Hotel Colorado Playa del Carmen Reviews

Calle 4 nte. between 20 y 25 Av. Col. Centro, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Nice and warm welcoming from the Hotel Colorado. The location is good, less than 5 minutes from la Quinta (Main street in Playa del Carmen) and less then 10 minutes from ADO bus station, Room was very good with kitchen and a quiet air con. Water was warm with very good pressure. Bed and sheet were good.

Friendly staff, little hotel not too far from the beach and the fifth avenue where all tourists go. It's nice to be a little further in a quite place sometimes. I found the room quite cool, the temperature even without aircon was .good Good bed; There was a fridge in the room and a bathroom door that you can closed if you need. there was a little table like in a kitchen. Other rooms has their own cooking facilities, many restos near by too. for breakfast try casa Tucan on calle 4 y15

Had a great stay here, the owner greeted me by name at the front gate! Awesome location, not too far from the strip but just far enough to get out of the hustle and bustle.

I've never written a review but had to for this place. I loved staying here! Wasn't sure where to stay as a woman traveling solo. I wasn't really wanting to stay at a hostel dorm but wanted to travel cheaply. This place was perfect. Clean, safe, colorful, and peaceful. Cord and Sibil were very kind and helpful and went out of their way to help me with everything. This hotel is quiet but comfortable, and you don't have to walk far to be in the middle of bars, restaurants and nightlife.

• 17th Feb 2015

Nice friendly staff and a no hassle stay for one night. It was quite loud at night but the location was very good. I appreciated that there was free water provided to fill up our bottles.

• 13th Feb 2015

We LOVE this place!! My husband and I have stayed at Hotel Colorado 5 times now and would definitely go back! The only somewhat downside is that we were charged for 3 people (because there were no two people rooms left), which took into our budget. Other than that, the staff is amazing, very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is located about 3-4 blocks from the beach and on the same street as nice local bars and an amazing Italian Restaurant. I always recommend this place to family and friends.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Hotel Colorado is a good budget option. It has a feel of a hostel without the party atmosphere. The receptionist was very helpful, she let us use the phone to confirm our ride to the airport. She was very friendly and helpful, as well. The water was hot with plenty of pressure, can't ask for much more than that. Cable TV and air conditioning are other plusses. The location is perfect, close enough to walk to the beach, but far enough away to feel like you are in an authentic neighborhood.

We had a great stay at Hotel Colorado. It has a great service (cleaning and fresh towels every day!) and very friendly staff. A locker in the room would have been perfect - but that´s the only thing missing. Thank you for those great days at Playa!

This hostel is absolutely great, very close to the center, clean and functional. I would definetely go back again!

Had a great time there, the staff is very helpful. Def will stay there again!

Very nice hotel close to the colectivo station in Playa and the downtown area. Not much of an atmosphere however, would recommend for couples or groups. Really enjoyed our stay Hotel Colorado.

Pros - very secure, quiet and nice atmosphere, nice grounds and room, friendly staff, good location Cons - only small things really - our room was on the top floor and we had to go downstairs to get wifi connection. It's very quiet so not much chance to meet other travellers, but if that is not what you are after anyway it's a very nice place.

I stayed for one night with my brother. The high points: private room and bathroom for a very good price and very clean, very quiet at night no noise, staff very nice. Down points: no spaces to chill or read outside the room that has a roof (it rained when I was there, it doesnt happen often) not many spaces to meet people, no common kitchen or place to eat.

• 19th Dec 2014

They were very quick to respond to my email when I had an enquiry. The owners were very welcoming and friendly.

Decent place to stay in Playa. Only spent one night, but was better value than my next port of call.

Loved this place. Intended to stay three nights but ended up staying six instead. The price is good for what you get. The location is perfect. 5 minutes walk to all the tourist stuff, but still just far enough away that you can enjoy the slightly less touristy stuff as well. Owners very friendly and accommodating. Would absolutely stay here again.

The owners are wonderful people. Nice courtyard. Good rooms for the money. A few blocks of the main street and w/ a nice roof terrace.

• 23rd Nov 2014

My room was clean and the beds comfortable. It was a great value. I highly recommend a stay here.

• 14th Nov 2014

Had a great time meeting new friends and the manager helped me get around to all the local places the first week. I will stay again next year and will recomend this Hostel to my friends)

• 7th Oct 2014

Good location not too close to noise. Very quiet but lovely surroundings.easy access to beach and restaurants and bus station.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels