Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

A very nice hostel with friendly staff, located 5 mins away from Termini. Very good in terms of cleanliness and atmosphere.

Great location, Clean facilities and friendly staff

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Pretty cool hostel. Fantastic location especially you're traveling via train. Rooms are pretty good. And clean. Good place to meet new people. I had great time here. I only wish there was breakfast included in the price but you know it's not a big deal. I'd recommend here to a friend.

The only negative thing was the fresh-close-to-cold shower. In the summer it would be ok, but in December...

Good except shower. You have to wait for hot water around 5 min. And you have to pass button every 20seconds.

Nice rooms and facilities and walking distance from the train station and attractions. The only fault would be the lockers were difficult to lock without specific padlocks, which made it impossible to lock our stuff without getting something more suitable.

Is a great hostel to stay in, staff very helpful and friendly. The hostel had great vibes and atmosphere. Close to train station but just a little far from city attractions but that wasn't a problem.

• 15th Dec 2015

Overall pretty good. No curfew, key passes per guest, lockers in rooms (bring your own padlock) and all the little things that hostels usually have. The location was very handy as its a short walk from the termini and all the other sights of Rome.

Not very clean rooms, tiny lockers, horrible beds, very average staff. I came into my room during the night and half the room was flooded from a leaking air conditioner. It was leaking all over the power socket, and if I didn't notice would have been minutes away from a fire. The staff will suck you into joining a pub crawl, don't do it, worst pub crawl of my life.

• 12th Dec 2015

Great hostel! Super easy location to find and really close to the train station. Staff was really helpful and they did anything in their power to help us out.

I had a great experience staying here. The staff was very helpful. It was in a great location close to Termini station which takes you anywhere in Rome. My only complaint would be the cleanliness of the bathroom in the room that I stayed in, it could have been better. Also, the check in time is not until 3pm so if you plan to arrive at the hostel before that time, plan on dropping your bags off and walking around the area to kill time. Overall, PERFECT place to stay if your traveling alone!

Hostel was awesome and in a great location. The staff were great and gave us great direction on where to go to see the best parts of the city. I will stay there again when I go to Rome.

When you are layin in bed and move it makes this annoyin noices. I am talking about one of the top beds in room 41.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Ecuador

Good location, rooms are enough for that you paid, good service of the staff.

suuuper cheap & way worth the price if on a budget. met oil people , staff cool, located right by termini. if coming home late at night it can b pretty inconvenient

Worst staff

• 27th Nov 2015

Dear guest, upon check-in, we explain our available services and house rules to every guest. We informed you check-out time was 10am. On your departure day, we were flexible for some time but after a certain significant time of waiting, we had to request you to check-out as we had to clean the room for the guests who had a reservation for that day..

This place does the job - clean rooms and bath, comfy beds, centrally located to Termini - but little else. Place is more hotel than hostel - key card access, 24/7 concierge, in house bar - all fine, but as a backpacker who loves a warm cosy refuge where I can meet travelers, this one left me cold (they really plug the bar crawls, but I had no interest in that). Desk staff was knowledgeable and cordial, but nothing more. Cleaning staff barges in starting 10am. Good thing Rome keeps you busy.

The hostel is literally a five minute walk from Rome Termini Station, and very clean, secure, and fun! The staff were so funny and accommodating and check-in/check-out were so easy. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy also. We paid so little that we were worried about how nice it would be, but it was definitely one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot! Loved it.

An amazing stay and an amazing location! The hostel is in what appears to be an apartment building as there are regular tenants. They work with a nearby laundromat, so you can get your laundry done for a slight discount. The coupon for the Bramble isn't worth it, as the food in the immediate vicinity is just amazing for a great price. Only a few blocks for the metro, its easy to get to all the major sights.

It was really a great place to stay. Apart from general facts I saw some special plus points : They don't assign you a bed. so you can select any bed which is free in the dorm. There's a phone charging place and a light at each bed. Wifi is fast.

• 22nd Nov 2015