Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar Reviews

Via Vicenza 42, Rome, Italy

The hostel had a good vibe - in terms of décor and excellent staff. It also had a very wide range of facilities.

On the road for ten months now, I've seen all kinds of hostels. The problem with this one is that it tries to hard to be cool. The only communal area is the bar but it's not the place you want to hang out in. At night, they turn on a disco ball and put the music super loud in the bar at 8 PM as if this will start the party. The rest is perfect: clean, safe, help staff. If you can, go to the Yellow 100 meters away.

• 7th Apr 2014

Quite possibly one of the best hostels I stayed at on my trip. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly, and the location of the hostel is great (just a short walk from Termini - the main train/metro station). The rooms and facilities were very clean, and you can't beat a hostel with it's own bar!

Really enjoyed my stay, highly recomend to anyone!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The hostel was close to the train station which was good but to main attractions about a 30min to 1hr walk, which is fine but not everyone thinks thats close enough. No kitchen, the shower kept filling up with water at the bottom but pressure and temperature was ok. wifi was terrible the whole time, need to get a bigger system for the amount of people that use it. hard to plan your next destination when you cant get onto the internet. beds were comfy and warm, always a good thing in my books :)

Had a great stay! Was traveling alone - I felt very safe and welcome. The room size was GREAT. Wifi worked well. Showers were clean. Bar was fun!

The attention was excellent, so servicial. Good ubication. My stay was so nice.

The hostel is pretty well located and a short walk from Rome Termini station. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. They gave us free discounts cards to nearby restaurants and tips on where to go in Rome. I slept in a 10-12 person room and I felt it was pretty cramped and that it didn't seem very hygienic. The washroom was too small for a large amount of people, and I thought it could be cleaner.

I had a lovely couple of nights at Hostel Alessandro Palace & Bar. They make an effort to ensure that the guests get to know each other & the staff had the perfect balance of being professional and friendly. The WiFi connection wasn't particularly good in the room I was staying in, but the fact that it's free & easily available on the rooftop & in the bar meant this wasn't too much of a problem. The only issue I have is the breakfast; €4 is over the top. Cheaper to buy at the station.

• 18th Mar 2014

The Breakfast can do so with zome improvement especially the coffe, it was very weak. Italy make strong good coffe.

This hostel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. The staff were so polite and friendly. It was an amazing time. The bar even on a Sunday night was lively and fun to be around. I really don't think there was anything negative about this hostel. The guests were all as well so super friendly and kind. I will definitely come back to stay here.

Great In every aspect. We had an extra friend come at the last minute,they went that extra mile to accomodate ! We'll recommended hostel !

• 14th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Decent hostel, but not in rush to go back.

Very good hostel, party at the bar,it was fun meeting a lot of people. the tour they organize was great, informative guide and all the staff at the reception was helpful!

• 7th Mar 2014

Overall the hostel was great. There were some issues with the wifi while I was there. It's quite far, being on the edge of the center. But it's very close to Termini station so that's a big plus.

I stayed in a dormitory in March and there was no heating and I found it a bit cold, especially the floors were freezing! Otherwise a basic hostel, no complains. Very close to the Termini station!

Loved it. I stayed at ivanhke for three nights prior to the stay at alessandro. Both at same price. I was thinking "what a waste money at ivanhoe" Good staff. Clean. Safe. but its a bit of walk from termini station.. and its north of it so it is one shortcoming. but if you are willing to spend just extra 5 min walking.. just book the room at alessandro. you will like it

lucky to be in this hostel, everything was good! i arrived late and the staff help me upon check in, gave a lot of info. the bar got cool paintings, cheap you will just buy tokens but all okay ;-)

• 5th Mar 2014

Nice, cheap hostel with a good location. Definitely worht the amont you pay but the staff wasn't so polite and the hostel bar was disappoinment. Bathrooms cleaner than in most hostels but the sysytem how they kept record which bed was taken/not taken was ridiculous. We stayed for a week and we had to change beds 3 times (inside the same room though)

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Finland

Its too dangerous outside the hostel, (termini), full of homeless ppl, if i know this before i would hv choosen another one. However, the staff r helpful n nice though, and there is a bar for u. Sometimes they will organize party also. If u like party stuff, its a gd place to stay. However, its not reli clean in that room, too many ppl share a toilet, they should hv built a public one. N quite disgustingly, i saw the staff only change pillow cover n bedsheet but not the blanket! Its reused!!!!