Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Too expensive for what it offers.. but i think it´s the city. Very nice staff. The luggage store isnt´t that safe, anyone can get any luggage, although i really liked the they had bathrooms down there.

The bathroom in my 8 bed dormitory was constantly a mess. The water evacuation system should be improved, or at least there should be a clean towel on wish you could land after a shower. The security is not good enough. On New Year Eve, I was woken up by a ... female orgasm, when the room was actually filled up with mostly guys. One guy brought a "guest" at 4 AM while half of the room was still partying downtown. I only understood what happened the next morning. Funny, but gross and not serious!

A pleasant stay. Minor hot water issues.

• 28th Dec 2014

Decent value for amenities, however, the blow drier was not functioning in the room or the international payphone. Water would leak into the room after every shower. Was not a big fan of paying 2euros for a towel. For security, residents had the option of placing luggage in basement so as not to place in rooms unlocked if you did not have a padlock.

had so much fun on my stay, made friends with all the staff! the party they organized was great and after the party - you can have cheap breakfast with bramble! definitely recommended! happy new year guys! see you again on summer 2015! :)

• 27th Dec 2014

very good experience

Good location near the metro, which allows for easy access to main parts of Rome including the tourist attraction, but otherwise average hostel. Biggest downsides - the shared bathrooms were pretty dirty. Biggest upside - the newly opened restaurant next by offers discounts for guests. I would recommend staying at The Yellow nearby - we spent most of our downtime there.

Overall I had a pretty good experience with them. The fact it was so close to the train station was very nice but then again it's kinda far from anything else. The staff were excellent, they helped me with so much and gave me wonderful advice. They really went out of their way to make my stay better. The restaurant next door, which is also owned by the same owner, was fabulous. The food and the staff were all great!

The staff was very helpful in guiding us during our stay. The huge map they provide for you is very convenient and the luggage storage room as well (although I don't think anyone watches the luggage room) and it is accessible by anyone since there is a restroom in there. Overall, it is a clean hostel with good vibes and good people. Rome is huge so I can't say much about the location. We definitely did A LOT of walking. Just take the metro or bus everywhere and you'll be fine. I would stay here.

The location is good. It near the train station and easy to reach. But the room is not clean. The staff is not really friendly. They give enough information, but not more, not in a welcome manner. The computer is good. It can read SD card, which help me a lot in copying picture from my camera.

No kitchen and the 'bar' to meet other people closes early. Staff gave information when requested but clearly in a bad mood. The worst thing was some renovation works going on inside the building that started in the morning and woudn't allow any sleep because of the noise.

Good staff,really great hostel, perfect for the areas we were visiting. very clean and nice rooms. it was great great great pleasure guys, thx a lot!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

there is no kitchen for self preparation of meals , you have to pay for each meal , breakfest is not for free like other hostels

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Algeria

Crew is ok not overjoyed with your visit but ok. They got some events going on and they offer a discount on the breakfast at the neighbor restaurant which is very recommendable! Instead of their own €2,- cereal breakfast. The room is nice and clean right next to yellow without the noise and way better facilities! Yes I would recommend this place to anyone!

I thought it was great, had everything I look for in a hostel.

I stay 3 night at this hostel . It was funny. Party was good.

Fantastic deal! The breakfast next door was a bit small, but not bad for 4 euros. This place was the perect choice for Rome. Look no further!

• 16th Dec 2014

I think it's hard to find an excellent hostel in Rome. Good location (near Termini) and very nice The Bramble Bar (good place, food and price). No atmosphere in the hostel.

i can say that the guys at the reception, they are all kind and helpful! well run hostel, clean and decent. breakfast was great, offer discount even at dinner, the restaurant besides them. they also have parties on the bar inside the hostel. i think it will try to comeback again next summer as you guys suggested! mille grazie!

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

it was good, free wifi, free room upgrade! very friendly receptionist.. the bar inside the hostel was perfect, and the breakfast at the bramble was awesome! discounts! thank you!

• 9th Dec 2014