Hotel Baron Reviews

1523 22nd street NW, Washington DC, USA

When we got there, something was wrong with our booking. However, they took care of it although we hade to wait in lobby for about 20 mins. This lead to, however, that they messed up the bill and double charged us and I had to call and email to get it fixed. The hostelworld price was not respected, and we ended up paying about 10% more. Rooms however were great. Clean and sufficient. Area is fantastic w/ lots of pubs, restaurants etc. Loud area thouhg. Loud music playing to about 1 AM.

Nice room with a nice and clean bathroom, the location it is not the best for tourism in dc but it is decent if you want to hit some bars at night.

This hotel exceeded all expectations. Located about 2 blocks from the Dupont Metro stop makes for an ideal location, not to mention all the embassies and resturants in the surrounding area. The room was clean, had a tv, various furniture including a desk and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was cleaned and towels replenished everyday. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in DC. Note: the only issue was poor wifi in the room but not in the "lobby area".

• 9th Jul 2014

The room was nice and clean with a good shower. Location ideal - just down from Dupont Circle. The bar down the stairs does good food too!

• 8th Jul 2014

The staff was very friendly and the facilities were great.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This was the perfect hotel for a young person looking for a good locale and atmosphere. The room was clean and it was cleaned everyday with amenities. I appreciated the kindness and cleanliness. It was a perfect stay.

• 3rd Jul 2014

It is definatively worth the money and in a really nice neighborhood. We had a good sleep there.

We were told we would be sharing the bathroom but it turned out we had our own one so that made us so glad !

• 21st Jun 2014

excellent budget hotel. Except the elevator is a pain especially after a long day and it is not convenient for luggage. Location is awesome!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Nice place, good neighborhood, small but cozy rooms, good staff, timelyou room cleaning. A tavern is located in the basement with wonderful food to which hotel customers have a 15% discount; $5 breakfasts before 9 that I unfortunately never tried. About an hour walk from the National mall, so could be a nice walk if you have time. But isn't really walking distance. PublI can transit available. Overall very good for the price

Best "value" hotel we've ever stayed in. Simple and clean. Nothing fancy, but an amazing location and a great historic feel.

• 19th Jun 2014

Nice place close to everything and really cheap

• 3rd Jun 2014

Basic hotel amenities, very clean. Friendly staff, though I would have appreciated an answer to my emails prior to arrival. The location is excellent with plenty of good restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Also the Bier Baron restaurant and tavern within the hotel is worth a visit with it's delicious bar menu and incredibly large selection of beers. The most important sights are a short metro ride away, the riverside can also be reached easily by a nice walk through Georgetown.

Nice place to stay - very clean, included all the basics and great value breakfast. Little bit out of town if you are there to sightsee but great value if you don't mind getting the subway.

• 29th Jul 2013

A great location with plenty of bars, restaurant amenities in very close proximity for a low price. Subway close by and bus routes everywhere. The wifi was not reliable in our room. Signal would cut out then randomly connect again. The staff member who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. He changed our room upon arrival to somewhere quieter and gave us plenty of information for our stay. Breakfast was disappointing. Not much choice. Bar/restaurant below is a must visit!

• 5th Jul 2013

Our room was well equipped, clean and modern, staff were friendly and helpful. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that attached/associated with the hotel was a restaurant/bar that was apparently voted within the top 100 beer bars in the USA (their menu claimed to have over 600 different variety of beers!) and hotel guests were given 15% discount on everything (including the beer!) at the bar.

Awful! I called the hotel to confirm my stay the night I was flying in and they said there were issues with the room so they booked me somewhere else. I called the other hotel and they had no reservation for me so I ended up having to make a new reservation.

The next time I go to D.C., I'll definitely be staying at the Hotel Baron. I was delighted to find a quality place to stay for an affordable price and in a great location!

• 18th Apr 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Baron. The staff were extremely friendly and the hotel is in easy reach of the metro allowing access to the whole of Washington. The hotel provides good value for money for anybody intending to sight see in Washington. Also there is a real ale bar in the hotel with a massive range of world beers for you to sample.

• 15th Apr 2013