Hostel 3B Reviews

Ave. 10 Esquina Calle 1a Sur, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Swimming pool was under maintenance and nobody told in the moment of the reservation. Our room was in the terrace, wich means that we couldn't sleep before the party's over. They finish at 2am. Our room had a balcony and the door couldn't block the water when there was a big storm. When I bended over to check the water that was flooding I saw a soda can under the bad showing how poor was the clearance. Besides all of it, the staff was open to our complaints and provided changes.

I stayed at this hostel 3yrs ago & stayed again during this visit & it still just as amazing. The hostel is very clean and even though it's a party hostel now it's quite enough to sleep if you don't want to party on the rooftop. It's in a great location near the collectivos for you to take days trips on your own. It is also a few blocks from the amazing beach PlayaCar. I do wish the beer was cheaper at the amazing roof top bar. It's a bit pricey for backpackers. Oh & the AC is amazing at night.

Only thing wrong is in the rooms that were very hot and no ventilation

• 13th Aug 2014

Nice big rooms with big lockers, though our room was much bigger than most. Sheets slightly stained. Trying to be a party hostel, need more group activities e.g. beerpong to get everyone talking. Nice rooftop bar and pool, tasty bbq. Friendly staff but need to get people mixing more, no happy hour or drinks offers which seemed odd compared to other hostels in the area

Great rooftop bar with free drink for girls on Wednesdays. Rooms were nice and kept clean and had Ac. Nice ensure bathrooms. Great location only a few minutes walk to beach and centre.

It was the first time I ever stay in a hostel, I spent just one night there but definitely I'd like to stay more time. The staff is very nice and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean enough to have a good stay in Playa del Carmen, and this hostel has a great location, near the beach ;)

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I absolutely loved staying at 3B! You are guarenteed lovely rooms, an amazing location and great staff members, so there is really not more to ask for. I extended my stay and ended up staying there for 1,5 week, and I wouldn't mind going back anytime. If you're looking for fun and a good time in Playa this is the place to be! See you soon again 3B!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Over promised and under delivered. Upon arrival to my room I noticed several alarming things that terribly affected my view of 3B. Firstly, my bed has obviously been slept in and sheets not changed over. Secondly, the mattress and pillow had a terrible smell of BO that made it nearly impossible to sleep. Thirdly, the state off the room was disgusting. Bathroom was horrendous with no ventilation in there nor the room. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE.

• 28th Jun 2014

we´re sorry that your experience was not as expected, sometimes another guests make mess at rooms (ovel all at the bathroom) you know we tried to help, if that wasn´t enough you could had asked for a room change. anyway we thank you for the feedback...fortunately not all our guests have trouble with their accomodation, 3B is a nice place to stay.

Communal space was lacking. Difficult to make friends as a solo traveller. Staff were nice enough. No water available to drink in the hostel. Have to pay 5 pesos to fill up your water bottle, but the refill water ran out. Can't buy drinks in the hostel. Also, no breakfast on Sundays. In saying that, the rooms were nice and clean. Very hot. Would've been nice to have control over the air conditioning as it's turned off during the day, so napping is near impossible.

Hi :) we have a Beautiful Rooftop, you could have met so many people there, we sell drinks at the bar, we´re sorry that the water wasn´t enough, we allways try to be open to guests inquiries, we aprecciate your feedback and we hope you had a nice time in mexico despite the inconvenients.

Ventilation in the rooms is minimal and some of them have a very strong smell of mildew. The 12 bed all female dorm has almost no room for baggage or places to hang wet clothing. Lack of fitted sheets for bedding meant sleeping on the mattress happened nightly. Loved the storage lockers, big and with two locks. Bed were comfortable. Staff was amazing, so friendly, helpful and positive. Excellent location! Roof terrace ROX.

Nothing to say. Great place.

Hostel was okay near beach and fifth ave. Wifi does not work in rooms . Not too many common areas only by the lobby . Rooftop bar was nice but it was always empty. Prices at the bar a little expensive for hostel. Hostel does not give any tours or perform activities .. Not a party hostel . If you are looking for a party hostel look somewhere else . AC is only turned on at night . Construction going on in front of the hostel very noisy .. Hostel looked empty no atmosphere .. Would not recommend

Dear Guest: I¨m sorry your stay wasn't as expected but we do all we can to offer the best service around. About your review, we do offer tours in reception and daily activities like Healthy Tuesdays ( Free Yoga lessons) Sushi nights, bbq after hours, xbox one tournaments, beer pong and much more. We have daily events with local and international House djs,we have a crazy professional sound system (QSC kw series) I don't know why u didnt come and danced with us when u were here. Cheers!

Great Hostel experience, the rooftop with bar, pool, lounge really made the experience. The staff was really cool and accomodating. The only downside was they are somewhat stingy on the air conditioning. In the dorms, it turned on at 10pm and the staff turned it off at 830 in the morning, this was the only downside, but on the upside, it got you out of bed.

• 12th May 2014

I would absolutely recommend anyone whos fun and outgoing to stay in 3B. It´s the perfect place to meet other friendly backpackers. The staff are so helpful with any tips about tours and fun to be around. My room was cleaned every single day and bathrooms were kept in top shape. There is an awesome bar/pool at the rooftop too for parties. Totally recommend it, its a very chilled out atmosphere.

• 7th May 2014

I had such a good time at 3B, owner was really helpful, rooftop bar/pool area like no hostel I've ever been to and great music every night. Planned to stay one night here and ended up staying 5! Heard it was quiet in the past but this is definitely the new party hostel of PDC!

• 5th May 2014

I loved the stay at 3B, super friendly staff, ideal location and an amazing rooftop ;)

• 28th Apr 2014

3B is so much fun and a very friendly place to stay. Everyone on the staff meets you with a smile and is always ready to help out with information and some good tips about nightlife and day trips. The rooms were great, spacious with AC at night, and the sheets are changed every day! During my stay I also booked a scuba diving course through the hostel to get my open water diving license and got a super good rate including accommodation. Wouldn't have found that package as easily anywhere else!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels