Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The guy that organised the pub crawl and social events was amazing and so friendly. Great atmosphere. The guys on the front desk were pretty unorganised had no record of me already paying on arrival and tried to charge me and again on departure? Great atmosphere though to meet people and go out and see Rome

I really enjoyed staying in the hostel. Allowed check in very late, 24 hour reception. Felt secure with multiple locks before the room and lockers big enough for my bag. €5 for a good padlock to keep. Nice common area to meet other travelers, felt very welcome as a solo backpacker. Rooftop terrace was nice too for cheap drinks. Very social, party hostel. Right next to The Yellow so we also went to their bar several nights. Clean rooms and bathrooms every day. Stayed 3 nights and would stay again

Personally loved the staff!! They were awesome! The place is near the bus station, so perfect for moving around. I enjoyed my stay here even though it was short.

i found staff was mocking but may be they are trying just to be friendly but i sensed some kind of sarcastic mood of the staff

I was really impressed with this hostel. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooftop bar was a great place to meet people at night. There were large lockers provided.

Location is excellent and staff were polite and helpful! The blinds of my room were tied by a chain and couldn't be opened; a notice hung on the window said that they were tied for safety reason! So the room was dark even during the day. Are you kidding!!!! I've been doing quite a bit of hostelling and I had never seen such a thing before! Then the 6 bed dorm was not cheap! The luggage storage room was not supervised! Other than the hostel was ok!

The staff and rooms were excellent, no complaints at all. Excellent location - near the train station and restaurants near by. Will definitely stay here again!

• 8th Aug 2015

If you are looking for hostel near Termini, this is perfect place. The hostel is nice and good thing is with bar where you can relax every evening.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

The Hostel was excelent to host guests. The environment was very friendly and confortable. It is located near to a train station which facilitate the locomotion to the principals sights in Rome. The crews were very helpful. The rooms were cleaned every day. The parties promoted in the roof was cool to talk and meet people. If I come back to rome, I'll stay there again. I only felf unconfortable with the airconditioner installed near to the floor which make the people in the upper bunk feel hot.

This was by far the dirtiest hostel i have ever stayed in. Bugs in the washroom and black mold and grime everywhere. Flooding showers spilling out. 2 full bags of garbage as the maid only comes in if someone checks out. I mentioned this to a couple staff. Neither seemed to care. The staff as a whole are sarcastic and unfriendly unless they are trying to get your money for the pub crawl. The air con sucked, the room was hot and sweaty. Beds uncomfortable. Rooftop patio only benefit of this place

5 Min from Roma Termini station. Decent rooms, fun pub

Location was perfect with good restaurants nearby..Staff were friendly. If you are not that party type person, you would be offended by all the noises and craps after midnight. It was so dark in the room, you barely see anything in the morning, I would suggest to give each bed a little lamp in mixed room and female room.

Brilliant hostel with an incredible atmosphere and AMAZING staff! There was always something going on - be it a bar crawl with 2 other hostels (shout out to Santiago) or cocktails on the terrace (Mike's cocktails were incredible and he even personalised them for us). The rooms were spacious and secure with large lockers as well. The staff were so helpful with everything! Only thing that could have been better was the aircon but everything else was perfect! can't wait to stay here again!

Can't beat that location, or the AC in the 37° heat. Rooftop parties are fun, they push their pub crawl pretty hard but it's easy enough to say no. Only complaint would be that the hot water wasn't working in the 2nd building, but I didn't particularly mind because of the aformentioned heat.

The staff where really friendly and the pub crawls and rooftop bar have a good atmosphere. The air-conditioning and WiFi are great and the rooms are clean. The only bad thing was there is No kitchen

Situated close to the Termini. Good restaurant next door. Air conditioning in the room was very refreshing and was needed during the night as it got very hot and humid. Cleanliness wasn't top notch, bathroom got dirty easily and under the beds there was rubbish left by previous sleepers. The quality of beds in our room was poor; 2 put up bunk beds that didn't look safe at all. Would go back to the Yellow hostel to stay next time (which is around the corner)

Rooms were very clean, as was the whole hostel except for the downstairs public toilet near reception. Saturday night bar crawl was fun but perhaps overpriced and the club where you end up at is very expensive and unsafe. Atmosphere was great and we met some lovely people. Great location, 5 minutes from Termini station. Would stay there again for sure.

Thank you for your point-out. We now look into the cleanness of common bathroom downstairs. the night-out party is organized by a third party we collaborate with, about the price 20€ for 1hr open bar+drinking games, 1 shot in a pub in city + admission to the club, it is a reasonable price in Rome. Regarding the safety, we will discuss with the organizer. Thanks again for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you soon! Best regards,

I liked my period there, if you can improve something, for me this is the list: Use the card how locker instead of locker Place to charge electronics beside to bed

A great place to stay, literally five minutes walk from the train station and bus station but if you like walking then it's not very far from all the main sights. The staff were friendly, facilities were great, WI-FI was really really good and the people we met were very welcoming. An overall nice stay.

The restrooms need more cleaning. The showers had worms crawling on the side. My cousin was literally threatened and thrown out because he was sleeping later than checkout. He was tired from the previous night's pub crawl and overslept. He apologised and asked for just 20 minutes. He was told to go immediately or pay another day's rent. He would have appreciated a little bit of courtesy on part of the staff. This one guy was rude at best and extremely aggressive with his tone. Not cool at all !