Hostel Monte Cassino Reviews

Av. Alfonso Perez Gazga 609-A, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Very friendly staff, helpful and attentive. Beach is just across the road from the hotel.

• 20th Jun 2015

The good: - It’s cheap The bad: - It’s next to a really loud outdoor nightclub (can't sleep before 4am) - Dishonest owner* - Aggressive owner** - Powerpoints/lights didn't work * Accidentally gave the owner too much money when I paid for accommodation. When I challenged him about it he said “That’s nothing. I gave it to ‘the girl’ anyway. I didn’t even keep it”. Didn't get my money back. ** At one point the owner threatened to knock me out!

• 18th Jun 2015

Mario and Paolo were very welcoming. I arrived and they immediately welcomed me with a big smile and good day. As they escorted me to my room I found the hotel grounds to be very clean and organized. The room was spacious, and clean also. after I organized my things I was ready to hit the beach for some surfing. Paolo explained to me that the best wave was a Zicatela but it was for the experience and pro surfers, I could walk there in 10 minutes. After my time on the beach I arrived back at the

Monte Cassino was a lovely place to stay in Puerto Escondido. The room was basic clean and spacious with en suite. Staff were friendly including of course Mario who is a font of knowledge and interesting stories. He gives the place a great homely vibe. If you want to eat pizza Mario's restaurant which is attached (oldest restaurant in town) is aces. This is not a hostel it is a hotel. It does not claim to have facilities that it doesn't but the name "hostel" is a little misleading.

• 24th Mar 2015

We try to give our guests more than what they expected. Exceeding your expectations is what we have always strived for. Thank you for choosing Monte Cassino.

Mario, the Italian owner is a legend! He can tell you everything you need to know, he is charming, friendly and such great company! The hostel is super clean, right in the heart of the town and the rooms, all with their own bathroom and toilet, are outstanding! It is great value for money - don't even think of going anywhere else! It also has it's own pizzeria, it's just across the road from the beach and has a supermarket near by. What more could you ask for?????

We are so glad you chose to stay with us. With so many choices for hotel rooms in Puerto thank you for your preference. We hop to see you next year or sooner.

We booked this place for 2 nights and ended up staying 9! Really nice place in a good location but the best thing was our host Mario! He really made us feel welcome and a part of the family. We enjoyed a few evenings eating delicious Pizza in his restaurant whilst listening to his great stories! We will be back!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Thank you for staying with our family at Monte Cassino. We hope to see you next year.

View all Puerto Escondido Hostels