Hong Kong Star Hostel Reviews

11/F, Block E, Chung King Mansion, 36-44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I told them that I would arrive at 23.00, I arrived one hour later than that and they had given my reservation away. They tod me it is standard policy after 23.00. I told them I would come at 23, why didn't they warn me? Had to sleep in Mac Donald's after 24 hour long journey. Room cannot be locked, no one has a key, everyone can walk in and take your suitcase if you are not there. Small cockroaches were climbing around on walls and ceiling. Owner has serious attitude problem.

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff gave my room to someone else as I arrived 1 hour later than expected. For the only remaining room I had to pay HK$ 300 more and the hostess told me : "You pay, or if you don't want to pay you can find another hostel." WELCOME TO HONG KONG ! The room was awfully dirty, especially the bathroom as I could see the filth all over the shower and the sink ! EURK ! Then I had to pay again to leave my luggage at the reception before departure! SCANDALOUS!!!

Worst!! We've stayed at dozens and dozens of hostels. This poor place. Definitely need to clean up. As soon as we checked in our room we had to take care of a roach crawling across the wall. I don't mind spartan hostels but come on, I shouldn't have to worry about roaches creeping around during my slumber. The staff was unfriendly. NO GOOD MORAL CHARACTER & not good in English. What pissed me off so much is that the 3 of us has separate in room. Please wag kayo pabook d2. maccra lng araw nyo.

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Philippines

VIVIAN THANKS FOR COMMENT, YOU BOOKNIG IS DORM BED, BOOKED 3 BED, AT THE DATE OF CHECKIN, WE DON'T HAVE 3 BEDS IN SAME ROOM, THAT WHY CAN'T CHANGE YOUR 3 BEDS IN SAME ROOM, MANY THANKS.

It is a very cheap hostel so pls don't expect to much.

This is the worst place to stay. They have a HORRIBLE infestation of bed bugs. There are cockaroaches everywhere. The beds were smaller than twins. They fit 5 bunk beds in the smallest room. They would turn off the central switch to the AC and it would get ridiculously muggie. They said there was 24 hour security because someone sleeps in the office, but when they are sleeping anyone can walk in. The main office does not face the entry way. There are no locks on the doors. The staff doesnt care!

never go there again

• 27th Jun 2013
  • South Korea

Most of facilities is unavailble. They written that is living room, kitchen, etc, but there is nothing, ever there is no paper at toiltet. Only one bathroom for all floor. I saw cockroaches. Beds something like 185cm x 50 xm with out railing, so you affriaid that do not fall. On wikipedia about Chungking Mansions you can read that is fire trap. Security is bad, everybody can come from a street by staircase. I ask for money back then guy scream for me! I resigned from money i found better place.

The service of the hostel was so poor. I went to Hongkong with my sister to have fun there and to make some good memories of us. Since I made a huge mistake choosing this poor place, we were so upset while staying in Hongkong. It wasn't that cheap and also even we booked the private twin beds room, they just put us to the 4 beds dorm at the first 3days since the room we booked was already gone for other people. Later we could get the right room but we were alredy! totally MAD at the Hostel.

Be careful on dimensions of the room. I rented single room and then I was suprised - the dimensions of room was about 1,0 x 2,0 meters with turkich toilet and shower. The length of bed was 160 cm. Place is in the center.

The room was little bit to small for four persons. Besides air conditioner was set to blow to one of beds and we needed to change it manually each time we've turned it on. The cleaning lady was rather unpleasand to us and couldn't speak any english. Each time she seemed to talk to us in very unpolite way (in chinese of course). Besides she's been changing leaver's bed sheets before check-out hours so it was very possible to be asked to leave your bed before check-out hours.