Hostel Freedom Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Qadus, 9, Marrakech, Morocco

Freedom Hostel Marrakesh was perfect. Located only a few minutes from the main square, it was easy to get to all the main tourist locations. It also oozed Moroccan style within which made you feel in the heart of the fellow Marrakeshy. Breakfast every morning was a lovely bonus. They also offered excursions to a variety of places. We chose to go to the Sahara for a very fair price and loved every minute of it. The price is the hostel itself was fantastic. If ever in Marrakesh, will return!

That'a very nice hostal.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Best Ryad in Marrakech. Spent five nights without any single problem. Highly recommended, gonna come back, definetly.

First thing to say is that we couldn't find the hostel at the place google maps showed us. We just we went to another hostel called waka waka and they told us that it's the same hostel but that they changed their name (neither mentioned on hostel world or their page- poor). The hostel wasn't very cleaned but offered at least a nice breakfast.

Good value for money, fairly clean and nice hospitality for breakfasts and tea. We were put off by some dishonesty on part of the staff. We were sold a tour which we were told would include the guide (what tour doesn't include a guide??) only to find out when we got to the destination 2.5 hours away that we had to pay extra for the guide. The hostel staff wasn't honest- they should have told us what to expect. This was a general trend we found in Marrakech which is why I wouldn't go back.

• 14th Jun 2014

Freedom hostel was fine for the budget traveller which we were but it was very very hot and there was no air conditioning in the rooms. Has a great rooftop area and is really close to the medina but be warned it is almost impossible to find as there are virtually no signs. We arrived at night so this made it extra difficult as there is minimal street lighting. Would recommend that you pay someone a little bit to take you in directly to the hostel as the taxi cannot drive all the way in!

I really liked this hostel, I even returned! Friendly staff that are always around and kindly prepare tea or book excursions (they are much more expensive if you book beforehand). I do recommend the 6 bed dorm over the 10 because it has a window and is a bit cooler right at bedtime. Awesome value! There was one time I had to wait for a bathroom because all 3 were taken but overall I loved this place! I've never been to a hostel where they make your bed each day!

• 26th May 2014

Fab hostel! A bit tricky to find but follow the directions and you should be fine. Great location really close to the main square. Staff are all really helpful and willing to help with whatever you need. Booked the tour to the desert, hammam and Essouira and were all amazing!! The roof terrace is great for chilling out after a day sightseeing. Overall, great place to stay!!

• 24th May 2014

BED BUGS!!!!!! We stayed here for two nights and my boyfriend was absolutely covered in bed bugs!! The cleanliness is extremely poor and I would absolutely not recommend staying here as bed bugs are the worst possible thing you can experience at a hostel!!

Staff were very helpful and friendly and hostel has a really chilled atmosphrere, would deffo stay there again

• 19th May 2014

Directions were pretty good if you follow them exactly word for word. One of the guys that worked there would always come up to our room and start talking loudly to us when someone in the room was napping or clearly trying to be alone - kind of annoying. No AC in the rooms which was brutal, but when we finally got a fan that helped a bit. I thought it was way too expensive for what it was, especially for Morocco, but everything in Marrakech was about the same, so I guess that's the going rate.

This hostel was very good for the price. We stayed three different nights and it was always our go to hostel when we came back to Marrakech. The staff was very friendly and really wanted to get to know you. We booked our desert tour through them as well which was very helpful. The breakfast was good since it wasn't just one type of bread! There is no air conditioning so it was very hot at times but there was a fan in the room which helped.

• 6th May 2014

You get what you pay for at this place. It's a good price but the rooms don't lock and when I asked to store my luggage I came back to it sitting outside a locker. Good breakfast and a nice terrace though.

This awesome hostel looked after me and my friends extremely well!! They organised cheap exciting tours for us deep into the Sahara, the atlas mountains etc. The hostel has a great common area where you meet lots of people. The Wifi is quite fast, I could Skype with no problems. Everyday you get a free breakfast with tea and coffee flowing. The hostel is very clean with a group of hard working cleaning ladies all day. The guys also send you to the best shops where you will not get ripped off.

The hostel was perfect for the what a backpacker is looking for, hard to find at first (ended up needing to tip a guide) but easy to locate after getting bearings. The facilities are standard for dorms, but a complimentary breakfast is served (selection of bread, honey, tea) which is very tasty. The atmosphere is very friendly and social and the staff are very hardworking and excellent (big thanks to Ahmed Bariz, Boubaker, and Abdellah). For the location, vibe, and staff it is incredibly cheap!

Very nice staff, they are really helpful and friendly... The hostel is close to the main sightseeings.

Good hostel in middle of Medina. However, it's difficult to find it as any place in Medina region. In the roof part we can see a nice view of Marrakech and also relax. They have a good breakfast.The most staff are friendly and helpul, but take care when you'll negociate some trip, before you buy everything is include in the package, but after not!

Very nice place to stay and extremely helpful staff - myself and 5 others were able to book cheap travel excursions to Ouzard falls (beautiful place!), the Sahara dessert, todra gorge, and taghazout all for a good price. Staff are friendly and up 24/7. There are always people to take you to the hostel, just don't pay them anything!

• 11th Apr 2014

It is impossible to find alone ,a guy stop me in the street because he wanted to help me and when we found the hostel he asks me for 10euro quite insinstenly. very noisy place , the receptionist played some techno music until 3am while flirting with some guests. poor breakfast

Great value for money with a great location. The staff were one of the best staff that I have seen in my life, really helpful and friendly, they will do everything to make you comfortable or whatever.

« first « Prev 1 2 3