Hostel Villa Vento Surf Reviews

Marbella, Calle 47, Casa 7, Panama City, Panama

Atmosphere was chilled and the pool was awesome for sunny days! Staff was relaxed and helpful. Internet connection a bit slow and crashing down time to time but over all great place to stay!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Nice and clean hostel in a good neighbourhood with a friendly and helpful staff. No need for more!

Nice hostel, great location, near of everything you need... They have a nice pool where you can relax and meet other people!

Very friendly staff, helped me every time I needed, as well as enjoyed conversations and helped us to meet other guests. Clean place, a kind woman clean bedrooms and toilets every morning, and helps us with breakfast. Good place to stay, next to places to eat, to visit and out of busy Casco Antiguo Town, where you can go, visit, and sleep in a quiet place.

We loved our stay at the Hostel Villa Vento Surf and came right back after our trip for our last few days in Panama City. There's a second Hostel about 4 hours away at the Pacific coast which you should definetely visit for at least 3 days. If you talk to the owner they might take you with them by car (they are two brothers and switch every weekend). But it's also easy to go there by bus.

This hostel is right in the centre of the city in Marbella that is the best part of the city .It is also closed to the nightlife which is mainly along the calle uruguay which is just 2 blocks and the Hard Rock Hotel which I recommend also at night specially the Sky Bar in the 62 floor that in really awesome and becomes a disco over the week end.It is also very closed to one of the main bus stations (at Multicentro). The place is clean and the athmosfere and the people are very good & friendly

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel was nice, the pool is a plus. But during our entire stay there was NO internet, NO water and NO beer! they say that they usually have it though.

• 4th Aug 2014

The pool and the staff are what really makes this hostel - they will bend over backwards to help you and the pool makes it very hard to leave!

• 31st Jul 2014

Hostel Villa Vento Surf is a very nice place to stay and just to relax. The staff is very friendly and gives useful advises. The hostel is very clean with comfortable beds. The atmosphere is good as well. The hostel is also very good located in a safe area where you have shopping malls and restaurants nearby. I had a good time here and that's why I can recommend it to other travelleres as well. If I return to Panama-City I'll definately stay at Hostel Villa Vento Surf again because I enjoyed it!

I enjoyed my stay herr. The staff were friendly and helpful. They made booking my trip to San Blas very easy and it was wonderful. The location is more urban than pretty, but it is convenient.

Nice swimming pool and good location! great time there!

It is a really nice and clean hostel. The staff is nice but a bit confused - and confusing. So if they book something for you, double check if it's done!

Loved the hostel! It's located right in the center of the city so everything. People are really nice and helpful, breakfast is awesome and everything is really clean! The rooms have air condition, which is really nice in Panama City. The pool is awesome and I bet the cafe which is gonna open right in front is going to make it even nicer - it already looks awesome! Thanks for everything guys! I really enjoyed the stay with you and will come back whenever I'm back in panama!

Awesome hostel! I came back to Panama City a few times during my travel throughout the country and this ended up becoming my home base. The staff and owners were so incredibly friendly and helpful and made traveling alone so much easier and comfortable. There's not a ton going on right around the hostel, but it's in a central location to get just about anywhere, and lots of times there's no need to leave since there's always people hanging out and making their own fun. Definitely a great call!

• 21st Jul 2014

Really enjoyed staying there.

Staff very friendly, people nice but beds crammed into a small room.

Leo and the staff were great. Chill vibes, good beer prices, and the pool was so welcome at the end of a long day.

We only stayed one night after flying into Panama City, but this is an excellent Hostel. Very clean and air-conditioned rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful and having a swimming pool at a Hostel is awesome. If we head back to Panama City we shall definetly be staying again.

In general, very laid back. No problem bringing in your own alcohol. Staff was always willing to help. There was always music playing (which I think is a good thing, but I can understand if others disagree). The chill atmosphere, hot weather and cheap hostel beer prices inspired everyone to have a beer in their hand at all times. This place really just forces you to sit back and chill. The dorms/rooms upstairs are oddly organized to minimize privacy, but it's not a big deal. Fairly clean.

Situated around the corner from the beautiful cinto costero waterfront walkway. Felt completely safe both day and night! Although not many cheap places to eat out. It was a more relaxed, mature vibe in the hostel, lacking in atmosphere. Lady at reception was fantastic. The guy on the other hand...a complete kill-joy. Only issues were with the wifi which kept dropping in and out and rooms were a little cramped + squeaky bunks. Kitchen was well equipped. Not enough lockers for the number of bunks.