Hong Kong Star Hostel Reviews

11/F, Block E, Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I told them that I would arrive at 23.00, I arrived one hour later than that and they had given my reservation away. They tod me it is standard policy after 23.00. I told them I would come at 23, why didn't they warn me? Had to sleep in Mac Donald's after 24 hour long journey. Room cannot be locked, no one has a key, everyone can walk in and take your suitcase if you are not there. Small cockroaches were climbing around on walls and ceiling. Owner has serious attitude problem.

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff gave my room to someone else as I arrived 1 hour later than expected. For the only remaining room I had to pay HK$ 300 more and the hostess told me : "You pay, or if you don't want to pay you can find another hostel." WELCOME TO HONG KONG ! The room was awfully dirty, especially the bathroom as I could see the filth all over the shower and the sink ! EURK ! Then I had to pay again to leave my luggage at the reception before departure! SCANDALOUS!!!

Worst!! We've stayed at dozens and dozens of hostels. This poor place. Definitely need to clean up. As soon as we checked in our room we had to take care of a roach crawling across the wall. I don't mind spartan hostels but come on, I shouldn't have to worry about roaches creeping around during my slumber. The staff was unfriendly. NO GOOD MORAL CHARACTER & not good in English. What pissed me off so much is that the 3 of us has separate in room. Please wag kayo pabook d2. maccra lng araw nyo.

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Philippines

VIVIAN THANKS FOR COMMENT, YOU BOOKNIG IS DORM BED, BOOKED 3 BED, AT THE DATE OF CHECKIN, WE DON'T HAVE 3 BEDS IN SAME ROOM, THAT WHY CAN'T CHANGE YOUR 3 BEDS IN SAME ROOM, MANY THANKS.

It is a very cheap hostel so pls don't expect to much.