Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

I had a terrible stay at this hostel. I was harassed and woken up all night by the six drunks in my room. I tried to contact reception about this but the shutter was down despite the hostel advertising a '24 hour reception'. I was then woken up at 8am to find the police in my room.

The hostel was a bit run down but close to shops, restaurants and old town. The staff was either very helpful and service-minded or very confused and lost and had no idea what sights or activities to recommend, or where parks, museums were located. The beds were comfortable but there was a strange smell in the room. The kitchen and lounge was quite small and not very welcoming. The showers/toilets were cleaned every day but still didn't feel clean. The walls were very thin, bring ear plugs!

Nice quiet hostel near everything.Very helpful staff. They change the security code on the door everyday, and noting this down each time is a bit annoying.

great staff!

stayed 4 nights, received a warm welcome on arrival and the staff were very friendly and accommodating for the duration. good location, reasonably quiet except for some obnoxiously loud Italians who were staying at the same time.. obviously not the hostel's fault though. WiFi coverage was great, showers and toilets were quite good and never had to queue. beds comfortable enough, locker for every bed. breakfast basic but filled a gap each morning! would recommend. thank you

Put better curtains in room 9, because they don't obstruct any light so you're awakened at 6 am.

This hostel was very good located. Every important part from the city is reachable from here. It was very clean and we had everything we needed.

decent place to stay. not very special, but still nice.

What a great place to stay. Absolutely wonderful. Staffs are fantastic. always helpful and not only that some of them were partying with us. Ample place and option to mingle with others in the hostel. Breakfast was very good and there was a special breakfast during Easter weekend. I will certainly recommend this hostel and will live there again if I am around.

I definitely liked this hostel... very nice!!!

• 4th Apr 2015

Nice Hostel! Breakfast, location and day staff we're amazing. Just the other guests in the second night were horrible. They partied and screamed until 5 am, smashing doors again and again. No good experience if you need to catch an early bus!

We were placed in a separate part of the hostel, just a few blocks away. Therefore we don't know what the main building is like. Our room was better than expected and we have little to complain about. The only thing is that the person at the front desk recommended a restaurant called Sphinx which turned out to be part of a larger restaurant chain serving bad food. So don't ask the staff for advice! Go to Browarmia instead. Great food, very low prices.

I recommend this hostel to other backpackers. this hostel is very clean and helpful If you want information or somethings just go to reception and ask to them they'll help you But unfortunately here is quite far from bus terminal and central station around 25 or 30 minutes on walking and find to hard But here is very close to Warsaw old city and warsaw univ

Nice hostel, excellent location and good staff. Room was awesome (we were with 8 people and had plenty of space in one room), showers and toilets were ok. Would def recommend this hostel.

• 27th Mar 2015

Absolutely loved my time at Helvetica, was moved to the apartments, which were very clean, homey, and comfortable. Excellent breakfast and incredibly friendly helpful staff. Helvetia was an important part of why I enjoyed Warsawa so much! Definitely can't wait to come back!

Great hostel, nice rooms, very safe, spacious storage, friendly staff.

At first the hostel was a bit hard to find, but then it turned out that you can walk to the city center very fast (you need like 10 minutes). Standard breakfast was really good!

• 14th Mar 2015

Very positive. You can't get more for the price.The place is a bit hidden but actually very central in Warsaw.From the outside looks like an old and ugly building,but inside everything is renovated,with new furniture and colorful rooms.At least in my room (mixed wth. 8 beds) everything was clean. I really liked the fact that you don't need to have your own lock because the locker goes with a key you get with the room keys. The common room was like a livingroom/ kitchen. Very good atmospher!

Very good hostel with nice and helpful staff.

Good hostel located in near the university and the old city center. A lot of bars and restaurants around. Very friendly staff who like to help you with your trip. Simple breakfast is included and rooms are good, many interactions between hostel guests. Would definitely recommend this hostel!!!