Hostel Monte Cassino Reviews

Av. Alfonso Perez Gazga 609-A, Puerto Escondido, Mexico

I absolutely loved my stayed at Monte Cassino. It was in a great location, just across the road from the beach and on the main street where all the restaurants are. The owner Mario was so lovely and easy to get along with. He made us feel just like we were at home. Mario has an Italian restaurant joined to the hostel, the pizza was delicious!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Great atmosphere,secure and good value for money. I highly recommend this place for anyone coming to Puerto Escondido.

• 21st Mar 2014

We suppose to stay just one night but we are still here..(1 week) Try the restaurant too, the food is delicious

Great value for money. Located in the very center of tourist activity in Puerto Escondido and just 2 min from the main beach Playa Principal. However this is not a place for surfing whic is Zicatela beach just 10 min along the coast. Charming Italian owner makes a good company during lasy evenings with beer and pizza in their restaurant with Italian food. I woudn't go any further if my destination is central Puerto Escondido.

The owners were incredibly friendly and kind. We were given a larger room when we arrived. We only ended up staying one night as the bass from a nearby club kept us up until 4am, however the owner was very understanding and did not charge us for the second night.

big and clean rooms, however only very little water available in the showers.. the pizzeria was closed for construction works, so no idea about the quality, but believing the staff it should be opend again by now.

It's ok but I managed to find a much nicer room down the road for the same price. It's a shame their restaurant was being refurbished as that would probably have given it more atmosphere.

• 5th Nov 2013