Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Really social hostel, regular events held so great for solo travellers. Really helpful and friendly staff. One toilet/shower for dorm was a little bit annoying but loved staying here.

Hostel was easy to find however in quite a rough part of the city. Very convenient for the train station but the area lacks the Italian atmosphere and ambience. Staff were really friendly and funny, couldn't fault them. They offered me a free upgrade to a women only form room which I was super grateful for! The wine at the bar downstairs is not good! It was inconvenient that they had no kitchen facilities to use but restaurants around slightly make up for it. You pay for what you get here!

Very close to the train station and good storage facilities!

I didn't spend too much time at the hostel, because I was just out in Rome doing so much, but when I was there, it was nice. I didn't really have any problems, other than that my bed didn't have a pillow or blanket, which I think one of the other girls in the room took, but the guy at the counter happily got me new ones!

I stay for a day. I appriciate everything. Good people. Good atmosphre. Hostel need to improve

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Decent hostel right by Termini which made the travels here very easy and accessible. I walked everywhere and didn't have any issues. The staff were very helpful and kind. The guys that worked there were super friendly. Bar was nice, the next door restaurant that you get a coupon for is a bit pricey and waiters were, "eh." Not worth the coupon, there were other nice places to eat in the area for a reasonable price. I'd definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• 9th Nov 2015

Good place to meet people nice bar! Just the lockers aren't big. But all in all it was a good time!

O hostel é super bom! Perto da estação central de trem, o que torna a localização boa. E de resto tudo ok também!

Great staff. Fun pub crawl Saturday nights. The toilet in our room stank. The top bunks have no rail and the mattress doesn't meet the wall, there is no shelf to put things on and I found things falling behind the bed each night.

Stayed in a dorm mixed room. CJ was really helpful when I arrive. Close to the main train station and metro so getting around Rome was fairly easy. Great restaurants along the street of hostel. Wished the rooms and bathrooms were cleaner and beds smelled fresher. Bigger lockers would have been better too.

I would like to see the bathroom design changed. The shower water carried dirty aspects of the shower towards the toilet where it stayed for days on end. Also I was able to open my locker with the lock still on it. (aka one can open a locker with or without a lock on it)

• 5th Nov 2015

The hostel is pretty cool. The only gripe I have is the pub crawl that is organised there. It's not a pub crawl it's a visit to one bar and one club. The club they take you too is stupidly expensive (10 euros a drink!). For people staying at hostels a fancy club like that is not what most people want

A little loud, but a whole lot of fun. Very clean, very nice staff. A bunch of tours are worked through the bottom floor if you're interested. Only a three-four minute walk from the Termini station (7 Euro bus pass lets you see the city in a day).

Nothing to complain about :)

Great hostel, will come again. Very close to Termini. Tons to see in Rome so can't say anything neg. about it except don't sit in hooligan section of stadium for soccer matches. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Really good hostel with friendly staff who are always willing to help in any way they can. Nice rooms and a good bar to meet people. Short walk from Termini station and to the sights of Rome.

Great place, great atmosphere, great people. Definitely a place to go back to.

Best place for stay in rome. They have a best staff in frontline haha. The location is near from city center, etc. And i have the best room mate of course (room 48)

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

I slept in an 8 bed dorm, but it wasn't cramped at all. Good space. Great security with a swipe pass for each room, plus a locker available. I appreciated the onsite bar: a place we could meet other travellers. Very friendly staff

Brilliant team of staff. Wifi could be alot better (diconnects very regularly).