Hotel Baron Reviews

1523 22nd street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA

Basic hotel amenities, very clean. Friendly staff, though I would have appreciated an answer to my emails prior to arrival. The location is excellent with plenty of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Also the Bier Baron restaurant and tavern within the hotel is worth a visit with it's delicious bar menu and incredibly large selection of beers. The most important sights are a short metro ride away, the riverside can also be reached easily by a nice walk through Georgetown.

Nice place to stay - very clean, included all the basics and great value breakfast. Little bit out of town if you are there to sightsee but great value if you don't mind getting the subway.

• 29th Jul 2013

A great location with plenty of bars, restaurant amenities in very close proximity for a low price. Subway close by and bus routes everywhere. The wifi was not reliable in our room. Signal would cut out then randomly connect again. The staff member who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. He changed our room upon arrival to somewhere quieter and gave us plenty of information for our stay. Breakfast was disappointing. Not much choice. Bar/restaurant below is a must visit!

• 5th Jul 2013

Our room was well equipped, clean and modern, staff were friendly and helpful. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that attached/associated with the hotel was a restaurant/bar that was apparently voted within the top 100 beer bars in the USA (their menu claimed to have over 600 different variety of beers!) and hotel guests were given 15% discount on everything (including the beer!) at the bar.

Awful! I called the hotel to confirm my stay the night I was flying in and they said there were issues with the room so they booked me somewhere else. I called the other hotel and they had no reservation for me so I ended up having to make a new reservation.

The next time I go to D.C., I'll definitely be staying at the Hotel Baron. I was delighted to find a quality place to stay for an affordable price and in a great location!

• 18th Apr 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Baron. The staff were extremely friendly and the hotel is in easy reach of the metro allowing access to the whole of Washington. The hotel provides good value for money for anybody intending to sight see in Washington. Also there is a real ale bar in the hotel with a massive range of world beers for you to sample.

• 15th Apr 2013

Very nice

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Portugal

This hotel was good overall. As you enter, it looks a bit dingy, and there is no elevator so you have to carry your bags up the stairs. The room I got was great. It was on the fourth floor at the back of the hotel so it was nice and quiet. The room looked like it was renovated recently and everything was clean. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and if you can get a room at the back - even better! The area is really nice and safe. For $110 per night it is good value in this area in March.

• 15th Mar 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, convenient location.

All in all, this is a great place to stay in Washington. Excellent location -- close to Dupont Circle and a very pleasant 20 minute walk over to Georgetown. We had a twin room and I thought the price was very reasonable. Helpful, friendly staff. I'd definitely stay again.

• 29th Sep 2012

Nice place, excellent location. This was my first time in DC and I stayed at Hotel Baron for three nights. The staff at the reception was a little unfriendly/ignorant sometimes, but the bar BierBaron's staff was awesome. Very friendly and helpful and fun. Room was always very clean after the cleaning staff, and the room had everything I needed for a three night stay. I would definitely recommend this place for a smaller budget traveller (even though this wasn't that cheap though for my budget).

Had a very good stay!!! Recommended!

An older hotel in a good neighborhood, in walking distance from Lincoln Memorial and close to restaurant, metro... The room had a bathtub and was clean. The window was tiny and faced a building. Breakfast was for 5 S and was quite ok. Staff was cold, but helpful and we could store our luggage even until middle of night. Overall a great choice for budget price in Washington.

It was very good, value-for-money, breakfast included, we had nice room, clean and totally OK! I recommend it definitely.

• 22nd Aug 2012
  • Hungary

A little bit far from the D,C. but still good location, near Dupont circle and many stores and restaurant, No elevator.

The room was clean, but not as large sas displayed on the internet website image. Also, the beds were quite small for a USA hotel. High price for an ok room.

I did like it. Very well located and clean. It is perfect por what I paid.

• 1st Aug 2012
  • Argentina

I didn't even stay there. I called to cancel my reservation for more than a month in advance but they yet have charged me for a room. What's the point to call them, then? I didnt mind thet they charged for 10% deposit. I know it was a policy, but they charged for hotel room even I called to cancel for at least one month beforehand. It's really Not fair.

Very expensive for a larger single bed in a tiny room but it was all that we needed. Great location and the staff were very nice and helpful!

• 11th Jul 2012