Hostal CasArte Takubamba Reviews

Calle J.M.Serrano #256, Sucre, Bolivia

We had a reservation for 2 beds in the dorm, but since there weren't enough lockers for all the people in the dorm they offered us a good price for a double room. The double room was spatious and nice. The bathroom was poorly constructed, so that each time after a shower the floor was flooded. Great atmosphere, good breakfast. When we wanted to pay they told us that they would'nt acknowledge our deposit for the dorm-reservation since we stayed in the double. That was annoying!

The kitchen and breakfast area are outside which is not so great if it is raining / cold. On the flip side, the way the tables are laid out encourages socialising with other travellers which is always a good thing. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The only negative thing that I would say about this hostel pertains to the laundry facilities. They wash in house so our clothes came back not very clean and still damp. Other than than, it's a great hostel and I would recommend it.

Nice staff, great breakfast, comfy beds, nice hot shower, quiet place to relax. Not easy to get toilet paper, but hey, this is Bolivia! ;) Would definitely recommand it.

Lovely hostel and great staff. We stayed here for just one night in a double room with private bathroom, the room was a great size as was the bathroom. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, yogurt with fresh fruit and a freshly made juice, delicious! Would stay here again without a doubt!

beautiful hostel. generous rooms with super comfortable beds and plenty of blankets. Daily room service with new towels an unexpected bonus. Showers super hot and plenty of pressure. The breakfast was healthy and refreshing- eggs, fruit, juice, bread jam and coffee all included. breakfast in the backyard was a real treat and encouraged a social environment. Morning visits by Josefine to partake in traditional weaving/bracelet making an excellent inclusion.

Fantastic hostel with a great relaxing atmosphere and very helpful staff. Also home to the worlds greatest dog. Only complaint would be that breakfast was not ever ready before 8:30am. This made it impossible for me to have breakfast during my stay there as my Spanish Classes began at 8:30!

Really nice spot. Close to town centre. Helpful staff and good spacious hostel. Nice breakfast too

Brilliant hostel. Clean

Super friendly and helpful staff. The garden area is great for relaxing in the sunshine and getting to know fellow travellers. Good breakfast. Comfy bed. Recommend.

Nice hostel, lovely staff, very clean, good amenities. A few blocks to the center of town but easily walkable. Was a little expensive for what it was but I would definitely recommend this place to others. A nice place to stay if you don't want to party- a very relaxing hostel.

Great hostel. Really nice, clean facilities. Best shower we had in South America! Dorm we stayed in was spacious, beds were super comfy and decent kitchen as well. One of the best hostels we have stayed in!

Lovely, chilled hostel with garden and a cute little dog. Good location within walking distance to everything.

Really lovely building, nice garden/kitchen, great breakfast (eggs!), well equipped kitchen if that's your thing (close to large supermarket/movie theatre -central mercado is cheaper though), nice atmosphere to chill in. Wifi only in common areas but they were relaxing anyhow. We would stay here again.

Loved it. Very funky, room was big and very nice. Breakfast was good. Staff were very helpful

CasArte Takubamba was a lovely place to stay. The staff was incredibly friendly and even hosted us in a vegetarian cooking class! The private room with matrimonial bed was huge and they cleaned the room which was great. Breakfast was nice in the courtyard. Overall we had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend it.

I totally heart this hostel. I stayed in a private room en suite-super comfy bed and super hot lovely shower. The communal area is wonderful and breakfast is fantastic. I'd thoroughly recommend.

Very lovey place, ended up staying for longer than expected. Beautiful building with a nice little garden in the back. Bunk beds in hostel are good size and comfortable. Breakfast is the best one in South America so far! Fresh juice, fruit and yoghurt every morning! WiFi/computer is super too! Nothing to complain about!

Clean, quiet and safe with very welcoming staff.

Really nice, clean hostel. Personell really friendly, breakfast delicious! Everything nice and clean and the wifi was great!

A very nice hostel which is 4 blocks away from the main square, location is not super good but still fine. Staff is very friendly and kind enough to let me have early check-in so that I could have a rest after long ride of night bus. Room and bathroom is clean and modern. Breakfast is the best I have ever had in south American. Definitely recommend to the others.

View all Sucre Bed and Breakfasts