In short, I recommend to stay here only for its Location, which is right on Hollywood Blvd and hollywood's attraction. But for everything else, I donot recommend this hostel to anyone, and definitely not value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7