Hotel Kastoria - Thessaloniki Reviews

Leontos Sofou 17, Egnatia 24, Thessaloniki, Greece

The hotel is very old and is starting to fall apart, the walls are thin and the road is loud, the wifi didn't work unless I was sitting in the middle of the hotel, and even then I was only able to get one bar. I got sick after two days from how strongly it smelled of cigarette smoke. The only good part was because it was low season he let me pick my room.

Good for people that don't need much. Very basic rooms in a central location.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Israel

This was just alright. The location was its only selling point, and you get what you pay for. My private room contained no outlets at all and a uselessly weak wifi signal, making me need to use the lobby for internet and battery charging (very inconvenient). The floor in my room was dirty, had not been swept, and the cleaning was minimal in general. There are more highly-reviewed places for a similar price - there's no reason to check this one out unless others in the area are full.

Staff helpful and fiendly. Good location and value for money. Couldn't get Wi-Fi in my room and mattress uncomfortable.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Greece

It's look scary. Like it was bulit about 100 years ago. Like for some horror movie.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Too hot hostel with many mosquito

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Spain

The only thing that they renovate every year, it's the price, not the services !

We spent just one night at Hotel kastoria, our room was basic not especially clean nor comfortable. The wifi was unreliable and the guy at the desk when we arrived wasn't especially helpful or friendly. It's a short walk from the station which is good, it also has a spacious kitchen and on the street below there is a good restaurant for breakfast. We weren't especially impressed with our stay there, the 'hotel' is in clear need of some work, but you get what you pay for.

Not great