Hostel Esperanza Reviews

BDF 1/2 al Sur, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

God in general, but I think the security can you improve by having the doors to the dormitories looked

What a find this place was! I almost cancelled. So glad I didn't. I read a couple of old reviews that weren't flattering, but decided to take a chance! Wow! This place is fantastic!!! Clean. Polite and friendly staff. Nice rooms (I reserved a private). Location couldn't be better. Within walking distance of everything. Two minutes! Nice restaurant/cafe/bar out front with ocean sunset views to die for. Seriously! I loved this place! Will stay there on my next trip.

Family run hostel it appears. They had a dog and two cats there as well. Free breakfast is included. Not really a party hostel if that is what you are looking for. Beach is right across the street. San Juan del sur can be dangerous at night so just be aware of your surroundings. I almost got mugged at night but I killed them all with my machete, so all was well.

The hostel is not clean and a bit expensive compared to others around. The dorms are very small, very noisy and not confortable! I would not recommand this place!

Great location. Staff were a bit rude. Dorm was very hot and the bathroom wasn't cleaned every day, so got pretty dirty with 11 people sharing one toilet and shower.

cool hostel, interesting location right on the beach.

This hostel has a very nice layout and excellent location. My only qualm was the atmosphere as other guests seemed reserved and kept to themselves, so not really a social hostel. While not entirely the hostel´s fault, activities could be arranged to encourage socializing such as card or board games or local tours or bar and pub crawls. As others may have mentioned, this place has incredible potential.

Very friendly staff but the hostel was EXTREMELY DIRTY. I stayed in several hostels, some nicer, others not, but I always found that they properly cleaned at least. This was my first experience with a DIRTY hostel. I was seriously worried about hygiene; I moved out after a night. Seemed like the floor hadn't been swept for ages, the house cats slept in the guests' beds, the kitchen and the bathrooms were disgusting. Again, the staff is super nice, and the hostel is at a great location.

Good Location but two extensive for what it is. Rooms are Dithmarschen and very very primitive. Done without any love.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice, quiet, semi-private. No kitchen. No party here. No ac either.

• 16th Nov 2014

The hostel itself was okay. It wasn't the nicest hostel by any means- definitely meant for young party people. I rented a private room which came with two beds a toilet and shower (with no door, so no privacy between my bf and I, which is fine for us- not for others). The location is perfect- right across the street from the beach! The front desk staff were not helpful when my purse was stolen, when I tried to contact the police too- However, the hostel owner stepped in and helped tremendously!

View all San Juan Del Sur Hostels