Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The Hostel is not as good as it says on internet. The bedrooms are big but everything (not only in the bedrooms) is old and not really well maintained. The atmosphere is more for those that enjoy parties, young people/teenagers style. There is no living room and no kitchen. The internet wi fi is very bad. Despite of the friendly staff and good location I will not stay in this hostel again, it's not good enough for the price charged.

Pluses: Extremely nice and helpfull staff with excellent english skills, room (twin private) really cosy and clean, convenient location. Minuses: Drain in the shower was almost completely stuck and air-conditioning didn't work as it should (easily fixable and minor problems really ;)). We warmly recommend!!! :)

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Our 2 day visit to Rome was made very special by the friendly helpful staff,comfortable room and excellent bathroom facilities. David, Barbara and four Grandchildren ranging in age from 9 to 15 years.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

No internet for 4 days that is the main reason for such poor rating, 10% off for each day. Not European standard hostel if no wifi.

We have wifi in all rooms and common rooms. this is for our guests for light use such as updating in SNS or checking e-mail etc. during their travel. Our system cuts the connection off when detects a device tries to download a large files or to connect illegal steaming sites (ex. adult contents site etc.). This is for fair internet data traffic distribution aimed at pleasant navigation for all of our guests, avoiding small number of users egoistically occupying all band width.

This is a place we would stay in again. In fact, we tried to add a night but they were full. Very clean. We stayed in the newer units with fresh paint and new bathrooms. The shower didn't drain quickly but that would be the only complaint we had. Stayed in a mixed dorm and met some nice people. Our ages range from 56 to 71 so the beds make a difference and our bunk beds were quite comfortable. The staff is excellent: friendly, knowledgeable, eager to please. Close to Stazione Termimni.

The hostel had a good vibe - in terms of décor and excellent staff. It also had a very wide range of facilities.

On the road for ten months now, I've seen all kinds of hostels. The problem with this one is that it tries to hard to be cool. The only communal area is the bar but it's not the place you want to hang out in. At night, they turn on a disco ball and put the music super loud in the bar at 8 PM as if this will start the party. The rest is perfect: clean, safe, help staff. If you can, go to the Yellow 100 meters away.

• 7th Apr 2014

Quite possibly one of the best hostels I stayed at on my trip. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly, and the location of the hostel is great (just a short walk from Termini - the main train/metro station). The rooms and facilities were very clean, and you can't beat a hostel with it's own bar!

Really enjoyed my stay, highly recomend to anyone!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The hostel was close to the train station which was good but to main attractions about a 30min to 1hr walk, which is fine but not everyone thinks thats close enough. No kitchen, the shower kept filling up with water at the bottom but pressure and temperature was ok. wifi was terrible the whole time, need to get a bigger system for the amount of people that use it. hard to plan your next destination when you cant get onto the internet. beds were comfy and warm, always a good thing in my books :)

Had a great stay! Was traveling alone - I felt very safe and welcome. The room size was GREAT. Wifi worked well. Showers were clean. Bar was fun!

The attention was excellent, so servicial. Good ubication. My stay was so nice.

The hostel is pretty well located and a short walk from Rome Termini station. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. They gave us free discounts cards to nearby restaurants and tips on where to go in Rome. I slept in a 10-12 person room and I felt it was pretty cramped and that it didn't seem very hygienic. The washroom was too small for a large amount of people, and I thought it could be cleaner.

I had a lovely couple of nights at Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar. They make an effort to ensure that the guests get to know each other & the staff had the perfect balance of being professional and friendly. The WiFi connection wasn't particularly good in the room I was staying in, but the fact that it's free & easily available on the rooftop & in the bar meant this wasn't too much of a problem. The only issue I have is the breakfast; €4 is over the top. Cheaper to buy at the station.

• 18th Mar 2014

The Breakfast can do so with zome improvement especially the coffe, it was very weak. Italy make strong good coffe.

This hostel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. The staff were so polite and friendly. It was an amazing time. The bar even on a Sunday night was lively and fun to be around. I really don't think there was anything negative about this hostel. The guests were all as well so super friendly and kind. I will definitely come back to stay here.

Great In every aspect. We had an extra friend come at the last minute,they went that extra mile to accomodate ! We'll recommended hostel !

• 14th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Decent hostel, but not in rush to go back.

Very good hostel, party at the bar,it was fun meeting a lot of people. the tour they organize was great, informative guide and all the staff at the reception was helpful!

• 7th Mar 2014

Overall the hostel was great. There were some issues with the wifi while I was there. It's quite far, being on the edge of the center. But it's very close to Termini station so that's a big plus.