Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

This hostel is on the list of Europe's famous hostels - a great list of the best hostels around Europe & I have consistently had a great experience at the hostels on the list. Until Alessandro Palace. There was quite a bit of hair in the shower. The rooms were small to share for 4 people. The breakfast was pretty pathetic. The luggage room was not locked. Only bonus was a mini fridge in the room. I have stayed in numerous hostels, and this was just average. If you want excellent, look elsewhere.

Found this hostel quite average, Not overly clean and both showers had drainage problems. The rooms were quite small and claustrophobic with no windows. The only upsides were it is very central and close to Roma Termini which is helpful if you don't want to walk far after getting off a train and the staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay here again though.

So here´s the real deal on this hostel as i was there from August 11-15 this hostel is a cash grab every pub crawl they have they charge you money which is sumthing i wasn´t used to at all its 25buck a night for pub crawl which gets you free drinks at the bar but you will only get 1-2 drinks cuz 4 other hostel join you. Secondly and this is my biggest complaint about this hostel is that you have to use a card in order to get lights, AC, its also in a very dirty area so watch out.

• 11th Aug 2014

Alessandro palace and bar is a great place to say while in Rome. All of the staff is fantastic, nas and Ian are especially helpful and welcoming. The rooms are clean and there is a bar on the rooftop and inside the building. Perfect place to meet people and stay while you see Rome!

• 11th Aug 2014

The hostel is in two different buildings, so we were little separated from the main hostel. I expected little more for this hostel. It was nice but little expensive. Location is good, there is less than 5 minutes walk to Termini.

Its a good hostel to stay at as it is near to the train station and not far away from tourist attractions

This is definitely the best hostel in Rome! It has a bar downstairs and a very nice terrace on the roof where they have cheap cocktails every other day. They also organise a lot of pub crawls. This is where you should stay if you want to meet people! The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, and there's always a good atmosphere. Cooking facilities would be nice, but you can't have everything!

Good location to the train station and airport shuttle. Helpful staff and it's within walking distance of all the great sights of Rome!

Very friendly, helpful staff. Great location from the Metro and Train station. Facilities excellent, perfect for either a party goer or a sight-see-er. This hostel suits all.

Super internet for free! Great atmosphere, excellent for solo or group travellers, close to everythig! Staff really helpful and room was clean and had loads of space!

wonderful hostel, i had fun time staying at alessandro. staff was helpful all the time, party was well organize. discounted tours for budget travelers. 5 stars *****

• 7th Aug 2014

The size of the beds is for persons smaller than 1.80 cm. If someone is bigger than that, he/she will have a bad time sleeping. The street is very noisy

Banged my head on the bunk above me a few times but enjoyed meeting people through room sharing. Our room was quiet and it was the first place with air con in three weeks of travelling, noisy but a blessing in hot Rome. Breakfast was basic but really cheap. Thanks for a great stay.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was great, clean and organized. Staff very nice. The wifi only worked in the bathroom in my room, but in my friend's room it was perfect. I just dont recomend to do any excursions with them, because it seemed over priced. The hostel is great though.

To be quite honest I was very pleasantly surprised with everything at the hostel, with the exception of the staff. While they were very helpful in some regards, when I put forth the effort to speak Italian with them (I was in Italy to tone up on my skills acquired through more than 6 years of studying the language. They were rude and mocked me un-relentlessly to the point where my friend and I felt uncomfortable and left. They also changed the wrong beds when someone new moved in.

• 2nd Aug 2014

I was put in a room of all boys which was a bit weird but I didn't stay in the room much so it wasn't so bad haha. The room was nice, big, clean, good shower pressure but it was annoying that you had to keep pushing in the button for the water release (it was on a timer system so every 10 secs you had to push it in again). Apart from that it was great.

• 1st Aug 2014

I went alone to Rome but I never felt to be alone, not even for a second. Really nice staff and environment:) Pub crawl was also good, but the club, we ended up, should be changed (this is only my oppinion).

• Hungary

Nice rooms and Facilities, good experience for travelers who dont bother the crowded rooms as private rooms are quite expensive need to buy a Locker though

fun hostel, they got activity everyday, cocktail party, night out ! convenient location, informative staff!

• New Zealand

I have to say- being a solo female traveller on my first ever trip was scary- and I didn't know what to expect. However, my three nights at Alessandro were incredible. The atmosphere was amazing and the staff were friendly and fun. Bedrooms are cosy, but clean, and my only downside were the lockers are quite small. I 100% recommend to people who are looking for a sociable hostel with a party vibe but not too noisy that you can't sleep :) THANKYOU Alessandro Palace!