Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

Price is reasonable. Security is good because they change the password every day. The kitchen is not very clean because there are really too many guests using the kitchen in the same time. Rooms are clean and tidy. Near to the main market square, within walking distance. The hostel is not in a main street, so the street is quiet at night.

Easy to get to, relatively close to Old Town. I got some great suggestions for restaurants and info about getting to and from Wilanow Palace. The showers are great, there's a lot of them, the water is hot, pressure is good, drains well. The combo kitchen and common room was a little awkward, and it always felt too chaotic to really meet anyone.

the day we arrived it changed from a free breakfast to one you had to pay for.

Hello! Thanks for the comment. It was not like that. Basic free breakfast which was included in price is still included in price and it almost didn't change. We added a new service - now you can buy a bigger, upgraded version with orange juice and vegetables, so there was a misunderstanding. But anyway, hope to see you in Warsaw some day again! :)

Staff are nice and helpful, location is good and everything in walking distance. The room is nice and everywhere is clean. Would like to stay again, recommended!

very helpful staff, nothing was to difficult

• 31st Mar 2014

Always at your service ;-) Thanks! Hope to see you somewhere else :)

Door lock to the shower room. The breakfast is a plus point and makes the guest feel more welcomed.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Thanks! That's nice. Hope to see you in Warsaw another time :)

Best hostel you could stay in. The staff are exceptionally social and have a genuine interest in trying to help you! They made my time in Warsaw very memorable! The location couldn't be better, it's right next to all the main bars and resturants, along with the old town. The value for money is excellent too, it would be easy to live here because you are made that welcome!

• 11th Mar 2014

Thank you! :) We are obliged

Good hostel perfect location and friendly staff

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks! Have many unforgettable journeys and see you in Warsaw another time :)

Here is the worst hostel ever!! I couldn't sleep at all because staff invited his friend, had a party, drunken a lot turned up the music loudly till 1am!! 1am!! What was worse I complained twice after that they stopped party at 1am I read rule in hostel that "Please keep quite from 11pm till the morning" But staff didn't keep the rule, is it possible? I don't think so.. Owner has to know this and control staff!

We are sorry that you felt that way. As a manager I was present at the party and it was under control. It's a pitty that you didn't want a private room for you in the other corridor, then maybe would have warmer feelings for us and for Warsaw, and I made you an offer twice and for free, so you could feel comfortable. As you wished we turned off the music and talked behind closed door. The common room is open till 1:00 AM for our guests to sit and talk.That's a pity you refused to be upgrated.

I can honestly say this is one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Having previously lived in Warsaw before I can vouch for the perfect location. Helpful staff and great facilities, couldn't ask for more!

The staff was always very friendly and helpfull. The hostel is !very! clean (beds, showers, toilets, kitchen...). In this hostel you have everything that you need. BUT it's better that you stay in Helvetia in summermonths. We stayed here in februari en we were the only guest in the hostel... So there wa a negative atmosphere or actually, no atmosphere at all. But still, it was an excellent choise to stay there.

Thanks for a nice comment! It's a pitty that you didn't let us know, we would find you some entertainment! Many sunny days to you :)

Had a great time at this hostel. It was a great place to chill after a day of sightseeing in Warsaw. All of the facilities were great and the location is perfect. It's not far from the Old Town so you can walk there and there are a lot of great restaurants in the area. Staff were also great at recommending things to do and helping with getting around Warsaw. This isn't a party hostel but it's a great hostel to chill in. If I come to Warsaw again I would stay here.

It's nice to hear that you'd a great time at Helvetia :D. Next time you have to party with us more, so we can change your mind! But from the other point of view, this was the reason you could chill in and relax in common room. May your journeys be unforgettable and see you next time! :-)

Everything was great but the showers looked kind of old, especially when compared to more modern hostels. If the owners remodel the showers (the kitchen may also need some upgrade), it'd be great. Another thing, quantity and quality of breakfast was highly dependent on who was at the reception! Please make sure all the hostel workers are on the same page :-) In any case, a really comfortable stay and great staff!

We will definitely take a closer look at our showers in near futuree. Thanks for the comment on breakfast, we will see to it, so our service could be always the same. Have many more wonderful journeys! :)

Great hostel, great location, very friendly and useful staff, very clean and nice rooms. BF included at a really accesible price. I would recomend it 100 %

Thanks! It's nice to have such positive feedback. Now we have to try even harder to improve our service :) Have a great journey!

We had a great stay over 3 nights. Some suggestions for improvement would be: - Option of having room cleaned daily, e.g. floors & bathroom - Full length mirror in the room (not just a small one in the bathroom) Many thanks!

Many thanks to you! :) We will add a note to the reservation about the cleaning. It is available every day at request. Thankt for the info and travel safelly!

Great hostel, very clean and staff were so friendly! As they've said though, it's not the place for a party. Nice, quiet and respectable.

We are honoured! :) http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/happy-jello.gif

I was there for 1 night and wish I could stay longer! The staff there are all helpful and friendly which makes you feel very welcome. There was a Christmas Eve party and we were invited though I have already checked out and just stay there waiting to catch a flight. Bed was extremely comfortable. The only con would be shower room has no privacy at all

Thanks! We promise that we will work on our shower facilities in 2014! And this is for you :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP8jopGHsq4

It was really good time in

We hope that see you next time, then! :) http://pixiewillow.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/you_are_awesome_rainbow.jpg

I traveled to Warsaw for take part in International workshops, so in my view this Hostel has a excellent location close to the center and the University of Warsaw. My experience in Helvetia have been quite good.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Nicaragua

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130825170045/im-pusheen-the-cat/images/a/a6/Thank_you.gif Greetings from the Reception :)

This was one of the best hostels Ive stayed at. The staff is SUPER friendly, its clean and the whole atmosphere was very mellow and relaxing. I plan on staying every time Im in Warsaw.