Hostel Helvetia Reviews

Sewerynow 7, Warsaw, Poland

It is a good location. Not far from the old town. The staff are friendly.The atmosphere is good

We had read reviews of 2 staff in particular who were claimed to not be accommodating. We met them both and we did not share this experience - they were very helpful and accommodating to our needs. We stayed in a private room which had nice decor and nice photos. Basic breakfast was good and free. Only complaint was the bathrooms - we only stayed 1 night but in this time I only managed to find 1 toilet that smelt rather. Would stay again.

Good location, clean, decent sized room. I liked my stay overall. My two recommendations for improvement: encourage staff to be a bit more helpful/friendly (the person who checked me in basically handed me a map and said "what else do you want?' and add some fruit/yogurt/something to "breakfast," aka some toast. Or just dont offer breakfast! Otherwise, a good place to stay.

I'm sorry that you felt so. Each of our receptionists have full knowledge of Warsaw and all tourist attractions. Our staff is always happy to help our guest. Thanks for the breakfast suggestions. Hope to see you again!

Had an amazing time here! The bathroom facilities were excellent - several showers, no line and always clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and there was a locker where we could but our luggage the day we left

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Cheers ! Hope to see you again :)

It was so good. We have a really nice stay in Poland in this hostel, the atmosphere and the personal are good. It has kitchen so for us was a ver good point, we saved money cooking food instead of buy it directly. I recommend it.

Thanky you for the comment :)

Hot in the rooms, but overall a decent place to stay. The rasta man receptionist who checked us in wasn't very friendly or informative but the others were good.

Thanks for your rate! Yes, it was hooot in Warsaw. I'm sorry if you didn't find Matt friendly enough. It's probably because of the heat, because he's a decent person ;)

Great place, would definitely recommend staying here, they even made sure a parcel I needed couriering home was correctly sent, AND they looked after my luggage for a couple of days when I had to visit another city...... Only downside is having to pay for internet access on the hostel computers.....bring your own tablets, they have free wifi!!!!

Cheers! We are glad that we could help you in your trip! Hope to see you again :)

One of the hostel's workers, a young woman with glasses called Hanna, ignores the most essential aspect of the turistic work: hospitality. While she was speaking by phone, I standed in front of her for a question about breakfast. She ignored me for three minutes and when I ask her to attend me and not ignore me anymore, SHE MADE ME SHUT UP. I've traveled around the world and never a hostel worker had made me shut up. Never. Think twice before choose Helvetia Hostel, backpackers!

I'm sorry for this misunderstanding. Hanna received a phone from a customer who was making a reservation. When you stood in front of the desk she gave you a sign just to wait a moment, but you immediately felt offended. Even if she wasn't guilty, she followed you to explain why she couldn't talk to you, but you didn't want to listen to her. Well, sounds like soap opera or it's just the question of differency in cultural codes of non-verbal communication.

Pretty central location, can walk a lot of places from here. We had a three bed private room which was very spacious. Breakfast was basic but included in the price (so a plus). Bit annoying that showers are not in cubicles. Otherwise a good (but not outstanding) stay.

Thank you for your comment! We will do our best to upgrade the showers.

Very good hostal but the showers need to be cleaned

• 8th Jul 2014

Super friendly, helpful staff. Met lots of nice folks in the spacious kitchen, common room. This is a nice, welcoming hostel for all types of travelers.

Cheers! Hope to see you again :)

Love this hostel!

Thanks! See you next time!

if you find your hostel earlier, you can find a better one. This one, a little far away from some main streets, conditions are so so and the price is not very worthy.

Just next to University of Warsaw...convenient to visit old town and the surroundings. Everything is fine.

Thank you for the comment .

Very helpful, professional, nice staff, good size, comfortable room.

Great location, close to the old town. Super friendly & helpful staff, nice room and common room. The shared bathroom is clean. Love it!

Thank you for such a great review! Hope to see you again :)

I love helvetia and helvetia's staff They are very kind and always smile I satisfied hostel Good luck

Cheers ! All the best for you too !

Very close to bus stop that can take you anywhere in the city, whether to old town or to airport. Withing walking distance of places of interest as well. Quiet neighborhood at night, and the hostel is in a building on level 1 which keeps it cooler during the day and night. Staff helped me with every request from where to get a haircut to how to get to the uprising museum. Would definitely stay here again.

Thanks a lot ! Hope to see you some day again :)

Everything was very nice! the kitchen does not have an oven, so don't buy frozen pizza like I did. oops! Very close to the center and with very helpful, friendly staff :)

Thanks for comment ! Next time we'll tell you where to eat good cheap pizza :)

A well-run and friendly hostel in a very good location within walking distance of pretty much all there is to see in Warsaw (2minutes walk away from the main tourist-oriented thoroughfare, 15-20 minutes away from the Palace of Culture and Science and 10 minutes away from the Old Town). I would say I've stayed in better hostels in Western Europe where the facilities were more modern and the breakfast was more generous, but they were all large chain hostels in competitive cities like Berlin.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Thanks! We are trying our best :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3