Hollywood and Highland Hostel and Hotel Reviews

70381/2 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

The hostel was OK. Linens/pillows are old and should be replaced, and the best rocked and squeaked with even the slightest movement; that should be fixed. We were happy with the washroom facilities! They were nice and clean/roomy.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great place to begin an adventure. Ours started here and we enjoyed every moment. The location is great and really accessible, especially if you want to venture out of hollywood and into LA outskirts. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting, as well as the staff, with a huge shout out to the manager, Richard, who was always willing to hang out and have a chat! All in all, our experience was great and had us referring to it as 'home'.

• 30th Jun 2014

The facilities was really bad. They said they offer breakfast but it's hardly to say breakfast. Just bread and peanut butter.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Very basic hostel but you get what you pay for, no aircon in the rooms and no lockers in rooms (small valuables lockers in the hall though), they also don't have laundry facilities but there is a launderette nearby.Really good location and the staff were friendly, I left too early to take advantage of the free breakfast. If your main concern is location then this hostel is great, close to the subway (connects to the flyaway bus which takes you straight to LAX) and its on the walk of fame.

I was there for 3 nights. Horrible hostel stay and worst time. Very shaky, dangerous and very noisy bunker beds. Room was so damn hot. Dirty walls. Staffs werent a bit helpful for anything, and had a bad attitude as if they are paying us to stay there. In short, I recommend to stay here only for its Location, which is right on Hollywood Blvd and hollywood's attraction. But for everything else, I donot recommend this hostel to anyone, and definitely not value for money.

The hostel was very clean and tidy which is great. The other great thing was the en suite bathroom. The downsides are that unfortunately a lot of sketchy people hang out around the front of the hostel and the front door only gets locked late at night so they could easily just walk in. Make sure you bring a padlock to lock your valuables away. Other downside is that there is zero atmosphere, there are tiny communal areas which nobody seems to use. Overall though it's pretty good value for money

Beds are not the best, specially if you have the upper ones.

Located on Hollywood Blvd. Very noisy all nights, small rooms and a lot of weired people here. Staff were ok but apart from that couldnt say too many good things. If you want to stay in Hollywood and need a place to sleep its ok I guess, but not more.

Great location on Hollywood blvd. Staff were fantastic and really helpful. Highly recommend!

The staff were really great and helpful, Alex and Richard in particular. They had a free BBQ one day which was amazing - even had homemade burgers and salad! The only thing I would say is the rooms are so tiny we couldn't really fit our stuff in but it didn't bother us too much. The location is ideal right on Hollywood boulevard and opposite fresh and easy.

I found the hostel good value for money, the rooms were a little small for my liking it was a little squashy in there at times. A part from that the staff were great and very helpful.

At least a ceiling fan in the bedrooms/ some aircon would be good. My room was full and all bar one checked out the next morning because of the heat.

The location and price can't be beat for staying in LA, you are right on Hollywood Blvd a stones throw away from the Chinese theater and right out front there is a taxi waiting area as well as a bus stop making getting around a breeze.

The only thing I hate the most is that in my stay of 5 days the wi fi NEVER worked! But in general the place is great and the location too and the staff was very nice! I totally recommend!

• 9th May 2014

Great Location, in the heart of Hollywood. Friendly staff too maybe just needs better kitchen facilities. Overall a great hostel to stay at

Super friendly staff!

• 30th Apr 2014

Great hostel, awesome staff, excellent location! It's quiet, not a party hostel (the one down the road is), but friendly atmosphere, basic brekky, and good value.

super nice staffs, excellent location, two thumbs up, highly recommended

The best place to stay in Hollywood. Good charge per room and it has toilet in each room. It is locate a couple street to principal metro station and the best place to visit it is so close from the hostel. Good Staff. I recommend to you.

The location is just super strategic. That's what you pay for. It wasn't super clean but is ok. At least I'm relieve when I know I'm staying there right in the middle of Hollywood.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7