Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

this is 1 of the best hostel ive been, well run. friendly staff, they even print my boarding pass for free. the tours they offer is great + discounts! the party is okay and fun. clean room. well done guys!

• 11th Oct 2014

Staying here was a great choice. It is close to the Termini train and metro station and a good walk from most of the sites. The reception is open 24 hours which is so helpful and the staff are all awesome and very accommodating. It is kind of a "party" hostel with a fun bar and rooftop parties but even if you aren't the partying type, it is still a nice place to meet people and have a clean, nice room/bed to stay in. I definitely would stay here again if i return to Rome.

I got moved to the building that's not attached to the main bar, etc so that was kind of unfortunate. Wifi wasn't the best but it was a nice place to stay

My room was in another building, which is quite inconvenient. It took the staff a couple of days to change towels and get rid of the annoying clogged drain in the shower, but at least they did it! Beds are too small for me (1,90m or 6'3") and quite short too, so I always hit my head when getting up. They are also a bit noisy. Lockers are great! Breakfast is not bad... Internet terminal is free, which is great!

• 9th Oct 2014

Everything was average but the cleanliness, we saw the same rubish in a corner during the three days of our stay. In adition, the luggage room was stinking like rotten food. Despite it is near termini and another subway station, the surroundings are kind of lonely to walk in the night. There is no individual light for the beds so you must turn the main one or struggle with a flashlight (if you have one).

thank you for your feedback, regarding the rubbish in your room we have been assured by the cleaners that it was part of the belongings of one of your room mates who had been there for several days before you. we apologize for any smell in the luggage room, we regularly clean it as many guest use it to dump anything and everything they do not want to take away with them. with regards to the lights we will try to resolve this matter. thank you and we hope to see you again.

decent hostel, friendly & helpful staffs,. rooms cleaned everyday, breakfast is not included but ok for the price. wifi works in the room, roof party is perfect, cheap cocktails! overall it was great stay!

• 8th Oct 2014

Gracias alessandro! great stay and party! very ggood!!!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Stayed two nights. Had a private twin room that was very clean and comfortable with air conditioning. The staff were very helpful. Were thrilled to have an elevator to get to our floor instead of lugging a bag up flights of steps. Would definitely stay at Alessandro Palace again.

• 7th Oct 2014

We were only there for one night, but everything was fine. The room was comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and clean and the staff was helpful enough. The breakfast was very good for 4 Euros and we even fixed a few sandwiches to take with us. All in all, a good place to stay in.

Good social hostel offering plenty of activities for guests, cocktail nights and pub crawls starting in the bar and roof top terrace etc. The hostel is in a good location close to the main train and the rooms and facilities are clean.

Loved the rooftop cocktail party and the bartender was great! Good beds, close to central station and walking distance to most sights. Great hostel for meeting people!

Very average place for the price, no real atmosphere but they do an over priced pub crawl where I'm prety sure they dilute the spirits with somthing.. Don't waste your time stay at the yellow hostel just around the corner instead.

it was great experience at alessandro, the staff made our stay! thank you carlo, nas & cj! we will be back again next summer!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

location was very convenient, the room was clean. staffs are informative and friendly. free charge for the luggage room and the bar downstairs was great.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The hostel was brilliant, great location, clean, staff are helpful and there's always something to do in the evenings.

The room given(46) was big and with two bathrooms which was lucky. The staff are friendly and helpful, basic breakfast provided, it lacks a comfortable/cosy common room but thats okay, bar area has a nice atmosphere, well connected thanks to the Termini station . We were cold at night, the blanket for summer is a bit thin. They do printouts for you and let you leave the bags which is great,. . The roof terrace/garden is not really exciting as it doesn't have a view.

One of the best hostels I've been. Even two showers and toilets in our room fot 6 people. And nice rooftop area and bar, and the personel arranged program for almost every night.

The hostel was really good.I am met lot of wonderful people in this hostel and just loved the pub crawl..a must go! :)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • India

Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location, near two metro stations (I recommend the Castro Pretorio blue line station north of the hostel - you won't have to deal with the chaos of the Termini). Lots of food and cafe options nearby. Lightning fast WiFi, even in the room. The only drawback was our bathroom had an odor on and off for our three night stay. The hostel was mostly clean, though. 7am churchbells every morning, but we brought ear plugs so it wasn't an issue. Recommended!!

enjoyed my stay here, the people who work at the front desk are very nice & friendly. they help me to book my tour and they also give to me a discount. the drinks at the bar is okay, breakfast worth and the wifi works great downstairs. i also met a lot of people at the roof top! i will definitely recommend

• 30th Sep 2014