Hostelling International New York Reviews

891 Amsterdam Avenue, NY 10025-4403, New York, New York, USA

The breakfast included it's kind of lousy, they could do a better effort and offers better food

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

My fourth or fifth stay at this hostel. It's expensive, but hey, it's New York.

Massive hostel with multiple common areas and rooms to hang out. Good dorm rooms. Friendly atmosphere with very helpful staff. Loved the 24/7 concierge desk. 1 min walk to the metro where you can access all of Manhatten. Only negative is the no drinking in the hostel rule.... for me this was the first time I have come across a place with this rule and I have stayed in HI hostels right across Europe.

Apart than a sometimes noisy roof because of the people above, it was very good! thank you for all.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Peru

Overall, a great experience! Though the first person who checked me in was quite rude, the other guy on the counter was much nicer, as were all the staff. Though I didn't do the organised activities it was good to know they were going on and gave me an idea about the city.

• 27th Nov 2013

The hostel was ok, but I hated that there were no bathrooms in the bedroom, instead there was a common bathroom/shower on each floor- abit inconvenient.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Kenya

The structure is OK (good kitchen,nice staff,Wifi works but not everywhere) but I write a bad rewiew because it's not possible to sleep, with schools groups, people who use electronic devices in the dorms all over the night and who come back in the dorms during the night. Seven horribles nights at the price of 54 $, without breakfast, probably the most expensive and the more noisy hostel in the world. Yes,we are in New York, but I want to sleep during the night

a bit far from city center but theres a metro station right next to it. dorm room is clean.

Next to the metro line and Central Park

Great staff..great everything.. Definetely stay here every time im at nyc

• 24th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

There was one major problem during my stay: I didn't sleep well because the heater in my room was extremely loud. Apart from that the hostel is good with lots of facilities.

Loved the new remodeled areas, I stayed two years ago for the first time and I am staying again next year! Excelent tours! Excelent guest! 😄👍

• 21st Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The tours organised by the hostel are excellent such as any of the walking tours with Ed and Jerrie! Really good location close to lots of bars, places to eat, Central Park and right next to the number 1 line on the subway. Very good hostel

We've stayed in hostels around the world and we both think yours is the best of the best. Very friendly, helpful, professional staff. State of the art kitchen. Exceptionally clean throughout. Handy, reasonably priced cafe on site. jJust one short block to the subway. Yours is an all-around pleasant place to stay and we will be back. Thank you all.

• 14th Nov 2013

It was my third time in NYC and my second staying at this hostel. Can't complain, staff is great, very helpful, bathrooms are very clean and even though breakfast is not included, you can eat for a few bucks, not that expensive. The best thing are the free tours, I really enjoyed Bob's Central Park Tour. Next time I'm in NY, I'll definitely stay at HI.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

Nice and clean and with good facilities but no functioning internet throughout my four night stay, a very unwelcome 3am fire alarm test and for some reason all the door handles give you static electric shocks. Good access to Central Park and 103rd Subway. However as this is the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed at I was expecting slightly better.

This is a great place. It was really clean everywhere and the room was nice. There's a great little café at the hostel with lovely staff. Unfortunately the wi-fi stopped working the day I arrived. And the first two-three days I asked when they thought it would work again, and they Said "probably tonight/tomorrow morning". But the internet was down for 6 days and ame back the morning of My departure. I guess I was unlucky but one staff member was really rude about it which I found really bad.

Amazing hostel. Anything you need it's in this place. Thanks to Betsy and Jesse, two very helpful recepcionist.

It was quite cold in the room the first nights and the WiFi wasn't working most of the time, but despite this I really enjoyed my stay. It was clean, the staff was nice and helpfull and there was quite a lot of activities to join if you'd like. Also I met some people to hang out with.

Wi-Fi didn't work some days.