Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The staff here was wonderful! Very nice and helpful. We had an issue with our first room (involving cleanliness and hygiene) and the staff moved us to another room, but we found another cleanliness/hygiene problem there (not one worth complaining about). I felt like there was no community here...no lounge, no communal feeling. We found ourselves visiting other hostels for that! :-( It was pretty expensive for what we got.... so if I were to visit Rome again I would not stay here (to be honest).

Located near the Roma Termini (5 min walk) but in a borderline shady neighborhood. The lock on our door was busted so you had to slam the door every time you left the room. Lockers were given but you can only use the small key locks (no dial locks). No laundry. No kitchen. There is a bar in the hostel that offers a Tuesday night bar crawl for 20 euro. Noisy if you keep your windows open. Ensuite bathrooms are ok. Overall an OK hostel but definitely not the 85% rating on hostelworld.

Everything was good. thanks to Allessandro hostel and its stuff. we will see next time :)

Stayed in a comfortable 4-bed room ensuite. Conveniently located within a short walk from the train station. Liked it more with the helpful reception staff,

It was a nice room and had private bathroom for the six of us which is always a good thing. Hostel had its own bar, but didn't manage to check it out, staff was alright, definitely wouldn't put it in my top ten, but nice back up plan.

I had a great stay at Alessandro Palace & Bar. Very close to train and metro station, which made it really easy to get around the city. Great restaurant right next door. Staff was friendly and helpful. My room had a bathroom&shower ensuite, which were both clean. The room of 6 beds had only 4 small lockers (big enough for duffle bag sized luggage; own lock required). The bar was always full of other hostel guests at night. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it!

very good staff, location easy. and nice hostel :)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

My stay at Alessandro Palace Hostel was definitely memorable! I met some amazing people there with who we shared bunch of stories on the rooftop at night. The staff was very friendly (mostly Andrei)! I had no problems with any facilities, except the elevator but walking up the stairs doesn't kill nobody! The location couldn't be any better at a 5min walk from Termini. My next stay in Rome will be there again for sure!

the staff made my stay, very friendly. roof top garden was awesome. i'll be back again!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

If you are just looking for a fun place to crush at night, this is your hostel. It's comfortable, the rooms are spacious and the wifi is excellent. It doesn't have a common room or sth like that, though, apart from the bar, so if you're looking for somewhere to chill maybe it's not the best option. Otherwise, I totally recommend it

The current policy for changing the bed linen is to place only one sheet with the new pillow case. The problem with this is that when using the bed your faced with the option of either covering the matress or using it as a top sheet. In either case your sleeping with a surface that someone else slept with and NEVER gets washed. Health code violation in USA

Amazing you have there all you need, information, smile and professional service at the reception, party in the bar if you like or just explore the city location is the best near metro, tram, train...just name it.I will return there for sure! Guys you are the best!!! Very Professional

• Serbia

Great hostel. The staff are great and very friendly. nice bar and the other people were fun. Great location really close to everything, the train/buss station are around the corner and most things are within easy walking distance.

• 17th Apr 2015

Beds are uncomfortable and dirty. Rooms are tiny for a hostel. Price is expensive for this bad hostel. If you dont want to feel back pain after sleeping, I dont recommend this hostel. Beds change your anatomy in one night.

• Turkey

Overall, it's okay. The rooms are on a different building, 6 beds room with a bathroom. They don't offer breakfast. The bar it's quite good, and it is at the side of Yellow Hostel. Very close to TERMINI station, in which you have both metro lines.

You can have some great times on the roof top.

• 17th Apr 2015

Nice hostel. Very well located, clean and nice staff. Two small negative points: 1) wifi connection was not really good in the room I stayed in (3rd floor). Basically, we would only get wifi in one corner of the room. 2) Only 6 lockers in a 8-bed room. Except these two negative points, everything else was great!

This hostel was really dirty. The toilet was not properly working and the bathroom and room were gross in general. Additionally, the room smelled awful and the beds didn't have enough sheets to be sanitary. The hall was echoey so I was constantly woken up by people talking in the staircase. Would definitely NOT recommend.

• 16th Apr 2015

The hostel is fine. For the location it is worth it. Still so many things are off about this place. the top bunks had no gaurd rails in our room (6 female), the comforter that they provide is not changed between guests (we witnessed this), the lockers are difficult, the shower in the bathroom backed up and didn't drain well so water gets everywhere. the bar and some good deals and the rooftop patio is nice, but no common room or kitchen. its a loud hostel if you don't like partying.

Alessandro was clean and close to Termini, which was good because we had flights the next day. However there was no common space or any sense of community in the hostel, so it was less enjoyable than many hostels I have stayed in. The room was fine but nothing special. Breakfast was not included, which made the morning more difficult.