Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

fun hostel, they got activity everyday, cocktail party, night out ! convenient location, informative staff!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

I have to say- being a solo female traveller on my first ever trip was scary- and I didn't know what to expect. However, my three nights at Alessandro were incredible. The atmosphere was amazing and the staff were friendly and fun. Bedrooms are cosy, but clean, and my only downside were the lockers are quite small. I 100% recommend to people who are looking for a sociable hostel with a party vibe but not too noisy that you can't sleep :) THANKYOU Alessandro Palace!

I would describe Alessandro Palace and Bar as a very basic hostel. The location is excellent, only a short walk for the main Termini train station, and all the major attractions of Rome are accessible on foot. Compared to other hostels I've stayed in, Alessandro was expensive and the facilities were just average. Rooms were dated and the toilets and showers grubby. I guess what I missed most was there being a central social area- yes there's the rooftop, but it's only for the party sessions.

one of the best hostel in europe, great staff, clean rooms, cctv everywhere the building for security. bar was good, cheap drinks & cocktails.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great hostel....great location. 5 minute walk from train station. Kind of a party hostel...lots going on. Everyone is nice and friendly. Close enough to the sites of the city. Could keep the rooftop open later or use the bar area as a common room. Not much place to hang out. spotty internet...overall "A"

Rooftop party was great! cheap cocktails and beers! easy way to meet other travelers! location is 5 mins walk from the train station, everything was good! all the staff was approachable which was nice bcoz they gave advise how to get around the city easily.

• 30th Jul 2014

I had a great time in this hostel, location was perfect. Well organized party and tours. The room was clean, and the wifi was fast. breakfast for 4 euros is good. i will recommend this hostel! many thanks!

• 29th Jul 2014

Super convenient as it's close to Termini - but the area doesn't feel particularly safe for single travellers after dark. 6 bed dorm, maybe 2 power outlets, also dark and dingy. The bed I was in squeaked very loudly every time I moved, very disturbing to everyone around, and the springs were poking me. Younger people around me seemed to be having a great time, definitely a party hostel. Thankfully I was just passing through. Didn't compare to the other hostels I've stayed in recently.

Wouldn't go back. The room was in a separate building to the actual hostel. The neighbourhood was dodgey and as a solo female traveller I did not feel safe walking around by myself. It was close to termini station but ages from anything worth looking at.

Great hostel and location. Right near Termini Station if coming from Airport, and walking distance to most sites, even though it's a bit of a walk! Great security, and helpful staff! And amazing rooftop and bar that you can meet a heap of people! Room was gigantic. For a 6 bed dorm there were 2 bathrooms in the room! Will definitely stay and recommend again!

Good hostel. Bit too many rules for my taste. Strong, cheap but poorly mixed cocktails in the bar. Friendly staff.

A handy walk from the traın statıon and bus stop for open top sıght seeıng tours. Good locatıon once you have a handle on the cıty layout. Three hostels ago seems a long tıme ago now for an accurate revıew. Had no problems.

My stay at this hostel was okay until our whole dorm room contracted bed bugs. Bed bugs are unfortunate for any hostel but it's the way a hostel handles the infestation is what's important. It was clear that they weren't ever going to fumigate the room or follow any of the necessary steps to get rid of bed bugs. The dorm occupants weren't moved to new rooms/ beds until we'd complained two nights in a row. We were even made to feel like an inconvenience for complaining about the bugs.

The room i was in was in a building around the corner from the reception which meant it didnt have the atmosphere the advertise. But it was very secure and clean and comfortable. Only thing really the lockers didnt lock. Big thank you to the staff member that offered me a big cup of hot tea when i noticed i was sick!

It's about 10 minutes from Termini station which is perfect to get everywhere. I was not in the building where the reception was, but just around the corner. The guys from the reception were helpfull! Had a 6-personsroom with a bathroom and airco. Shared my room with only guys,but it was okay. The cocktailparty was good! The pubcrawl was a bit weird going by bus, but was fun!

The staff we talked to was very helpful and friendly.

I had such a nice time here, met some cool people. The hotel was clean and in a great location right by termini station. And close to yellow bar which is nice to go hang out and meet people as well. Overall nice choice.

I didn't really enjoy my time at this hostel, unless you're willing to spend 20 euro on the hostel's 'pub crawl' (which only takes you to two places) it's hard to meet people here and the only common area is the rooftop garden, which not many people ended up going to in my experience. Perfect if you just want a place to sleep but not what I would consider a party hostel. Staff were absolutely fantastic though!

There's really nowhere to sit and chill because the bar is closed for cleaning most of the day and you can't bring your own liquor into the only dining area in the hostel. Rooftop patio was nice, but it only really seemed to be open on one night. We also had a ton of ants in our room that took over our snack stash. It's also near the train station which makes things easy but it's not a nice area, very dirty and crowded. The guests at The Yellow looked like they were having fun down the street.

Dear guest, Thank you for you comment. We will consider about the opening time of bar space from earlier time. About the liquor catering, we are afraid it is not allowed in the bar after it opens (from 19:00). We believe the Yellow bar does the same. Rooftop party is programmed throughout summer 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). For the nights in-between we have night-out party arranged with a partner party organization. About the ants, thank you for your report. We will check better the room!

Very fun, friendly staff, lots of activities, easy to meet other travellers!