Hotel Kastoria - Thessaloniki Reviews

Leontos Sofou 17, Egnatia 24, Thessaloniki, Greece

The room is a bit hot but they give you a fan so its good enough. It is well located in the city and not too far from train station. I had changed my reservation through email a few days before arrival and when we got there they said they had forgotten about it. Then we were cooking and a guy from the staff came yelling at us that the kitchen was to eat and not to cook (the smell of food bothered apparently) so beware! They say that its OK to do coffee pasta boiled eggs. ok for a night...

one of the worst nights i have spend in my life anywhere,the room was unbelievably ugly,hot,full of moskitos,noisy.i regretted not to have spend the night on the airport instead cause i did not sleep at all.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Greece

It was super loud from the street and the echo from the semi common area

After backpacking in three weeks and staying at hostels in Europe, we finally booked a hotel. This hotel had the worst standard I've ever seen. All the hostels we had been to had been better. Hotel was old, no airconditioning, no private bathroom or shower. It was so hot that we opened the window for some fresh air throughout the night. As it's in the city center, there was a lot of noise outside because of traffic. They promised internet access in all hotel, but it was really bad.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Norway

It's a pretty good location, Short walk from the centre. Noise from traffic. Pretty good for the price but nothing amazing.

nice place, you get what you pay for.

You pay too much for a room which is not good

Great, well-equipped kitchen and helpful staff.

The hostel is at the very center of Selonika. With frendly and helpful staff. it is definitely vale for Money.

I really liked Kastoria, it’s in a charming old building. The shared toilets and shower were very basic but clean. It has a nice kitchen. The location is great, easy to get to from the airport by bus and I walked to the train station in less than 15 minutes .There is everything you need nearby- take-aways and cafes, a supermarket, banks. Reception was really helpful and friendly. The only minus was 34 steep steps to enter. Maybe the staff help with luggage, I don't know because I didn't ask.

• 6th Jun 2014

Really good spot, but the whole place was in pretty bad shape. Was cheap, but I would have felt safer staying at a different hostel.

The wifi works perfect and the staff is really very friendly, that's it. Everything is dirty, smells of cigarettes and rooms are noisy.

Good hostel with nice staff and location.

It was like something out of a David Lynch movie. There were red bugs in the room and there was this creepy atmosphere. Really strange place, I really don't recommend it. Its super cheap and on the main drag of the city. But I'd try to find something better.

It wasn't bad, but it was a bit expensive for what it was. It was really just a place to stay, adequate but not particularly welcoming. It's perfectly fine as a place to stay, but I've been to plenty of other hostel that were better and less expensive.

• 18th Apr 2014

Good central-located accommodation for a raliable price. I recommend!

The hostel is placed in a central location. The rooms weren't the newest but I didn't expect that much for the price. What bothered us during our stay was first of all that it was extremly noisy in our room. Secondly you couldn't lock the toilets. The showers were also really old. If you want to stay for only one night for a really low price I would suggest this hostel.

• 18th Feb 2014

The staff were very helpful

• 17th Feb 2014