Hostal Victor - Airport Hostel Reviews

Manuel Mattos 325, San Amadeo de Garagay,31, Lima, Peru

We stayed here for a quick overnight because we were flying out the next morning. It was in a kinda bad location but we didn't leave the hostel at all so that didn't matter. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night in the area though. Also, we were trying to sleep but there were dogs barking non stop all night. Not sure if that's a common thing or not. We left too early for their breakfast but they do have a nice delivery for dinner that runs really late. Overall it was ok

This was perfect for me as close to airport and they provided pick at airport and return service to airport ,it was excellent for my needs to get back and forth to airport

The close to the airport neighborhood was not the most pleasing to walk around in but the hotel was very secure and well managed. The room and shower was very clean and the service was very good. We will be staying there again the night before we fly out of Lima to head home.

• 12th Aug 2014

I was not able to actually stay over at this location because the driver from the hostel never showed up. We waited an hour, and called twice - still nobody came (although they assured us they were coming) We asked a few people at the airport for help, and everybody told us that we shouldn't stay in this location because it's a dangerous part of town. Beware when booking this location.

I arrived into the hostel late into the night and had an early morning connecting flight and decided to stay at Hostel Victor. When I arrived I was informed that the exchange rate was 2.8 = 1USD, and I was paying in locally currency. The going rate was .10 lower than what the hostel was charging. It was the first time in 2 weeks I was charged such an extraordinary high rate which was not posted. The manager was not very accomodating or traveller friendly. I would not recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your review, it will help missunderstandings. We remember you, other guests do as well. Street exchange rate on the day you arrived was 2,77=1USD, Our exchange rate 2.80, the difference is 3 cents. In my opinion, and in the opinion of many guests who knowingly understand ours as a good exchange rate, IS NOT extraordinary high as you quote. Compared to the airports for example, where they give you 2,53. Now THAT is an extraordinary high rate. Each place has different exchange rate.

We got to take a hot shower but had to leave before breakfast. It was great Victor had a cab waiting to pick us up and drop us off. The neighborhood around the airport is pretty run down.

• 25th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff were fantastic. Location fine but would recommend pickup.