Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

A/C did not work, room was too hot nobody could sleep, they have an awful system where your key card goes in this wall mounted system to activate lights and turn on the A/C, so the room gets incredibly hot when you are gone, and the small a/c unit cannot cool the room, it was usually 10 degrees hotter in the room than outside. A long walk to many of the major sights but close to main station, bathroom was filled with mosquitos and mould on walls and ceilings, staff were all friendly

• 12th Jun 2015

so close to the train station. clean good sized rooms. good prices and good food next door

One of my worst stay ever, the staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful, they only wanted to to join their pub crawl. I had to pay 5 eu extra for the lock, 3 euro to leave my luggage and 3 eu cause the reception did not have change and I had no time to catch my fligh! I don't know why hostel world recommended this hostel!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Syria

Nice hostel with good wifi and close to termini.

I felt that this hostel was a bit pricey. But I did enjoy the rooftop bar.

Fantastic hostel with a great atmosphere! I had the best time in rome thanks to this excellent hostel. Staff were super friendly and, as a solo backpacker, were great at encouraging you to join the numerous nights they had planned at the hostel. The room I had was very clean with 2 ensuite bathrooms with showers for 6 people which was amazing. Would defo recommend.

It's a good place to stay but I think it would be better if they have more AC connectors in the room because the top bunks doesn't have one and you have to leave your thing away I also think it would be better if they have bigger lockers in the rooms

The staff was kind and the room was very clean. However, the AC in our room didn't work at all. I sweat a ton while I slept at night. On the bright side, the location is right next to the Terminus train station, so it's very easy to get around Rome from here. I also met great people in my room, but that was more luck.

very friendly hostel, the location was great. do the saturday party at the bar it was really fun!

• 6th Jun 2015

Good location with nice staff, but rooms were very humid and bathrooms badly needed updating

Plus side: A/C, close to Roma Termini and lots of parties. Negatives: pretty expensive (may just be Rome), far from attractions (Allesandro downtown may be better) and bar crawl took us to expensive places (still fun though). It is fine, but nothing special - I will look elsewhere for next time in Rome.

Really good location and facilities for the price. Staff were friendly and helpful, but I would recommended either more computers and/or staff during busy hours at the check in desk.

• 4th Jun 2015

The location is very good, near the Termini, and the Hostel's atmosphere is ideal for those that want to party, also respecting the tenants that want to rest. My only disappointment was the bathroom inside the room that was very dirty.

Do the night bar crawls

• 2nd Jun 2015

The staff was so helpful and nice. The activities they have are such a great idea.

• 2nd Jun 2015

A good hostel close to Termini so easy to get by metro or bus to the rest of the city. Not great for meeting other travelers due to the sheer size of the hostel. I attended the roof party and pub crawl and both were good events. Staff were friendly enough but weren't great at giving tips on places to go etc. Rooms are a good size & very clean. Hairdryers in the bathroom are slow but a godsend if like me your hair goes frizzy with heat.

My friends and I had such a great time at the hostel. We got on a first name basis with most of the employees and only have positive things to say. Thanks for providing a comfortable, friendly place for travelers to stay.

• 31st May 2015

AS a solo traveller first time in rome , i couldnt be more pleased. THE STAFF were very welcoming and helpful, and the people staying at the were amazing. The room i stayed is was well worth its money and so clean and was 5 mins a walk from termini station. I highly reccomend the hostel and there services a winning team. Best first hostel experience that i cant wait to be back soon. I wish i stayed longer but left with great memories. ♡♡

• 30th May 2015

i've orginally booked for 1 night but end up staying for 3,the roof party and night out they organized was amazing.when i made the check in the room was pretty clean,but after i came back at night it was not,i understand because i was rooming with 7 other person.i saw the cleaners cleaning the room well so i dont have any complain.the problem is 2 of my room mates took a shower and walk all over the room so there was a mess,but after i called 1 of the staff they immediately clean the room.

• 29th May 2015