Hostel 3B Reviews

Ave. 10 Esquina Calle 1a Sur, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Had a super juicey stay. Staff was amazing, and upstairs bar was great. These sexy people at this hostel know how to throw good parties. If you ever get a chance be there for the big party on Sunday, it gets super sexy. I give this place two juicey thumbs up and will be back soon to shake my booty!!!!

• 7th Feb 2016

Awesome location and great staff! Met so many people in such a short time. The rooftop bar is incredible! The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Will definitely come back!

• 5th Feb 2016

Good accommodation but onceartain things I wasnot happy. Still in general nice place to stay.

Great hostel for house music, foreigners, young people and party. I love this place, will definitely come back. Only bad thing is the cleanliness of the bathroom could be better in the shared dorms and that you must walk about 6 blocks to the zone were the nightclubs are, still, it's a great place to stay.

The staff is amazing, right from the start at the reception, Lauren was super helpful with details of the hostel and where and what to do in the Playa. Having a rooftop pool is a bonus considering at times there's a lot of seaweed on the beach. And thr Sunday parties and always a lot of fun. See you again in a few months!!!

THE BEST - Hostel 3B is ideal for if you're looking for a lively place to stay, in the heart of Playa, and a minute walk to the beach / strip. Their staff are awesome, and each room has been furnished with bed-bug-PROOF beds. Rest easy. Their rooftop patio has a mini-pool, lounge, full bar, and books the dopest underground deep/house/tech DJ's every Sunday - so make sure your stay lines up with that! Thanks 3B!

• 23rd Jan 2016

Met a few people in Tulum who stayed here in December and highly recommended the place... They were right. Excellent location, good value, fantastic house music, social atmosphere and very clean/new. New lockers and bed bug proof beds with special casings (which is very important in this part of the world, put icing on the cake. We're in our early 30's and although the average age is closer to 25, we fit right in. Owners and staff are very down to earth and extremely helpful.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Lots of energy at this hostel and roof top lounge! The owners are very welcoming and approachable - always willing to advise and answer any questions, but most importantly, they do their best to make sure that your time spent there was all that you could ask for. You are guaranteed to meet many other adventurous people from all over the world wanting this same atmosphere of outgoing personalities, great music and positive vibes throughout!

• 23rd Jan 2016

I first stayed at this place 2 years ago and have been coming back ever since. This hostel is one of my favorite in the world and definitely worth the trip. Close to the beach, great music and super fun vibes. Will be a costumer for LIFE!

• 22nd Jan 2016

This is the best hostel in playa for sure, if you are a fan of electronic underground music there is no doubt you should come to this hostel, Sunday events are the best the owners of the hostel always bring GOOD music by booking international DJs and its FREE entrance! no cover, aside from the music this hostel has a very friendly vibe there´s a mix of people from all around the world and its always fun to meet new people and make friends from other parts. The location is perfect!

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Party hostel, don't come if you have a problem with music past 2 am. If you're in playa to party, this is the place to stay. Helpful staff with great information on the party scene, including a huge weekly party on Sunday's in their own terrace. Clean renovated and well priced. I'll be back.

• 21st Jan 2016

This is the best hostel I’ve ever been to. My only suggestions would be to avoid it if you have a problem with electronic music, they literally will not play reggaeton, cumbia, rock, after 9pm. Personally I love it and came for BPM, so this couldn’t have been a better accident. They had BPM DJ’s playing for free, 3 of the 5 nights I was there, in the middle of the music festival and kept their drink prices at nearly half of the festival events. Rooftop bar with pool for the win!!!

• 21st Jan 2016

Had such an awesome time! Will be staying there again next time I'm in Playa

Such an amazing vibe throughout the whole place! You can really tell there is a lot of love flowing through in every detail. Great location, super clean, and just generally a damn good time!

• 12th Jan 2016

Great little place just off the main avenue, close to everything, shops, food, the beach, and has great music above at SOS with djs and a pool! if you want to meet new people this is the place to go!

• 12th Jan 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights during BPM festival. The dorm room was fine. Air con is switched off during the day which when you've been out partying all night isn't quite ideal. The location is very central however there is a sufficient lack of atmosphere in the hostel as there is no where comfortable to chill and meet people. It's ok for a night or so but I had a much better time at hostel che down the road and it was cheaper.

I was under impression that they had a good atmosphere. I booked a night there on a Monday. I was given a bracelet and also a free drink on the rooftop terrace, but they had a party on it the prior night So they closed the rooftop terrace early which was our community area. I was unable to get my free drink because of that reason. The listing said they played music every night, the night I was there it was the most quiet place. Very dissatisfied for that reason. I was looking for a live atmosphe

• 4th Jan 2016

We want to apologize for what happened, it was unfortunate that you only stayed overnight with us. The hostel has a very good atmosphere , but Monday is when staff from the bar upstairs rest. Therefore the rooftop bar remains closed. However, the lounge upstairs remains open all day. We hope you come back soon to really enjoy the best parties that Sos Hostel has to offer.

Excellent location, nice staff, they have a good rooftop bar and hanging out area. The only issues I had was we got a 4 person suite and spent over $140 a night for it thinking we were splurging on something nice and it ended up being a very small squished room with one bunk bed. Also you must be willing to stay up and party because the music blasts until 2 and then the loud guests stay up until 4. If you're wanting this then it's a good place to be!

Great location. Staff was awesome and super helpful. Excellent New Year's party on the roof. Scheduled group activities and dinner specials. More than just a hostel..

I come to the Mayan Riviera every year for the white sand beaches, people, food options and entertainment. One of my favorite places in the world and now I think I've found a new hostel of choice. Stayed two nights at hostel 3b. I had read about the rooftop terrace, the great music and the people that it brings and was not disappointed in anyway. The rooms were clean, the complimentary breakfast delicious and the staff accommodating, friendly and informative. Great location. 100% be back.

• 14th Dec 2015