Hostelling International Sucre Reviews

Calle Guillermo Loayza # 119, Sucre, Bolivia

Dirty room with wet floor, muddy bathroom and damp bathroom. The hostel is very dated and although located close to the bus terminal, it is a long walk uphill/downhill to the centre of town. Much better options available in the central area.

Good all round hostel!

Bathrooms were filthy

Owner and staff were very welcoming and friendly. Barry took the time to show me all the attractions in the city and recommended a place to have a meal . Really appreciate that. Location is right round the block from the bus terminal.

Far away from the city center, but close to the buses terminal. Safe, clean, hot water. But not really crowded nor convenient (far away).

• 29th Jul 2013

The room was clean,the kitchen dity.I didn´t get the type of room I had booked, and had to pay more than I had signed up for..Grumpy staff at the reception. I left the room key at the reception and when I came back the door and the window were wide open, the key in the lock.Thay had painted the walls in my room when I was out.There was paint on my backpack on on some of my clothes, nothing was missing from the room but they didn´t even say sorry...So safty is zero in this place.

The kitchen was grose, the rooms really dirty and eventhough we asked if they could clean it, they didn't. The staff was very rude as well, the wi fi didn't work a lot of the time and the location is quite far from the city center. All in all not a nice place, wouldn't recommend it at all.

upon arrival they didn't have our booking - luckily we were with someone who was fluent in spanish as they tried to charge us 180B for a room that was supposed to be 100B PLUS we'd already paid our 10% deposit online. however this was sorted thanks to our spanish speaking friend. wouldn't recommend booking here if you only speak english - you may get ripped off/not get the room you booked. was clean though, ok wifi in the lounge, nice garden area. 5 mins from the bus stop but 15 from the square

Given that it is part of a reputable chain of hostels, I was expecting the staff to be friendly and helpful and the atmosphere to be fun. However, the staff (except the man who appeared to be the manager), were all extremely unhelpful, and even lied to us. It turned out that we had to pay for internet, when they said we didnt. They were rude and just watched tv while they were serving us. Our room was dirty and the kitchen was badly equipped and full of ants. Don't stay here.

Hi, I probably would have given a better rating to this hostel, except for the last day when I was checking out, they charged me for an extra day because I was a little bit later than the check out time. Nowhere did it say about this charge. Also I had already paid for my two nights but the guy at reception didnt believe me so I had to have an argument before he believed me. Other than that it is really close to the bus terminal and a nice looking hostel.

The staff were not helpful. they charged extra an if you were not out by 12 they charged an extra night. deffently would not go back an not recomend it.

Had to pay extra for a lot of facilities- breakfast and internet. Kitchen area not the cleanest. Really near bus station but generally out of the way for centre of Sucre. Good laundry service, staff dubious. Not 24hour reception in our experience, leaving us sitting in the bus station :-(

I arrived here at night (we had taken a overnight bus and this hostel is right by the bus station) and the front desk guy did not want to let us in. there was 6 of us who had showed him our reservation and he said he didn't see it in the computer, even though all 6 of us-- who were all traveling separately-- had showed him our reservation confirmations. lucky for us a group of german boys who were volunteering in sucre at the time helped us get in. terrible night staff!

Right by the bus stop which is as near to a positive as I can get, I checked and checked out 5 hrs later and found a single room to myself for the same price right in the centre of Sucre. I was put in a 4 bed dorm which was basically in the garden, the sheets smelt of damp, it looked as though someone had thrown up in the bin the nightbefore but no one had cleaned it, the shower was luke warm and dirty. Plus no one spoke to each other and it was a bit of a walk to town, don't do it!

This is a nice hostel contained within a grand colonial building. It has nice dorms, nice showers, outdoor patio area but the location isn't great and its full of German volunteers who refuse to mix. However, the worst thing about this hostel is how rude the staff are! They just grunt at you. They switch off the wifi at 11pm and the guy at the desk refused to give me 5 mins to finish an email swearing at me in Spanish. When I checked out they tried to charge me for 4 night instead of 3!

Great location when getting off a bus, but far from everything else. Appears to be mostly semi-permanently occupied by German volunteers. As a building the place is fine, but it felt like it had been more enjoyable years ago, odd atmosphere.

very good if you just want to stay near the bus station. One nice member of staff, the rest are rude.

located far outside of the city centre no trustful or secure safe storage for valuable stuff. it was just a cupboard where they put our things in.

Clean and nice rooms.

When I stayed here it was full of German students who didn´t bother talking to anyone, so on the social side this hostel lacked the fun factor! Also only the boss could speak English which was difficult when other staff members were working. However the boss was a great laugh and very helpful. Great beds and a nice place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3