Hostal Victor - Airport Hostel Reviews

Manuel Mattos 325, San Amadeo de Garagay,31, Lima, Peru

The close to the airport neighborhood was not the most pleasing to walk around in but the hotel was very secure and well managed. The room and shower was very clean and the service was very good. We will be staying there again the night before we fly out of Lima to head home.

• 12th Aug 2014

I was not able to actually stay over at this location because the driver from the hostel never showed up. We waited an hour, and called twice - still nobody came (although they assured us they were coming) We asked a few people at the airport for help, and everybody told us that we shouldn't stay in this location because it's a dangerous part of town. Beware when booking this location.

I arrived into the hostel late into the night and had an early morning connecting flight and decided to stay at Hostel Victor. When I arrived I was informed that the exchange rate was 2.8 = 1USD, and I was paying in locally currency. The going rate was .10 lower than what the hostel was charging. It was the first time in 2 weeks I was charged such an extraordinary high rate which was not posted. The manager was not very accomodating or traveller friendly. I would not recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your review, it will help missunderstandings. We remember you, other guests do as well. Street exchange rate on the day you arrived was 2,77=1USD, Our exchange rate 2.80, the difference is 3 cents. In my opinion, and in the opinion of many guests who knowingly understand ours as a good exchange rate, IS NOT extraordinary high as you quote. Compared to the airports for example, where they give you 2,53. Now THAT is an extraordinary high rate. Each place has different exchange rate.

We got to take a hot shower but had to leave before breakfast. It was great Victor had a cab waiting to pick us up and drop us off. The neighborhood around the airport is pretty run down.

• 25th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff were fantastic. Location fine but would recommend pickup.

We were extremely pleased with the airport pickup and delivery service. The hotel staff were very helpful and we appreciated the coffee, rolls, butter, jam, and egg breakfast we were offered. The room was clean and spacious and the bathroom was large and inviting. We would stay at Hostal Victor again when passing through Lima. We were also surprised at how close several eating places and small stores were to the Hostal.

• 18th May 2014

Thank you for your review =) We're very very glad you had a nice stay with us :D

Very friendly and helpfull when I booked the wrong day. I had to call late in the evening for a pick- up at the airport and they arranged it immediately.

Not a place to stay if you plan to be in Lima for a while (location is convenient to the airport, but otherwise not nice), but a great spot if you're just there overnight for a flight. Wifi was good, breakfast was fine, room was spotless, quiet, and comfortable, staff were helpful, they can arrange drivers to/from the airport (take them up on this: the price is fair and you know it'll be safe!).

The hostel is very conveniently located to the Airport. It is however a short drive to downtown or miraflores, which isn't that big of a deal. The owners of the hostel treat you VERY well and make transportation to and from the airport stress free. Rooms are big enough and very clean, with hot water showers. Wifi works good. What really tops things off is the homemade breakfast in the morning. It isn't massive, but just perfect portion to start your day right. I will stay here again, no question

• 11th Apr 2014

Perfect for overnight stay between flights. Clean room, helpful staff. They arranged a driver to pick me up at Lima airport when I arrived and to taker back the next morning. Don't overnight in the airport; this is a much better choice

• 5th Apr 2014

This was a private room which was nice to have coming in on my late flight. They arranged my airport pickup which was pretty easy....$10 payable to the hostel, not the driver. Did the trick but I didn't really run into anyone or have time to meet anyone due to leaving for Cusco the next morning. Staff was very friendly.

Excellent Location. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Excellent location for airport stop over in a quiet location. Recommended. Great staff, very helpful.

• 20th Mar 2014

I'm a single female traveling in Peru first time. I think my plane was late, but my ride was waiting for me with sign. Thank-you. I was just stopping for 4-5 hours, but they made it easy. I would stay there again. Jen Z.