Hostel Villa Vento Surf Reviews

Marbella, Calle 47, Casa 7, Panama City, Panama

We had a great stay here. The staff were really friendly and so helpful and the location of the hostel is great! Only a five minute walk to the waterfront and a short walk to the old town. The four bed dorm was comfortable and the swimming pool is gorgeous. Definitely recommend it!

Great Hostel and staff. Thanks Daniel and Carmelo. Stayed 2 nights here with my kids 7 and 10 yrs old and had a blast. Enjoyed it so much that during my next visitation days with my kids Oct. 16-19 will stay at the beach Hostel in Playa Morrillo. Got a great deal on the private room for both stays and will give everyone the update on the beach Hostel. Gracias por todo y que Hostel mas agradable y divirtido. Mis ninos les gusten la pisicina en al dia y noche!!!!! Aloha y Paz Blake Gilner

• 3rd Oct 2014

The owner of this place was awesome. The rest of the staff could use a lesson in customer service. The rooms are basic and sufficient since you don't spend much time in them anyways. Pool was great. No lockers in the rooms but there were lockers in the lobby.

Warning: I was offered a "free night" at a "sister" hostel on the beach (because I'd been a guest in Panama City). I thought I was going to a fishing village. "You can ride in the van with Steve tomorrow night" I was told. Well, the van cost $30 each way, the hostel (very nice rooms) was a totally secluded surf camp; there was no free night; 2 nights for the price of 1, i.e., 2 nights at half price. My 'free night' cost almost $100. But I KNOW I offered a fine dinner to the sand fleas.

Atmosphere was chilled and the pool was awesome for sunny days! Staff was relaxed and helpful. Internet connection a bit slow and crashing down time to time but over all great place to stay!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Nice and clean hostel in a good neighbourhood with a friendly and helpful staff. No need for more!

Nice hostel, great location, near of everything you need... They have a nice pool where you can relax and meet other people!

so good hostel:-) no complains. well done papi:-P

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Norway

Very friendly staff, helped me every time I needed, as well as enjoyed conversations and helped us to meet other guests. Clean place, a kind woman clean bedrooms and toilets every morning, and helps us with breakfast. Good place to stay, next to places to eat, to visit and out of busy Casco Antiguo Town, where you can go, visit, and sleep in a quiet place.

We loved our stay at the Hostel Villa Vento Surf and came right back after our trip for our last few days in Panama City. There's a second Hostel about 4 hours away at the Pacific coast which you should definetely visit for at least 3 days. If you talk to the owner they might take you with them by car (they are two brothers and switch every weekend). But it's also easy to go there by bus.

This hostel is right in the centre of the city in Marbella that is the best part of the city .It is also closed to the nightlife which is mainly along the calle uruguay which is just 2 blocks and the Hard Rock Hotel which I recommend also at night specially the Sky Bar in the 62 floor that in really awesome and becomes a disco over the week end.It is also very closed to one of the main bus stations (at Multicentro). The place is clean and the athmosfere and the people are very good & friendly

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel was nice, the pool is a plus. But during our entire stay there was NO internet, NO water and NO beer! they say that they usually have it though.

• 4th Aug 2014

The pool and the staff are what really makes this hostel - they will bend over backwards to help you and the pool makes it very hard to leave!

• 31st Jul 2014

Hostel Villa Vento Surf is a very nice place to stay and just to relax. The staff is very friendly and gives useful advises. The hostel is very clean with comfortable beds. The atmosphere is good as well. The hostel is also very good located in a safe area where you have shopping malls and restaurants nearby. I had a good time here and that's why I can recommend it to other travelleres as well. If I return to Panama-City I'll definately stay at Hostel Villa Vento Surf again because I enjoyed it!

I enjoyed my stay herr. The staff were friendly and helpful. They made booking my trip to San Blas very easy and it was wonderful. The location is more urban than pretty, but it is convenient.

Nice swimming pool and good location! great time there!

It is a really nice and clean hostel. The staff is nice but a bit confused - and confusing. So if they book something for you, double check if it's done!

Loved the hostel! It's located right in the center of the city so everything. People are really nice and helpful, breakfast is awesome and everything is really clean! The rooms have air condition, which is really nice in Panama City. The pool is awesome and I bet the cafe which is gonna open right in front is going to make it even nicer - it already looks awesome! Thanks for everything guys! I really enjoyed the stay with you and will come back whenever I'm back in panama!

Awesome hostel! I came back to Panama City a few times during my travel throughout the country and this ended up becoming my home base. The staff and owners were so incredibly friendly and helpful and made traveling alone so much easier and comfortable. There's not a ton going on right around the hostel, but it's in a central location to get just about anywhere, and lots of times there's no need to leave since there's always people hanging out and making their own fun. Definitely a great call!

• 21st Jul 2014

Really enjoyed staying there.