Hostel 3B Reviews

Ave. 10 Esquina Calle 1a Sur, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Would definitely recommend staying at 3B if you enjoy the heat of Mexico without air conditioning. Even better, combine a bedroom sauna with windows without curtains, questionable clean sheets and the dulecent tones of a construction site and you have yourself a deluxe room. Staying a party hostel we thoroughly enjoyed the absence of planned nightly activities and being prompted to the empty upstairs bar. For an added bonus, you can pay for breakfast and you should get it within three hours.

Very nice breakfast Cool partys on the rooftop So much nice people

The bar and pool are a real plus of this hostel. Nice staff and very clean. Just two blocks away from bus station. I would definutely stay again on my next time in Playa

Swimming pool was under maintenance and nobody told in the moment of the reservation. Our room was in the terrace, wich means that we couldn't sleep before the party's over. They finish at 2am. Our room had a balcony and the door couldn't block the water when there was a big storm. When I bended over to check the water that was flooding I saw a soda can under the bad showing how poor was the clearance. Besides all of it, the staff was open to our complaints and provided changes.

I stayed at this hostel 3yrs ago & stayed again during this visit & it still just as amazing. The hostel is very clean and even though it's a party hostel now it's quite enough to sleep if you don't want to party on the rooftop. It's in a great location near the collectivos for you to take days trips on your own. It is also a few blocks from the amazing beach PlayaCar. I do wish the beer was cheaper at the amazing roof top bar. It's a bit pricey for backpackers. Oh & the AC is amazing at night.

Only thing wrong is in the rooms that were very hot and no ventilation

• 13th Aug 2014

Nice big rooms with big lockers, though our room was much bigger than most. Sheets slightly stained. Trying to be a party hostel, need more group activities e.g. beerpong to get everyone talking. Nice rooftop bar and pool, tasty bbq. Friendly staff but need to get people mixing more, no happy hour or drinks offers which seemed odd compared to other hostels in the area

Great rooftop bar with free drink for girls on Wednesdays. Rooms were nice and kept clean and had Ac. Nice ensure bathrooms. Great location only a few minutes walk to beach and centre.

It was the first time I ever stay in a hostel, I spent just one night there but definitely I'd like to stay more time. The staff is very nice and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean enough to have a good stay in Playa del Carmen, and this hostel has a great location, near the beach ;)

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I absolutely loved staying at 3B! You are guarenteed lovely rooms, an amazing location and great staff members, so there is really not more to ask for. I extended my stay and ended up staying there for 1,5 week, and I wouldn't mind going back anytime. If you're looking for fun and a good time in Playa this is the place to be! See you soon again 3B!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Over promised and under delivered. Upon arrival to my room I noticed several alarming things that terribly affected my view of 3B. Firstly, my bed has obviously been slept in and sheets not changed over. Secondly, the mattress and pillow had a terrible smell of BO that made it nearly impossible to sleep. Thirdly, the state off the room was disgusting. Bathroom was horrendous with no ventilation in there nor the room. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE.

• 28th Jun 2014

we´re sorry that your experience was not as expected, sometimes another guests make mess at rooms (ovel all at the bathroom) you know we tried to help, if that wasn´t enough you could had asked for a room change. anyway we thank you for the feedback...fortunately not all our guests have trouble with their accomodation, 3B is a nice place to stay.

Communal space was lacking. Difficult to make friends as a solo traveller. Staff were nice enough. No water available to drink in the hostel. Have to pay 5 pesos to fill up your water bottle, but the refill water ran out. Can't buy drinks in the hostel. Also, no breakfast on Sundays. In saying that, the rooms were nice and clean. Very hot. Would've been nice to have control over the air conditioning as it's turned off during the day, so napping is near impossible.

Hi :) we have a Beautiful Rooftop, you could have met so many people there, we sell drinks at the bar, we´re sorry that the water wasn´t enough, we allways try to be open to guests inquiries, we aprecciate your feedback and we hope you had a nice time in mexico despite the inconvenients.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels