Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The size of the beds is for persons smaller than 1.80 cm. If someone is bigger than that, he/she will have a bad time sleeping. The street is very noisy

Banged my head on the bunk above me a few times but enjoyed meeting people through room sharing. Our room was quiet and it was the first place with air con in three weeks of travelling, noisy but a blessing in hot Rome. Breakfast was basic but really cheap. Thanks for a great stay.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was great, clean and organized. Staff very nice. The wifi only worked in the bathroom in my room, but in my friend's room it was perfect. I just dont recomend to do any excursions with them, because it seemed over priced. The hostel is great though.

To be quite honest I was very pleasantly surprised with everything at the hostel, with the exception of the staff. While they were very helpful in some regards, when I put forth the effort to speak Italian with them (I was in Italy to tone up on my skills acquired through more than 6 years of studying the language. They were rude and mocked me un-relentlessly to the point where my friend and I felt uncomfortable and left. They also changed the wrong beds when someone new moved in.

• 2nd Aug 2014

I was put in a room of all boys which was a bit weird but I didn't stay in the room much so it wasn't so bad haha. The room was nice, big, clean, good shower pressure but it was annoying that you had to keep pushing in the button for the water release (it was on a timer system so every 10 secs you had to push it in again). Apart from that it was great.

• 1st Aug 2014

I went alone to Rome but I never felt to be alone, not even for a second. Really nice staff and environment:) Pub crawl was also good, but the club, we ended up, should be changed (this is only my oppinion).

• Hungary

Nice rooms and Facilities, good experience for travelers who dont bother the crowded rooms as private rooms are quite expensive need to buy a Locker though

fun hostel, they got activity everyday, cocktail party, night out ! convenient location, informative staff!

• New Zealand

I have to say- being a solo female traveller on my first ever trip was scary- and I didn't know what to expect. However, my three nights at Alessandro were incredible. The atmosphere was amazing and the staff were friendly and fun. Bedrooms are cosy, but clean, and my only downside were the lockers are quite small. I 100% recommend to people who are looking for a sociable hostel with a party vibe but not too noisy that you can't sleep :) THANKYOU Alessandro Palace!

I would describe Alessandro Palace and Bar as a very basic hostel. The location is excellent, only a short walk for the main Termini train station, and all the major attractions of Rome are accessible on foot. Compared to other hostels I've stayed in, Alessandro was expensive and the facilities were just average. Rooms were dated and the toilets and showers grubby. I guess what I missed most was there being a central social area- yes there's the rooftop, but it's only for the party sessions.

one of the best hostel in europe, great staff, clean rooms, cctv everywhere the building for security. bar was good, cheap drinks & cocktails.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great hostel....great location. 5 minute walk from train station. Kind of a party hostel...lots going on. Everyone is nice and friendly. Close enough to the sites of the city. Could keep the rooftop open later or use the bar area as a common room. Not much place to hang out. spotty internet...overall "A"

Rooftop party was great! cheap cocktails and beers! easy way to meet other travelers! location is 5 mins walk from the train station, everything was good! all the staff was approachable which was nice bcoz they gave advise how to get around the city easily.

• 30th Jul 2014

I had a great time in this hostel, location was perfect. Well organized party and tours. The room was clean, and the wifi was fast. breakfast for 4 euros is good. i will recommend this hostel! many thanks!

• 29th Jul 2014

Super convenient as it's close to Termini - but the area doesn't feel particularly safe for single travellers after dark. 6 bed dorm, maybe 2 power outlets, also dark and dingy. The bed I was in squeaked very loudly every time I moved, very disturbing to everyone around, and the springs were poking me. Younger people around me seemed to be having a great time, definitely a party hostel. Thankfully I was just passing through. Didn't compare to the other hostels I've stayed in recently.

Wouldn't go back. The room was in a separate building to the actual hostel. The neighbourhood was dodgey and as a solo female traveller I did not feel safe walking around by myself. It was close to termini station but ages from anything worth looking at.

Great hostel and location. Right near Termini Station if coming from Airport, and walking distance to most sites, even though it's a bit of a walk! Great security, and helpful staff! And amazing rooftop and bar that you can meet a heap of people! Room was gigantic. For a 6 bed dorm there were 2 bathrooms in the room! Will definitely stay and recommend again!

Good hostel. Bit too many rules for my taste. Strong, cheap but poorly mixed cocktails in the bar. Friendly staff.

A handy walk from the traın statıon and bus stop for open top sıght seeıng tours. Good locatıon once you have a handle on the cıty layout. Three hostels ago seems a long tıme ago now for an accurate revıew. Had no problems.

My stay at this hostel was okay until our whole dorm room contracted bed bugs. Bed bugs are unfortunate for any hostel but it's the way a hostel handles the infestation is what's important. It was clear that they weren't ever going to fumigate the room or follow any of the necessary steps to get rid of bed bugs. The dorm occupants weren't moved to new rooms/ beds until we'd complained two nights in a row. We were even made to feel like an inconvenience for complaining about the bugs.