Hostel Amigo Reviews

Isabel la Catolica #61 col. centro Z.C, Mexico City, Mexico

We arrived really early in the morning and the staff were great at helping us, even though we couldn't check in yet. Our room got very cold at night, drafty windows. Breakfast was good. No real social area to sit, except downstairs but TV was always blasting. Great location, 5 minute walk to main plaza, but no bars nearby. Good kitchen facilities.

The communal area and most of the rooms don't have daylight. A bit noisy, as in the rooms you can hear all the noises from the communal area. Beside that it's OK.

Positives: Location is good, right in the centro district and far away enough to be not too noisy. Most staff had good recommendations and directions + good English & really fun new years eve dancing! Hostel organises tours to important sites (even though booked out when we arrived) Negatives: Towels were not included as per advertised. No air in rooms due to no windows Floors in rooms were not cleaned daily No outdoor area (indoor area was always dark and gloomy - not much of an atmosphere)

• 27th Dec 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed this hostel. The location is very central ( in the historical part of DF) and the bathroom is very clean! First night we stayed in a bedroom a bit noisy and I would just recommend avoiding the bedroom in front of the breakfast area ( early in the morning the cleaning staff started organizing and made lots of noise). Breakfast was very good ( with beans, soup, eggs, bread, coffee, etc) and staff was very helpful. I would definitely go back there.

People are nice. Location's ok. Facilities need to be improved!!!

The staff is great for the most part. They all want to help and have good intentions. Brenda by far was the best I had the PLEASURE to deal with. She is very nice and beautiful too ;-). There is a kid that looks like he is away. I wanted to get to Plaza Garibaldi and this kid told me it was too far to walk so it was best to take the metro and transfer like 4 times. It’s like 10 min walking distance and it would take longer and probably the same time walking inside the metro.

Looks dodgy, but actually really nice. Decent breakfast, hot water, helpful staff. Stayed in 4 bed room where there were single beds and no bunk beds (awesome). Highly recommend!

Great common area with awesome beanbags and a pool table. Awesome tours to roller coaster parks and pyramids and the staff are so lovely and helpful. Out of the 3 hostels I stayed at in Mexico city, this one was by far the best!

1 2 Next » last »