Hostel Esperanza Reviews

BDF 1/2 al Sur, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

This hostel has a very nice layout and excellent location. My only qualm was the atmosphere as other guests seemed reserved and kept to themselves, so not really a social hostel. While not entirely the hostel´s fault, activities could be arranged to encourage socializing such as card or board games or local tours or bar and pub crawls. As others may have mentioned, this place has incredible potential.

Very friendly staff but the hostel was EXTREMELY DIRTY. I stayed in several hostels, some nicer, others not, but I always found that they properly cleaned at least. This was my first experience with a DIRTY hostel. I was seriously worried about hygiene; I moved out after a night. Seemed like the floor hadn't been swept for ages, the house cats slept in the guests' beds, the kitchen and the bathrooms were disgusting. Again, the staff is super nice, and the hostel is at a great location.

Good Location but two extensive for what it is. Rooms are Dithmarschen and very very primitive. Done without any love.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice, quiet, semi-private. No kitchen. No party here. No ac either.

• 16th Nov 2014

The hostel itself was okay. It wasn't the nicest hostel by any means- definitely meant for young party people. I rented a private room which came with two beds a toilet and shower (with no door, so no privacy between my bf and I, which is fine for us- not for others). The location is perfect- right across the street from the beach! The front desk staff were not helpful when my purse was stolen, when I tried to contact the police too- However, the hostel owner stepped in and helped tremendously!

Staff we're extremely friendly and helpful. Room was clean bedwas comfortable. Cold filtered water always available and breakfast was nice. Killer location. recommend

The room smelled but were what you'd expect for the price. There were only 2 toilets and offered little privacy but fair deal for the location and price.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This was a great hostel and in an ideal location. The dorm rooms are in the front of the building and tend to be a bit noisy, although while we were there a festival was happening on this front street so the noise likely isn't usually a problem. The showers are good, beds are comfortable, and the sandwich bar is amazing. I would definitely stay in this hostel again.

View all San Juan Del Sur Hostels