Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

Did not enjoy this hostel. Was not clean at all

Fun place to stay. Very clean and the staff was very helpful. My shared room had a private bathroom with shower which was a plus. about a 10min walk to the main station and 10min train ride to the main attractions. For the price I don't think you'll find a better accommodation.

Was pretty dissapointed while the hostel. Very very very dirty only good thing was the location.

Really fun place, great for a party, they have them almost every night. Quite close to train station and subway which is great for site seeing. Good place to experience Rome from. The staff there are also fantastic very good at recommendations and chillin' with guests vibes.

I had a good experience at Hostel Alessandro. The location was ideal because it is a very short walking distance from the train station (Termini) and I was able to hop on the City Sightseeing bus nearby. You definitely need to take transportation to all the sites though, which really isn't a big deal. The room itself was average. The door to the bathroom didn't work. Wifi was good. Overall not a bad stay and I would go back if I had to.

Fairly reasonable hostel in a city where everything is quite expensive. The bar within the hostel is good for meeting people, and they run pub crawls which is also a lot of fun. A bit of a walk to the main part of town but that's fine, walking is the name of the game in Rome. Staff were friendly, but most of the lockers in the rooms didn't work, which is fine if you just padlock your bag.

First when I came I was afraid 'cos they said me it was wrong book kind of system eror "it is not possible for 3 Euro a night" they searcher his comp. Found something and let me go in.In total I am happy. THANK YOUR STAFF VERY MUCH

This was my 3rd stay at this hostal... the staff courteus and very helpful and specially Iliescu Anarei.. this young man is always nice and informative.....I recommend to all my friends when visit Rome....to stay at this Hostel...

Average hostel. Rooms were dark and dingy - blankets dirty. Bathroom door didn't close and water flooded the bathroom floor after each shower. I stayed in much nicer places for much less money during my travels. Lockers were small and unable to accommodate all locks. Staff were friendly and helpful. I wouldn't stay here again.

This hostel is okay but for the money you're paying, a cover for the unwashed comforter wouldn't go astray. It isn't very modern, which is fine, but for a similar price the hostel yellow around the corner offers much more.

When we arrived the guy manning the desk told me I had made 2 reservations for my sister and myself and that I had to pay for the first night for both of us. At 30 something euros each that's a fair amount. Especially for a room down a hall way with no lights in a hostel that smells like mild and BO.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback and for your kind understanding about the charge on the double bookings you made. Indeed our price was lower, compared to the other similar establishments in the area, considering the period was Easter holiday season. Regarding the light, it is usually off but turns on automatically when there is somebody passing in the area. About the smell. You are right. there was a sewerage problem on the ground floor in the building on that day. It was fixed next day.

Great location, showers and rooms were very clean. Definitely i recommend it because of the location.

Everything was good, except the fact that the bathroom smeels really bad!!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

had a plumbing issue in the 8 dorm and the staff responded quickly. I appreciate it. thank you!

this place is as average as it gets, not a good place to stay in Rome

Definitely a fun place to meet new people and have fun! Staff was nice, but it would have been nice to have a kitchen at least, wifi is a little spotty, but overall a good experience.

Very nice clean hostel in the center of Rom only 5 min to the train station. The restaurant next door is ok; has more of a hotel atmosphere than hostel atmosphere - but it is a good place

Very good place and Friendly staff. I totally recommend this hostel for everyone.

Good hostel near to Termini, the bar close early but you can go to party near by. The Bramble Bar & Kitchen is next to the hostel, you have discounts and the food is good and not that expensive.

This was a great hostel for anyone who wants to meet other travelers because the bar area is really cute and there were events every night. The blankets were kind of gross looking. No shortage of hot water, but if someone was in your room's shower, you were kind of stuck. The location wasn't ideal because it was past the train station and we wanted to walk everywhere, but it still only took about 30 minutes to walk to the Colosseum and the Pantheon. Staff was very friendly and I felt safe.

• 25th Mar 2015