Hotel Minerva Reviews

Via Garibaldi 72, Siena, Italy

Good location,but the room is very very simple .The blanket seems dirty and generally no very clean.

• 26th May 2013
  • Greece

Good front desk service. Clean, big room. Short walk to town although it was a lot further from the train than was described in the directions.

• 25th Aug 2012

Great location which is nearby the city center and not far from the train station. Friendly staff helped us find a fantastic restaurant our last night there.

Expensive, but good service.

The older receptionist guy was lovely. Nice room which was very clean. Also a very good breakfast.

The building was a little bit strange, but it was about a 10 minute walk from town, and I had a great view from my room. The breakfast was included--even cappucino!

nice room, good location friendly staff

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was well located and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious. All in all very good value for the cost. Our room had a view to die for.

Very nice place. Big room and bathroom. Close to train station. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

Hotel Minerva is a really nice budget hotel. It's about a 10min walk from the train station in Siena and there are signs leading the way all along the walk. The rooms are big, the bathrooms are nice, and most rooms have a balcony overlooking Siena. It's about a 10min walk to the main Plaza. I would definitely stay here again!

Great view out over the city. The room was very hot.

The hotel exceeded our expectations based on the price. The room was bigger than most others in Italy. The breakfast was wonderful and filling.

Lovely hotel. So close to centre and the train station. Room was gorgeous. Good selection for breakfast. Very impressed!

The parking was in a garage, in a different area, and you have to pay for it, it is not free as the hotels suggests.

The hotel was walking distance of the town circle and shops. Great rooms and security since I was traveling alone.

I think if you are arriving SIena by rail, this hotel has the best location. However, it takes about 25min walking time. Just a note on the direction to the hotel: as you walk out of the train station, turn to the left, cross the road, and just go straight all the way until you see the hotel. It's great that the hotel provides free internet access!

A grand dame at one time, but fallen on slightly tougher times. Still, the staff was very cordial, the breakfast was the best we had in Italy, and it was reasonably close to everything (since it's Sienna, nothing is far away). However, it is not as centrally located as their advertising would have you believe. Stairway carpet runners truly need replacing, but rooms were big and airy and quiet. All said and done, we'd stay there again.

Great location...short walk from train station, right outside old town. Room was clean, staff were frendly, breakfast was awesome, but I get the feeling the hotel doesn't see a lot of backpackers (and I'm not used to dealing with porters!) Bathroom in my room was weird.... shower facet was hung on a wall in the middle of the bathroom and a drain in the middle of the floor (no shower stall) There was only a shower curtain hung through the center of the bathroom seperating the sink from the shower & toilet area. Needless to say, the entire bathroom floor was soaked after having a shower. Not too big of a deal though... at least the place was clean!

Had a great view over Siena from my balcony and the room was nice and bright. Breakfast was also good. I was able to walk to the hotel from the train station and Siena city center was also easily reachable by foot.

great view !