Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

Helvetia Hostel was absolutely increible! The receptionists were very sweet, they gave us all the infowe needed about Warsaw and with a big smile in their faces! The place is warm, clean and safe. We loved the common area, where we met some people and watched some crazy, Polish TV. Also you get breakfast included, which was awesome! There was a very cute detail that I loved, which is a notebook in every room to leave a note :) I totally recommend this place and will definitely come back!

• 23rd Nov 2014

Made a booking at Helvetia through hostel world a couple of hours before I was arriving there. Upon arrival the reception staff told me that they had overbooked and that instead of being in the dorm they had me in a private room. I ended up sleeping in past checkout and the cleaning lady was very nice and accommodating, and even let me eat before I left despite being so late!

• 7th Nov 2014

Cheers! Friendly and family atmosphere it is what we want in our hostel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay :)

would be great if has more toilet. strong wifi, great location, helpful staff.

Thanks for the review!

The hostel was very nice. I enjoyed staying there. I just wish that the doors to the rooms automatically locked when you leave. Otherwise the security is really good, the door to get into the building has a passcode that changes everyday.

Thanks a lot for the review! Hope to see you soon :)

only 3 toilets, may not be enough for peak season. strong wifi all over whole hostel. big locker. great location, walkin distance to everything. staffs are all very friendly and helpful.

Cheers! Thanks for the review!

This hostel was absolutely wonderful! Although it was tucked away in a side street, it was clearly marked and very easy to get into. The staff were very friendly and always ready to help you in anyway possible whether it was to mark something out on a map for you or to recommend a good place to eat. The only downside is the common room closes at one to prep for the free continental breakfast. The beds are super comfortable and there is a lot of room to get about. I would absolutely recommend it!

Thank you very much! We are always willing to help our guest in any case. All the best for you :)

This was a very nice hostel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. Excellent location right near Nowy Świat street. The only, very minor, nitpick I had was that there wasn't any dry place to put your clothes in the shower room. But overall lovely place.

Cheers! Thanks for the review :)

Located in the heart of Warsaw, near the University, the hostel is a perfect place for sightseeing the city and exploring it's night life. The stuff is friendly, common room cosy and the rooms and common bathrooms are clean. Nice place to stay.

That is a great review :) Your words accurately describe what we are offering! Thanks a lot. Hope to see you again!

Some of the things in need of repair :)

We will do our best to fix all of it. Cheers!

The nicest and kindest receptionist I have never known! I really suggest this hostel

• 19th Sep 2014

Oh! Thank you very much! You are always welcome in our hostel :)

I loved it. Wonderful staff and very clean.

• 10th Sep 2014

Thanks a lot!

The staff was friendly and helpfull. Nice place to stay in Warsaw.

I like it. The staff is very friendly and you feel welcome. Also the location is very good. The sanitary facilities can be improved though, there are always problems with showers and the toilets and filthy sometimes.

The location is good and the value for money is great. Maybe if you want to make party in Warsaw, this Hostel is most recommandable. There were bachlors farewells and some strange guys, who were drinking a lot of beer. They occupied the common room, which was not so pleasant. But this depends of course on the guests. The kitchen is all right, You can even cook. So all in all it's a good place to explore Warsaw.

It is a good location. Not far from the old town. The staff are friendly.The atmosphere is good

We had read reviews of 2 staff in particular who were claimed to not be accommodating. We met them both and we did not share this experience - they were very helpful and accommodating to our needs. We stayed in a private room which had nice decor and nice photos. Basic breakfast was good and free. Only complaint was the bathrooms - we only stayed 1 night but in this time I only managed to find 1 toilet that smelt rather. Would stay again.

Good location, clean, decent sized room. I liked my stay overall. My two recommendations for improvement: encourage staff to be a bit more helpful/friendly (the person who checked me in basically handed me a map and said "what else do you want?' and add some fruit/yogurt/something to "breakfast," aka some toast. Or just dont offer breakfast! Otherwise, a good place to stay.

I'm sorry that you felt so. Each of our receptionists have full knowledge of Warsaw and all tourist attractions. Our staff is always happy to help our guest. Thanks for the breakfast suggestions. Hope to see you again!

Had an amazing time here! The bathroom facilities were excellent - several showers, no line and always clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and there was a locker where we could but our luggage the day we left

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Cheers ! Hope to see you again :)

It was so good. We have a really nice stay in Poland in this hostel, the atmosphere and the personal are good. It has kitchen so for us was a ver good point, we saved money cooking food instead of buy it directly. I recommend it.

Thanky you for the comment :)

Hot in the rooms, but overall a decent place to stay. The rasta man receptionist who checked us in wasn't very friendly or informative but the others were good.

Thanks for your rate! Yes, it was hooot in Warsaw. I'm sorry if you didn't find Matt friendly enough. It's probably because of the heat, because he's a decent person ;)