Hostel Villa Vento Surf Reviews

Marbella, Calle 47, Casa 7, Panama City, Panama

Lugnt trevligt vandrarhem med trevlig personal.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

The guy who owns it who is always on reception is so helpful and will always go out his way to make your stay that even better! Nice chilled atmosphere and it's real close to the shopping centre and lot's of restaurants. I highly recommend.

• 5th Dec 2014

The location is great. It has everything near the hostel, bus stop, restaurants, bars, banks, shopping malls. The kitchen needs more utensils, stove and a new refrigerator greater. The water in the showers are cold, however there is no need for hot water because the city is very hot. The only problem that upset me was the internet that was bad for almost a week I was there. The rest was very good! I made several friends and the vibe is very good!

The perfect place to stay! The only thing i didnt like was that you are not able to use the kitchen, so you have to pay for every meal.. but that is understandable as electricity is not unlimited there.

• 17th Nov 2014

Check out the Playa Morrillo Hostel!!

So happy i stayed at this place. Its in a great location just a 5min walk from the hard rock hotel, the kitchens alright, there are lockers for both your bags and actual security lockers down at the reception as well, dont forget to bring your own locks thou. The staffs great as well, we really enjoyed our stay.

We had a great stay here. The staff were really friendly and so helpful and the location of the hostel is great! Only a five minute walk to the waterfront and a short walk to the old town. The four bed dorm was comfortable and the swimming pool is gorgeous. Definitely recommend it!

Great Hostel and staff. Thanks Daniel and Carmelo. Stayed 2 nights here with my kids 7 and 10 yrs old and had a blast. Enjoyed it so much that during my next visitation days with my kids Oct. 16-19 will stay at the beach Hostel in Playa Morrillo. Got a great deal on the private room for both stays and will give everyone the update on the beach Hostel. Gracias por todo y que Hostel mas agradable y divirtido. Mis ninos les gusten la pisicina en al dia y noche!!!!! Aloha y Paz Blake Gilner

• 3rd Oct 2014

Como já Tinha estado em Casco Viejo anteriormente, selecionei este Hostel por ser muito bem localizado no centro do Panama, próximo ao shopping, cassinos e da Av. Balboa, o que facilita a saída para o aeroporto de ônibus. Piscina boa e equipe do albergue fina. Para quem gosta, panquecas incluídas no café da manhã. Único ponto negativo: banho frio.

The owner of this place was awesome. The rest of the staff could use a lesson in customer service. The rooms are basic and sufficient since you don't spend much time in them anyways. Pool was great. No lockers in the rooms but there were lockers in the lobby.

This hostel is in the best neighborhood in panama (marbella). Ive been to panama a few times, and this hostel had the best location, atmosphere, a pool, good bars and restaurants and shopping all close by. there are pancakes and coffee in the morning for breakfast... recently they opened a little cafe in front of the hostel and literally have the best brownies i ever ate... the owner is a very nice helpful guy and all of his staff are good people and very helpful... thanks for everything guys!!

• 17th Sep 2014

Warning: I was offered a "free night" at a "sister" hostel on the beach (because I'd been a guest in Panama City). I thought I was going to a fishing village. "You can ride in the van with Steve tomorrow night" I was told. Well, the van cost $30 each way, the hostel (very nice rooms) was a totally secluded surf camp; there was no free night; 2 nights for the price of 1, i.e., 2 nights at half price. My 'free night' cost almost $100. But I KNOW I offered a fine dinner to the sand fleas.

Atmosphere was chilled and the pool was awesome for sunny days! Staff was relaxed and helpful. Internet connection a bit slow and crashing down time to time but over all great place to stay!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Nice and clean hostel in a good neighbourhood with a friendly and helpful staff. No need for more!

Nice hostel, great location, near of everything you need... They have a nice pool where you can relax and meet other people!

so good hostel:-) no complains. well done papi:-P

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Norway

Very friendly staff, helped me every time I needed, as well as enjoyed conversations and helped us to meet other guests. Clean place, a kind woman clean bedrooms and toilets every morning, and helps us with breakfast. Good place to stay, next to places to eat, to visit and out of busy Casco Antiguo Town, where you can go, visit, and sleep in a quiet place.

It was really nice hostel, great staff. Excellent atmosphere

We loved our stay at the Hostel Villa Vento Surf and came right back after our trip for our last few days in Panama City. There's a second Hostel about 4 hours away at the Pacific coast which you should definetely visit for at least 3 days. If you talk to the owner they might take you with them by car (they are two brothers and switch every weekend). But it's also easy to go there by bus.

This hostel is right in the centre of the city in Marbella that is the best part of the city .It is also closed to the nightlife which is mainly along the calle uruguay which is just 2 blocks and the Hard Rock Hotel which I recommend also at night specially the Sky Bar in the 62 floor that in really awesome and becomes a disco over the week end.It is also very closed to one of the main bus stations (at Multicentro). The place is clean and the athmosfere and the people are very good & friendly

• 6th Aug 2014