Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Staff was very helpful. The facilities were clean and available for use. Only one problem with the shower being clogged in our room but they came right away to help us. One of the staff members was quite dismissive however but that wasn't a problem because of the helpfulness of the other ones. They had a rooftop BBQ whn we got there and we met some cool people in the hostel. Great place to stay. A little closer to city would be nice but it was a great atmosphere and I recommend staying there.

Very good hostel for a 3 night stay. Rooms were great, breakfast was good at a fair price and the free map also included the local supermarkets, which is great if you're focusing on eating cheap. WIFI didn't work for me at all, so ended up having to go elsewhere. The cocktail party was pretty good on my first night and a good opportunity to meet other backpackers out on the terrace.

great place to stay, tour and party in Roma

first time in a hostel for me, i would definitely recommend it to anyone. although some roomies were a bit messy, cleaners come every day and do a good job, and there are plenty of things to do from the tours of the vatican to parties at night.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

My bed was dirty and used when I got to my room (it was definitely the right bed). The staff lost my reservation for one night, I showed them my booking confirmation and they just said "Too Bad." Other than that, this place has a good central location and provides a good atmosphere to meet other guests. Don't take their guided tours, it's a ripoff. If you want to see the city do it on your own.

NAS IS THE BEST.

• 29th May 2014

Comfortable Hostel with air conditioning, a nice roof top bar and inside bar. Staff could be more patient and proactive when explaining things and also recommend places to go.

Good location, really close to Termini and if you like to walk you can get everywhere on foot. Great atmosphere with party nights out and bbq and cocktails night at the terrace every other night. Rooms were big.

Nearly perfect. No complaints. Really loved the atmosphere and the Hostelers here. Very kind staff - all of them. i would definitely give them my business again. Good room with a nice openable window. Plenty of space. Lockers only for small backpack - not the big one.

Friendly staff, good location but the showers were tiny and filthy. There was also a lot if noise from the street in the morning - mostly dumpster trucks emptying glass.

Really good location - just a few minutes walk from Termini station. There are good, cheap restaurants around this area too. The beds were a little uncomfortable but the rooms were otherwise quite good. There weren't many power points in the room. There were lockers to store your things in but need your own padlock.

Washroom in luggage room smelled liked urine. Lockout was from 10-3 to clean but our room was rarely clean. Shower was moldy. Internet didn't work in the rooms. Lockers worked half the time. Staff weren't overly helpful just tried to sell their own tours. Beds were not at all comfortable and they gave only one sheet, with a used blanket.. Also bunks had no ladder, plus they were ricketing I thought I would fall through! Would not recommend or stay here again.

Great location, fun stay, people at the reception is helpful & informative. worth for money! check the rooftop party!

• 25th May 2014
  • New Zealand

We were not informed that there was an air conditioner, so we sweated like crazy the first 2 nights. Also, there was oddly only 5 lockers and 5 towel hooks even though there are 6 beds in the room. The flat sheet seemed to be the only one that got washed regularly and the fitted sheet and blanket seemed a little gross. The location is great if you are arriving by train or bus and you are close to the red and blue metro lines which take you to the Vatican and the Colisseum easily.

actually i had fun with this hostel, friday was great rooftop party! thank you

• 23rd May 2014

Near train station, staff was very helpful. Rooms were simple but clean and TV included. A couple nice cafe's and laundry services within a block or two. We used the drop off and pick up laundry for 7Euro's. The 40 Bus takes you from the train station to St. Peter's (1,50). The rooftop sitting area is cozy and fun. The bar is energetic and hip. we had no issues, no loud noises, plenty of hot water and water pressure.

A decent hostel in Rome. Everything was pretty good but nothing spectacular. A bit too expensive but hostels in Rome all are. Eastern Europe hostels are much better value for money. Overall, a good place but could be better for the price.

This hostel was absolutely wonderful. I came to Rome by myself to do research at the Vatican Library for 10 days, so naturally I was hoping to meet people and be in a comfortable environment -- it exceeded my expectations. I met so many fantastic people at the hostel, and the staff organizes a lot of events (bar crawls, tours, happy hours) to help people get acquainted. The breakfast was an awesome value for the money, the hostel was clean, and the staff phenomenal. I will definitely be back!

the staff is so helpful and friendly, always putting smile on their face.. that's one of the good things i admire about this hostel.. big and clean rooms.. also there's a bar where you can meet a lot of friendly people.. rooftop where you can relax.. parties at night that the hostel arranged.. was a really really good stay.. definitely will come back if i have a chance.. thank you Alessandro Palace Crew.. your the best..

• 20th May 2014

the hostel is well located nad fine overall i guess, but they don't have a kitchen, which is really annoying.