Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Terrible security in terms of lockers. Not able to lock at all? Definitely not worth the price I paid but was decent

This hostel is near Termeni station, which is convinient if you have to catch a train but otherwise is not the nicest area of Rome by a long way, and is a fair distance from the main attractions in the city other than the colosseum. The rooms where not very clean, the bathroom was smelly, and I know of more than one problem with allocating the wrong rooms to guests and having to move them elsewhere late at night, in my three days there. Not the worst place but defiantly not the best.

Great helpful firendly staff, lots of help and lots to do.

Good large spacious rooms Staff were very accommodating Loved the two ensuites per room very handy when there are a few people who wish to shower

Nice hostel. Conveniently located next to Termini Station. Beds are comfortable with en suite bathrooms, all clean. The hostel has many facilities, probably the most prominent is the bar on the rooftop which makes it very easy to meet people. They also have a promotion for having a really nice breakfast in the restaurant next door with a nice discount. They put together pub crawling nights, which are ok. I would recommend it.

EXCELLLLENT AND AMAZING STAFF and rooftop! Everything you want when in Rome and near Yellow bar hostel but a bit away from the noise. Lots going on at this place and nice big rooms with aircon WOOOOHOOOO! Loved it!!

Great location right near Termini Train station and the Metro. Helpful staff. Basic accommodation for our three night stay in Rome - all you really need.

I guess Rome is a very expensive city but this hostel is not worth what we payed. Our shower drain got blocked and for the rest of our stay the whole room smelt like mould and sewage. The area the hostel is in is not really near anything you want to visit so everyday you are very exhausted from travelling around the city. No kitchen makes everything a lot harder. The staff were nice from what we saw but there was very limited interaction with them.

This place was awesome. The most sociable hostel I've stayed in. Thanks guys.

The staff was so nice. We only stayed one night and they knew our names at check out! One of my friends hurt her foot and the staff had a first aid kit and was very accommodating and nice to us. Also, the hostel was very close to termini station which is a very central stop to go many places in Rome!

• 20th Jun 2015

My main issue with the hostel is that, they want to charge everything as an extra even the lockers..., breakfast, towels, etc, they don't have a kitchen, and it seems that they don't treat you the same if you don't go to their party on Saturday... I felt kind of weird sometimes, I went two times, the first time was a little bit better than the second one, not coming back. Another thing is that the rooms smells really bad sometimes..

Great hostel, staff were a bit too pushy trying to get people to go to the bar nights and drinking events. I came to Rome to sightsee not to party.

• 18th Jun 2015

This hostel is very close to the termini station and has many places to eat near it. The beds were clean and there were lockers for personal belongings, but no locks. The bathroom andshower was relatively clean and handsoap was provided. I did not feel comfortable showering without shoes on and the room was very warm when we arrived because the cleaning crcrew kept opening the windows. Overall, really great place. Somewhat pricey for the quality of the room, but otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

• 18th Jun 2015

Not great and not terrible.

Stayed here for three nights. Got put in an annex building but it was safe and secure! It was a great place to stay the restaurant beside was fairly well priced and the pub crawl was fun minus trying to find our way home. Had a weird roommate one night who did inappropriate things but other than that the experience was good overall.

This was okay for one night but I wouldn't stay longer. The facilities really need an upgrade- the door of our bathroom wouldn't close and the shower flooded :(

Not a hostel to meet people for free - No lounge area, hostel promotes cocktail bar insted to buy drinks to meet people, Wifi is rubbish - cuts out every 5 minutes in the room, no kitchen, €7 breakfast next door is rubbish. Good room, spacious, close to train station.

What a great hostel. Good location. I felt like I was in a 4 star hotel although it was a shared dorm. Spacious rooms. The bathroom facilities were excellent especially the showers - good doors so there were no puddles on the floor like many hostels. The roof garden was really nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The sole drawback were the bunk beds in the room. The lower bunks have an upholstered board surrounding the mattress which was painful to climb over. Still this place is a gem.

Excelente hostel ! A 4 cuadras de la estación central, el staff muy amigable, la habitación y el baño limpios , con aire acondicionado y wifi, súper céntrico y seguro cerca se puede tomar el metro para ir a todos las atracciones turísticas de Roma , lo recomiendo muchísimo la verdad, fue mi primer viaje a Roma y sin dudarlo me quedaría nuevamente aquí .

Everything was perfect. The staff is really kindfull and they helped me with everything I needed, maybe a kitchen for the guests will make the hostel a little better and also some times the wifi was inestable