Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

I had a really great time here! The staff was really helpful and friendly. There were lots of places to eat around and bars. Also, walk from main station was 5 min and totally easy! The only thing I would complain about is the lack of natural light in the rooms. But even that was no problem since I was out all day. Would definitely stay here again.

It was quite a good hostel. Fine location, fine atmosphere, fine facilities but limited common areas and we found caterpillars in the shower. There was only one lamp in the room, no bed lamps. The room was dark and uninviting, there were locks on the shutters so it felt like there were no windows. Delighted to find out that there wasnt a lockout though, despite what this website says. Would look for another hostel If we were to visit Rome again.

Everything was great but they didn't have a kitchen which would have been good. Nice and clean place to stay for a few nights

Staff are very helpful and in a great location

Some people of staff are not very kind and friendly

Not situated in the most interesting area by all means however very close to the main train station. Fairly average hostel experience.

Good location really close to train station, 4-bed dorm was a very basic small room but when in Rome you can't expect the height of luxury when trying to live on a budget!

everything was pretty good here. one thing I noticed that was frustrating was that almost everybody I talked to had problems with their AC. if you advertise AC, you cannot have all of your units down.

Had a great time! The hostel is in a good location - commutable to both local metro and termini station & from the famous sights of Rome. Rooms were good & well maintained, although the air conditioner was not working. The ambience, people, pub crawl, the lounge and nearby pubs and restaurants were all just perfect like i wanted for my stay!

Great location. Just meters from the Termini train station. This made it convenient to quickly access all the attractions. The room and showers were extremely small but as we were not there to stay in a room all day it worked out well. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. Michael helped us with directions and tickets as well as making us a special shot. The bar and the roof top seating area is perfect for relaxing after ta long day. I would recommend this hostel.

Stayed here for a few nights. It did the job! The staff acted like they didn't want to be there or interact with anyone, apart from when they had to talk. If you're looking for a good location, next to the train station then here is your place

Good hostel, with two bars (which is always handy) and right next to the train station which is great! Most of the staff it extremely friendly. One of the main issues is that there was no kitchen!! But besides that it was a pleasant stay.

I would recommend this hostel for its staff, location, and most certainly the atmosphere. Very social place where you will meet people and can atrend events like bar crawls etc. Next door there's also another hostel with bar and also a discounted restaurant. Don't hesitate !

• 16th Sep 2015

Hey Guys, I have visited Allessandro Palace last week. It is a really nice hostel with a really cool staff and great people. The hostel is placed just a few steps to Rome's main station (Termini) so that you can travel really fast within Rome. Every night there is another kind of party so that you get the chance to get in contact with other travelers very quickly! The rooms are ok and mostly clean, but not special! All together it is a nice place to stay and I really recommend it!

• 15th Sep 2015

The staff was very friendly, the hostel location is at walking distance to some tourist attractions, the metro station near the property facilitates the transportation to all places in Rome. The room didn't have power outlets in each bed, but there was enough in the room for all to charge our phone simultaneously

everything was OK, I will definately choose this hostell again if I go to Rome again

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Azerbaijan

We had an amazing time here!!! The staff is wonderful, accommodating, and so much fun! Only down side the lockers were too small for my backpack, and my pad lock didn't fit the locker lock. But I had zero problems leaving my bag out! I've recommended this place to the people I've met since I left that were headed to Rome! This hostel is a great way to meet new people and just an awesome atmosphere. Would definitely come back here!

Party Hostel! Especially great if you get a good night where they do the terrace cocktail party! Meeting people and events is the strong point of this hostel...don't go if you want to relax and zone out...you have to be up to the party :-D

I thought for the prices concerned that the hostel was a remarkable rip-off. Had I been paying for a dirt-cheap place, I'd have been happy as it was... functional. However at the prices offered there was little to know up-side. The staff were at best bland, and at worst semi-hostile, and their entire modus operandi appeared to be to convince you to pay over the odds for rather dubious excursions. A low-rent Ibiza-lite hostel, poorly lit, grim, dull, lacking communal facilities. Soulless

check in hour is a little bit late,15:00, but my room was already cleaned up by 13:00 and I was able to get in, I appreciate that.-