Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Very good hostel.Great rooftop party organised.

The use of 'Palace' in this hostel's name is definitely ironic. I can only echo all other reviewer's advice: don't get the breakfast. Get it around the corner from the yellow hostel's cafe. Better yet, stay at the yellow, everyone there seemed really happy.

Dear Madam, It is fine for us that you recommend the Yellow hostel. However, you may need to post a review after you actually stay at the Yellow. Frankly speaking, it is not responsible and useful at all for future travellers to suggest (echo?) a place because "everyone there SEEMED happy.".. We are also afraid we may not understand well your sense of irony, either. Thank you anyway for your comment. We wish you the rest of your trip has gone well and you have fully enjoyed it.

Close to termini. Great atmosphere. Cool staff with good advice on things to do in Rome. Very clean with comfy beds and good AC

No kitchen, no fridge.

hello, thank you for your review, i am sorry that you were unsatisfied with our facilities, however, on the hostel information page we do not advertise or claim to have kitchen or fridge facilities for guests. Had you asked we could have found some space for your perishables in the fridge at the bar as a courtesy. thank you for your feedback.

I had a great time in alessandro palace, perfect location, accommodating staff. cocktail party was great, cheap cocktails! thanks to ian! i will recommend this hostel to everybody!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Sink was clogged half the time during my stay. Staff was rude on multiple occasions coming back into the hostel after stepping outside for a second during their nightly rooftop bar event.

A really great place. I was travelling alone and found it really easy to meet people here. There is always something going on and you never feel forced to get involved. It really is a great place to stay and recommend it highly. The staff are friendly and tera does a great job organising the nights out!! All in all, great and would defo stay here again!!! OJ x

This hostel was fabulous. The staff were friendly and helpfull. We had such a good time. It perfectly situated in the heart of Rome. The tours with the partner tour company was great as well. The rooms get cleaned daily, the service is great. No compalints

• 25th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

The 8 bed rooms were very large! There were lockers in the room for every person and each room has a bathroom which was kept very clean, the air conditioner was amazing considering Rome is one of the most humid places I went on my trip. It was by far the best hostel I had on the whole trip! The staff was friendly and helpful there were bar crawls and rooftop parties every night.

Good value for money, excellent location, main downfall was the sketchy wi-fi

• 24th Jun 2014

I had a great stay here. I am a 24y.o female travelling alone and stayed in a 4 bed dorm with bathroom. I loved it. I was lucky to have stayed in a room with 3 other really cool guys. There were lockers in our rooms, bathroom was nice and clean and we did the pub crawl which was fun. also the rooftop tce drinks are relaxing. location is great a very short walk to termini train station (which is a big main station) where you can pretty much get to anywhere quickly and easily. I would stay again.

• 24th Jun 2014

Great location, and super close to the train station and shuttle to the airport. This hostel throw great parties everynight on the rooftop, pub crawls or BBQs. The room were good, but the bathrooms need to be upgraded. (No drain on the bathroom floor so water pooled up after showers. There is a travel agency inside the hostel complex so booking trips and sights in Rome were right there!

It is located 5 minutes to Termini which makes it handy to transport with luggage; very clean and the bar offers a very good vibe enhanced by the world cup mood. Recommended.

Friendly staff!

This hostel is great for meeting people, and is conveniently located to Termini station, however it's a little far from the sights. At times, it felt a little unclean (a few times the cleaning staff cleaned the wrong bed for people who had left, so those checking in did not have a clean bed) but nothing glaring. The bar crawl was a fun way to meet people, however a little expensive and you only get like one free shot and one free drink. I would recommend this or the downtown location.

Fun place with a cool rooftop patio. Good location to walk to and from the Colosseum. Very accommodating staff and multiple restaurants nearby. Pretty sure all the bunks had their own lights and outlets. Honestly can't think of a downside.

The price is too high for what it offers. I paid 26 per night, to stay in an 8 person's mixed bedroom with a bathroom that was never cleaned (or did not look like it was cleaned).

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Greece

Staffs are very nice and helpful

Great hostel and convenient location. Rooms were generally clean, and staff was great. The pub crawl was fun too including flip cup.

Location is quite good very near from the train station, from there we visited all main attraction(including the Vatican, it's ok if you like to walk :) ) on foot. Staff is very friendly and helpful.