Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

I STAYED AT THIS HOSTEL FOR MORE THAN 4 DAYS AND I FIND THE SERVICE AND LOCATION REALLY PERFECT. I DON'T THINK YOU CAN FIND A BETTER PLACE TO STAY WHILE IN ROME. THE STAFF IS GREAT AND REALLY HELPFULL WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

• 5th May 2014
  • Macedonia

This is a nice place, friendly + helpful staff and clean. Metro stop just around the corner and a 5 min walk to the train station.

The location is not that good. It's not far from the city center (15-20min walking to the Colessum) and less than 2min from the train station Termini. But the neighborhood around the train station is really sketchy...I didnt feel confortable in that hostel and I didnt want to go out at night and to walk around in those streets. The room are clean, there is a bar but no kitchen but they let you eat your food at the bar. The staff is nice but not that much helpful. Not really value for money

you get what you pay for, rooms were cramped, if someone snored, everyone knew it was close to the train, which made it convenient, staff was helpful in pointing out where to go and other things internet was slow most times, but we were grateful they had computers there

wifi connection is pretty bad, didn't work properly on my phone nor on my computer would be nice to have some kind of common lounge room with some sofas to hang out

You ought to know that you need to bring your own towel, the blankets weren't changed regularly (I was in a dorm) and you need your own padlock. Otherwise it was good value for money, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, there was a nice hostel bar downstairs and you can go on a roof-terrace. The hostel is very close to Termini station which is quite good for getting anywhere.

Location, great. Right next to termini station. Rooms, nice, clean, comfortable Facilities, bar is convenient, but not all desktops were operational. Staff, friendly One thing that bothered me was they own a separate building around the corner which we ended up staying at. The rooms was nice, but it was not what I was informed, thought I would be staying in the main building. Would appreciate a head up on the website regarding two buildings.

WiFi is really slow and spotty. I actually left Alessandro to use the WiFi at the yellow hostel down the street. Staff was overall good except one guy who was watching TV on his computer and made me feel like I was bothering him by asking questions. ALSO be aware that the airport bus schedule they have is incorrect. Thank god I arrived early because their listed bus time was 10 minutes later than the actual time.

Thank you for providing a great and affordable stay, I enjoyed my time at Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar. I would visit again next time I'm in Rome.

It's a confortable location because it's near to Termini, but far to any place like the Colisseo, I didn't like the bedrooms, the beds are a little bit unconfortables. The staff is nice and the breakfast is 4€ but it's not bad.

Normal hostel

Great hostel, the only bad thing is the wifi doesn't works in the rooms so you have to go to the common room. Breakfast is 4€ and is ok. It may be a little expensive but is very close to termini.

This hostel was an okay place to spend a few days in. It was relatively nice and pretty indicative of a normal hosteling experience. However, THE WIFI IS TERRIBLE. It hardly works at all. This was horrible for our trip because it made us unable to look up directions, plan what we wanted to do, and contact other people. It didn't work at all and the hostel employees were not very helpful in remedying the situation at all. However, they were helpful in getting around the city.

If I come back to Rome, I will definitely stay here again. The staff here were absolutely awesome! The facilities were good, the hostel is VERY close to the train station, and there are a bunch of good little restaurants within a few feet of the front door. They do have a weird "second building" where they have more rooms, but it's literally around the corner, so it's no big deal. Don't stay at the sister hostel though (Allessandro Downtown) because the staff there sucks.

the hostel was really fine to stay in but we had the room above the bar and it was really really noisy... Don't expect to sleep much or party!

i had a really good time there, great staff.

Kinda pricey but the staff was really friendly. Located just down the street from Termini station, but kind of far from the rest of the sites. Pretty easy to take the metro, though. Cleaning service stole my towel (guess that's what I get for having an all white, nondescript towel), but I told the guy at the front desk, and he gave me a clean one to use and helped me to get mine back.

When you sleep you should leave the blind open or you will sleep over in the morning! The breakfast is not that good and expensive, my suggestion is to have breakfast at an Italian cafe or buy a piece of pizza would be much better than having breakfast at the hostel.

The Hostel is not as good as it says on internet. The bedrooms are big but everything (not only in the bedrooms) is old and not really well maintained. The atmosphere is more for those that enjoy parties, young people/teenagers style. There is no living room and no kitchen. The internet wi fi is very bad. Despite of the friendly staff and good location I will not stay in this hostel again, it's not good enough for the price charged.

Pluses: Extremely nice and helpfull staff with excellent english skills, room (twin private) really cosy and clean, convenient location. Minuses: Drain in the shower was almost completely stuck and air-conditioning didn't work as it should (easily fixable and minor problems really ;)). We warmly recommend!!! :)

• 9th Apr 2014