Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Good place to stay, but the facilities are just basic

Honestly? Nothing special. Room it self was all right, but I dont think anybody cleaned or set the empty beds for the three days I was there. No garbage can inside the room. Good thing is that they have a baggage hold. Nice little room with toilet, wifi and chairs/table, where you have to be buzzed in. So it's pretty safe. And you can use those facilities even if you are checked out

cool hostel, location was easy to reach. thanks to the friendliness of all the staff!

• 11th Apr 2015

This place was pretty basic - I would definitely recommend the yellow over this hostel for a fun time in Rome. However, it's close enough to the yellow to go party and still be able to come back and sleep and the staff is friendly and courteous.

I had a great time here and in Rome in general.

staying here was a great choice, staff provide detailed information how to get around the city. location is near the train station, and the room was clean and the reception is open 24 hours which is so helpful.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Did not enjoy this hostel. Was not clean at all

Fun place to stay. Very clean and the staff was very helpful. My shared room had a private bathroom with shower which was a plus. about a 10min walk to the main station and 10min train ride to the main attractions. For the price I don't think you'll find a better accommodation.

Was pretty dissapointed while the hostel. Very very very dirty only good thing was the location.

Really fun place, great for a party, they have them almost every night. Quite close to train station and subway which is great for site seeing. Good place to experience Rome from. The staff there are also fantastic very good at recommendations and chillin' with guests vibes.

I had a good experience at Hostel Alessandro. The location was ideal because it is a very short walking distance from the train station (Termini) and I was able to hop on the City Sightseeing bus nearby. You definitely need to take transportation to all the sites though, which really isn't a big deal. The room itself was average. The door to the bathroom didn't work. Wifi was good. Overall not a bad stay and I would go back if I had to.

Fairly reasonable hostel in a city where everything is quite expensive. The bar within the hostel is good for meeting people, and they run pub crawls which is also a lot of fun. A bit of a walk to the main part of town but that's fine, walking is the name of the game in Rome. Staff were friendly, but most of the lockers in the rooms didn't work, which is fine if you just padlock your bag.

First when I came I was afraid 'cos they said me it was wrong book kind of system eror "it is not possible for 3 Euro a night" they searcher his comp. Found something and let me go in.In total I am happy. THANK YOUR STAFF VERY MUCH

This was my 3rd stay at this hostal... the staff courteus and very helpful and specially Iliescu Anarei.. this young man is always nice and informative.....I recommend to all my friends when visit Rome....to stay at this Hostel...

Average hostel. Rooms were dark and dingy - blankets dirty. Bathroom door didn't close and water flooded the bathroom floor after each shower. I stayed in much nicer places for much less money during my travels. Lockers were small and unable to accommodate all locks. Staff were friendly and helpful. I wouldn't stay here again.

This hostel is okay but for the money you're paying, a cover for the unwashed comforter wouldn't go astray. It isn't very modern, which is fine, but for a similar price the hostel yellow around the corner offers much more.

When we arrived the guy manning the desk told me I had made 2 reservations for my sister and myself and that I had to pay for the first night for both of us. At 30 something euros each that's a fair amount. Especially for a room down a hall way with no lights in a hostel that smells like mild and BO.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback and for your kind understanding about the charge on the double bookings you made. Indeed our price was lower, compared to the other similar establishments in the area, considering the period was Easter holiday season. Regarding the light, it is usually off but turns on automatically when there is somebody passing in the area. About the smell. You are right. there was a sewerage problem on the ground floor in the building on that day. It was fixed next day.

Great location, showers and rooms were very clean. Definitely i recommend it because of the location.

Everything was good, except the fact that the bathroom smeels really bad!!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

had a plumbing issue in the 8 dorm and the staff responded quickly. I appreciate it. thank you!