Hostelling International - Chamounix Mansion Reviews

3250 Chamounix Drive, West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, USA

Please change those beds now. Probably the worst bed i've slept in my entire life. That would have been a reason not to stay in your hostel, plus the location and the difficulties of taxis and ubers to get there.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Historic and elegant, but far from bus lines.

It was a comfortable place with beautiful outside surroundings. I had more enjoyment than I expected.

• 30th May 2015

I think in case of hostel facility, everything was good except for a shower tool. Water pressure was too strong.

• 12th May 2015
  • South Korea

We've been getting complaints about the shower heads, so I am going to ask my boss to have someone take a look at them. I have the same type of shower head in my apartment here and it's fine. I wonder if it may have calcium and rust build up. I'm sorry, that must have been painful! I hope you didn't have a sun burn! Thanks for your comments. Abbe

Very nice hostel, out of the way and quiet if you like that sort of thing, which I do. Lovely building, I enjoyed the Federal style rooms. Beds and pillows are a little hard for my taste, but still a nice place especially for the price.

Mattresses are on our wish list, to be sure. I hope that you were able to get a good night's sleep. though. Guests do double up mattresses and put blankets underneath. They are very resourceful, and I am glad, because if that's what it takes to alleviate the mattress problem until we get new mattresses, then everyone sleeps well at night! Thanks for the comment. Abbe

A meravigliose historical mansion in a huge natural park,silence and comportable,well equiped kitchen, enaugh and original common spaces with furniture which has antique value, sleeping rooms well but it is not easy to sleep because of the beds which are very thin , old thin sheets and 100 % poliester blankets ,bath rooms are clean .Thousands thanks to Andrew for her kindly manner, but the all other person have to learn from him,like an old man walking around and observing everybody .

A bit out of the way, but if you have a car, it's a great place to stay. My GPS had trouble finding it - it's a good idea to have directions with you before you start out. The surroundings are peaceful with a nearby horse barn and several cats outside on the porch. The staff were friendly and helpful. The building and furnishings are charming antiques. The bathrooms were clean but the showers were tiny and the shower heads were not adjustable. No 3-prong outlets in the bedrooms.

• 10th Apr 2015

The place is pretty weird and was closed when I got there. It's pretty far from downtown.

• 21st Mar 2015

If you like quiet, It's good place for stay.

View all Philadelphia Hostels