Hospedaje Penthouse 1004 Reviews

San Martin 127 Piso 10 dpto. 1004, Bariloche, Argentina

The hostel had a great view and had good facilities. The staff were also very helpful and can arrange for activities around the area. Really enjoyed my stay there.

Excelente hostel, spectacular view of Bariloche, good facilities, nice kitchen and common areas, quiet. Half block from the main square. It's a bit noisy on weekends( friday-saturday) because is close to the clubs of San Martín And around. I recommend this hostel to stay in Bariloche.

The overall hostel set up of the hostel is very homey and the view from the terrace is spectacular. I loved that the large kitchen space could accommodate everyone. All staff members were very helpful, but not very friendly at all. I understand the need for rules in a hostel, but the amount of signs around the hostel becomes annoying and ridiculous. All in all an ok stay.

• 11th Sep 2014

Wow wow and wow. Definitely one of the best hostels I´ve stayed in so far and deserving of their hostel of the year award. The staff were very friendly and baked fresh babana bread one evening which was delicious!! The views from this 10th floor hostel are just spectacular - blue skies meets snow capped mountains meets lake. I was very sad to leave. Such a relaxing atmosphere. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much Emma for your great comments! We really appreciate your mention of our deserved prize! Hope to welcoming you again any time. Lots of love from all of us!

If you are deciding on hostels in bariloche, pick this hostel. If for nothing else then the fact you can sit in comfort on excellent wifi, after using their quite frankly extensive kitchen enjoying THAT VIEW. You are unlikely to have another hostel experience like it. Staff were always available and knowledgeable. It's a very popular hostel so evenings always have a sociable atmosphere. My most recommendable hostel on a 4 month trip of South America.

Thank you dear Max, your review is so rewarding for us! We hope to welcome you again in the future. Kind regards!

One of the hostels that I would have no problems going back. Great location peaceful atmosphere, not a party hostel, so no matter what age this hostel is a gem. The views of the lake and mtns are beautiful.

Thank you Brian, your comments is so good! And the score so helpful!

Best hostel i've ever was! The staff was so lovely and helpfull! the atmosphere couldn't be better!! Very clean!! I was my first time traveling alone and was one of my best trips ever!! If you are going to Bariloche stay there! Muchas gracias Penthouse! Renato Olmos

• 30th Jul 2014

Thank you so much dear Renato! Your comment is so great!! Hope to receive in our home again! Lots of love.

Prime location in Bariloche, beautiful view of the city, and an amazing kitchen to cook in.

Thank you so much for your review! We really apprecciate!

Great place, great staff, great atmosphere, great kitchen, incredibly hostel with spectacular views. Laid back and fun but also well organized. We LOVED THIS PLACE.

Thank you so much for your espectacular comments! We really appreciate it! Kind regards!

One of the best hostels I've ever been. Well located, excellent view to the lake and the staff is great!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you so much for the excellents comments! Very helpful and really appreciate by us! We enjoy your staying with us! Hope to see you again as you are not that far ... Lots of love!

Amazing hostel with amazing views! The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, and all of the rooms were clean and warm. The only problem I had was the showers sputter randomly.

• 1st Jul 2014

Thank you for the great score you gave us! We love you like to stay here! Kind regards!

I had only just started my journey & my experiences with hostels when I stayed in Penthouse 1004 but I fear that this hostel may have ruined all others for me. Large comfortable common areas, professional level kitchen (3 gas hobs/ovens), delicious homemade bread for breakfast. Exceptionally friendly & accommodating staff. Superb location. I had seriously considered extending my stay but other adventures awaited. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone heading to Bariloche.

Dear , thank so much for such a marvellous comment! You made us laugh as well! We hope you can return to visit us again in the future! Lots of Love!

Loved the common area and there was plenty of space in the kitchen for cooking. The signs everywhere annoyed me though, everything was labelled with instructions and I felt like being back in school.

It is really a shame that you have been bothered by the signs, there are people who do not need them, and many others can enjoy much more thanks to them! Thank you for your review and hope to receive you again in our home! Kind regards!

Really nice stay. The staff were great in their advice for which treks to do, atmosphere was very friendly and the view was stunning. Thanks guys

Thanks to you dear! We really appreciate your review and the time taken on writing it! Kind regards and hope to see you again!

One of the best we've had our trip staff were great nice clean and stunning views thank you!!!!

Thank you so much for your great comment! Hope to receive you again and for more time! Lots of regards!

There's no doubt the view is stunning, but the inside of the hostel is a bit of a dark rabbit warren that could do with updating. There was a nice atmosphere between travellers, but I found the signs everywhere requesting you not to do this and that quite annoying, and sometimes patronising.

Thank you for your comments. We will try to improve the darkness. Signals are to facilitate and maintain the order by the coexistence with so many people we do not believe it could causes discomfort. But thanks again for what you said!

Really comfortable, social hostel with a great view of the lake! Nice breakfast with homemade bread. Excellent clean kitchen and clean rooms and bathrooms! Staff are nice but could be more informed about activities in the area. Definitely recommend!

Thank you for your helpful review! We will do the best to improve this topic. Thanks again! And hope to see you in the future!

Great hostel, loved the cabin feel and the fact that it was so well managed. Great spot, staff and facilities

Thank you dear Monique for your sensitive comment, is very special for us. Lots of love from all of us!

Great hostel great vibe amazing view from hostel, staff are very helpful. Don't think don't bother looking at any other hostel book this one.

Thank you so much for your beautiful comments! Hope to see you again!

Of all the hostels you'll stay in during your trip, be it a long weekend or a RWT, you'll almost certainly talk about this place more than any other (possibly more than all of the other hostels put together). Firstly, all of the basics are there: clean, spacious, great atmosphere, amazing staff, lovely breakfast, etc. What makes this the HW Best Hostel in Argentina is the view from the balcony - perfect view of the lake and mountains. Spend 10 seconds on the balcony and you'll know what I mean.

Dear: We greatly appreciate your fantastic comment, it's really very valuable for us. It was a pleasure to have received you as a guest in our home. Kind regards.