Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

all of the various negative reviews are correct. if you can afford to stay somewhere else do it. the only good things were the air conditioning and the close proximity to termini.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.. and sad to recognize it was not considered to be good that we lent you our postal address to receive your delivery on your way in travel. We were happy to help you out because we thought you were in difficulty but it did not have a meaning to you..

Great location- plus side it's so close to the train station. If you want to party this is a great place, the pub crawls are great. We had "air con" but it only made a corner of our 4 bed dorm cold- it was 35+ weather so the rooms were so warm especially on the fourth floor. Overall nice stay here.

FAB!!!!!!

The hotel staff were good. The guy who corrdinated the events was very personable and friendly as well as Nas. The cleanliness was OK however I wasn't super impressed. In fact 4 of the 8 of us in the room ended up with giant bites from something on us :( no idea what it's from but it's a few days post and I still have them. Beds were rather small but manageable and the bathroom shower was very small, difficult to shut the door and stand in the shower at the same time.

All staff, but one, were not helpful at all. The complaints we had were passed onto the next staff member on shift because the staff are lazy. The hostel smelt like a bottle depot. The bathroom lightswitch was broken so the light and fan were constantly on. The shower drain and the bathroom sink were plugged and were flooding the bathroom. The shower was slimy and full of mold.

This is a party hostel... So sleep is non existent with the bar downstairs. The shower in our room flooded every time we used it but the location of this hostel is hard to beat.

As a whole was not great. It was in a good location and it was relatively clean and safe but it had many faults. The staff on arrival were sarcastic bordering rude, no tips about the local food or sites apart from being given a voucher to the touristy restaurant next door. Aircon in the room leaked and didn't really do much at all, the rooms and hallway smelled like a bad toilet. You can't rely on location alone, I won't be returning, there are many other better hostels around this area.

Very close to Termini, Priced reasonably, The staff was friendly. It had a bar for a common room so I found it very welcoming. A great hostel for solos and/or groups. Yes I would come back.

This hostel is pretty decent, it has a bar, rooftop area, great location (Near Termini), plenty of restuarants in the area and the front desk was able to organise plenty of tourist activities. The major criticisms are that if you want to party you would be better off either staying at The Yellow or at least going to their bar around the corner and sleeping at Alessandro as its way more chill. The other criticism is that there is no common room. A pretty decent hostel, it just wasn't amazing.

I was staying here for 9 nights and I loved it! The staff were amazing and friendly and even though I had a million questions, they were happy to answer them all!

Staff was friendly and helpful otherwise I found this to be an average hostel. Although, our bathroom had a horrible smell to it and was not very clean. Also the lockers were very small. AC and wifi was good. Overall, not the nicest hostel but not the worst. If I go back to Rome, I may look for another place. I am confused as to how they have so many awards because this is not like the other hostels that hostelworld usually recommends.

Great atmosphere. Showers a bit dirty though

This was a good hostel. Central location to Termini station and two metro stations. The pub crawl they do is a little pricey but a lot of fun. I like that there are common areas and I got to know a few of the fellow travellers. I stayed in a four person room and I found that the facilities in this hostel were clean.

The location is good And pub party was nice But bar is clised little early

this place is awesome. staff is friendly, great pub crawl. There's AC!!! would stay here again!

We only stayed one night at Hostel Alessandro Palace and Bar. The location is nice as it is close to the train station but is a little bit of a walk from main attractions. Mattresses were poor but it gave us a safe place to rest our head for the night before we headed on with our travels.

Hostel sucks. Nowhere to meet people during the day and the pub crawl is the biggest rip off ever. I left 2 nights early.

Thank you for your feedback. As major part of our guests are for exploring city of Rome during the day, there are not many people staying inside the hostel. Hope you could understand the reason. As per night-out party, it's organized by a 3rd party company but guests are usually happy with it and send compliments. We're sorry you didn't enjoy it. 20€ for 1hr open bar with drinking games+free shot at a bar in city+free entrance to Rome's popular club is usually accepted reasonable by almost all

Amazing hostel! Great parties and activities. Very clean

Great Location!

The room itself was entirely satisfactory with nice beds, a well equipped ensuite and lockers for storing valuables. The staff spoke very good English and were willing to help with any problems. However the staff sometimes seemed to rush you and didn't make any effort to get to know you personally. You do feel like another economic commodity and you often feel like they're trying to make as much money out of you as possible, particularly with the cocktail nights and the bar crawls.