Hostel Villa Vento Surf Reviews

Marbella, Calle 47, Casa 7, Panama City, Panama

It's a good hostel to stay for a night or two to explore Panama City. The AC in the dorm might feel really cold the first night your there but you will appreciate it later. The staff is nice and helpful and can answer a lot of questions that you might have.

• 13th Aug 2015

I first stayed in a very popular hostel in the city but decided to switch after a few days to see a different part of the city. The staff here is amazing at making you feel welcome and relaxed and I instantly fell in love with the socialable and chilled out atmosphere (and pool!). The staff was always ready to help out with any questions or problems I had. Highly recommend this hostel!! If you want another amazing experience check out their hostel Playa Morrillo as well - promise you wont reg

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

I arrived, and they said the price was higher than I was quoted by Hostel World ($15). The staff are nice though sometimes not knowledgeable. Location is in town, but I would recommend staying in Casco Viejo instead as that is the main attraction and a half hour walk from this hostel, especially if you want to be close to affordable Panamanian food options. The wifi is unreliable. I appreciated the included pancake breakfast. The communal room is nice and makes it easy to meet peopl.

Nice place with a nice pool and a very chill vibe. Booked a 4 person dorm for 3 people... There was no lock for the door. You just leave your things and can't lock up behind you. Never have had that happen at a hostel and really didn't like it. Lots of people seem to actually live here. Do not take a tour from some random guy. He acted like he worked at the hostel when I was trying to find out the best way to the canal and we ended up wasting an entire day because he was clueless :(

Hello, sorry that you thought the tour was a waste of time the day you went the traffic in the city was horrible due to a protest from universities, he actually does work in the hostel i can assure he knows what hes doing and is a very nice guy if not he wouldn't be working here, regarding the lock for the door each bed has a locker assigned to it apart from that we have a locked storage room for your bags. in four years the hostel has been open we have never had an issue with this.

All of the staff was welcoming, we felt completely secure to leave our backpacks while exploring the city, and the owner Daniel and his dog were the highlight! The pool was extremely clean, the kitchen open for use was a huge money saver, and the breakfast & coffee were great as well. We loved staying here and plan on returning on our way back through Panama. Our favorite hostel so far in PTY/Costa Rica.

• 5th Aug 2015

Second stay here. Like it a lot.

The staff was super friendly and very helpful! There is a really cool bar in front of the hostel, where everybody sits with a beer or a 'cuba libre', and it's an excellent place to meet fellow travelers. The backyard is perfect for a fun night, here you can drink cheap beer from the hostel, listen to reaggae tunes or have a late-night-swim. The atmosphere is awesome! Fun and relaxed, and both people living in the hostel and staff were always up for a talk and a dance. ;-) Btw free pancakes!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

I went to Villa Vento after only reading good reviews about the hostel, and I couldn't agree with them more. The owner, Daniel, and the staff are genuinely nice people and super helpful. I went to Panama for a month with no plans, and they gave me great recommendations that ultimately led to an incredible overall trip in Panama. I enjoyed the proximity to the Cinta Costera path with incredible views of the city, where I'd run as often as possible. Cool pool, sweet pancakes, good lounging.

• 12th Jul 2015

Hostel is located in Centrum of the city, around 40minutes by the walk from the Casco Viejo. I really enjoyed the place, its clear, with good facilitated kitchen, nice lounge area and swimming pool. Everybody is friendly and the place has great atmosphere. Definitely recommended it!

Stayed 02-06 July, had a great time. Location is a little sleepy (mainly a business area), but there are some cafes near by, a corner store literally around the corner, and an abundance of taxis a short walk down the street. Staff was friendly, respectful, and accessible. My main complaint was a lack of atmosphere at the hostel (it was a bit too "chill") and a lack of events. Only one night did a staff member organize a hostel-wide trip to a nearby club. Then again, some may prefer this.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • dca05

hello sorry you thought they wasnt enough atmospehre in the hostel but sometimes we have no control over this its depends on the guests we do a free rum night every saturday

Brilliant hostel with a really lovely chilled and friendly vibe. Loads of sofas and places to relax, and the pool is a definite plus!

The owner is a really nice guy. I also stayed at the sister hostel in Santa Catalina. Location is good for the business district, can get bus to the old town just down the road. Air conditioning only on between 9pm and 9am in the bedrooms. Only 2 bathrooms for all guests but overly a big issue as it is a smaller hostel. Hostel arranged good secure transport to the airport for me. Unfortunately the common area isn't air conditioned which would be nice due to the humidity in Panama.

hi thanks for the review just to make clear that we have five bathrooms in the hostel

Super helpful staff, safe, clean, great resources, and fun!! Plenty of space to lounge, clean pool, plus the cafe is top notch!

• 4th Jun 2015

Not much in the surrounding area but it's a short taxi or about an hour walk to casco viejo along the water front/av balboa. Pancake batter and coffee provided in the mornings which was good. There is also a pool and lots of sofas. Beers are $1!

Villa Vento was awesome, we had a great stay here! The rooms are clean and have a/c, there's a pancake breakfast and the best coffee we've had so far this trip. Chill vibes and the pool is an added bonus! We'll definitely be back!

This hostel was very much a party hostel. There was a pool, fire pit, and large lounge area. Stayed here for 1 night in May 2015. Rooms were air conditioned, but it was WAY TOO COLD at night. I wore sweaters and had to get up in the middle of the night to turn of the A/C. Kitchen and bathrooms were not that clean. Did meet some great people here!

I have stayed in numerous hostels in Panama city, villa vento is by far the most comfortable, clean and most professional hostel I have been to. Breakfast and coffee in the mornings were perfect. The owner is a legend and the staff are more than happy to help with information and transfers from the hostel.. A real safe, fun vibe, after a night or two at the hostel you feel like a part of the family! Definitely will stay next time I'm in the city.

• 22nd May 2015

Great hostel, excellent staff. Many thanks to Stephen, cool and professional

Good place to discover Panama City!

Best hostel in the city !

• 4th May 2015