Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Great place and great people!!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Bangladesh

The staff were super friendly on arrival. They gave me a map & discounts for the restaurant next door. Night events are great here! Well organised. Roof top terrace is good fun at night with the cocktail party! Rooms spacious and clean! Bathroom and showers good! Warm water & good AC. A few min walk from Termini train station. If you want awesome food, go across the road to Rossi - amazing food & staff! Tip for the colosseum - buy your ticket from the Roman Forum, lines are a few min wait :)

awesome time at this place, met the best people ever! The guy who works behind the bar Mike is the coolest guy on earth and the bar crawl is a must do thing when you come here!

• 27th Jul 2015

They assigned me to whatever bed that was available without directing me to the room personally. The staff in the front didn't seem like they wanted to help me and were brief when they answer my question. The lockers inside the room had a handle that was difficult for a normal padlock to lock. Overall, only a nice place to stay for one night, but not really a nice place to meet other people.

Would be nice if there was a kitchen. Also pretty annoyed the staff wouldn't tell us the last bar our hostel was heading to as we went out for a late dinner w friends and wanted to meet w the hostel later. The excuse was that he didn't want to be responsible for us if we came drunk but obviously when any individual comes to a bar they're responsible for themselves. I've worked at a hostel for months as the events manager so I know how it works. Also AC in the rooms don't work! So hot!!!

The wifi didn't work at all. I had to wait until I got to the airport after staying there for free wifi.

A friend and myself stayed at Alessandro Palace (2 nights then 1 night between trains). We had high expectations as it was advertised as one of 'Europe's Best Hostels' (a few of which we also stayed at and found fantastic, namely, Hostel of the Sun in Naples). The first time we stayed here, checked in and arrived in the room to find that there was no free beds. One of the staff members came in (after quite a lengthy wait) and merely remade the bed using the dirty sheets. As we were extremely tir

Disappointed at the gender ratio at the bar crawl.

I had a private room en suite with my sister, and we really loved the location and the staff was helpful. The only thing that wasn't great was the bathrooms. I felt like they weren't the cleanest but it was incredible to have air con during a European heatwave.

The hostel was awesome . Specially if you want to party and meet new people .. I will say the cleanliness was not their forte . The toilets and the showers appeared could have used a proper scrubbing to removed what it may appeared mold ( black shade between tile ) and back stains in the inside base of the toilet ... Furthermore it is a hostel and I was expecting it . In the big picture it was awesome I would stay there again specially because my AC was working

all of the various negative reviews are correct. if you can afford to stay somewhere else do it. the only good things were the air conditioning and the close proximity to termini.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.. and sad to recognize it was not considered to be good that we lent you our postal address to receive your delivery on your way in travel. We were happy to help you out because we thought you were in difficulty but it did not have a meaning to you..

The hostel is in a great location, right near the termini and within walking distance of the main attractions in Rome. facilities were good, i was there during the height of summer so it was quite hot and the aircon could have been better but other than that i had a great stay and would recommend this hostel.

Great location- plus side it's so close to the train station. If you want to party this is a great place, the pub crawls are great. We had "air con" but it only made a corner of our 4 bed dorm cold- it was 35+ weather so the rooms were so warm especially on the fourth floor. Overall nice stay here.

The hotel staff were good. The guy who corrdinated the events was very personable and friendly as well as Nas. The cleanliness was OK however I wasn't super impressed. In fact 4 of the 8 of us in the room ended up with giant bites from something on us :( no idea what it's from but it's a few days post and I still have them. Beds were rather small but manageable and the bathroom shower was very small, difficult to shut the door and stand in the shower at the same time.

All staff, but one, were not helpful at all. The complaints we had were passed onto the next staff member on shift because the staff are lazy. The hostel smelt like a bottle depot. The bathroom lightswitch was broken so the light and fan were constantly on. The shower drain and the bathroom sink were plugged and were flooding the bathroom. The shower was slimy and full of mold.

This is a party hostel... So sleep is non existent with the bar downstairs. The shower in our room flooded every time we used it but the location of this hostel is hard to beat.

As a whole was not great. It was in a good location and it was relatively clean and safe but it had many faults. The staff on arrival were sarcastic bordering rude, no tips about the local food or sites apart from being given a voucher to the touristy restaurant next door. Aircon in the room leaked and didn't really do much at all, the rooms and hallway smelled like a bad toilet. You can't rely on location alone, I won't be returning, there are many other better hostels around this area.

Very close to Termini, Priced reasonably, The staff was friendly. It had a bar for a common room so I found it very welcoming. A great hostel for solos and/or groups. Yes I would come back.

This hostel is pretty decent, it has a bar, rooftop area, great location (Near Termini), plenty of restuarants in the area and the front desk was able to organise plenty of tourist activities. The major criticisms are that if you want to party you would be better off either staying at The Yellow or at least going to their bar around the corner and sleeping at Alessandro as its way more chill. The other criticism is that there is no common room. A pretty decent hostel, it just wasn't amazing.