Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

I stayed there in two diferents bedrooms, the first one with 6 bedroom it was not good, so older and wasn't clean, the second one with 4 bedroom it was much better, clean and not so older. The luggage room is located in a bad place because there is a restrooms, so everytime people walk there for using restroom, it isn't safe.

Party hostel! A bit of a walk to any of the major Roman attractions, but worth staying here if you want to have a good time- rooftop parties, pub crawl, etc.

Right by the main station, termini this hostel is perfect especially with there only being 2 metro lines in Rome it makes the metro accessible to you, with out a long walk to the metro. Plenty of restaurants and bars around including a fellow hostel and bar The Yellow, just around the corner to the hostel! Some staff were a bit load whilst others were more helpful. We're were in a 8 bedroom dorm for 6 nights. The only faults about the room was the hot or cold shower- can't get one anywhere!

Extremely comfortable. Could not believe value for money for such a great location. The staff is more than helpful and extremely hospitable. It makes you feel like home. My first time staying in a hostel, we will certainly return..

• 20th Jul 2014

Usually I fell kind of meh, every time they move me to a different building, but hey! I had such a great time, and the other building was just around the corner! loved the rooftop cocktail parties! Will def come back!

Thank you staff of Alessandro Palace for being so welcoming and helpful! Everything was clean, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Parties every night, to meet people from all over the world. I really enjoyed my time, and I will most definitely be back in the future! VERY GOOD HOSTEL =)

• 18th Jul 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for that classic "hostel" experience of meeting lots of new people and having some drinks and good times together. The place is clean, safe and fun :). The location is right near Termini, which is convenient for getting transportation both around the city and in and out. Also, it's not all that far to walk to many of the main tourist sites.

• 18th Jul 2014

great staff at reception always helpful

First of all, we've been placed in an annex building that seems forgotten by the hostel, without staff and cleanliness. We asked and they changed us. The second room was better, but lacks in cleanliness, because the duvet wasn't changed at all, neither does the matress' cover. I would not recommend this hostel.

The staff were exceptionally unhelpful in regards to any issues we had. In particular they were unable to return my $50 towel which their cleaner had taken from my bed whilst cleaning our room. This was inexcusable, if a staff member takes an item of mine I expect it returned or to be compensated. There were NO power points available for charging that weren't in use for appliances (A/C, TV, etc) and the shower constantly flooded and was mouldy. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel.

most annoying thing was location - a bit annoying being past termini station but minor issue. the atmosphere was great! - the bar upstairs and then the all you can drink before the pub crawl was really fun! rooms were big and clean. aircon didn't work that well and the locker was tiny - also didn't fit either of our padlocks so actually was useless. aside from that had a great time and would recommend!

They overbooked their hostel and I had to stay at the sister hostel, which was just as nice. They have bar crawls/parties, if that's your thing. The rooms are spacious, but there's no common room. Computer room and food are available. Pretty cool place to stay. The air conditioning made it all worth it to me.

Excellent location near Termini station. Air-conditioning was a plus. Breakfast (4 euros) wasn't too great, the beds were a little on the poorly equipped side and the bathroom showed some signs of wear. Also to get electricity in the room you had to put in your keycard, which is tricky when you're staying alone in a dorm room with strangers. A decent hostel if you're looking for a party hostel or you simply don't mind that image (I'm the latter).

Everyone was super chill and they have pubcrawls and garden bbqs. Right next to the main train station and a bit of a walk to the colluseum but it's doable

A little way away from the main drag, staff did the bare minimum, wasn't too bad of a place. Compared to the other 5 hostels we stayed at on our trip this was one would be the 4th best.

The only thing I really wasn't keen on was having to keep pressing the button in the shower for the water as it made a usually straightforward process more of a nuisance. Aside from that, everything was great!

• 11th Jul 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Good athmosphere, especially for backpackers and people who like to party. The room was good with AC, but had a bit of a damp smell. Altogether I had a great stay though!

Great hostel, nice bar and perfect location. The bathroom wasnt that good and the pub crawl desapointed me (only one bar and a small and crowded club). All other things were very good.

We loved the roof garden and bar, spaces like these make the hostel ideal for a solo traveller as it's easy to meet people. Comfy beds and air conditioning which was awesome! Good location for public transport as well, and the staff are great. Loved the cocktail party on the roof garden where they serve cocktails for 3€ and bruschetta or sausage for 1€. I'd definitely return!

Absolutely loved staying here, big rooms, very clean. Very easy to meet people especially with the 3 euro cocktails. Close to everything as well, highly reccomend