Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

I loved staying here. They have clean rooms, great activities (mainly pub crawls), large terrace, cheap bar, a great team. Location is perfect, close to Termini station. They also organize tours with a good price. You also get a discount for breakfast and dinner at the restaurant next door.

• 6th May 2015

Only one night but it was perfect. Made friends at the pubcrawl. Great deal and they let you store your bags in theyr luggage deposit after the checkout. I will be back with my mother

• 6th May 2015
  • India

The hostel is located in a pretty good spot, only a short location from the main train station. The staff were helpful when needed. Our toilet stopped work and they had it fixed quickly. The beds were not the greatest and are only about 6ft in length. The beds were the part that felt a little unclean with a few stains on them although they do change the sheets quite often. Over all I would recommend this if looking for a slightly quieter hostel but still want to party a few nights.

It's a party hostel. Plain and simple

Amazing stay at Alessandro Palace! Great place to meet new people, to have fun and party! great location and value of money Definitely will come back in a few months. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wanna have fun in Rome and make new friends? Go to Alessandro Palace. RECOMAND!!!

• 5th May 2015

I had a great stay at Alessandro's, I could call it an adevnture. They had an amazing roof-top garden on the fifth floor, excelent to go chill and meet new people. The Bar is really cool, especially the nights out. Location is very very good, just 5 minutes away from Termini Station. I was in an 8 bed dorm and I have to say the room was very clean and big. Best thing? THE STAFF! The Phillipine guy Carlo helped me alot, explained to me everything I need to know and at night, NAS rules! RECOMAND!!

• 5th May 2015

I had a fantastic time at Alessandro Palace. Really great atmosphere, with the bar and restaurant downstairs and a rooftop terrace. Room was spacious and clean, location is very close to Termini Station. They also have breakfast downstairs for just 2€ on Sundays. I definitely recommend!

One of the best hostels in Rome - always fun and friendly staff with plenty to do. Made friends easily, would love to go back!

A very good place to stay in Rome. The Hostel is clean and have a very good atmosphere. A short walk from the Termini Station and with lots of good restaurants around.

First, let me say that as a solo traveler I want to meet people and feel at home in a hostel. Alessandro's felt more like a hotel, but it wasn't as clean as one... my bedsheets didn't look as if they had been cleaned properly. And seriously, 44 euro for a night in a four bed dorm with tiny beds is not worth the money. Maybe I'm just not used to the prices in Rome, but I don't think it's worth it. On the upside, staff was very friendly and helpful, this place just wasn't what I was looking for.

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback, indeed, we are aware about our rating on cleaning and since this week we have started to focus on it in order to improve our service. Regarding the price, the 1st May was considered the special period such as Easter and New year's, and accommodation in entire Rome should have had higher price. Please kindly notice that our price was not exaggerated compared to those with similar standards. Thank you for the compliment for our staff!!

I didn't mind staying here.. but what brought it down for me was the cleanliness.. the comforter didnt get changed between guests (we saw this) and i also woke up with some kinda bites over my legs from the bed..

The staff here was wonderful! Very nice and helpful. We had an issue with our first room (involving cleanliness and hygiene) and the staff moved us to another room, but we found another cleanliness/hygiene problem there (not one worth complaining about). I felt like there was no community here...no lounge, no communal feeling. We found ourselves visiting other hostels for that! :-( It was pretty expensive for what we got.... so if I were to visit Rome again I would not stay here (to be honest).

For what I needed, it was a great little place to stay for about a week in Rome. The accommodations were definitely very hostel-y, but you get what you pay for. My only complaint would be the staff, who asked me 3-4 times whether or not I was staying there, and why I was bringing a bag up to my room. I get that they're trying to make sure the space is secure, and I appreciate it, but after staying there for 5 days I feel like I shouldn't get asked every time I walk in if I'm a guest.

Located near the Roma Termini (5 min walk) but in a borderline shady neighborhood. The lock on our door was busted so you had to slam the door every time you left the room. Lockers were given but you can only use the small key locks (no dial locks). No laundry. No kitchen. There is a bar in the hostel that offers a Tuesday night bar crawl for 20 euro. Noisy if you keep your windows open. Ensuite bathrooms are ok. Overall an OK hostel but definitely not the 85% rating on hostelworld.

Everything was good. thanks to Allessandro hostel and its stuff. we will see next time :)

Stayed in a comfortable 4-bed room ensuite. Conveniently located within a short walk from the train station. Liked it more with the helpful reception staff,

It was a nice room and had private bathroom for the six of us which is always a good thing. Hostel had its own bar, but didn't manage to check it out, staff was alright, definitely wouldn't put it in my top ten, but nice back up plan.

I had a great stay at Alessandro Palace & Bar. Very close to train and metro station, which made it really easy to get around the city. Great restaurant right next door. Staff was friendly and helpful. My room had a bathroom&shower ensuite, which were both clean. The room of 6 beds had only 4 small lockers (big enough for duffle bag sized luggage; own lock required). The bar was always full of other hostel guests at night. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it!

My stay at Alessandro Palace Hostel was definitely memorable! I met some amazing people there with who we shared bunch of stories on the rooftop at night. The staff was very friendly (mostly Andrei)! I had no problems with any facilities, except the elevator but walking up the stairs doesn't kill nobody! The location couldn't be any better at a 5min walk from Termini. My next stay in Rome will be there again for sure!

If you are just looking for a fun place to crush at night, this is your hostel. It's comfortable, the rooms are spacious and the wifi is excellent. It doesn't have a common room or sth like that, though, apart from the bar, so if you're looking for somewhere to chill maybe it's not the best option. Otherwise, I totally recommend it