Hostel Don Nino Reviews

Pino Suarez 804, Oaxaca, Mexico

Good location,friendly staff and great beds--what more can you ask for?

Really great place with a great vibe and close to main centre and park. Loved our stay so much we came back.

• 2nd Nov 2015

I stayed in different hostels in Oaxaca city this was definitely the best of the two. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this place. And the staff is friendly. Easy to get to from bus station. Nice market right out front on Fridays

Wi-Fi was slow and patchy. Air conditioning should be on more often and guests shouldn't have to constantly ask for it to be turned on. Breakfast was good and cleaners were great.

The hostel got really full during Dia de Muertos and the bathroom, which were usually clean, definitely reflected this. Two cleanings a day definitely would have been better.

The hostel is more like a hotel, with a restaurant/bar downstairs and a very welcoming staff. I loved the trees growing inside and the rooftop terrace for any time of the day. The location was excellent, across from a beautiful park where something was always happening.

Great hostel, I was even allowed to park my motorcycle inside the building: Secure parking is almost the most important point when chosing a hostel. Great value for the money, met nice travellers as well.

It's basically a hotel and hostel in one, for those seeking a party atmosphere this isn't the place. It's a very chilled out vibe which is perfect for me and why I rated them high. It's a 15 minute walk to the zocalo and the park right outside always has something going on and the BEST street food vendor in Oaxaca! The place is EXTREMELY clean which was very nice.

One night I have to change beds because someone was slept in mine, the staff didn't do anything, just say to take another bed. but the others were occupied to, so it was a mix o beds and people.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

it is as advertised a hostel/hotel but the rooms were great very comfortable beds and clean.staff just need to interact more with the guests but that is a minor thing,I found it easy to navigate the city and close to the ADO a bonus ..

my stay at this hostel was a lot of fun. it is very clean and has greatly maintained facilities. at the breakfast table you will be served one portion only, which for me was kind of tiny... staff is actually very helpful. except for the last guy, who totally ripped me off and sold me a bus ticket to San Jose del Pacifico with taxi service to the bus station for 160 MXP. while the bus ticket is normally only 95 MXP and the station in walking distance. so this part was really annoying...