Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Good hostel with a good location, near the train station and if you like walk, you can go walking to a lot of turistic places.

• 24th May 2015

Clean, great location, overall pleasant stay. Bar and restaurant was nice and open late!

this hostel was super close to termini station and right by a bunch of delicious restaurants. unfortunately it is has very thin doors and people come back in the middle of the night and we're yelling and banging in the hallway. my room was on the first floor so I could hear everything from the ground floor as well and that really sucked.

• 24th May 2015

I would never stay here again. When I arrived my bed wasn't made. They aren't able to keep up with which beds are still in use and which have been vacated so the cleaning lady would make the wrong beds everyday. You can't open the doors to the windows so you can't get any sunlight into the room and the lighting was so dark it made everything seem so dingy. There wasn't enough outlets for the room. The bathroom was disgusting. There was a terrible smell of urine and the shower flooded everyda

the bar area made the entire downstairs a little loud at night, but otherwise it was great.

Stayed here for a night after travelling elsewhere around Italy. Awesome location and the staff are super super helpful and friendly! The rooms themselves are quite small but really pleasant and the facilities are good. Would definetly recommend for central Rome close to the Termini

It is extremely loud due to all the guests who are overly dedicated to partying, and there are two outlets in a four person room, meaning some people (usually those on the top bunks) get stuck without a way to charge their devices. Additionally, only one overhead light per room, so once it's dark there's no way to see anything without that huge light. Beds were uncomfortable, too. For what I was paying, I expected more. Would not stay again.

• 22nd May 2015

It was an excellent experience! Maybe it would have been better if our room was inside the hostel rather than in an annex building! It was really confortable and have a good friendly atmosphere

Booked the hostel to stay over the weekend in ROMA, and this place was amazing! Excellent location, good value for money and very helpful staff, especially Andrei (This is where i give a big shout out to him). the hostel bar was fun and lively and as a typical hostel, meeting new people sharing same affinities gets very simple. The only problem experienced was the WIFI in the rooms which weren’t connecting and it was more of a common problem among other residents rather that an isolated one. Except that, everything was just fine

This hostel was okay. It has the necessities and some fun activities, but most people usually went to Yellow to have fun. The staff wasn't very helpful either. We had some issues with someone in our room and the staff was not very understanding.

The hostel was close to public transit and Termini Station but if you wanted to easily walk to anywhere in Rome then it became a bit of a chore being located so far from the centre. Getting to e station from e hostel though was a breeze and made life very simple. The rooms were reasonably comfortable and clean and they had lockers, which was a huge plus. Note: it is a party hostel! I wasn't looking for one and outside people didn't quiet down until well after 2 or 3 in the morning.

This hostel was in a great location as it is only a short walk from the train station. The staff were very friendly and more than willing to accommodate for our needs, however the absence of a communal kitchen was disappointing.

My friend and I checked in really late into the night because our flight has some sort of delay. The location was easy to find as it is close to Termini Station. Just a heads up if you find yourself in this situation-there is a airport shuttle bus that stops operating at 12am that you can take into the city. The staff were friendly but the facilities were sort of dirty (stayed in a 6 female dorm). The showers were very small and crammed. Lockers were a little small for our liking.

• 19th May 2015

If you are looking at this location, stay at yellow hostel around the corner. Our aircon in our room did not work. We asked the staff to fix it and possibly replace the missing remote to control the aircon. The staff went up to our room and told us that it was working and that we were wrong. We literally sweat through the nights. To add to the discomfort, the drains in the bathroom floor made our room smell like we were sleeping in a garbage dump. Make your life better and dont stay here.

First time in Roma, i had a good stay here :) They had a cocktail party in the night I was there. Fun, with cheap cocktail, and bruscheta aswell :) I will be back for sure

• 18th May 2015
  • Pakistan

Love love loved this place- the people are fantastic, the staff is hilarious and the overall experience was amazing. The pub crawls are totally worth it. I was a bit hesitant at first, but we ended up going to both of the pub crawls that happened while we were there. Highly recommended

Only thing that was difficult about staying here was that there wasn't wifi in our room, so we had to always be in the common room downstairs. The bathroom was really nice and the staff was understanding when there was a miscommunication with our booking.

• 16th May 2015

This hostel was a great place to stay because it very close to the train and metro. They have a restaurant next door, that I for sure wouldn't recommended, especially for breakfast. There are so many other option in Rome. The one problem with the hostel is that the whole 5 nights I was there I couldn't get the key to unlock the door into the building. It was very annoying and many guest I talked to had the same problem. Luckily so many people stayed there you're bound to catch someone leaving.

Bathroom door didn't shut which was very inconvenient, and the hostel wasn't great for meeting people

When we got there we were immediately greeted by a guy named Mike who soon became our absolute favorite staff member in the hostel - he's the best! Hostel was fun, definitely safe and had a pretty cool bar. We loved the location as it was so close to the metro and bus station. We stayed in the building across the street from the main reception area (the hostel has 2 buildings) & the only problem was that the hallway and connected bathroom smelled sometimes. Plus the room was quite warm at night.