Hostel Cat Reviews

1236 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

I had a pleasant stay in this hostel. I booked one single private room and I ended up sleeping in a 6/bed room just for myselft, with ensuite shower and toilet. The AC was really useful, as it was extremely hot in the city that day. There were diverse events organized and plenty of social life in the hostel. Recommended.

It is a typical hostel, world travelers, common room, dorms etc. Really overall the hostel is good. HOWEVER, the one problem I had with the hostel was the heat both in the common room. When I told the manager that I think the Air Condition was absolutely inadequate, and I felt he misled people when he said it was air conditioned, he reacted by throwing me out of the hostel in the dead of the night. The hostel I found the rooms were cold, so much so I needed a blanket there.

• 3rd Sep 2013

The hostel is pretty good. The location is not too far away from the strip. They also organize different activities in the night which is good. When I arrived I didn't find the stuff really helpful and nice, especially one girl, who was rude instead. Otherwise everything is okay, the price is really good.

The only Bad in this hostel was the location, it's quite far to the Strip. But beside that everything was great: nice patio where you can meet new people, they organize every day a different event and I had great people in my room. If you are looking for a great party hostel, I can definitely recommend:)

What is great about Hostel Cat is the atmosphere - the parties and excursions are cheap, awesome and you have to get involved. Accommodation is simple, air conditioned and clean. Neighbourhood seems a little sketchy but location wise it is very quick and easy to reach the strip or downtown.

This was a great hostel, the activities were well organised and worthwhile participating in. The rooms were well air conditioned so the Nevada sun wasn't an issue inside. The hostel is right on the strip not too far form the Statospehre which has a pool so points for that too. Great value for money, well recommend this one.

I made a lot of friends which made the clubs more fun than normal. Great job on Casino tour Dan who taught us all how to play craps.

• 25th Aug 2013

Apart from the location, this was awesome! Such a fun place and amazing value (not just cheap, but great facilities especially considering the price, you'd actually expect less for more cost). The location isn't actually that bad, just a short walk from the end of the strip in a bit of a dodgy area but it's not as bad as people make it out to be, it's mostly just too quiet at night.

No worries about this hostel, clean, safe and nice people !

Very good party hostel! They do stuff every night and have awesome deals. Stuff members are nice and fun.

Have a courtyard that makes it feel safe. They also have random key checks which proves that they care about security. The manager is more than happy to drink with you and have a laugh. The hostel is in a good location, albeit with homeless and junkies surrounding it which is the only downside.

The hostel is located in Downtown Las Vegas just outside of the Strip which is very easily reached by a bus that runs 25/7. Very good value for money. Dorm bed was more or less average for what one can expect to get in a hostel dorm. Security is good and the stuff was very helpful. I met some really interesting people here and I do recommend this hostel.

Reception could be a little more alert and helpful

very nice place. the staff were really good and courteous. the activities at night are the real deal

• 15th Aug 2013

Awesome place to stay!

• 13th Aug 2013

This hostel was awesome! The value for money is great because of the great activities they organise. I would definitely recommend this Hostel to everyone!!

• 10th Aug 2013

I had the time of my life at HostelCat, you guys do a great job everynight organizing activities for travellers, i met some pretty awesome people! Chad, you are amazing, thank you for everything! cheers from Peru! - Cynthia & Stella

It was an amazing experience! All people there are super friendly and outgoing :-) My friends and I had such a blast!!

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Austria

Great value for what you pay. Had a blast at the nightclub outing on Thursday and Fremont St pub crawl Friday night. Location isn't the greatest, but you're paying $11 per night. Stratosphere Hotel is only a 15 min walk away, which has a casino and a relaxing pool which is free to the public. Fremont St is only a 20 minute walk away. Staff was helpful; got a ride to the bus terminal early in the morning. I would stay here again.

This hostel is in the ghetto, I got a knife pulled on me one night while walking to 7-11 for a drink one evening. Security is okay, they have a keypad lock to get into the area where the rooms are, however some of the people staying there long term seemed kind of sketchy. The hostel had decent events, although they charged you for stuff that would normally be free ($5 to drive your own car to a public lake). They also would encourage illegal things like sneaking into hotel pools