Hostal CasArte Takubamba Reviews

Calle J.M.Serrano #256, Sucre, Bolivia

Lovely place, we even extended for 2 more nights. Clean room and kitchen. Good breakfast and helpfull staff! Laundry service is good! We had some rough weeks behind us and thought of relaxing here, which we did...when the handyman wasn't fixing tables and chairs (which he did all day on weekdays) Cute and friendly little dog and perfect location to explore Sucre.

Beautiful colonial house with a great garden to chill out, including a little library and reading area. Clean facilities and plenty of space at the courtyard. The dorms are big and comfortable with lockers. The staff is 2 lovely brothers both of them super helpful providing maps and info about sucre and surroundings. better breakfast than usual with juices and option for eggs or fruit salad besides the classical bread with butter and dulce de leche. Really good value!

This is a beautiful hostel. The dorm is clean and very spacious. Nice garden to hang out in (with the cutest puppy in the world!!!). Breakfasts are good, but the kitchen isn't the best. Decent wifi and funky art on the walls. A bit expensive for Bolivia, but great if you can afford it.

They have a cute new puppy who makes the stay here extra special

Totally perfect! This is the place you Need to Go if you are staying in Sucre :)

All is very good, but you should check the cost numbers better, we had to correct them twice.

One of my favourite hostels so far - a beautiful, beautiful place, all white colonial buildings, with comfortable bedrooms and an excellent location. Breakfast is good. Staff are friendly and helpful. But most importantly, a lovely atmosphere, conducive to meeting friendly people. An outdoor (covered) kitchen, with tables surrounding a grassy yard, and an indoor 'comfy' room. Wifi good and reliable. A really good experience.

Loved this hostel, it was spacious and clean.

Really nice hostel, with so much character - loved the art on the walls as you walk in. Good location, only a few minutes walk from the main square. It was clean, wifi was ok is the common areas, breakfast was decent (you got a small amount of scrambled eggs and fruit), rooms were really spacious. The one receptionist was always really grumpy and not very pleasant to us. The others were helpful. Would definitely stay here again

This was the beat hostel that we have stayed in so far in Bolivia.. The staff were helpful and full of information. The breakfast was excellent and on one morning we had to leave earlier for a trek and the staff gave us breakfast early. Security was top class. Only a 10 min walk from main square. 24 hr reception. When we arrived a day late the staff were understanding.

Very nice hostel, best dorm I ever stayed! Didn't even feel like a dorm, as it was really spacious.. Only negative points (but which could easily be changed): no shower curtain, no liquid soap (only en bloc which I think isn't very hygienic), towels not included although this is stated on hostelworld and there was never enough toilet paper..

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Nice and spacious dorm, good breakfast, nice outdoor garden area. Beautiful old building

Overall it was a good stay. One guy who worked there was rude and tried TWICE to overcharge us, but the other guy who worked there was a nice, funny person. I would recommend this stay

One of my favorite hostels in South America! If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing atmosphere - this is the place to go. Not a party hostel, comfy beds, great showers, breakfast... Would recommend it to everyone.

They were nice enough to let me into my room early when I arrived off the bus from Uyuni, which was awesome. But on my last day they tried to charge me for that night as well. When I explained that if I had known that I would have to pay for the full night I would have waited until 1pm, they accepted that I wouldn't pay for the "extra" night - which was really the morning. If you enter your room early make sure you clarify about if you will have to pay. Other than that the place is nice!

Lovely new hostel 5 blocks from Plaza 25 de Mayo. Very close to supermarket, outdoor kitchen, grass courtyard, hot showers, clean, friendly, quiet, funky, artsy home away from home. Staff play great music, give walking tours of Sucre, respond quickly to requests in English and Spanish. Best place to stay for a week or more in Bolivia especially if you are taking Spanish lessons because you have all the staff to practice with.

Great location and staff: so friendly and helpful. They make you feel at home. Really good breakfast with freshly squeezed juice, eggs etc. Rooms are spacious and clean tho in a 2 night stay it was not cleaned the 2nd night. Highly recommended.

Lovely clean hostel, very relaxed and very friendly, helpful staff. Amazing showers and pretty little garden.

The rooms are great. Fantastic deco. One of the best breakfasts in South America. The staff are really nice and helpful.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Excellent hostel and excellent staff. Don't miss the Sucre tour that Joaquin, the manager organizes.

View all Sucre Bed and Breakfasts