Hospedaje Penthouse 1004 Reviews

San Martin 127 Piso 10 dpto. 1004, Bariloche, Argentina

Fantastic views and kitchen facilities. Only way to improve the place would be to institute a no over 35s policy, when we were there during peak season the place was overrun by over 50s, which made it hard to meet like minded travellers.

Don't get my review wrong, it's a good hostel but for that score I expected something more. The best about that place is the view. Despite the view it's a solid hostel but nothing extraordinary. Plus: big kitchen, nice common area Neutral: the bathrooms lil run down, Staff is professional but feels like they doing it for years and guests are just guests. Nothing wrong with that but I felt more welcome in other places. Minus: WiFi doesn't work all the time in the dorm. Annoying!

I arrived at this hostel with the intention of just stating for 4 days and ended up staying for over 2 weeks! The views are absolutely stunning, the staff are really friendly and it's super clean. I've been in other hostels in Bariloche and this one is by far the best. The location is ideal. It's close to the lake and lots of shops. Getting to the hikes by bus is really easy and it's also easy to hitchhike (and that's free!). I would without a doubt stay here again.

Fantastic hostel ! Clean, big living room, big kitchen, very friendly personal and fantastic view on bariloche! I recommend it!!!

It is nothing but the best hostel I've ever stayed. Beautiful house with one of the best views to Nahuel Huapi, staff more than friendly, fully equipped kitchen, safe, well located. What a nice and peaceful atmosphere, even the soundtrack was great. We felt like home, was sad to leave.

• 13th Jan 2016

great view

Awesome hostel! Great location. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Probably the best hostel kitchen I've ever seen (lots of space and utensils to use). The common areas were super spacious too.

Fabulous place to meet people. Great common area and kitchen! The view can't be beat. I went back after a trek but they were booked full. Staff called around till the found me a place. They also did everything they could to assist me plan activities and get around. This was my first stop in Argentina off the plane. They made me feel comfortable right away. Very clean and unlike the place I'm staying now which costs more they have a real shower stall vs using the bathroom floor.

• 6th Jan 2016

Very close to downtown. Lots of shared bathrooms. Chill atmosphere. Nice breakfast with stay. I would recommend!

• 4th Jan 2016

Great hostel with a great view. Staff is friendly and helpful, and works to build a community, and the hostel is incredibly conducive to helping travelers meet people.

• 29th Dec 2015

Lovely hostel which was perfect for christmas. The hostel did a great job at bringing everyone together for christmas eve and the facilities are brilliant (best equipped kitchen we've found) and the view is spectacular. Would definitely recommend this hostel with the only caveat that there are quite a lot of rules. If you want a party hostel this isn't the right place for you as they are pretty strict on curfews and use of communal areas.

Amazing staffs Amazing view Amazing time in the Hostel 1004

Everything was great. Some noise from the street over xmas, but otherwise we loved it there.

The best hostel I've stayed in in South America. I stayed over Christmas and it was fantastic. A great evening of food and drink and the atmosphere was brilliant. The hostel feels like home. The balcony is beautiful and all round I had a great stay. Thanks to all the staff for making it amazing.

It is the little attentions the staff gives to your every need that makes this one of the greatest places to chill in Bariloche. Elevators are abundant in this, the tallest building in town. Runners and athletes will appreciate the eleven flights of stairs as well as the many great hill runs available right out the door.

Lovely lovely people. Lovely lovely ambiance, and lovely bariloche. I wrote and wrote and wrote songs, because THE hostel and bariloche is so inspirational. Loved our pop-up-band THE penthouse rockers. THE online thing: Be Careful, you might wanna stay forever. Beso grande a todos de penthouse 1004! X nicole

It is in the best spot ive been to. It has everything you could need. Really enjoyed it here.

The reviews are true, one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's really social and super easy to meet other travellers. Only drawback is that it can be a bit noisy in the rooms. I'd stay here again without a doubt.

amazing kitchen, amazing staff, amazing view! They let us cook a huge thanksgiving dinner to share with the hostel and were super helpful throughout our whole stay. Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Thank you Hospedaje Penthouse :)

Excellent hostel. Everything is really good. I appreciate the founder/owner/manager/staff to open this wonderful place for travellers.