Hotel Colorado Playa del Carmen Reviews

Calle 4 nte. between 20 y 25 Av. Col. Centro, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

the place is lovely, like staying at a Mexico House, the staff is lovely and helpful, in the room you have everything to make your stay an excellent one, even a fridge, tv, wifi, a kitchenette. the location is wonderful, just a few steps away from ado terminal bus,from the vans stop, restaurants, supermarket, 4 blocks from the beach. It is really a place which you can recommend to everyone!

As backpackers, my son and I had just finished traveling for six months in South and Central America. Hotel Colorado was the perfect place to rest and relax for a few days before flying back home. Our hosts were always helpful and caring. I would highly recomend Hotel Colorado.

• 4th Apr 2015

Very nice little hotel/hostel. The stuff were very helpful all the time. The beds are in good conditions and you have all the things that you can need if you want to cook. Good wifi connection, cable tv with some channels in English. We had a great stay here! Kinds regard from Leyla, Thomas and Jörgen

Stayed here with 2 girl friends, close to the beach, quite, clean, nice staff....not fancy but cozy! will come back here. :)

• 24th Mar 2015

The hotel is charming and pays attention to small details which make the atmosphere so enjoyable. Jacqueline runs a safe, clean and very welcoming small hotel. It is an oasis just a few streets above the main tourist area. Jacqueline told us about where to eat local food and with her assistance we had a most memorable time.

The Hostel it´s a 3 blocks from the main center street, they cleaned every day, and you have someone always watching the door. The room we get, was very nice, with two bed, bathroom, a little fridge and a little kitchen with everything. We spent two weeks there and we had a very nice time. I recommend it very much.

A great place to stay in PDC - friendly and helpful staff and a clean and comfortable room.

Conflicting feelings about this place. Like someone below said, it really has the potential to be a kick ass hostel based on location, general concept, an art which is spreading throughout the building. It seems like the owners put a lot of effort in the bottom floor and then the focus dropped on the last floor. Great common area but toilets with no ventilation. Huge kitchen and eating area but rusty old taps all over the place. Big private room but with a see-through door (creepy).

We stayed in Playa del Carmen for 4 nights, and were so glad we chose Hotel Colorado! It's a few blocks off of the main tourist strip, so it's quiet at night, but still an easy walk to the beach, shops, and restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable with cable TV, hot showers, and wi-fi. We had a fairly well-stocked kitchenette, which came in very handy. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We'd definitely recommend this hotel!

Really enjoyed my stay here! This is a great budget spot for the traveler who doesn't want to spend a ton, but also doesn't want to sacrifice quality. It's close to the beach, and 5th ave, but quieter than being on the main strip!

Great budget option in Playa del Carmen. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, good a/c, great location - far enough away from all the noise but heaps of good cafes/restaurants and cheap eats near by. Would stay here again.

I was there one night, but could see staying longer another time. The place is attractive and within easy walking distance of the bus stop, the beach, and the "scene". There was a place to buy fruit a block away and fresh water was available onsite. The host and hostess are friendly and thoughtful, there are places onsite to hang out, and the beds are comfy. I liked the locking gates. I used my eye mask to sleep under the window for the breeze yet avoiding the safety lights.

• 25th Feb 2015

Nice and warm welcoming from the Hotel Colorado. The location is good, less than 5 minutes from la Quinta (Main street in Playa del Carmen) and less then 10 minutes from ADO bus station, Room was very good with kitchen and a quiet air con. Water was warm with very good pressure. Bed and sheet were good.

Friendly staff, little hotel not too far from the beach and the fifth avenue where all tourists go. It's nice to be a little further in a quite place sometimes. I found the room quite cool, the temperature even without aircon was .good Good bed; There was a fridge in the room and a bathroom door that you can closed if you need. there was a little table like in a kitchen. Other rooms has their own cooking facilities, many restos near by too. for breakfast try casa Tucan on calle 4 y15

Had a great stay here, the owner greeted me by name at the front gate! Awesome location, not too far from the strip but just far enough to get out of the hustle and bustle.

I've never written a review but had to for this place. I loved staying here! Wasn't sure where to stay as a woman traveling solo. I wasn't really wanting to stay at a hostel dorm but wanted to travel cheaply. This place was perfect. Clean, safe, colorful, and peaceful. Cord and Sibil were very kind and helpful and went out of their way to help me with everything. This hotel is quiet but comfortable, and you don't have to walk far to be in the middle of bars, restaurants and nightlife.

• 17th Feb 2015

Nice friendly staff and a no hassle stay for one night. It was quite loud at night but the location was very good. I appreciated that there was free water provided to fill up our bottles.

• 13th Feb 2015

We LOVE this place!! My husband and I have stayed at Hotel Colorado 5 times now and would definitely go back! The only somewhat downside is that we were charged for 3 people (because there were no two people rooms left), which took into our budget. Other than that, the staff is amazing, very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is located about 3-4 blocks from the beach and on the same street as nice local bars and an amazing Italian Restaurant. I always recommend this place to family and friends.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Hotel Colorado is a good budget option. It has a feel of a hostel without the party atmosphere. The receptionist was very helpful, she let us use the phone to confirm our ride to the airport. She was very friendly and helpful, as well. The water was hot with plenty of pressure, can't ask for much more than that. Cable TV and air conditioning are other plusses. The location is perfect, close enough to walk to the beach, but far enough away to feel like you are in an authentic neighborhood.

We had a great stay at Hotel Colorado. It has a great service (cleaning and fresh towels every day!) and very friendly staff. A locker in the room would have been perfect - but that´s the only thing missing. Thank you for those great days at Playa!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels